Advance Moisture Protection Inc

Founded 1981 • With Angi since September 2005

4.1

1103 Culloden Ct

Abingdon, MD 21009

16 employees. Uses subs. Cost determined by the job. No travel charges. Ask about an Angie's List discount. Additional phones - (410)327-2995, (443)866-8575, (888)304-7663, Additional fax - (410) 676-6325. Additional contact name - Krystal Walker. Additional DBAs - Advance Roofing, Inc, Advance

05/08/2020

Marcus P.

I spent nearly 15k with this outfit and was satisfied with the work after the gutter system was turned the wrong way and brought water into my house. Fortunately, being a builder I was able to correct the problem before it damaged a wood floor. I later engaged the firm to fix a leak that I found in my place of business and tighten up the roof from further leaks warranted for a year. The roof began to leak and I inquired about the extent of the warranty with the office manager who explained that the warranty did not cover the current leakage. I asked to speak to the owner, Mr. Timothy Nichols, who immediately got on the phone, without allowing me to speak unleashed a tirade of profanities accusing me of being a "F" liar, and invited me to meet him at his office apparently to settle this physically. I took this man to be Christian and at least an honorable man and this behavior was appalling and humiliating to me. His literature boast of doing work for 375 churches and his rhetoric similarly boast of his piousness. If he is representative of the ethics of this company, I would be careful.

Description of Work
Roofing work on business and home

03/22/2016

RICHARD L.

I am well satisfied, and would recommend their services.

Description of Work
Advance Moisture Protection provided roofing services on my home. I found Mr Nickels and his staff very cooperative and considerate in the preparatory phase and the actual reroofing. Roof was completely stripped, new sheathing installed where needed, new base sheet, ridge vent and shingles installed. I am pleased with their work.

03/17/2015

LINDA M.

The service went fine. A couple technicians came out for the job. They advertised for so many square feet and I asked them if they could also do the back of the house. They had to check with a supervisor and were happy to do that for me after checking. I had no problem scheduling the deal.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal for a gutter cleaning and roof inspection.

01/27/2015

Robert B.

They had told me that they would not do the work because I had gutter caps on. They said they would have to remove the caps and then clean the gutters if there was anything in them.

Description of Work
Did not do the work.

Category gutter repair, roofing

10/12/2014

Cindy B.

Was great service. Planning to use again!

Description of Work
Cleaned the gutters. Was very neat and had a great, helpful attitude. Loved our doggy too!

07/09/2014

Gwen B.

We weren't able to meet or arrange a time for service. Money refunded.

Description of Work
Clean gutters

04/01/2014

Judith W.

EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT - WOULD LIKE TO INSIST THAT ADVANCE MOISTURE PROTECTION, INC. BE PLACED ON THE HONOR ROLL LIST! Mr. Nickels went outside the call of duty to make sure the quality of work and materials were far superior than the average companies in Maryland. He suggested additional needed services at discounted prices - to which we couldn't refuse. He was most willing to provide us with complete customer service and satisfaction, at any time. When calling Advance Moisture Protection, Inc., Mr. Nickels and/or Krystal (his assistant) would pick-up the phone on the first ring - this was most impressive. This company highly values its customers by going over the top to satisfy them (us) - job well done!

Description of Work
Provided the following (Do's) PART 1 1.1 New Garage Roof Detail of approximately 300 sq. ft.: Remove the old Garage Roof and wood decking. 1.2 Replace up to (2) 2 x 6 Rafters. Note: Any additional will be $95.00 per. 1.3 Apply (2) Layer of 7/16 OSB Board fastened to the 2 x 6 Rafters. 1.4 Install a 2 x 6 Pressure Treated Fascia Plate to the Front of the Garage Detail 1.5 Clad Apply a 7/16 OSB Board to all (3) Parapets glued and Mechanically attached. 1.6 Apply A Mechanically attached 60 Mil White TPO Membrane to all Horizontal Surfaces. 1.7 Fully adhere a 60 Mil TPO Membrane to all Vertical Parapet Details. 1.8 Wrap the fascia Board with White .019 Coil Stock. 1.9 Install a New 5” K Style White Aluminum Gutter of approximately 10ft. & a 2 x 3 Downspout with elbow at the Base of the Detail. 1.10 Final job site clean up. PART 2: (Do's) Garage Door Assembly: 2.1 Remove the old Garage Door Vertical Plates. 2.2 Install 2” New 2 by Pressure Vertical Plates Glued with Construction Adhesive and Masonry Fasteners. 2.3 Wrap Each Plate with White .019 Coil Stock. 2.4 Install (1) New Single Car Garage Door with Associated Hardware. 2.5 Final job site clean up. PART 3: (Do's) Installed Remote Control Garage Door Opener w/ Keyless Remote Pad Remote was equipped with additional features such as: battery operated, electrical switch, and key device just in case there is a power outage. All work shall be to the highest standards. More detailed specifications are available upon request

03/26/2014

Forest B.

It was part of the contingency on a home that we bought that the basement was waterproofed and they came back and touched up some things. They were very helpful. We really didn't deal with them to start with the work, but they came back and fixed everything they needed to. They were on time.

Description of Work
Advance Moisture Protection Inc. put in a French drain in the basement and some other drainage pipes in September of 2013.

Category basement waterproofing

03/17/2014

Jessica S.

Started out ok. Was a complicated project including reframing, roofing, interior work and windows. Undoubtedly, with two young kids I am a bit hard to get a hold of, but what just happened with the owner was down right RUDE. The estimate was too vague for my liking as in not specifying exactly what kind of windows would be installed, and as an attorney, I know that unless you get things down in the contract, they don't exist. The original estimate specifically states that a more detailed estimate is available upon request. The owner called me several times and I am easier to get a hold of email and responded with my questions that way. I asked for a detailed estimate so I could compare it and choose between them and two other companies. I think that is pretty reasonable. Maybe they are just a small company and can't handle this type of interaction. I called him back this morning when I had a quiet moment. Apparently ,asking pointed questions and for detailed estimates is just not their thing. He basically told me that I was wasting his time and hung up on me. Granted, it has taken a while to get everything together as we are dealing with a historic district approval, several major snow storms, insurance and young children, but professionalism is professionalism. I mirror the previous review when saying maybe this owner needs a vacation and to step back and reassess exactly how they are doing business. Otherwise, I say their price was competitive and wish them well.

Description of Work
Came to my house to give estimate and look at samples. However, was not willing to give me a detailed estimate to get the job done.

03/06/2014

Doug M.

No services were performed. I submitted for the big deal with Advanced Moisture Protection for the gutter cleaning offer. I then received a message from them via Angie's List indicating that they had canceled the offer and that I should seek a refund via Angie's list. I did so and my money has been refunded.

Description of Work
I purchased the Big Deal for $79 for Gutter Cleaning and Roof Inspection.

02/22/2014

Judith W.

He needs to go into the honour roll. My husband's garage had a really big hole in the ceiling and we had a vintage car in there. Not only did he recommend someone to take my husband's vintage car out there, but he did it at a really good price. He sent his crew to put a special material on the garage. He said it's his job to help people and he went half on the remote and half on the garage door and we have a garage door that's steel on the outside and inside. He gave us a deal we could not refuse, now what company does that? None, and he stands out! I'm a widow and he guessed that. He realised that I was a widow and did not have the expenditure. So he says "Well, I'll give you something you can't refuse", and this is what he has done. He also put in a key latch, just in case the power goes down. It's a key latch with a key and all I need to do is just pull the key latch and the door will lift up. This is what Advanced Moisture Protection Company, Timothy Nichols has done. He has also given me a deal to replace some worn slates on the house. He has bent over backwards, forward, left and right. It was outstanding "A" plus, plus service. The turn around was very quick, because I had called several companies on the list, I mean- I was just taking a stab in the dark to go with Advanced, because I had called four companies and one company didn't even bother to answer the phone. What I liked about Advanced is that they picked up on the first call. Now, that's customer service. They last came in January 2013. It was a new garage roof a new garage door, the garage opener, a keypad, the remote, back up battery, and the lock release mechanism, all this was for two thousand nine hundred and eighty five dollars, those and also a finished job site plan. I did not unlock my gate and somehow they had gotten a screw loose and I called their attention to it. They came overnight, at night to fix it.

Description of Work
Advanced Moisture Protection came in and installed a new garage door on my property.

Category doors

02/17/2014

Susan F.

The provider gave us written estimates after visiting our house promptly. His crew had to shovel a parking spot out as well as the driveway to park their truck. They were polite and did a thorough job replacing our roof. They cleaned up everything and were finished in one day. Our neighbors were impressed.

Description of Work
Replaced the roof on our house.

12/11/2013

Nancy S.

It didn't. I fault Angies's List for not getting in touch with me. When I filed a complaint, there was no response from Angie's List. Advanced Moisture did send me a message - the only reason to this day I know the deal was cancelled. Finally, I called Angie's List. After waiting 30 minutes on hold, someone answered - She knew nothing - In fact, in all my years of dealing with me chants - real and on line - I have never met with such incompetence. Finally, she said she would email me a form which I could complete and send to Angie's List - but first I should wait two days to see if she could find another vendor who would clean my gutters for the same price. That didn't happen - not that I though it would. I have not yet sent in the form but certainly will do so this week. All vendors I have engaged through Angie's List have been first rate. Advance Moisture responded immediately and appropriately to my message to AM asking what happened. However, Angie's List failed completely in its response to first the cancellation and then my complaint. . As a result, I am not giving Angie's List as a present for a family member. Accordingly, I have given Advanced Moisutre an A - but if I could grade Angie's List, I would give it an F Nancy Lark Schulze By the way, why in the world does your form require that the reviewer grade a vendor who did not perform a service.

Description of Work
They did not let me know that the special had been canceled the week it was to have started. Angie's List did NOT let me know either.

12/02/2013

Carole E.

It never happened, company w/drew offer.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal from Advance Moisture Protection.

11/24/2013

LINDA E.

Advance Moisture contacted Angie's List that they no longer wanted to do business with Angie's List as far as Big Deals. My Big Deal was purchased before AM cancelled with Angie's List which means that my contact info would have been sent to AM. They must contact me within 48 business hours purchase of a Big Deal. After buying the Big Deal AM received my information and contacted me through the message center offering to schedule the service and asking for my telephone number. I responded on the same day through the messaging center with my telephone number. Advance Moisture NEVER followed up to schedule. When I signed up for the Big Deal , I suggested the service be performed the first week of November. The third week of November I called Advance Moisture to find out when they expected to be here to perform the service. Even though Advance Moisture knew that the Big Deal had been cancelled weeks and weeks ago, and had my contact information and knew that it had represented directly to me that it was going to schedule the service, it never notified me that it had cancelled the Big Deal. I consider this a bad business practice.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal from Advance Moisture Protection Inc.

Category gutter cleaning, roofing

November 24, 2013 Angie's List Reference: The Big Deal Advance Moisture Protection Inc., would like to apologize for your incovience over the Gutter Cleaning Coupon Deal. What we can't apologize for is how Angie;s List Orchestrated this program. Fact: Angie's List did not tell us, how much the Coupon was for did tell us that Advance Moisture Protection Inc., would share 50% in the cost of the Coupon and the customer paid the other 50%. What Angie's List did was in fact be deceptive and mis-leading. Fact: Angie's List did not reveal that the actual cost for the entire job was for $79.00 after the offering of the coupon to Angie's List Members. Fact: After the customer paid for the $79.00 coupon. Angie's List retainted the Money and after the completion of the job, Advance Moisture Protection Inc., would receive 50% of the coupon being $39.50. Fact: Advance Moisture Protection Inc., would loose many times. What they would have received and no business could not survive on that Business Model. Fact: Angie's List received 50% of the $79.00 for doing what? Certainly, not performed the Gutter Cleaning. Fact: Angie's Hicks founder of Angie's List in her Commercials claims that Angie's List receives no money from Roofers, Plumbers, Doctor's and so forth, but from the 50% charge off from Angie's List you can only imagine how many, many more Businesses Angie's List received money from. Fact: Ms. Hicks in her Commercials claims reviews you can rely on. Although, when a member files a review they have to agree to, that their review is solely based to be truthful, and Angie's List assumes no responsibility for any comments on behalf of the person filing their review. In a Democracy you are not guilty until found so. Fact: Mrs. Hicks doesn't ask to hear both sides of the story and her business plan is based on that. A. Signing up as many Members as she can. B. Sell as much as add content and coupons to whom her members post reviews about. So Angie's List does receive money from these vendors. In conclusion, why would you pay to access a Directory for Vendors when you can simply access many agencies, organizations and, ask their friends, neighbors that you will truthfully find good results. Angie's List mis-represented this coupon program and therefore, I give. Angie's A “F” for all Categories. Please call with any questions. Thank You & God Bless! Timothy Nickels, PresidentOctober 22, 2013 Angie's List Reference: The Big Deal Advance Moisture Protection Inc., would like to apologize for your incovience over the Gutter Cleaning Coupon Deal. What we can't apologize for is how Angie;s List Orchestrated this program. Fact: Angie's List did not tell us, how much the Coupon was for did tell us that Advance Moisture Protection Inc., would share 50% in the cost of the Coupon and the customer paid the other 50%. What Angie's List did was in fact be deceptive and mis-leading. Fact: Angie's List did not reveal that the actual cost for the entire job was for $79.00 after the offering of the coupon to Angie's List Members. Fact: After the customer paid for the $79.00 coupon. Angie's List retainted the Money and after the completion of the job, Advance Moisture Protection Inc., would receive 50% of the coupon being $39.50. Fact: Advance Moisture Protection Inc., would loose many times. What they would have received and no business could not survive on that Business Model. Fact: Angie's List received 50% of the $79.00 for doing what? Certainly, not performed the Gutter Cleaning. Fact: Angie's Hicks founder of Angie's List in her Commercials claims that Angie's List receives no money from Roofers, Plumbers, Doctor's and so forth, but from the 50% charge off from Angie's List you can only imagine how many, many more Businesses Angie's List received money from. Fact: Ms. Hicks in her Commercials claims reviews you can rely on. Although, when a member files a review they have to agree to, that their review is solely based to be truthful, and Angie's List assumes no responsibility for any comments on behalf of the person filing their review. In a Democracy you are not guilty until found so. Fact: Mrs. Hicks doesn't ask to hear both sides of the story and her business plan is based on that. A. Signing up as many Members as she can. B. Sell as much as add content and coupons to whom her members post reviews about. So Angie's List does receive money from these vendors. In conclusion, why would you pay to access a Directory for Vendors when you can simply access many agencies, organizations and, ask their friends, neighbors that you will truthfully find good results. Angie's List mis-represented this coupon program and therefore, I give. Angie's A “F” for all Categories. Please call with any questions. Thank You & God Bless! Timothy Nickels, President

11/21/2013

Cynthia C.

When I called them, they responded by telling me that they cancelled the deal and I needed to contact Angie's List. I called the number the vendor supplied and left a voice mail for the representative (Cory). I am waiting for a return call and resolution. I am extremely disappointed. My credit card was charged immediately last October upon purchase and I prescheduled the work online. But never heard anything from either the vendor or Angie's list. I have not received a refund/notification. I have not been given a replacement provider (I still need this service completed but it is getting quite late in the season to find another quality contractor at a reasonable price. I am expect to cancel my Angie's List membership if they are this unreliable.

Description of Work
Provider did nothing and never contacted me.

10/31/2013

Jessica W.

They came out quickly and we're on time. It took a few weeks to get an appointment to fix the chimney, partly due to rain.

Description of Work
Patched the flashing around our chimney

John W.

The process started off well. Krystal contacted me right away and the work was supposed to be performed sometime between the 14th and 16th, weather dependent. I even received the gutter cleaning PDF on the 13th prior to their scheduled appointment. When no one came to clean the gutters, I left a voicemail on the evening of the 17th asking for them to reschedule. No one called or emailed back, so I called again on the 23rd only to find out that the deal had been cancelled and I had to contact Angie's List for a refund. What started out as fine customer service turned out to be just the opposite.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal from Advance Moisture Protection Inc.

Category gutter cleaning

October 22, 2013 Angie's List Reference: The Big Deal Advance Moisture Protection Inc., would like to apologize for your inconvenience over the Gutter Cleaning Coupon Deal. What we can't apologize for is how Angie;s List Orchestrated this program. Fact: Angie's List did not tell us, how much the Coupon was for did tell us that Advance Moisture Protection Inc., would share 50% in the cost of the Coupon and the customer paid the other 50%. What Angie's List did was in fact be deceptive and mis-leading. Fact: Angie's List did not reveal that the actual cost for the entire job was for $79.00 after the offering of the coupon to Angie's List Members. Fact: After the customer paid for the $79.00 coupon. Angie's List retainted the Money and after the completion of the job, Advance Moisture Protection Inc., would receive 50% of the coupon being $39.50. Fact: Advance Moisture Protection Inc., would loose many times. What they would have received and no business could not survive on that Business Model. Fact: Angie's List received 50% of the $79.00 for doing what? Certainly, not performed the Gutter Cleaning. Fact: Angie's Hicks founder of Angie's List in her Commercials claims that Angie's List receives no money from Roofers, Plumbers, Doctor's and so forth, but from the 50% charge off from Angie's List you can only imagine how many, many more Businesses Angie's List received money from. Fact: Ms. Hicks in her Commercials claims reviews you can rely on. Although, when a member files a review they have to agree to, that their review is solely based to be truthful, and Angie's List assumes no responsibility for any comments on behalf of the person filing their review. In a Democracy you are not guilty until found so. Fact: Mrs. Hicks doesn't ask to hear both sides of the story and her business plan is based on that. A. Signing up as many Members as she can. B. Sell as much as add content and coupons to whom her members post reviews about. So Angie's List does receive money from these vendors. In conclusion, why would you pay to access a Directory for Vendors when you can simply access many agencies, organizations and, ask their friends, neighbors that you will truthfully find good results. Angie's List mis-represented this coupon program and therefore, I give. Angie's A “F” for all Categories. Please call with any questions. Thank You & God Bless! Timothy Nickels, PresidentOctober 22, 2013 Angie's List Reference: The Big Deal Advance Moisture Protection Inc., would like to apologize for your incovience over the Gutter Cleaning Coupon Deal. What we can't apologize for is how Angie;s List Orchestrated this program. Fact: Angie's List did not tell us, how much the Coupon was for did tell us that Advance Moisture Protection Inc., would share 50% in the cost of the Coupon and the customer paid the other 50%. What Angie's List did was in fact be deceptive and mis-leading. Fact: Angie's List did not reveal that the actual cost for the entire job was for $79.00 after the offering of the coupon to Angie's List Members. Fact: After the customer paid for the $79.00 coupon. Angie's List retainted the Money and after the completion of the job, Advance Moisture Protection Inc., would receive 50% of the coupon being $39.50. Fact: Advance Moisture Protection Inc., would loose many times. What they would have received and no business could not survive on that Business Model. Fact: Angie's List received 50% of the $79.00 for doing what? Certainly, not performed the Gutter Cleaning. Fact: Angie's Hicks founder of Angie's List in her Commercials claims that Angie's List receives no money from Roofers, Plumbers, Doctor's and so forth, but from the 50% charge off from Angie's List you can only imagine how many, many more Businesses Angie's List received money from. Fact: Ms. Hicks in her Commercials claims reviews you can rely on. Although, when a member files a review they have to agree to, that their review is solely based to be truthful, and Angie's List assumes no responsibility for any comments on behalf of the person filing their review. In a Democracy you are not guilty until found so. Fact: Mrs. Hicks doesn't ask to hear both sides of the story and her business plan is based on that. A. Signing up as many Members as she can. B. Sell as much as add content and coupons to whom her members post reviews about. So Angie's List does receive money from these vendors. In conclusion, why would you pay to access a Directory for Vendors when you can simply access many agencies, organizations and, ask their friends, neighbors that you will truthfully find good results. Angie's List mis-represented this coupon program and therefore, I give. Angie's A “F” for all Categories. Please call with any questions. Thank You & God Bless! Timothy Nickels, President

Carrie C.

The provider came right out and gave me an estimate the next day, 10/10. He seemed responsible, prompt and the price was fair. I emailed about the impact of the Deal on the estimate since there was no reference to the Deal in the estimate. Hadn't heard back, so called the office today and was told the that Angie's List deal was cancelled. Called Angie's List to request a refund. Please EXPEDITE my refund!!!

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal from Advance Moisture Protection Inc.

Joan P.

When I contacted Advance Moisture Protection Inc. the day of the appointment (after the appointment time) to see when the people were coming out to perform the gutter cleaning service, Advance Moisture said that it had cancelled the offer. They had contacted me and set up the appointment, even sent me literature trying to sell me a gutter guard system (which I told them I was not interested in, that I was just interested in the gutter cleaning) but never called to cancel. Very disappointed with this company and how this was handled.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal from Advance Moisture Protection Inc td> .

10/23/2013

Michael V.

No response to the Big Deal service order

Description of Work
I selected the Big Deal and this provider never responded.....

Category gutter cleaning, roofing

November 22, 2013 Angie's List Reference: The Big Deal Advance Moisture Protection Inc., would like to apologize for your incovience over the Gutter Cleaning Coupon Deal. What we can't apologize for is how Angie;s List Orchestrated this program. Fact: Angie's List did not tell us, how much the Coupon was for did tell us that Advance Moisture Protection Inc., would share 50% in the cost of the Coupon and the customer paid the other 50%. What Angie's List did was in fact be deceptive and mis-leading. Fact: Angie's List did not reveal that the actual cost for the entire job was for $79.00 after the offering of the coupon to Angie's List Members. Fact: After the customer paid for the $79.00 coupon. Angie's List retainted the Money and after the completion of the job, Advance Moisture Protection Inc., would receive 50% of the coupon being $39.50. Fact: Advance Moisture Protection Inc., would loose many times. What they would have received and no business could not survive on that Business Model. Fact: Angie's List received 50% of the $79.00 for doing what? Certainly, not performed the Gutter Cleaning. Fact: Angie's Hicks founder of Angie's List in her Commercials claims that Angie's List receives no money from Roofers, Plumbers, Doctor's and so forth, but from the 50% charge off from Angie's List you can only imagine how many, many more Businesses Angie's List received money from. Fact: Ms. Hicks in her Commercials claims reviews you can rely on. Although, when a member files a review they have to agree to, that their review is solely based to be truthful, and Angie's List assumes no responsibility for any comments on behalf of the person filing their review. In a Democracy you are not guilty until found so. Fact: Mrs. Hicks doesn't ask to hear both sides of the story and her business plan is based on that. A. Signing up as many Members as she can. B. Sell as much as add content and coupons to whom her members post reviews about. So Angie's List does receive money from these vendors. In conclusion, why would you pay to access a Directory for Vendors when you can simply access many agencies, organizations and, ask their friends, neighbors that you will truthfully find good results. Angie's List mis-represented this coupon program and therefore, I give. Angie's A “F” for all Categories. Please call with any questions. Thank You & God Bless! Timothy Nickels, PresidentOctober 22, 2013 Angie's List Reference: The Big Deal Advance Moisture Protection Inc., would like to apologize for your incovience over the Gutter Cleaning Coupon Deal. What we can't apologize for is how Angie;s List Orchestrated this program. Fact: Angie's List did not tell us, how much the Coupon was for did tell us that Advance Moisture Protection Inc., would share 50% in the cost of the Coupon and the customer paid the other 50%. What Angie's List did was in fact be deceptive and mis-leading. Fact: Angie's List did not reveal that the actual cost for the entire job was for $79.00 after the offering of the coupon to Angie's List Members. Fact: After the customer paid for the $79.00 coupon. Angie's List retainted the Money and after the completion of the job, Advance Moisture Protection Inc., would receive 50% of the coupon being $39.50. Fact: Advance Moisture Protection Inc., would loose many times. What they would have received and no business could not survive on that Business Model. Fact: Angie's List received 50% of the $79.00 for doing what? Certainly, not performed the Gutter Cleaning. Fact: Angie's Hicks founder of Angie's List in her Commercials claims that Angie's List receives no money from Roofers, Plumbers, Doctor's and so forth, but from the 50% charge off from Angie's List you can only imagine how many, many more Businesses Angie's List received money from. Fact: Ms. Hicks in her Commercials claims reviews you can rely on. Although, when a member files a review they have to agree to, that their review is solely based to be truthful, and Angie's List assumes no responsibility for any comments on behalf of the person filing their review. In a Democracy you are not guilty until found so. Fact: Mrs. Hicks doesn't ask to hear both sides of the story and her business plan is based on that. A. Signing up as many Members as she can. B. Sell as much as add content and coupons to whom her members post reviews about. So Angie's List does receive money from these vendors. In conclusion, why would you pay to access a Directory for Vendors when you can simply access many agencies, organizations and, ask their friends, neighbors that you will truthfully find good results. Angie's List mis-represented this coupon program and therefore, I give. Angie's A “F” for all Categories. Please call with any questions. Thank You & God Bless! Timothy Nickels, President

10/17/2013

William M.

Did not show up, when contacted said he would not work with Angies List Customers.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal from Advance Moisture Protection Inc.

10/17/2013

JUDITH B.

When the contractor didn't show up for the service today, I called him directly. I spoke to the owner of the organization, who sounded, frankly, confused and frustrated by the coupon which Angies had offered to its customers. He said it was too early to do the gutters, he didn't know about the coupon, etc. He was very forthcoming, pleasant, but just sounded so frustrated and overwhelmed by all the customers who had signed on for his service. I might use him in future -- but only after ensuring that the details are confirmed by him.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal from Advance Moisture Protection, Inc.

Category gutter cleaning, roofing

October 22, 2013 Angie's List Reference: The Big Deal Advance Moisture Protection Inc., would like to apologize for your incovience over the Gutter Cleaning Coupon Deal. What we can't apologize for is how Angie;s List Orchestrated this program. Fact: Angie's List did not tell us, how much the Coupon was for did tell us that Advance Moisture Protection Inc., would share 50% in the cost of the Coupon and the customer paid the other 50%. What Angie's List did was in fact be deceptive and mis-leading. Fact: Angie's List did not reveal that the actual cost for the entire job was for $79.00 after the offering of the coupon to Angie's List Members. Fact: After the customer paid for the $79.00 coupon. Angie's List retainted the Money and after the completion of the job, Advance Moisture Protection Inc., would receive 50% of the coupon being $39.50. Fact: Advance Moisture Protection Inc., would loose many times. What they would have received and no business could not survive on that Business Model. Fact: Angie's List received 50% of the $79.00 for doing what? Certainly, not performed the Gutter Cleaning. Fact: Angie's Hicks founder of Angie's List in her Commercials claims that Angie's List receives no money from Roofers, Plumbers, Doctor's and so forth, but from the 50% charge off from Angie's List you can only imagine how many, many more Businesses Angie's List received money from. Fact: Ms. Hicks in her Commercials claims reviews you can rely on. Although, when a member files a review they have to agree to, that their review is solely based to be truthful, and Angie's List assumes no responsibility for any comments on behalf of the person filing their review. In a Democracy you are not guilty until found so. Fact: Mrs. Hicks doesn't ask to hear both sides of the story and her business plan is based on that. A. Signing up as many Members as she can. B. Sell as much as add content and coupons to whom her members post reviews about. So Angie's List does receive money from these vendors. In conclusion, why would you pay to access a Directory for Vendors when you can simply access many agencies, organizations and, ask their friends, neighbors that you will truthfully find good results. Angie's List mis-represented this coupon program and therefore, I give. Angie's A “F” for all Categories. Please call with any questions. Thank You & God Bless! Timothy Nickels, PresidentOctober 22, 2013 Angie's List Reference: The Big Deal Advance Moisture Protection Inc., would like to apologize for your incovience over the Gutter Cleaning Coupon Deal. What we can't apologize for is how Angie;s List Orchestrated this program. Fact: Angie's List did not tell us, how much the Coupon was for did tell us that Advance Moisture Protection Inc., would share 50% in the cost of the Coupon and the customer paid the other 50%. What Angie's List did was in fact be deceptive and mis-leading. Fact: Angie's List did not reveal that the actual cost for the entire job was for $79.00 after the offering of the coupon to Angie's List Members. Fact: After the customer paid for the $79.00 coupon. Angie's List retainted the Money and after the completion of the job, Advance Moisture Protection Inc., would receive 50% of the coupon being $39.50. Fact: Advance Moisture Protection Inc., would loose many times. What they would have received and no business could not survive on that Business Model. Fact: Angie's List received 50% of the $79.00 for doing what? Certainly, not performed the Gutter Cleaning. Fact: Angie's Hicks founder of Angie's List in her Commercials claims that Angie's List receives no money from Roofers, Plumbers, Doctor's and so forth, but from the 50% charge off from Angie's List you can only imagine how many, many more Businesses Angie's List received money from. Fact: Ms. Hicks in her Commercials claims reviews you can rely on. Although, when a member files a review they have to agree to, that their review is solely based to be truthful, and Angie's List assumes no responsibility for any comments on behalf of the person filing their review. In a Democracy you are not guilty until found so. Fact: Mrs. Hicks doesn't ask to hear both sides of the story and her business plan is based on that. A. Signing up as many Members as she can. B. Sell as much as add content and coupons to whom her members post reviews about. So Angie's List does receive money from these vendors. In conclusion, why would you pay to access a Directory for Vendors when you can simply access many agencies, organizations and, ask their friends, neighbors that you will truthfully find good results. Angie's List mis-represented this coupon program and therefore, I give. Angie's A “F” for all Categories. Please call with any questions. Thank You & God Bless! Timothy Nickels, President

10/16/2013

Tim W.

I will NEVER CALL on ADVANCE MOISTURE PROTECTION again. I paid for the $79 gutter cleaning Big Deal. They were supposed to come out on Tuesday, October 16th. I had received a phone call and an email confirming that they would arrive between 1 and 4. Interesting, the email also promoted other services for additional charges, of course. That's fine - typical sales pitch. On the day they were scheduled to come out, I called to make sure they were still coming because it was getting late. The lady again confirmed that the window was between 1 and 4. THEY DID NOT SHOW UP AT ALL! I called on Wednesday to find out what happened, and the lady said that the "program was canceled and to call Angie's List". I was very suspicious about this response. I'm wondering if I was canceled because maybe they had a large response to the big deal and they couldn't handle the volume so they just randomly cancel certain people - i.e. especially those who decline the upgraded services they were advertising in that "confirmation" email that I received from them. Either way, the lady who told me that "the program was canceled and to call Angie's List" didn't even apologize and was just pretty blunt in her response. Remember how in school you used to see the films on "the wrong way to do something" or "how not to"?.... Well, this would be a perfect example of the wrong way to run a business and not how you perform customer service. TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL! To Advance Moisture Protection, there is no excuse for your non-response on the scheduled day of service, and certainly no excuse for the attitude behind your response when I called you. All I can say is BUYER BEWARE!

Description of Work
Advance Moisture Protection did not show up to perform the gutter cleaning service for which I had already paid.

10/15/2013

Malika F.

I had called them yesterday because they had a deal. I wanted to know if cleaning the gutters included cleaning the downspouts. He went off saying that Angie's List customers don't know how to talk to him. After they purchase a deal never want to do any add-ons. He tries to add a gutter guard for $2.75 a foot which is cheaper than other people on the list. He explained the gutter guard and it makes sense to me since all the leaves haven't fallen yet and they are just going to fill with more leaves. However, I felt he was talking down to me like a child even though I was calling to give him my business. My gutters are in desperate need of repair and cleaning. I know I will want to get a gutter guard in the future. Had he came and cleaned my gutters I would have considered to call him back to do the protection for me later. I felt it was poor business to brush me off because other people were not wanting the add on he was offering. I wanted to go with him since he did have really good reviews.

Description of Work
Called to ask about a deal he was offering.