We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Chesapeake Electric

Founded 2014 • With Angi since February 2015

117 Gibralter Ave

Annapolis, MD 21401

We pride ourselves on getting your project done right the first time! Chesapeake Electric is a locally-owned and operated company in Annapolis, MD established by Master Electrician, Ryan Deshaies. With over 50 years of combined experience, our dedicated team focuses on providing superior customer

02/23/2020

Margaret F.

I felt the price was way too high for the half hour of work and I had to get my son-in-law to cut and remove the whole span of wire.

Description of Work
I needed a live wire disabled and removed

Category electrician

Hi [Member Name Removed]- We are sorry to hear about your experience. We are making changes and would love to hear more about your experience to ensure this does not occur in the future. Please feel free to contact me at LLanger@cheselectric.com. Thank you for your feedback and I hope to hear from you.

05/19/2019

David G.

Great experience. They were really responsive to emails and did a great job.

Description of Work
Add Recessed Lights to Two Rooms

Category electrician, lighting

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate the feedback. Please contact in the future for any additional needs we can help you with!

11/16/2018

Jody V.

Exceptional! Very thorough, explained all steps involved before starting the job. I am so happy I would hire them again!!

Description of Work
Install 4 recessed lights

10/29/2018

Charles C.

The electrician did a quality job by relocating the light fixture; however, the actual charge was $195 or 65% more than the estimated price of $300. Owner refused to pay the extra $195 and the realtor had to pay it. Electrician also didn't replace two regular recessed light bulbs and the realtor would have to buy the light bulbs from Home Depot and installed himself.

Description of Work
Minor electrical work

Category electrician

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to review our work. When we field service calls here in the office we give our best estimate for the work as it's described to us. Many times, the actual work that needs to be performed may change once a technician performs his dianostic review onsite. We communicated with the owner about the defective bulbs in which he replied he would take care of himself to save on the repair cost. We rely on your feedback and we'll use this to further improve our customer service.

07/10/2018

Carol S.

They worked very safely and efficiently. I have complete confidence and we have been completely satisfied. We intend to continue to use them.

Description of Work
Replacing some old light fixtures, checked on some outlets outdoors.Repaired doorbell, hung an expensive chandelier.

06/07/2018

Elizabeth H.

great, I plan to use them again soon!

Description of Work
recessed lighting

05/02/2018

Michelle R.

Very smooth, easy scheduling with Ryan. He explained what materials I should order beforehand and the team supplied LED dimmers. 2-man team arrived on time, were courteous, efficient, and did excellent work. I will be calling Ryan for any other electrical jobs we have in the future!

Description of Work
We moved into a new construction home and needed lighting installed in 5 bedrooms, office, dining room, and kitchen island, a ceiling fan installed, motion sensor lights outside, and upgraded 8 outlets to USB port outlets. Moved light fixtures to foyer and hallway.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

04/06/2018

Mel D.

I didn’t have the parts for the ceiling fan but they provided the rough in for it. They were on time and professional. There were some additional fee for supplies which is expected.

Description of Work
Light switches and ceiling fan

01/26/2018

Cathleen M.

The work went great. A representative looked over the situation ( a 3 story townhouse), decided it could be done and gave us a solid price. The two person crew who did the work were punctual, efficient and neat in their work. The detectors and wiring was installed with no damage to the paint. The job took them about 3 hours. My wife and I were very pleased.

Description of Work
Install wired smoke and CO2 detectors throughout house. The detectors are wired together so if one goes off they all sound. Each has a 10 year battery for backup during a power failure.

01/09/2018

Zachary M.

Very well. I bought the deal for 2 hours for $249 - they sent 2 people for one hour, which was great because they got the job done faster. Robin was the senior tech, Mario the junior. They were very efficient yet did a solid job. The job lasted beyond the 2 man-hours of the deal, and the extra was charged at $35 / 15 minutes. Overall it took 2 hours, and the total cost was $389. I am very happy with the work and would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Replaced 2 ceiling fans in 2 bedrooms, replaced 6 bulb light fixture above bathroom sink, with 2 new fixtures.

09/25/2017

Krista C.

They struggled to get the ground run through my basement ceiling, but despite the extra time spent, they still charged the quoted price. When the inspector came a few days later, he complained that the electricians were not there to meet him. (They had been at the stated time but left before the late arriving inspector.) We did pass inspection, regardless.

Description of Work
Heavy up and whole home surge

07/25/2017

Diane S.

The work looks pretty good, however, there were issues regarding the cost of the job. I requested that the company purchase outlets for me, because I was not able to find the grey color that I wanted. I was quoted a price of $178 for approximately 8 outlets. I, unfortunately accepted the price over the telephone, without seeing the product. They were cheap plastic outlets and definitely not worth $178.00 To add to that waste of money, I had purchase the package deal for 2 hours of work for $249.00. When the job was completed, they told me that it would cost an additional $60.00, because it was two people that came to my home, although it was admitted that it was only a one person job. Needless to say, I refused to pay the additional $60.00, because the job was completed within the timeframe allotted.

Description of Work
Replaced several outlets in my kitchen

Category electrician

Thank you for your review. We're regretful that you were displeased with our service. The outlets provided to you are top of the line with what is offered in the market today. The coupon that was purchased was one electrician for two hours -or- two electricians for an hour. We worked 30 minutes past the coupon which is why there was a balance of $60. We appreciate your feedback and will use this experience to help better serve our customers in the future.

06/17/2017

Cathleen M.

Chesapeake Energy Solutions arrived promptly, performed the work carefully and quickly and charged the agreed upon amount. We would definitely use them again. We had painted the ceiling before the work, but the work was done so neatly that we couldn't tell the difference. We were very pleased with their work.

Description of Work
Replace six cylinder down lights in the living room, kitchen and hallway ceilings with L.E.Ds and install two new L.E.D. down lights. Install two new L.E.D. dimmers.

05/10/2017

Joan S.

Excellent work, very responsive. Work was completed quickly and everything was done properly. We are very happy with their service and would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Rewiring in house. Replacing and upgrading breaker box.

01/02/2017

Brian B.

The guys that came by to do the work were courteous, punctual and professional. I just moved into a new home and had ALOT of work that needed to be done. (Mount and run wires for 4 tvs, pendant light x3 hung, chandelier hung, exterior flood light hung). All of the work looked great and they worked hard the whole time. I highly recommend.

Description of Work
Electrical work/tv mounting

12/18/2016

Dimitrios D.

The two service men who came to complete our "electrician for a day" deal where just flat out awesome. We gave them a fairly long list of items that we wanted done that was quite varied in nature (replacing electrical outlets, installing dimmer switches, exhaust fan timers, re-wiring a light switch, installing a light fixture, installing TV on the wall, and more). They worked through the list quickly and efficiently, explained things about our electrical system along the way (which was very helpful) and were exceptionally courteous and professional. They also worked very well as a team, dividing and conquering all of the items on our list. Recommend them without reservation.

Description of Work
General electrical work.

12/09/2016

Joseph P.

Call Chesapeake Energy Solutions after having the fire department at my house early in the morning for something over heating and causing smoke to fill my house. the fire department recommend that I replace both lights in my kitchen and considering the smoke detectors did go off that morning I replaced them as well. I talked to Ryan at 8 am to see if he could get someone out that morning. he told me he was pretty booked in the morning but someone would be there around 5 pm. Everything went perfect. Clinton the electrician arrived earlier than was expect, and performed the work in about 2 hours. Very nice guy who explained the difference between my old lights and the new ones that were installed. Clinton was very responsive to any questions I had about the products installed. Received a phone call from Ryan the owner today, seeing how everything went and if there was anything else that he could be a help with. Customer Service is something I'm big on and Chesapeake Energy Solution hit on all my bench marks. A 5 Star company. Thank you Chesapeake Energy Solutions. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Description of Work
Has Three smoke alarms replaced with smoke/ carbon alarms. replaced the housing for a recess light and the kitchen light.

12/03/2016

PAUL S.

Much better than expected. Very fast and neat.

Description of Work
repairing landscape lights and installing motion sensor lights

12/03/2016

Carol H.

The service was fabulous. They did a great job. They were quick and very accommodating.

Description of Work
They replaced a GFI outlet in our backyard, attached a strap from the house, and a few other things we needed done because we were selling the house.

11/16/2016

Chris M.

They did an excellent job. There were some minor charges but that was because they provided parts. They were completely acceptable. What stood out was their willingness to take on a project in such a short amount of time. I would absolutely use them in the future.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for Chesapeake Energy Solutions. I had them replace all of the light switches and electrical outlets on the upper level and the living room level.

10/15/2016

David H.

Electrician was very professional, communicated thoroughly, and did a great job.

Description of Work
Inspect the main panel and diagnose a failing circuit. Also, installed an outdoor weather-protected outlet.

10/14/2016

Gary H.

Great! Responded immediately, on time and did good work.

Description of Work
Under cabinet lighting replaced, HIGH ceiling light bulb replaced, electrical outlet repaired. Outside transformer replaced and some outside lightbulbs replaced.

10/13/2016

Margo S.

It was AWESOME. I've used Chesapeake Energy Solutions twice... Both times the experience was outstanding. The staff were very prompt, and professional. Very polite and courteous. I was amazed at their level of competence, expertise and knowledge of their craft. They came in, and were troubleshooting and knocking out issues faster than I could keep up with.. They finished all that I needed done, before my time expired. How incredible is that..?? I was truly impressed. I used them a second time, on another occasion, to install a ceiling fan, and once again, I was blown away by a phenomenal job. The technician put down tarp on the flooring to protect my beautiful hardwood floors. Before feeding the wires thru the walls, he took care to cut nice, clean openings in the walls. (I appreciated the fact that he saved the perfectly cut pieces for me, to be reinstalled later... ) Upon completion, he did a superb job of vacuuming and cleaning up the area. He left my home as he found it. I would highly recommend Chesapeake Energy Solutions to anyone that needs proficient, lightening-speed, service. Ryan and his crew are "on it" and are masters at what they do. They genuinely know their stuff.

Description of Work
Miscellaneous electrical

Category electrician, ceiling fans

10/04/2016

Craig N.

These guys are great. Matt was my electrician and he was fast, and did high-quality work. I will definitely use these guys for future electrical needs.

Description of Work
Fixed an outlet, added an outlet in the garage, added an outlet in the basement and disconnected a faulty baseboard heater, making it safe. All this was done under a $99 Angie deal.

10/01/2016

Amy T.

The service was perfect; quick, efficient and Ryan was very polite and professional. I'll definitely be using this company again and again! Highly recommend to anyone living in the Annapolis area!

Description of Work
I needed to have rewiring done in my kitchen because the fridge kept shutting off (GF outlet misplaced). I had the rewiring done and GFI outlets placed where they should have been in the first place. Ryan also looked at a broken ceiling fan I had in another room and got that to work as well. I couldn't be happier with the service I received!

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Atlas Home Energy Solutions

Atlas Home Energy Solutions is committed to providing the highest quality home energy improvements to homeowners interested in reducing their utility bills and improving the comfort of their home year round. Customer Satisfaction is our number one priority and we promise that we can make a real impact in your home in a way that keeps you happy every step of the way. Images

The Outdoor Advantage LLC

The Outdoor Advantage, LLC has been making customers happy in central Maryland by performing quality work at reasonable prices since 2002. We specialize in hardscape design and installation, mulching, hauling, planting, gutter cleaning, landscaping, power washing, snow removal and general outdoor maintenance. We help the homeowner add value to their land and create beauty according to the homeowner’s budget and dreams. It is our pleasure to serve the homes of Carroll County, Baltimore County and Baltimore City. We also have several customers as far south as Montgomery County.

Mr. Handyman of Anne Arundel and North PG

We are proud to have won more than 50 Angie's List Super Service Awards! We do everything on the honey-do list that honey doesn't do! Individually owned & operated franchise of the largest Handyman companies in the country. We are licensed, bonded and insured. All of our technicians have a minimum of 10 years experience and are full-time employees of the company. All work guaranteed for at least one year (any exceptions are discussed and noted on the invoice). And it's not just the small jobs! We have years of experience doing larger projects, especially bathroom remodeling! MHIC # 102097

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
    24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
    Maryland
    State of Maryland Department of Labor and Regulation
    03/10/2020

Chesapeake Energy Solutions specializes in new construction, renovations, additions, lighting installations, generator installations, pier wiring, tenant fit-outs, security lights, electrical service panel upgrades, LED lighting, under-cabinet lights, ceiling fans, troubleshooting and much more.

Home security systems.