Fence & Deck Connection Inc

Maryland
Maryland: General

1544 Whitehall Rd

Annapolis, MD 21409

Fence & Deck Connection remains OPEN for modified project design consultations and installations.

We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

The founding owners, Jim Rubush & Ben Wolod, established Fence & Deck Connection in 1991. As lifetime Anne Arundel County residents, their commitment to providing the finest customer service in the industry has been instrumental to their success. The addition of Jeffrey Wall into the partnership in 2013 has added a great depth of sales & marketing expertise to help provide a customer experience like no other. Fence & Deck Connection has grown from what was once a two-man operation to one of the leading fence and deck companies in the state of Maryland. We have financing available. Additional Email - jwall@fencedeckconnect.com. Award winning. Additional Service Area - Kent Island...

fence company (134)decks & porches (69)woodworking (8)driveway gate installation (2)door installation (1)lighting (1)lawn & landscaping (1)patio enclosures (2)window replacement (1)tree service (1)

05/05/2022

Deveney S.

Fence looks great! County was slow with permits but our agent kept us updated and installed within a week of getting permit.

Description of Work
aide fencing installation

Work Completed On 03/20/2022

09/07/2021

James B.

I received several estimates and Fence & Deck Connection, after a very professional examination of the situation and a very clear explanation of the replacement plan, presented me with the lowest bid. Another fence company's bid was three times the cost! After choosing Fence & Deck Connection, I had two more visits from their personnel to plan the installation. When the crew arrived to install they were fully aware of what needed to be done. In one morning they installed a beautiful fence that was even more than I had hoped for. I will certainly use this company for future fencing projects.

Description of Work
I needed to replace an old 105' wooden fence on our farm.

Work Completed On 08/15/2021

Thank you for the 5 star review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience working with Fence & Deck Connection on your fence project with the Angi community. We are happy to hear you are pleased with your new fence, and that the process was easy.

07/19/2021

kim W.

The work is very good. Everything is done good. They followed all the rules that i requested. It was excellent from the beginning to the end. They have to come and inspect everything. It was excellent.

Description of Work
They demolished the old deck and they put a new deck.

Work Completed On 07/06/2021

Thank you very much for the 5 star review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience with choosing Fence & Deck Connection for your deck project.

02/12/2021

Diane B.

It went well, even during a pandemic! Everyone involved listened and helped with the project from start to finish. The deck met all our expectations. The crew was phenomenal!

Description of Work
Removal of old wood deck. Replace with Trex low maintance composite deck.

Work Completed On 02/12/2021

Thank you very much for your 'A' rating. We are happy to hear you had a great experience and are pleased with your new deck.

12/15/2020

William B.

I’d definitely recommend Fence and Deck in the future. Our experience was great from the initial proposal visit to completion of the project. Although your company was very busy, Fence and Deck met each schedule milestone and completed the work on time. I appreciated the visit by the job foreman who talked me through each step of the job and worked with me on the final configuration. On construction day the crew showed up on time, removed the old fencing, completed the new fence, and cleaned up bits and pieces of debris before leaving. We are very satisfied with the work and the neighbors are happy too.

Description of Work
Replace old and decaying wood fence

Work Completed On 11/17/2020

Review for Fence & Deck Connection Inc - 1544 Whitehall Rd, Annapolis, MD - 39085847

12/13/2020

Andrew G.

Just wanted to let you know that we are so happy with the deck. Everyone at Fence & Deck Connection was so easy to work with. This was the easiest home improvement/repair we've ever gone through. We really want to thank everyone. From our initial meeting with Tracy to the pre and post installation meetings with AJ things could not have gone better. Everyone we dealt with just via email was also extremely responsive. It actually surprised me how quickly our emails were replied to. And the crew were also great.

Description of Work
Backyard Deck installed

Work Completed On 12/13/2020

Thank you very much for the 'A' rating and taking the time to share your experience working with Fence & Deck Connection. We are happy to hear the process went smoothly from beginning to end and that you are pleased with your new deck.

11/20/2020

Sheldon R.

Very professional team. Competitive pricing. I had an excellent experience with the whole Fence & Deck Connection Team. Tracy Ours (Sales rep): Very knowledgable of the process. Explained the warranty in great detail. Timely response in providing initial estimate. Helpful with suggestions to suit my needs (i.e. survey process, increasing gate size). Very professional. Francisco Chacon (Project Manager): Very courteous. Professional. Explained his plans for installation clearly. Verified fence layout, style and specifications. Supplied a timely update to measurements once survey was completed. Provided timely updates for revised estimate. Installation Crew: Very professional. Installation was quick (about 5 hours). Conducted walk-through with me to ensure I was satisfied with the install. Cleaned up before departing. Cheryl Taylorson: Delivered great news that the install was moved up from Oct 29th to Oct 21st. I was impressed that someone delivered earlier than expected during these COVID-19 times. I’ve experienced delays with most of my other projects.

Description of Work
Fence installation

Category decks, fencing, woodworking

Work Completed On 10/21/2020

Thank you very much for the 'A' rating and taking the time to share your 'excellent' experience working with Fence & Deck Connection. We are happy to hear the process went smoothly from beginning to end and that you are pleased with your new fence.

11/10/2020

Debbie B.

Great. They followed my design for my garden fence and made suggestion. We worked well together

Description of Work
New fence for yard and garden

Work Completed On 10/31/2020

Review for Fence & Deck Connection Inc - 1544 Whitehall Rd, Annapolis, MD - 39014163

Thank you for the 'A' rating! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience working with Fence & Deck Connection with the Angie's List community.

10/12/2020

Thomas M.

Great professional service all around. Crew did an excellent job removing the old fence and installing the new fence! Had to buy and install a different gate latch as I wanted one that could be padlocked shut. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Replace existing fence, haul away old frnce

Work Completed On 09/30/2020

Thank you very much for the 'A' rating! We appreciate it!

10/03/2020

Jim S.

Twenty years ago Fence & Deck Connection installed a long fence (about 1,000 feet) around my backyard. Twenty years later five of the hundred or so vertical posts had rotted and were sagging, and I was worried they wouldn't last another winter. When I called Fence & Deck Connection to repair the fence, I didn't even remember that they provided a lifetime warranty on it. But of their own accord they reminded me of that fact and came out and did the needed repairs. It is very rare that I have ever used a product’s warranty and never have I used one twenty years after I made a purchase. Providing that warranty and then honoring it the way they did: That was amazing service!

Description of Work
Warranty work

Category woodworking

Work Completed On 10/03/2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our lifetime structural warranty! So glad you reached out to us and we were able to help!

07/07/2020

Russ J.

Very knowledgeable extremely polite. Great salesman

Description of Work
Price quote

Category woodworking

Work Completed On 07/07/2020

Thank you for your 'A' Rating! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the Angie's List Community.

06/08/2020

DOROTHY S.

will be done in about 1 or 2 more weeks....waiting on permit

Description of Work
part of a fence replaced

Work Completed On 06/08/2020

06/02/2020

DONNA K.

We have a beautiful new deck thanks to a great team at Fence and Deck Connection! I will gladly recommend them to friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
We needed a new deck.

Category decks, woodworking

Work Completed On 05/07/2020

Review for Fence & Deck Connection Inc - 1544 Whitehall Rd, Annapolis, MD - 38609098

Thank you for taking the time to leave us an 'A' Rating on Angie's List and for the recommendation. Enjoy your new deck!

05/13/2020

Mark M.

"The fence completion has been an amazing experience. Tracy came out initially to go over the plan with us in detail and was very hands on to provide us with exactly what we were looking for and the best design for our yard. The process of building the fence only took one day and the construction staff did an outstanding job both with the construction of the fence and their communication with us. They were in and out in one day and the design and quality is top notch. We love our fence so much we are also having the Fence and Deck Connection build a deck for us as well."

Description of Work
Fence around the perimeter of our back yard

Category driveway gates

Work Completed On 05/05/2020

We are happy to hear you love your new fence and had an amazing experience with Fence & Deck Connection. Thank you for the 'A' review - we look forward to working with you again on building your new deck.

04/13/2020

Cheryl N.

We love the fence. We have never been able to have flowers and have lost shrubs and trees to the deer. We back to the woods. The fence looks great. The sale, prep before installation and the installation itself went very smooth!

Description of Work
6 foot aluminum fence installed in back and side yards

Work Completed On 08/09/2020

Thank you for your 'A' Rating! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience working with Fence & Deck Connection with the Angie's List Community. We are thrilled to hear you love your new fence.

01/11/2020

Jason R.

Fence and Deck is the only company we will ever use for these kinds of projects. We had a fence replaced some years ago and were happy with the work, product and customer service since that project was finished. We decide to go with Fence and Deck to replace our old deck that was really falling part. Everything from the initial appointment through project clean up was done completely professionally. The demolition crew caused a small problem with our electricity, but the project manager more than amply recompensed us for it. We had a separate company remove a backyard pool right before the deck replacement. The Fence and Deck project manager and other company reps kept in constant contact with us, and were unbelievably flexible when the first project was delayed several times. Fence and Deck really sets the standard for how companies can make customers very happy.

Description of Work
Old deck removal and replacement

Work Completed On 01/03/2020

Thank you very much for your 'A' rating and for taking the time to share your experience with the Angie's List Community. We are happy to hear you had a good experience and know you will enjoy your new deck for many years to come.

12/27/2019

Maria M.

The most professional company I have ever hired. After several estimates from other companies/contractors we were pleasantly surprised with Fence & Deck Connection. The estimate was highly detailed, price was very fair, prep for our redeck project was great. Their attention to detail made me so happy and thankful I didn’t hire one of our previous estimates. EVERYONE was courteous and knowledgeable. I would hire again in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
Re-deck project

Work Completed On 12/27/2019

Thank you for the 'A' Rating and the thoughtful review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the Angie's List Community and are glad to hear you are happy with your new deck.

08/27/2019

Kelli L.

After we had our rear fence removed to accommodate the installation of a parking pad, Fence & Deck Connection installed a brand new rear fenceline and gate at the new end of our yard. From the initial quote to the day the work was done, we had great communication with them. Price was well under the quoted price from one of the Big Fence Companies and a discrepancy with the quote/final billing was handled quickly and efficiently. We will definitely hire them again!

Description of Work
Had a section of chain link fence and gate relocated/replaced

Work Completed On 07/02/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Angie's List. We appreciate the 'A' rating and are happy to hear that you had a great experience.

05/09/2019

Shawn C.

“ Everyone did a great job from the Crew, sales person, project manager and so on. I was pleased with the time it took to get it done the good house keeping after the job was done and the consideration of protecting the Sod. I was pleased to see a quality control guy stop by to look at it. And I already have recommended the Fence and Deck Connection on the community face book page so all the neighbors know. Best regards, Shawn ”

Description of Work
Fence and deck

Category decks, fencing

Work Completed On 04/22/2019

Thank you for the 'A' rating and for taking the time to share your experience with the Angie's List community.

04/01/2019

C F.

“ The entire process, including cost, timeliness, efficiency and follow up was extremely impressive. My husband was in construction for the majority of his career and tends to be critical in this area. From initial visit through the after-completion follow up, he had nothing but praise for the company and the finished project. We highly recommend! ”

Description of Work
Fence installation

Work Completed On 03/08/2019

Thank you so much for your 'A' rating and recommendation. We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review. We are thrilled to hear you had a good experience and know you will enjoy your new fence for many years to come.

01/17/2019

terilyn A.

Our experience with Fence and Deck Connection was nothing short of exceptional. All aspects of the project exceeded our expectations and the final product was even better than we imagined. From contract signing with David, to the project design and approval process with Carl, Lennell, and the production team, and finally to the installation with Eddie and his crew, was seamless. Communication was constant and consistent, expectation management was set and most importantly we understood the intricate details of the entire project. But that is not where it ended, the production crew conducted a follow up and final inspection after the project was completed and ensured that there were no screws left unturned. The patience and time that each individual took to ensure optimal customer satisfaction is truly appreciated.

Description of Work
Deck installation

Work Completed On 12/31/2018

Thank you very much for your 'A' rating. We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review. We are pleased to hear that you were happy with the overall experience of your project and hope you are enjoying your new deck.

01/11/2019

Leslie V.

Fence and Deck Connection, far exceeded our expectations. Not only in price, but timeline as well. From our first phone call to the final follow up call, we knew we were in good hands. When Steve Nehus arrived I thought I knew what we wanted in a porch. Steve immediately made some suggestions that not only change the look of the porch from, nice to wow and the price didn’t increase! We were given a bid on the spot! (Which was better than we had hoped) Steve was easy to talk to and easy to work with. Any questions I had from roof color to work schedule to questions about parking in our driveway were quickly and professionally answered by both Carl Schmidt and TJ Farley. TJ sent beautiful 3D drawings of what the porch would look like. The crew were such hard workers! Arriving early and staying late! Always polite and cleaning up at the end of the day. And when we threw a curve by asking for a gate on the porch, the one gentleman hand built it on site!!! We are very pleased with the quality and the price of our new porch. We have and will continue to recommend Fence and Deck Connection to family and friends.

Description of Work
Replaced a small front stoop with a large covered porch

Work Completed On 11/19/2018