Advanced Green Home Solutions

Founded 2014 • With Angi since May 2015

ANNAPOLIS, MD -- Award-Winning BGE and Pepco Certified Energy Efficiency Contractor and a State of Maryland MBE certified Woman-Owned Business. We perform home energy audits and provide utility rebates for insulation/air sealing/weatherization to qualified homeowners. Unlike many contractors, we

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated

home energy audit (37)insulation (36)general contractors (12)handyman (10)woodworking (8)drywall (7)interior painting (2)ceiling fan installation (2)basement remodeling (1)masonry (1)

11/07/2022

Steve W.

I highly recommend Advanced Green Home Solutions. They provided a detailed and informative home energy assessment, performed the implementation of findings efficiently and professionally, and were very accommodating with schedule when I had to have some knob and tube wiring replaced. Loved working with them and consider their service to be of high value.

Description of Work
Seal and insulate attic and knee walls in 100 year old home

Category insulation

Thank you for your 5 star review! We appreciate having you as a customer and have enjoyed working with you.

10/31/2022

Zalika M.

David was super professional and knowledgeable about the work he was performing. He came in with this smile and confidence that made me feel comfortable that I hired the right person for the job. I had a lot of questions and he was able to answer them, if he didn’t know it he definitely found out. I would definitely recommend David to anyone and call him out to come out again if needed.

Description of Work
Energy audit

Category contractors, energy audit

Work Completed On 10/31/2022

Thank you very much! We appreciate having you as a customer and are glad that David could assist you.

10/31/2022

Marcus S.

Stephen was prompt and professional! He performed an audit of my home's energy, checked the hvac, appliances, insulation in the attic and even provided free LED bulbs and water saving shower head. Would highly recommend this service.

Description of Work
Energy Assessment

Work Completed On 10/31/2022

Thank you for your great review! We appreciate having you as a customer.

10/07/2022

Jennifer S.

Steven, the technician was beyond exceptional! His warm personality made it easy to ask an endless amount of questions, in order to fully understand the audit process. Steven was very knowledgeable about the audit process and offered additional services to help support our home/future needs. He provided several recommendations based on his expertise and went above and beyond to make sure we had the requested lighting. Safe COVID precautions were taken during his visit. Our home received several energy saving upgrades that will last several years. We’ll continue to use the company for future needs and would recommend to family and friends. Thanks again for your great service!

Description of Work
Initial Audit

Work Completed On 10/06/2022

Thank you for your wonderful review and we were honored to assist you!

10/25/2021

Cinthea G.

I received a free energy inspection from Advanced green home solutions. Their tech (Lou) was very informative & thorough explaining how much energy we were wasting and ways to save. We were also pleased with the lighting and showerhead he installed also. Very great service. Thank you Lou & Advanced Green Home Solutions. 5 stars

Description of Work
Energy inspection

Category contractors, energy audit

Work Completed On 10/25/2021

Thank you for your 5 star review, and we are very glad that our services assisted you!

10/25/2021

Austin G.

I received a Quick Home Energy Check up from Advanced. Lou was the technician, he installed free LED lighting & explained all of BGE's energy saving programs. An energy report was provided also that educated us on other ways to save. Great service, Great company. Thank you Advanced!

Description of Work
installed bulbs and showerheads great work so fast!

Category contractors

Work Completed On 10/25/2021

Thank you for your great review of our services, and we so glad that it helped you! Thanks for your referrals too.

10/20/2021

Michael W.

The teams of installers were very competent and professional. They were punctual and took time to explain and answer all questions about the work. When we ran into an unexpetced problem with a bee nest in the crawlspace, they worked to resolve it and came back to finish the job promptly. The front office staff and owner were efficient and responsive throughout the process. It went expremely well.

Description of Work
Attic and crawlspace insulation and special exhaust fan

Work Completed On 10/20/2021

Review for Advanced Green Home Solutions - 1125 West Street, Suite 421, Annapolis, MD - 39515406

Thank you for your wonderful review. We appreciated your partnership and enjoyed working with you!

10/26/2020

Gage N.

Went very well. Installer was very knowledgeable and kind. Work was done quickly and cleaned up all areas where they worked.

Description of Work
New lights, weatherproofing

Work Completed On 10/26/2020

Thank you for your excellent review, and we appreciate having you as a customer! Kathleen, Owner

10/26/2020

Jordan L.

Cannot recommend this company enough. They were professional and extremely courteous when it came to providing a home energy performance test in my house. They wore masks, and explained every portion of what they were doing throughout my home. I was really impressed with their attention to detail, as they really listened to my concerns about the fluctuating temperatures in my master bedroom. They found out that air was pouring in through our attic and helped insulate the area to keep our temperature stable. AGHS saved me money on my electric bills and improved our overall comfort in our house. Thank you!!

Description of Work
A home energy audit

Category energy audit

Work Completed On 10/09/2020

Thank you for your excellent review, and we appreciate having you as a customer. Enjoy your energy efficient and comfortable home! Kathleen, Owner

01/13/2020

Stephen C.

The auditor who first came to our house was extremely diligent and she spent about thirty minutes with me at the end, explaining the energy efficiency problems with our house and what could be done to fix them. And the staff who came out a few days later to make our house energy efficient were outstanding. They were friendly and professional and they cleaned up when the job was completed. And when I didn't make my intentions clear and there was a problem, they returned and fixed the problem at considerable expense, and they didn't charge me an extra dime. Who does that? And on top of all that, we got a considerable rebate for the job from BGE, and AGHS dealt with the rebate, leaving us to just pay the upfront costs. I can't say enough about this company. You would be wise to let them make your house warmer in winter, colder in summer, and save you money in the bargain.

Description of Work
Making my entire house energy efficient

Work Completed On 01/03/2020

Thanks for your review, and we are so happy you were pleased with our team and our services. Enjoy your more efficient and comfortable home, and stay in touch with us!

11/02/2019

James O.

Overall our experience with the staff at Advanced Green Home Solutions was excellent. Everyone from Kyle, Jen, Ricky, and the rest of the crew made our project go as smooth as you would hope a contracting experience would go. From Kyle's energy audit, to Jen's scheduling of the services, to the day that Ricky and the crew arrived to do the installation everything was extremely professional and efficient. The audit report we received detailed all the areas where our home had insulation issue. Additionally, the report laid out proposed solutions to those problems and included the costing savings and potential rebates available which made the decision process of deciding which options to go with very easy. On the day of the installation Ricky and crew arrived within the timeframe that Jen had scheduled them to and began work immediately laying down tarps and covering their work areas. After the crew was finished in a given area of the home they cleaned and vacuumed where they worked before moving on to the next area. Once everything was done that day Kyle came back and perform the final testing along with walking me through the next steps in the rebate process. Since the work was performed both me an my wife have noticed the overall comfort of our house has improved dramatically. Our home was built in the 80's with a heat pump HVAC system that struggles to keep the home comfortable. We have suffered through a few winters where the HVAC system could not keep the house warm at all and summers where the 2nd floor was unbearably hot along with high electric bills. I wanted to wait until we had a few cool nights before writing my review of the work done to see if the comfort in our house has improved based on the insulation work performed. I can attest that the work performed addressed all the areas were we had discomfort; the kitchen overtop the crawlspace, bedrooms that had overhangs, and basement. Our home is now able to keep the temperature we set it at with the heat pump only running sparingly instead of going non-stop. We are extremely pleased with the overall experience and services received from Advanced Green Home Solutions and have already recommended them to a few of our neighbors.

Description of Work
Energy Audit, Air Sealing, and Insulation

Work Completed On 10/29/2019

Thank you for your great review, and we were honored to partner with you to achieve a more comfortable and efficient home for you and your wife. Thanks also for your referrals to your neighbors!

10/25/2019

David H.

Went great. They tested the house, made the recommendations, and got it all done in a day. Amazing. My attic leaked like a sieve and the basement was just as bad. Air was just streaming in... the attic would be 15-20 degrees hotter than the main floor in the summer, and it was freezing in the winter. Now the attic and basement are the same temp as the main floor. It’s a miracle! I’m super happy b

Description of Work
Sealing the attic, and basement for energy efficiency.

Work Completed On 08/29/2019

Review for Advanced Green Home Solutions - 1125 West Street, Suite 421, Annapolis, MD - 38194612

Thank you, and we are thrilled with your results! Enjoy your energy efficient and comfortable home. We appreciate your partnership very much.

10/24/2019

ANUJ C.

Advanced Green Home Solutions did great job. I would recommend it to anyone.

Description of Work
attic insulation

Work Completed On 10/07/2019

Thanks for your great review, and it was wonderful to partner with you to improve the energy efficiency and overall comfort of your home.

02/17/2019

Juan D.

Great. a 14% increase on a relatively new home. The crew was professional from first contact through job completion. Estimate questions were answered quickly an easily. The work was done efficiently and the results were as promised.

Description of Work
Increase energy efficiency of home

Work Completed On 02/06/2019

Thank you very much, and it was a pleasure to service your home and to meet the two of you! Enjoy your comfortable home this winter and summer.

07/18/2018

Margaret C.

We hired Advanced Green Home Solutions to perform a household energy audit this past March. We had moved in within the last year and noticed a lot of cold air coming in the house. Our energy bill was over the moon. BGE and the state of MD will only offer energy rebates thru certain MD companies, and I went through the list with great care. This company had only very good reviews, and a comprehensive explanation on their website of exactly what they strive to achieve. The young man who performed the Home Energy Audit, Josue Rodriguez, was great about explaining things and even came back on a weekend to deliver the correct kind of light bulbs to fit our fixtures. He was thorough in his evaluation, although we did have to wait a few weeks for the final report and proposal. ( I should say that we also did not respond back very quickly due to travel obligations and other happenings.) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The crew, Angel, Fernando (hope I'm remembering their names correctly), Ricky, & Josue, worked very hard to get our project completed in a professional and timely fashion. We have a large and complicated house so it was a great deal of work. There was an issue with the ventilation fan not working properly, and Rickey came out to fix it in a few days. The switch had to be replaced; now it is working correctly -- there was no problem with the fan itself. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- We have definitely noticed a difference in household comfort since our air sealing/insulation project performed by Advanced Green Home Solutions on May 30, 31, & June 1. The air quality is noticeably better, with no more funky smells coming from the crawl space now that it has been encapsulated. The upper rooms are not oppressively hot on really hot days. We are looking forward to testing this further as the summer heat intensifies. So far, our electric bill has dropped considerably, and I will continue to track this.

Description of Work
Household Energy Audit, Attic Insulation, Crawl Space Encapsulation

Category insulation, ceiling fans, energy audit

Work Completed On 05/30/2018

Thank you very much and we truly enjoyed working with the two of you! Enjoy your comfortable home.

05/21/2018

Ted P.

Excellent work adding insulation and air sealing the basement and roof line. The air leakage from the house was significantly reduced, resulting in the temperature in the house being much more stable. House holds heat and AC much better, both run less often. I contacted Advanced Green Home Solutions through a Pepco energy program and final results were better than expected, resulting in an even higher rebate.

Description of Work
Weatherization, Insulation and Air Sealing

Work Completed On 03/17/2018

Thank you and we appreciate the positive feedback! We enjoyed working with you. You will have much more comfortable summers and winters in your beautiful home too!

03/03/2018

Humberto C.

We were so impressed by this company. They were originally hired to do a home energy audit through BGE, and we liked them so then hired them to do the recommended work of attic insulation, air sealing attic and skylights, and adding insulation to the rim joists in our basement. I cannot recommend them enough - we worked primarily with Rafael to coordinate the work and he was extremely communicative and responsive. He responded faster to all of my emails than my coworkers ever do. The whole process was very smooth, Rafael answered all questions and took the time for a longer phone call to go over details with me before proceeding. The team that did the work was very friendly and professional, great to work with. Their work was also excellent and we noticed an immediate difference in our home. Our energy bill has been lower, and we can tell the heat system is not working as hard. We did have one small item we asked the team to follow up on and they did so very promptly. Bonus points for being great with our pets while doing the work. Paperwork was easy and we received copies of everything via email.

Description of Work
Home energy audit, insulation, air sealing

Work Completed On 12/21/2017

Thank you and we appreciate your great note! You were a wonderful customer. Enjoy your comfortable home!

01/24/2017

Augie P.

Kathy and her team were very pleasant to work with, kept the house clean while and after they worked, returned as needed to ensure the job was completed as contracted. Professional operation.

Description of Work
Air sealed basement rim joists, attic penetrations, other air penetrations discovered with a whole door blower/fan test.

Work Completed On 01/23/2017

Thanks for your review and we appreciated the opportunity to work on your home!

12/30/2016

Patrick F.

From the very beginning of the project it was clear these guys are professionals and take pride in their work. Following an on-site inspection they prepared a detailed estimate of the work required to correct insulation deficiencies in our 2000 sf attic space and bring us into compliance with current home air quality standards. They also advised on actions necessary to qualify for a significant tax credit which they applied directly to the estimated costs UP FRONT, thereby passing the savings to us immediately. The team arrived on time and all work was completed efficiently, professionally and per the cost estimate...no surprises. The team also identified numerous ventilation deficiencies with the original home construction and corrected them on the spot. They are easily the most professional team we're ever employed to work on our home and we've had many over the years. Best of all, the cost was less than half of other estimates we've received from other companies for the same scope of work!! Since the job, our home has been noticeably warmer and more comfortable with the heat pump running far less than before. We absolutely recommend Advanced Green Home Solutions...they are truly outstanding!

Description of Work
We contracted Advanced Green Home Solutions to reduce our extremely high electricity bills in the winter months. They performed a combination of energy efficiency auditing, insulation and carpentry to reduce our improve ventilation and air quality throughout our home.

Category drywall, handyman service, insulation, remodeling, woodworking, energy audit

Work Completed On 12/20/2016

Thank you for your wonderful review and it was a pleasure to work with you! Enjoy your heathy and comfortable home! Feel free to call on us any time.

11/30/2016

Alfred D.

This team was extremely professional from the customer service on the phone, follow ups and the actual work. Everyone I've encountered with this company has been very professional, open, welcoming and just overall pleasant. I would definitely hire them for future projects and refer them to anyone in need of the services the provide.

Description of Work
I got my ceiling insulated. They also took it upon themselves to clog a few holes and gaps that was not included in the contract.

Category contractors, insulation, energy audit

Work Completed On 11/30/2016

Thank you and it was a pleasure to work on your home!

11/20/2016

Mindy A.

Excellent choice for our projects! Prompt, responsive, professional, knowledgeable, neat, respectful, personable AND reasonably priced. Kathleen Nieberding of Advanced Green Home Solutions acted as contractor. She was very professional and responsive via phone and email. She is a very clear communicator so no ambiguity about when, where, how and whom. I felt an immediate confidence in her organization and system from our first phone call which stayed in place throughout the job. She referred us to an HVAC Company who did the above duct work to a degree it had never been done. Her three direct reports were some of the best contractors we have ever worked with. Bill did the initial energy audit with knowledge, humor and no pressure as to which recommendations we would or could do. He checked in during the project despite a personal loss, to see things were going well and will return to do the final efficiency upgrade test...no payment is asked for until the job is complete. We were also given great financing terms that suited our budget perfectly. Kendrick and Rich tag-teamed the insulating and air sealing. The spaces they had to work in and the condition of those spaces (squeezed onto a sandstone ledge, face inches from belly of the house in a 1930's hand dug cellar for instance) would have made a saint grumpy. These two took it in stride, stayed pleasant and positive. They were quiet, thoughtful and neat. The house was remarkably clean when they finished. If there was a delay for any reason (Utility trucks blocking access to our street for an hour) Kathleen was available and responsive, quick to shift the schedule and finish our job the next morning. We're still rather stunned by the positive painless experience! We will go to Kathleen first with any energy efficiency needs, insulation needs (I think they got them all) and general remodeling needs. We have always found that finding a trusted contractor is nearly as difficult a stumbling block as finding the money to pay for it. We found the contractor!

Description of Work
• Air seal all holes and gaps to meet needed BPI standard to reduce leakage. • Air seal storage wall penetrations. • Air seal electrical and plumbing fixtures. • Air seal penetrations in crawl space and rim joist. • Repair insulation in storage walls - 105sf. • Install needed insulation R-13, 3.5 inches fiberglass batt insulation -105sf. • Install insulation in one cavity on each slope R-32, 10 inches dense pack cellulose, by entering from the outside under select asphalt shingles. • Insulate rim joist. Add R-19, 6 inches fiberglass batt insulation. • Insulate crawl space ceiling. Add R-30, 10 inches fiberglass batt insulation where accessible. • Test with blower door for effectiveness of work performed. Also worked with recommended HVAC company to: Lift Furnace and place in pan Clean Furnace Remove all ducts, clean, reseal and re insulate Clean Heat Pump

Category insulation, remodeling, energy audit

Work Completed On 11/18/2016

Thank you for your glowing review! It was a joy to work with you on your home.

11/01/2016

Lauren V.

Very prompt, professional and thorough service. Great value. Would definitely use again in the future.

Description of Work
Air sealing and insulation in both the attic and basement as well as installed an attic access hatch

Category contractors, drywall, insulation, woodworking, energy audit

Work Completed On 11/01/2016

Thank you for your review and we enjoyed working on your beautiful home! We look forward to partnering with you again for any home repair needs.