Reliable Fence Boston

Founded 1950 • With Angi since November 2002

The Fence People. Thank you for considering Reliable Fence Boston, serving Metro - Boston, Massachusetts. We want to be certain that your hard-earned dollar is well spent. Reliable Fence Boston is one of the most reputable companies in the Greater Boston Area. Our buying power and expertise will

2022 Super Service Award

fence company (452)driveway gate installation (31)general contractors (7)

10/11/2022

Patricia H.

We had a large pool fence installed to replace our old one. From placing our first call and getting an estimate to completed job, the entire process was amazing. The estimator, Andy W., did a very thorough job when he came to take a look at the area. He mentioned issues that other fence companies did not, and he made a few great suggestions to facilitate the project as well. We knew we would be in good hands and they knew what they were doing. Once we gave our deposit, the job was scheduled and the crew arrived on that day. They ripped the old fence out and were careful of plantings all around the fence. The crew stayed until 6:30 p.m. to make sure the job was done. A one-day job! Bottom line, the fence and surrounding area looked beautiful! Great job, good price, clear communication, and professional service every step of the way. What more could you ask for?

Description of Work
Pool Fence

Work Completed On 09/30/2022

07/04/2022

Michelle A.

It took about about 6 weeks from estimate to job completion, but it only took 1 full day for the entire fence to be removed and replaced. The price was not the lowest, but it was competitive and well worth it. The quality of workmanship was excellent, the 3 men working were pleasant and professional. At least 2 other contractors doing other projects mentioned the high quality work on our fence. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Wooden fence removed and replaced with vinyl

Work Completed On 06/24/2022

05/19/2022

Arthur M.

This is an email of gratitude for a job well done for my new fence. The fence looks great and is what we wanted. There was an initial issue with one section, but Gerald and his crew returned quickly and fixed the issue. Gerald and his crew also did a great job carefully working around the plants and bushes. I highly recommend Reliable Fence and Gerald's crew to anyone looking for a new fence.

Description of Work
Backyard new fence

Work Completed On 05/06/2022

04/27/2022

Denis F.

Cannot overstate what a great job these folks did. It was a rather large job for an early learning center for pre-k children. Had to deal with wetlands requirements per Mass EPA, fence height and gap requirements per Mass Department of Early Education and Care (DEEC), access for (believe it or not) squirrels and other small animals requested by the town, access for parents and children, as well as access for landscape equipment. Dana from RFCBoston was not only patient, but insightful regarding improvements to our initial layout, as well as both additions to and deletions from our original specifications. Yes, there were a few errors, and important ones at that. But corrections were immediate and proper. In addition, the folks that did the installation were very, very nice people and a pleasure to work with. Job is correct, to plan, and seems very sturdy. Thank you!

Description of Work
Remove old fence, install new chain link fence.

Work Completed On 03/14/2022

04/18/2022

Louise G.

I’m really pleased with the job Reliable did repairing my fence. They were extremely punctual in sending someone out to have a look at the job, the quote was right on the money, and the work was finished in an extremely timely fashion. All cleaned up like it never even happened! I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Fence repair

Work Completed On 04/01/2022

02/10/2022

Daniel L.

Excellent work from Reliable. They were recommended by a realtor, and they did a great job. Good communication, as well. I've seen other work by them, all consistently good. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
New privacy fence installed, later extended.

Category contractors, fencing

Work Completed On 01/15/2021

Review for Reliable Fence Boston - 283 Salem St, Woburn, MA - 39624092

02/08/2022

Ken K.

Reliable gave a very reasonable quote, they came when they said they would, the crew was approachable and friendly, and the workmanship appears to be exceptional. They even want along the entire rest of the fence to ensure that the posts were stable and secure.

Description of Work
Repair section of wooden fence destroyed by a neighbor's fallen tree

Work Completed On 12/21/2021

01/06/2022

Francoise R.

It went very smoothly from first contact through job execution. Some neighbors had recommended them as a previous contractor never did the fencing job he had promised. In the end, they were less costly and did a fantastic job.

Description of Work
Side yard fencing

Work Completed On 11/12/2021

11/07/2021

Samuel A.

Project was great. Took a while to get scheduled (they're very busy) but once they came out the did the whole job in one day. Great work!

Description of Work
Backyard Fence in Cambridge

Work Completed On 09/01/2021

Review for Reliable Fence Boston - 283 Salem St, Woburn, MA - 39535384

08/19/2021

Doug S.

The estimate was very accurate and thoughtful and the crew that put up the fence did a careful job.

Description of Work
A fence around my backyard.

Work Completed On 06/28/2021

04/20/2021

Michael P.

received a quote for my fence replacement from the company. Upon receiving the quote, in fairness, I made some changes to post type and amount of panels. Should have been a quick fix but not with Reliable Fence. I had to e-mail the company and call 3 times before receiving an update quote. The estimated time to complete the job was pushed out 4 weeks. I understand that due to Covid there are some delays in receiving material and many people are doing jobs, but I was able to get another company that would do it for me within a week. The biggest kicker for me and what really turned me off from them is the payment method. In order to schedule a time you must make a payment. No scheduling can be completed until this is received. To make a payment in person you need to travel to their showroom in Woburn. Not an easy drive from where I am. It was either that or send in by mail that can take a few days, then not sure if they received it so have to wait for the check to clear and then schedule. I tried to call and pay by Credit Card but was told if I did that I had to pay the full amount. When I asked the rep if that made sense to her she said "Yes it does because that's how it's done in construction and we have to pay for labor for the job". I'm sorry but you haven't done the job, you haven't even scheduled the job so why would I pay for the labor already? Really what would stop the company from saying "we'll be here on this date" and just not show up? They already have the money for the job so what do they care? Would never use a company with such rude people or unreliable people.

Description of Work
Fence Replacement

Work Completed On 04/20/2021

02/19/2021

Katrina G.

Reliable Fence was excellent to work with, from start to finish. The two gentleman who installed the fence (300 ft of it!) worked not only quickly -- was done in merely 2.5 days! - but everything is of the highest quality. We will definitely use Reliable again and recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Beautiful fence and fast, high quality installation!

Category contractors, fencing, driveway gates

Work Completed On 03/30/2020

01/22/2021

Shannon L.

It was a bit of a bumpy start with Reliable Fence. First contact had them come out look, measure, but never give a quote. I tried again during the pandemic, and this time it worked. Came out, looked measured, discussed in detail what I wanted and suggested a less expensive and less labor-intensive substitute ( cutting off the old fence and placing the new fence against a short cement wall rather than digging up the wall). Got a quote, looked fair. Installation waited a while because of COVID - had to wait for materials, then wait for a team with clear COVID tests. When it finally happened the installation took a day and a half. The crew was courteous, professional, polite, and the fence looks GREAT. They were awesome about communicating with me during the installation process. Any question that came up, they'd ring the bell and ask me to come out and look. Anything would have looked better than our old fence, but this one looks really really nice. I'm so pleased.

Description of Work
Removed old wire fence, installed new aluminum fence

Work Completed On 01/06/2021

Review for Reliable Fence Boston - 283 Salem St, Woburn, MA - 39149585

06/10/2020

Katie P.

Requested an on-site estimate on April 27th. Reliable contacted immediately and scheduled on-site appointment for May 12th. Estimator was nice and informative. We were told we would receive a quote within a few days. Did not receive communication from Reliable fence sales. On May 22nd, we contacted reliable fence (via text message) inquiring about the status of our quote. Did not receive a reply. We called the office on May 29th inquiring about the same. Estimator contacted us back May 30th (via text message) stating quote would be sent later that day. By evening June 1st still did not receive quote. We informed Reliable (via text) that we did not want to move forward with them. No reply. No further communication.

Description of Work
Fence replacement and install

Work Completed On 05/12/2020

01/23/2020

Rick L.

The guys from Reliable installed forty feet of six-foot-high vinyl privacy fence, plus a four-foot-high vinyl picket gate and small stretch of picket fencing. The whole job took two guys just two days, including clearing some shrubbery that was too close (which I didn't do enough of ahead of time) and taking away an ancient chain-link gate and fencing. The fences and gate look great and are sturdily installed. Big curb appeal improvement! The price was a little steep, but it's worth it to have work done by guys who know what they're doing.

Description of Work
Vinyl privacy fence and gate

Work Completed On 11/07/2019

12/09/2019

STEPHEN E.

Estimate was much too high. Reliable installed my fence several years ago, and a couple of the posts have failed. To replace 3 fence posts they quote $700 - due to labor minimums, they said. That seems exorbitant.

Description of Work
Repair of fence posts

Work Completed On 12/09/2019

09/05/2019

Jonathan Q.

It went great. I shopped around a few fence companies to see what the going rates were for the work I wanted done. Reliable came in at the same rate as the other companies, and provided a higher quality product at the same time. From the initial estimate, I could tell the company was very professionally well run. We talked through all the aspects of the job, and it was very clear what was and what wasn't covered in the work. One big thing that came up was the car gate, which required additional metal posts to support the weight. The other companies I had come estimate didn't offer that additional support, even at the same rate. The crew that came and did the work were exceptional. They were friendly, fast, and did quality work. The first day they finished the entire fence, short of putting on the gate for the care to give the concrete a chance to set. They came a few days later and hung the gate, which works great. They were also very respectful of my raised planter boxes by the fence, and cleanup up very thoroughly. I'd have them back to do work any time.

Description of Work
Backyard Fence Replacement

Work Completed On 08/30/2019

06/03/2019

John K.

Project went very well. Quick responses. In-person estimate with clear details. Gave a 2-3 week timeframe for project start. Removed existing fence and replaced it over a 2-day period. Quality work, friendly crew.

Description of Work
Remove and replace fence

Work Completed On 06/03/2019

05/09/2019

Bill L.

Extremely pleased, highly recommend Reliable Fence. Andrew, Estimator, Lucas and his crew were very courteous, knowledgeable and performed a fantastic job.

Description of Work
Installed a 5' black vinyl chain link fence

Work Completed On 05/07/2019

01/15/2019

Marcel D.

We needed approximately 50 feet of cedar fencing installed in our driveway for privacy. The estimate was reasonable and the crew that installed the fence were awesome!! The workmanship was great, the crew were professional and the results are exactly what we wanted. I would recommend Reliable Fence to anyone who needs a fence installed.

Description of Work
Installed a 7' high privacy fence

Work Completed On 01/02/2019

11/20/2018

Stephen R.

The fence itself is great - very high quality and installed perfectly. The installation crew was great; they were quick, responsive, and friendly. That said, the communications in getting the project set up were poor. During our on-site meeting, the estimator appeared to have a clear understanding of the project, and he was very helpful when we met in person. However, several weeks elapsed between the on-site visit and delivery of the written estimate. During that period, the estimator appeared to lose track of details, and made a critical error in the written estimate. As I am not a fencing expert, I did not note that one word on their estimate was incorrect. The problem was apparent once the installation crew showed up with the wrong fence. Normally, this would be a simple fix, with a company acknowleding its error, and proceeding accordingly. However, the managers on the phone were hostile, unhelpful, and more interested in playing hardball than working out a solution. After days of back and forth, I finally just offered an additional $200 to get them to fix their problem and keep the project going. They countered and demanded an additional $250. I read their tactics as petty and self-serving; certainly not customer-focused. Once we settled on a new (higher) figure, the original estimator was -- finally -- extremely communicative, and worked very hard to make sure that the company was installing precisely the fence I had ordered. If the company had made any similar effort to communicate clearly before their first delivery, the whole issue would have been avoided. Given the difficulty I experienced trying to get this company to do the right thing, I would not recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Install new fence

Work Completed On 10/15/2018

09/24/2018

JACKIE H.

This company will not repair a fence that they did not install.

Description of Work
Fence Repair

Work Completed On 09/24/2018