Annapolis Painting Services

Founded 1980 • With Angi since September 2005

2561 Housley Rd

Annapolis, MD 21401

The #1 Painting Contractor in Annapolis, Baltimore and the District of Columbia. Over 30 years of top quality service! Annapolis Painting Services has over 75 skilled craftsmen so that we can meet the demands for the residents in the Annapolis, Baltimore and the Washington DC Metro regions. We feature the kind of professional and technical dexterity to go from one specific project to another that may be quite different, which simply indicates we have all of the seasoned experience and training you can want from a painting company. Our clients love us because we proficiently handle all painting requests, both internal and external, for a myriad of properties. No job is too large or small, and they include residential, commercial, industrial, institutional, real estate projects and more. It is all about making your property look its best, which is why we handle related tasks such as: Interior & Exterior painting, Drywall repair & installation Roofing repair & installation, Siding repair & installation, Pressure washing... Plus many more services. Choose the BEST.. Choose APS!...

11/07/2018

Scott C.

Both the power wash and staining turned out great. Not sure how to rate the price as this is the first time I've had it done. The guys doing the work were on time and worked very hard.

Description of Work
House and deck power washed, then deck stained.

Category deck cleaning,pressure washing

09/26/2018

James H.

very well, the garage floor epoxy turned out very well, and well as the drywall repair and painting

Description of Work
Painting, drywall repair, garage floor covering

Category interior painters,epoxy flooring

09/05/2018

Janet J.

Cleaning went well with 3 guys and done in one day. They called to coordinate the day to start of the staining which let us avoid a dinner party we were having. A team of 8 stained for 2 consecutive days. They left the site clean. The price was about the same as we paid a one-man company 3 years earlier and about $1k less than another quote we got for the work. We were very pleased and will have them quote any future painting we need done.

Description of Work
Clean and stain large decks

Category deck cleaning,pressure washing,house painters

10/09/2017

Robin D.

Excellent-arrived on time, did a great job-very neat

Description of Work
Interior painting

08/22/2017

imar N.

Not well. The job was sloppy, quality poor, no attention to detail and they left before the job was finished. We called the office and insisted that the VP come out and look at the poor work that was performed and asked that they send another crew that was more professional and spoke English correctly before we satisfied the bill. The second crew was professional, meticulous and pleasant. It took three weeks for the job to be completed. They were the most expensive of the quotes we received, thinking we would be better quality. After the job was over, we asked for a price concession given the amount of time and aggravation we were subjected to and they refused, essentially blaming us for insisting on quality. "They did not make any profit" was their response. No customer service. Stay away.

Description of Work
My entire house was painted, four bedrooms, 2.5 baths, living room, dining room, kitchen ceiling.

Category interior painters

We are very sorry about your experience with us. This review comes as a surprise to us, as we strive to make all of our customers happy with our work. We will reflect on this review as we continue to make sure all of our customers are satisfied with our services. If there is anything else we can do to help you with your concerns, please contact us.

05/28/2017

Glenn S.

They did a great job. One day of prep second day of paint. Great customer service

Description of Work
Exterior house painting on trim along eves and gable

Category house painters

11/16/2016

Steven L.

Annapolis Painting Services did an excellent job painting the entire exterior of my 3-story home. Their painters were professional and friendly. The exterior of my home also needed about $2,000 of carpentry work, and their carpenters completed this work very well. During the weeks after the job was done, two problems arose. Both times they promptly fixed the problems. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Paint the exterior of my home.

Category woodworking,house painters

10/17/2016

Phillip T.

Excellent! Enoch and his team were extremely professional! Attention to detail and preciseness exceeded our expectations. Would 100% hire again. Very happy with the end result.

Description of Work
Full interior painting

Category custom cabinets,interior painters

05/21/2016

Carol N.

I cannot believe that all of the write-ups on this business are good. My experience was not pleasant and the painting quality was terrible. The sales person for the company, “P”, came to my house and we discussed, in detail, exactly what I wanted done. He wrote up a proposal and quoted a price. When I reviewed the proposal, I called, and had some of the detail of what was to be done added. Work was supposed to take 3 days to complete drywall patching, nail hole fixes and painting. Day 1 – Two painters showed up – “J” and “Earring”. I had been told that if I had leftover paint cans with the colors of the walls and trim I wanted painted, I could give them to the painters and they would take them to the paint store and match the colors for the paint they were going to use. Day one was finished at 3 o’clock. When I looked around after they left I noticed problems. The living room window blind was tangled up in the cord on one side and I noticed the wall paint was on one side of the frame for the white/wooden Venetian blinds. The edging between the walls and the ceiling was wavy and not a straight edge. Where the living room wall met the stairwell wall there was mocha paint on the stairwell wall which was a fern green, and there was fern green paint brush swipes on the mocha living room wall. There was mocha paint on the white baseboard trim in the living room, which was not supposed to be getting painted. By the time I got upstairs to the bathroom I was overwhelmed. I couldn’t get in the bathroom. The painters had stored all of their things in there – ladders in the bathtub, paint cans, rollers, brushes, drop cloths. The wall cabinet had been taken down to paint, was sitting on the floor, and on the top were rags, roller holders and handles and caulk. There was no way we could use our only full bath for showering the next morning to go to work. I called the sales person “P” and told him what had happened and he came to the house. The first thing he said was “they aren’t finished yet”. I showed him all the issues I had and he said he would be here the next morning and we could discuss the issues. Day 2 - The painters showed up first and the salesman had already talked to them. The senior painter “J”, said he had taken the venetian blinds down to paint, but when he was putting them back up he got some paint on them and he would clean it off. He also stated that I had told them they could store their stuff in the upstairs bathroom. I had, but they had already shut the door and I did not see the bathroom was packed with stuff, and they had even filled the tub and we couldn’t use the shower. The sales person “P” showed up awhile later and basically tried to smooth things over. The two painters went to work. Later as I walked past the bathroom “Earring” was getting ready to paint the bathroom window and the screen was still in the window. It is an interior screen because the window winds out. I stopped and asked him to please remove the screen before he started painting because if paint got on the screen it would be difficult to remove and it could damage the screen in the process of trying to remove the paint.. He never spoke or turned around to looked at me. I started showing him how to remove the screen. He turned around and said to me “we do this all the time”. They finished at 3 o’clock and said that they were done. I looked at the blinds, the trim, the walls that a had brush stroke from the other paint color on them, and it looked fixed. Later that day I sat in the bathroom and the living room and looked around - there was white paint on the screen in the bathroom. The drywall over the shower had started to bubble out. The wood trim on the framework, wainscoting, and the bathtub wood frame had semi-gloss paint that had little lumps in it. The paint on the wood had puddled in the corners and the outside corners around the door frame had globs of paint hanging over the edge. Paint had been dripped on the shower tiles, etc. The front door had mocha paint on the side of the door frame, on a side that was not visible unless you were on that side of the living room. I started putting little pieces of blue painters tape all the bad spots. Then I called “P” to tell him what was going on. "P" came out and in addition to the spots I had found he started marking additional spots that he saw with his own roll of blue painter’s tape. “P” said that he was going to send out “E” to fix things because “E” could make even his mother-in-law happy. “E” wasn’t available to come out until – Day 5 – When “E” arrived he looked around at all the marked spots and found a few on his own. None of the nail pops on the stairwell walls had been fixed. He started to work immediately fixing nail pops, sanding and painting in the bathroom, and cleaned the window screen. I was impressed. Then he went to lunch. He was gone almost two hours because he had received a call about another job where the painters couldn’t reach a peak on a house they were painting, and he had to go there and do some work. He got back to work at my house, and then about 4pm he started packing up all his equipment. I said he could leave it until he came back on Monday, but he said he may not be able to come back on Monday because they had lined up a bunch of other jobs and he may have to go to one of those. Day 8 – “E” did not show up. After about 2 hours I called “P” who seemed surprised because he said he had seen “E” leave in the truck much earlier. He would call "E"s supervisor and call me back. The supervisor called me back and explained that “E” had come into work but that he had been sick, and had some personal problems to take care of and had to leave work. Day 10– “E” showed up and had another painter with him – a much older man that never spoke English, that I will call “O”. “E” was working up in the bathroom and “O” was downstairs working on trim (??). “O” spent most of the day running upstairs to talk to “E”. 12 o’clock came and went, and “E” and “O” never broke for lunch. So I said something to “E” and he said they were going to work straight through and leave early because they had something else to do. He also told me that the previous painters had used my old can of semi-gloss paint to paint all of the wood and that was why it looked like there was gunk in the paint. Then “O” started going upstairs more often and staying up there much longer and the conversations involved a lot of laughter. At 2 o’clock they both packed up and they left. I went around the house and saw several things that had still not been done. I was so disgusted with Annapolis Painting Services I didn't even want them in my house again. As the days went on I noted the things that needed to be done still: The attic access wood in the upstairs ceiling had been painted with ceiling paint not semi-gloss and the metal piece that holds the wood top had ceiling paint on it. The rim of the ceiling light had been taped for painting but there was still paint on the rim. None of the nail pops in the upstairs hall had been fixed. There were thick swipes of paint on the hallway wall that needed to be sanded and repainted. The back of the spigot on the bathroom sink had white semi-gloss on it. There were still paint drips on the wainscoting and the trim on top. The linen closet door had been removed. Part of that painting had been done and the door had been put back but there were big black hand prints on the inside of the door. The list goes on. I have photographs but I do not see a place to post the photographs I found out later when explaining to a friend what had happened, that this company had a terrible reputation and the owner had been charged and fined in the past for having about 45 illegal aliens working for him and had provided very crowded living quarters for them while they worked for him. They were not “professional” painters and got their training on the job. Angie’s List has a paragraph about the charges for Illegal Aliens, but it is not on the page you go to when you key in Annapolis Painting Services. You have to search on Illegal Aliens to find the information. Following is a link to the newspapers which reported this situation. Annapolis Painting Services – July 1, 2008 – Illegal Aliens [*** Link removed ***] [*** Link removed ***]

Description of Work
Replace small amount of drywall over front door, repair drywall over shower in bathroom, painting of 2 walls in the living room, a stair well, an upstairs hallway and a small bathroom.

Category drywall,interior painters

04/30/2016

beverly C.

They send two guys, hard to understand when done left it was Friday, hurry to go. Called office left message no one ever called back. But knew I was going to get price to get rest of house painted so just waited. On 4/6/2016. Patrick gave price for rest of house and said he would have guys fix and touch up where other painters missed. He was very nice! But got 4 other prices for same job. Call left message for him to call letting lady in office know I could not afford price he gave me, but would like to have bathroom touch up. Never call me. Try again talked to girl in office told her one of worst jobs I had she was very nice, said someone would call & make right. No One called !!! Bathroom still can see where medicine cabinet replace Forgot to paint around door frame Bedroom sills sloppy, electric sockets etc sloppy

Description of Work
paint bed room & bathroom

Capital Cabinet Refacing

At Capital Cabinet Refacing, we have provided expert kitchen and bath cabinet refacing services for over 30 years in Maryland, DC, and Virginia. Whether you need to reface the cabinets in your bathroom, kitchen, or any other room in your home, we have the skills and expertise necessary to make sure project is a complete success.

Offers by Capital Cabinet Refacing on Angi
    Worldwide Waterproofing & Foundation Repair

Worldwide Waterproofing & Foundation Repair is a woman and family-owned/operated business leading the basement waterproofing industry for the Baltimore/Washington Metropolitan area. Our company has over 25 years experience producing satisfied customers. For more information, you can review our other websites at www.marylandegress.com Financing available. About Us Worldwide Waterproofing and Foundation Repair Inc. provides waterproofing, egress windows, foundation repairs, and mold remediation services to the Pasadena, MD area. Serving Maryland, Washington, D.C., and Northern Virginia. Basement waterproofing Downspout drainage Egress window Epoxy injections Foundation repairs Grading Mold remediation Mold removal Sump pump installation Yard drainage

Cabinet Restoration Company LLC

The Cabinet Restoration Company is your cabinetry expert specializing in the restoration of kitchen cabinetry. It is our commitment to provide the highest level of customer service and quality to our clientele. Our highly skilled staff of craftsman have over 22 years of experience each and use only the highest quality solid wood products. This allows us to provide our customers with results that are guaranteed to be beautiful, durable, and affordable. "Our job is not done until you are completely satisfied!" The Cabinet Restoration Company can balance budget and artistry to meet your individual needs.

Offers by Cabinet Restoration Company LLC on Angi

Visa, MasterCard, Check, Discover

Exterior, interior, house, roof and cabinet painting, drywall and plaster repair & duraplex, minor repairs, carpentry, plaster, siding (including James Hardie), waterproofing, power washing, drywall repair, gutter cleaning, cabinet refinishing & deck restoration.