Authentic Painting, LLC

Founded 2012 • With Angi since November 2013

503 Nanticoke Ct

Abingdon, MD 21009

At Authentic Painting, LLC we pride ourselves on being professional, neat, and reliable. With over 20 years of experience, Authentic Painting is a Residential Specialist. From Our Prep Work, to Our Detailed Finish Painting, You will Not be Disappointed. We are 100% Worry Free.

10/20/2020

Sylvia S.

Joe and Lou are the best! They care about every detail. They are are so trustworthy and dependable. Joe responded promptly to all my questions from providing the estimate, to the desired paint colors and sheen for each surface, to the final clean-up. The work area was always neat and organized. I could have looked for 100 years and never found a better painter. I will certainly want to hire Authentic Painting again in the future.

Description of Work
Painted Living Room, Dining Room, and Hall plus 2 large window frames and baseboard radiators

09/21/2020

John A.

Authentic Painting was/is AWESOME! On some short notice they painted the foyer, a complicated living room, kitchen walls & bottom cabinets, a wooden vanity, an unexpected bedroom, power washed & stained a small deck and an unexpected ceiling. In addition, Joe repaired 2 cracks at joints in the interior ceiling and was a true artisan with stucco plaster. Afterward we honestly could not tell exactly where the work was done. Joe & Lou are terrific. They’re neat, do the job right, and work until they’re done to meet deadlines. And all for what we felt was a reasonable price. They proved themselves to be Professional, Neat & Reliable in delivering the Highest Quality work. Our Highest Recommendation!

Description of Work
We needed interior painting and deck staining to be done to ready a condominium for sale.

12/10/2019

Joseph D.

Professional, courteous and skillful. Will hire Authentic for all future painting needs!

Description of Work
Interior Painting

05/16/2019

Sue S.

We worked with Joe, from the first contact, to the finished product Joe was the ultimate professional. Joe was wonderful to work with, we love our living room and we are hiring his company for another project. I would not hesitate to recommend Authentic Painting to anyone!

Description of Work
Living room, hallways both up and down the stairs painted

01/15/2019

Arie M.

Joe's work was superb. He is an artist with a paintbrush. He labors over the work he is doing until he is thoroughly satisfied that it meets the highest standards of excellence. Remembering what it looked like before, my wife and I marvel at what it looks like now! I surely wish we had hired him much earlier. Joe was a personable, friendly guy who loves talking sports like me, and we enjoyed having working in our house. I would hire him again in a minute!

Description of Work
Repaired basement drywall and painted bedroom, bathroom & hallway

12/22/2018

Gregory W.

Extremely well. I had used Joe earlier this year for a ceiling drywall repair and painting and was very satisfied with the work. When my son's family moved out of the townhouse, the while thing needed repainting before re-renting. Joe did a great job, including some minor drywall repair. He is always pleasant, professional, and conscientious. The whole place looks great. I highly recommend Joe and Authentic Painting.

Description of Work
Painting of entire empty 3 bedroom townhouse with finished basement.

09/06/2018

Kelly W.

Joe and Bob were excellent. They gave us a good quote, and worked within our timeframe. They got the job done very efficiently. Very nice guys, and fun to have around the house! We would love to hire them for our kitchen and living room. Would highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Interior painting (Hallways and two bedrooms) including closets and doors

08/24/2018

charles P.

Joe was extremely professional and very personable. Our bathroom was small and hard to move around in with lots of white trim work and blue walls. The edges and trim work are perfect and it turned out great! I would recommend him to everyone.

Description of Work
Bathroom and outside shutters

08/01/2018

Scott A.

Had Joe come out to provide an estimate. He arrived on time and provided his estimate within 1 day of coming out. Hired him for the work and he was able to squeeze me in within just a couple business days. He arrived on time and was extremely detailed, neat, and did a wonderful job! I would highly recommend this company and will definitely be hiring them again the future.

Description of Work
Painting basement and bedroom

05/15/2018

roger H.

I met 1 of the 2 Authentic Painting partners: Joe, and received a timely estimate for the painting and repair work that needed to be completed in my home. Joe arrived promptly every day and was very courteous and pleasant. He always ensured the work area was clean and neat, covering all areas to avoid paint splatter or drips. He also ensured the work area was cleaned up at the end of every work day. I have been so pleased with the quality of Authentic Painting's work that I have recommended the company to my friends and family. There was no detail with which my wife and I were left with less than full satisfaction for the quality of workmanship we received. We have requested an estimate for our next project and have full confidence in Authentic Painting's ability to accomplish any task for which they may be engaged.

Description of Work
The master bath and kitchen ceiling needed to be repaired and painted.

08/30/2017

MEGAN & MARIO D.

Joe came to see the job and one week later I left a message for him asking about an estimate. He then left a voice mail for me saying the co-owner was on vacation and never sent one to me. Joe asked me to call him to discuss a price and I returned his call requesting that he call back with the amount or send a proposal by e-mail. I never heard from him or anyone else in the company. Perhaps they are all on vacation.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

07/17/2017

Diane K.

Joe and Bob did a fabulous job. They arrived on time. The were very neat and extremely meticulous about their work. We were so pleased with their work, we had them come back to paint our family room. We would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Living room, stairway and trim painting

04/12/2017

Felicia L.

Beautiful job! I could not be happier with the new looks of the bedrooms.

Description of Work
I had 3 bedrooms painted and they look fantastic. Painters were on time and worked thoroughly until the job was done. I will definitely hire again.

04/11/2017

Dorothy J.

This painter, Joe, was incredibly precise with his painting, prep work and finish details. He and Bob were wonderful to work with and I would highly recommend Authentic Painting. Joe was on time each day and finished in three days. I will call them again for all painting jobs. Customer satisfaction is very important to Authentic Paintiing. Thanks again to Joe and Bob!

Description of Work
I had a natural wood bookcase/mantel painted white with navy blue paint on the back walls of the shelving.

03/05/2017

Dave E.

Joe did a phenomenal job! We had a few cracks in the walls and a water stain on the ceiling and he patched up everything so that the surface was perfect. Joe took pride in his work and it showed...all the edges of the trim and walls and ceilings were perfectly straight. We had two red walls that he needed to cover with a light khaki color and he made sure the new paint covered it completely. His attention to detail was fantastic.

Description of Work
Joe painted our master bedroom and bathroom walls and vaulted ceilings.

02/13/2017

Chris S.

Great! Joe was courteous and professional, yet very personable. He made sure we were happy with each room as he moved through the house and between coats2500. He went out of his way to make sure we got the colors we wanted. He also helped us clean up some rooms we DIY'd. We had a plumbing leak in our ceiling. Joe was able to hang, patch, and paint almost a third of our ceiling, around a ceiling fan to make things as difficult as possible... it looks flawless, you would never know there was any work done. We will absolutely be calling Joe again when we work on the rest of the house. We have referred him with confidence!

Description of Work
Painted 5 rooms with accent walls and entire finished basement, and hung drywall.

02/07/2017

Barbara R.

We are more than pleased with the job that Joe from Authentic Painting did in our home. His work was done in a very professional manner, clean, neat and precise. Joe himself was a pleasure to work with, very polite and friendly. We would recommend him to all our friends who need painting done and will definitely use him for any future painting needs we have.

Description of Work
Repairing walls and painting walls and trim

07/22/2016

David E.

Vendor arrived within 15-min. of promised time for estimate. Vendor never responded with estimate. Work went to 2 other vendors, one from Angie's List and one from another source.

Description of Work
Paint 1 room and/or a hallway. Seeking estimates separately.

05/26/2016

saundra S.

Joe came out to my house to look at the job one evening. We had a 530 appointment and he showed up 10 minutes early. Wow! He was extremely helpful and knowledgable and pointed out issues that I never even realized existed. More importantly he offered solutions at what I felt was a very fair price. Once we agreed on that price he gave me a timeframe for completion of the job. The job was not only completed on time but it was completed to perfection. I am absolutely thrilled with the quality of the work!!!! I would highly recommend Authentic Painting to anyone!

Description of Work
Repair all imperfections tape lines, dents, marks, etc with spackle. Paint very large garage 36'x 24'x 14' using high quality S/W products. Also painted all window trim, moldings, and door.

Category house painters, interior painters

05/19/2016

Shelley A.

I had an appointment set up for an estimate to paint the entire interior of my home. It was scheduled for 5:30 and several hours before re-scheduled to 6:30. A NO SHOW, the next morning there was a message on my work phone that he was unable to find my address in his GPS. I specifically chose companies in my community. This is my first experience on Angies List, very disappointing.

Description of Work
didn't show up

Category interior painters

[Member Name Removed], I'm sorry that your experience was poor. I spoke to Joe about this incident, he is the one who was supposed to meet you. Joe was not able to locate your address on GPS, no big deal it happens all the time. When he called to try to get directions, all you gave him was a work number, and it was after work hours. He sat waiting for a call back from you for an hour in the Dicks Sporting Goods in Bel Air thinking that maybe you would call him since he did not show. Not many other contractors would do that for sure. I think that Joe handled this correctly. Joe even tried calling you the next day to rectify the situation and did not get a call back from you. This is a 2 man company, we take pride in our work and our ratings, which you will see are all A's. Please consider withdrawing your review. If you would like to speak to me, my number is 410-652-2682. -Bob Winter Owner Authentic Painting.

06/24/2015

Martha A.

Every night they had all their supplies organized, and the work space was cleaned up every day, there was no spackling on the floor you couldn't even see any of the dust. They marked all the paint when they were done so we knew which room it was applied to and left us all the extra paint. They really were excellent, especially Joe. He was wonderful to work with. Both of them were very polite very professional. We worked a lot with Joe, and he was phenomenal. They were very meticulous, we didn't have one complaint at all. They had nice personalities. They didn't mind having my husband there in the condo doing other work while they painted. We didn't have any complaints at all.

Description of Work
Painted 2 bedrooms, living room, dining room, kitchen and two bathrooms. Did numerous patching jobs including spackling, fixed cracks, holes from nails etc. One wall was completely covered in glitter, they sanded the wall down and it came out beautifully, I never thought they'd be able to do it. They made recommendations for paint color as well as the brand of paint to buy. They painted the ceilings as well as the walls. They painted all the crown molding as well as the other molding.

05/26/2015

K L V.

After trying our hand at painting trim/shelving for the first time ever (and failing horribly), we hired Authentic Painting to help. We'd probably done more harm than good with our own efforts. We used the wrong paint, had peeling issues and bleed-through (after 3 coats!). Not only did Bob respond in a timely manner via phone but he came out quickly to give us a quote. Joe came out to paint 4 days later and did a WONDERFUL job! He corrected our horrible paint job and made it look beautiful. He was quick, efficient, friendly, and went above and beyond what we expected. We will DEFINITELY be calling Bob & Joe at Authentic Painting again for our next painting job! I HIGHLY recommend them!

Description of Work
Interior painting of: baseboard, chair rail, shelving, door and window frames, closet and bedroom door.

03/10/2015

Paula P.

,There were two painters, they stated it would take one week and the job was completed in one wk. they arrived on time everyday and was very polite and professional. The only reason why I did not give them straight A's is because there are a few areas where the paint dripped. However I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
painted our entire downstairs, including a powder room.

11/22/2014

Kimberly L.

Joe was here every day, stayed focused, was very professional and cleaned up each day when he was finished. I was able to leave the house and felt completely comfortable with him staying alone. One thing I really liked was when he went to have the paint mixed at the store, he wasn't quite satisfied with the color, thinking it wasn't what I was looking for. Instead of just using it, he had me check and he was right, it wasn't what I expected. He stayed at the paint store as long as it took to get me the color I really wanted. A major crisis was averted thanks to his attentiveness. He did an excellent job and I am lining him up to do the second floor next.

Description of Work
Painted ceilings, walls, trim, doors, crown molding (caulked as well) in living room, dining room, kitchen

09/26/2014

Diana F.

One of the best painters I have ever dealt with. Prompt with the estimate, scheduling and completion. The paint job was excellent. I would put Bob and authentic painting at the top of your list

Description of Work
patched and painted a 20 foot ceiling

DMV Pro Services

WE offer Senior, Teachers, Military and First Responders discounts! ONE-STOP- SHOP, with over 15 years of professional experience covering all your home improvement needs. Our specialties include: Bathroom and Kitchen Remodel, Home Renovations, Interior and exterior Painting, Decks, Gutter Installation, Home Repairs and Carpet and Flooring Installation. Our quotes are ALWAYS FREE! We are licensed and insured to deliver superior service. We guarantee great quality results on all projects offering fair and competitive prices. We take great pride in pleasing our customers! Give us a call today, we look forward to serving you!

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Sheldon & Sons Inc

In 1972 we started Sheldon & Sons as a small family run business. For over 40 years we have evolved into a full service painting contractor. Each step of the way we have worked hard to build a top notch reputation based on quality workmanship and attention to detail. Today Sheldon & Sons employees 12 work crews consisting of long time employees and family members. We have the expertise to perform jobs of all types and sizes, but pride ourselves on the personal attention that comes from a family owned business.

Perfect Painters

We are a family owned and operated business. We can take care of all your interior & exterior painting needs. We also do flooring and general home renovations. We'd love to provide you with a free quote.

11/16/2021
    Check, PayPal

We offer a wide range of painting services. They include interior painting, wallpaper removal, and exterior painting/staining. In some cases we do power-wash decks and/or patios before painting/staining.

We do not stain/polyurethane hardwood floors or furniture and we do not power wash houses.