Benfield Remodeling

Founded 1980 • With Angi since March 2011

Welcome to Benfield Remodeling. With over 30 years in the Home Remodeling business in the Baltimore-Annapolis area, we have provided outstanding services, expert designs, and completed projects to satisfy our most challenging clients. We work with our clients from beginning to end to ensure total satisfaction. When you work with Benfield Remodeling, you can be assured that you are receiving high quality service from a professional who is ethical and reliable. Do you need kitchen or bathroom remodeling or just an update? We fulfill your dreams with design and the completion to your specifications. We offer superior service and the finest materials. Please check our website out at www.benfieldremodeling.com for additional information. We also partner with www.wolfleader.com and www.inhomestone.com...

Zekes Painting

We offer quality and affordable Interior painting services.

Offers by Zekes Painting  on Angi
Pro Stage Home Improvement

With over 20 years of experience behind the scenes at your favorite events, we offer the highest quality of work always sticking to YOUR schedule. .

Offers by Pro Stage Home Improvement  on Angi
Bright Painting & Home Improvement

Bright Painting & Home Improvement LLC is a small, family owned & operated business located in MD & VA. The owners is our estimator Marco and general manager Alex. Marco and Alex are available on a daily basis to ensure a complete customer satisfaction. We only use high quality products and are certified in lead paint removal. We specialize in custom painting, drywall, general home remodeling, tile, power wash, carpentry & more! We offer more than just the quality of service. We have been in business for 4 years and we have been doing this for more than 10 years.

05/11/2015

Barbara F.

Tommy was the man who did the actual work. He was great and knows everything about plumbing and installation of marble and ceramic tile. We had a few delays because of bad weather and snow in other parts of the country. So, waiting for pieces of marble and the frameless shower door were unavoidable. My dog loved Tommy and I felt very comfortable leaving him alone in the house with the dog when I had appointments, etc. the bathroom looks wonderful.

Description of Work
Replaced my old shower with a new marble shower and matching floor. I bought the supplies but paid for labor.

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor,plumbing,remodeling,marble & granite,home remodeling,doors

02/15/2015

Robert S.

Did a nice job on remodel of two small bathrooms. Willing to make sure job is done right. Bathrooms came out to our satisfaction and entire staff was polite and we'll skilled. Had a couple instances of lack of communication that could use improvement. Would use again.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category remodeling,home remodeling

11/03/2014

Jessica S.

Very professional, nice character and timely with returned phone calls. I just don't believe that this knowledge and experience would fit our needs.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for a general contractor for a week.

Category remodeling

07/24/2014

Gary A.

We contracted with Benfield for a complete new bathroom, installed in our family room and to renovate the upstairs bath with new tile etc. Mr. Livingston was great to talk with and had a good feel for what we wanted. We agreed on the price and the project was started in a few months (they were busy). His employees were helpful, suggesting changes to my design for the better and were very courteous and careful in their daily work. We are completely satisfied with the finished renovations. It took a bit longer than planned but came out looking great. Tommy was very helpful giving us advice and very knowledgeable. Justin did most of the final work, including the remodel of the old bathroom and most of the tile. He also was knowledgeable in what he did and the bathroom looks great.

Description of Work
Complete new bathroom downstairs and remodel of old bathroom.

Category ceramic tile,home remodeling

07/19/2014

Sedelle R.

e out for a visit and that I should expect to receive a call the next day. Two weeks passed and no call. I reached out to the elderly gentleman again and he seemed a little irritated when I pointed out that he'd dropped the ball in that he didn't follow up as he said that he would. At the close of the conversation, he indicated yet again that I would hear from him by the next day. That call never came!

Description of Work
I contacted the provider to come to my house to provide an estimate on a leaking shower in the main bathroom in my home. An very pleasant, elderly gentleman (whose name I do not recall) came to assess my bathroom leak from my living room and give some ideas on what he thought the issue might be. He indicated that he was not the expert, but had another person who was currently working on another project that was an expert on this type of thing. He would be contacting this expert within his company to make plans to com

Category plumbing

05/18/2014

Lindsey S.

We picked this company because they said they could start in our timeline, which was important because we our due with our first child later this month. The owner was responsive with our needs, but his worker did not show up at the expected time and would constantly leave early. For this reason the job took longer than expected. In addition, concrete accidentally went into the drain, so he had to drill through our ceiling and patch it up. After the job was done the shower looked great, but when we used it we found out that the shower does not drain properly. The owner said he could not fix it and discounted the price of the project. After every shower we have to sweep the water to the drain, which is a pain (especially at 9 months pregnant). I would not recommend using this company.

Description of Work
Worked on our master bathroom. Took out the tub and changed it to a tiled shower.

Category home remodeling

First, I would like to offer our sincere apologies that you weren't satisfied with your finished project. With over 30 years in the Home Remodeling business in the Annapolis, MD area, we have provided outstanding services, expert designs, and completed projects to satisfy our most challenging clients. We work with our clients from beginning to end to ensure total satisfaction which includes accommodating the unique timeframes of their projects. Because we want to fulfill your design dreams, we can provide the materials for a project or the client can purchase material from an outside source. From time to time projects might take longer due to availability of the needed materials. And on occasion our reliable professionals might need to adjust their schedules due to unexpected emergencies. During a project the unexpected might arise and we will fix those things as well. In the case of this member we discounted the price on the items we couldn’t fix. In addition to installing the new tub and tile, we painted areas to put the “finishing touch” on the bathroom at no charge. We welcome you to continue reading through our reviews and testimonials to evaluate our work. Best regards, Dave

04/29/2014

Delta P.

Great. Just what we wanted.

Description of Work
Complete remodel of bathroom

04/05/2014

Shayna W.

We were very happy with the responsiveness, price and professionalism of Benfield Remodeling. Tommy and Justin were wonderful and a joy to have around. They were friendly, courteous and went above and beyond just the standard work. They had extra trim from another job they brought to us that matched our cabinets and offered to do things to help make it look so much better that we would not have thought of. We are very happy with the work. The tile looks wonderful and the back splash is perfect. Justin took the time to add an additional strip of the border tile to make it more uniform. We could not be more happy. Thank you.

Description of Work
Replaced tile floor in the kitchen, added hardware to cabinets and added new back splash.

01/29/2014

David J.

My wife and I shopped and considered numerous Kitchen Remodeling options for 6 months. Our cabinet shelves were sagging due to the original builder?s grade cabinet?s lower quality. There was no fixing it. While replacing cabinets we wanted to expand the cabinets a little, add a kitchen island and have a counter top to match throughout. By December we had considered 6 estimates. Friends had used other higher end stores and we received estimates of $16K with the minimum work less than we desired. Lowes had a price of 10K but that was still with minimum options - less than optimal. The Owner Operator of Benfield Remodeling (Dave Livingston) visited our house and gave us options, samples and things to consider 10-12 times while the established stores gave us one. Not quite ?Take it or Leave it? but not very customer oriented. A couple of the businesses we visited said they would not consider installing a kitchen island due to our kitchen space. Not a good answer. I?m the customer. In the end, Dave?s persistence and attention to detail allowed us to pick the right cabinets for our needs. We ended up with an Aristocraft Cabinet that included easy closing doors and a kitchen island (with matching granite counter top) that would allow the doors to open on both sides. A large decision point on our part was to remove the soffit (10-12 inch box around the top of the kitchen cabinets) or not. By removing the soffit, we could install larger 42 inch cabinets vice the prior 30 inch cabinets. In doing so, there were numerous pipes, wiring and ventilation that would need to be moved. That?s where the craftsmanship and know how came in. The craftsman Tommy Mohl was a treasure. Tommy could do anything: cabinets, wiring, lighting, plumbing, etc. In short, if it needed moved or fixed, Tommy could do it. We shopped for granite options at 5-6 stores. We brought many samples home for comparison. It was nice to be able to compare the counter top samples, back splash samples and cabinet samples along with our own appliances and flooring. It made a difference in our decision. After considering many granite companies, Dave Livingston recommended we look at ?In Home Stone?. He was right! In Home Stone had a great selection, full service, and a better price. In addition, ?In Home Stone? installs a higher quality (16 gauge) Stainless Steel Sink. Many stores will offer a free sink with the counter top but these sinks are 18 or 20 gauge. (Note: as in wiring, the lower gauge is better/thicker). After our base cabinets were installed, In Home Stone came out and did a laser measured template. These countertops were precise. Perfect. For the backsplash we shopped at numerous stores; however, we found what we needed at Lowe?s for a better price. We found some 4 inch square Travertine Natural Stone that was being discontinued for only $2.50 a sqft and some ¾ inch decorative tile that was 5$ for a 1 sqft sheet. Justin Chabot was brought in to install the tile. Wow! We had opted to install the 4 inch tile in a diamond orientation with ¾ inch decorative tile interspersed between the cabinets and counter top. Justin did a great job! On top of that, Tommy and Justin asked if we wanted the backsplash extended above the kitchen sink to the ceiling. We said yes. Point being, they went way above the minimum. Beautiful. Throughout the entire process Tommy pointed out options we hadn?t even thought of. Example, the extra tile, extra lighting options in the ceiling and under the cabinet lighting. Tommy seemed to care about the quality of the job and customer satisfaction more than the profit. He knows customer satisfaction is the key to a happy customer and future business opportunities. These guys all get 5 stars in our book. Our job start to finish would have taken 7-10 days; however, considering the extensive rewiring and plumbing from our decision to remove the soffits, we count ourselves very fortunate to finish in 3 weeks. These guys are good! FIVE STARS! I would definitely recommend all companies and names mentioned to my family and friends.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodeling: Cabinets, wiring, plumbing, back splash tile, kitchen island, lighting, and above stove microwave installation.

01/23/2014

Christine E.

My experience has gone very well. The staff is very attentive, professional and knowledgeable in their field. The pricing is reasonable and I have been pleased with the outcome of their services. I would recommend this company to others.

Description of Work
He came to remodel out kitchen in the past and is currently working on my roof.

Category home remodeling

Vinyl Siding, Windows & Bathroom Remodeling .

Repair Work .