Northeast Chimney Sweeps

Founded 1978 • With Angi since May 2003

15 Olympia Ave # G13

Woburn, MA 01801

We are Northeast Chimney Sweeps of Woburn, MA. We have proudly served Woburn, MA and surrounding towns since 1978. Our company DOES NOT solicit business by phone, text, email or mail. Our business is solely by referrals from customers who trust us and share us with their friends, families and

03/23/2018

SOPHIA L.

Excellent. I would highly recommend him He did a very thorough job and explained everything that he needed to do. I intend to hire him again.

Description of Work
Flue cleaning

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces

11/01/2017

Robert N.

Very well. Punctual and great service.

Description of Work
Chimneny cleaning and inspection

09/14/2017

Elyse J.

Northeast Chimney Sweeps was amazing. Joe showed up at the expected time, and took enormous care not to get soot or ashes anywhere around our house. He put drop clothes down from the front door to the fireplace, and explained to me how he would set up his vacuum so that ashes would be sucked in before escaping the fireplace. I expressed some concern for our new sofas, and so he put extra clothes down on them to be sure they wouldn't get dirty. I wish everyone we hired to do work on or in our house would take such amazing care to leave things the way they found them. He also took time to explain the steps involved in starting a fire and letting it die out, and he even took a good amount of time to look at our currently unusable basement fireplace to explain what it would take (and cost) to bring it into working order. When I asked how often we needed the chimney to be swept, instead of telling me something on the frequent end and increase the business he'd get from me, he was very honest and (if I recall correctly) said every 2-3 years, depending on use. I am so glad to have found such good chimney sweeps! We will never use anyone else.

Description of Work
We needed to have our chimney swept after moving into our new house, and before the winter hit.

09/08/2017

Joe G.

Joe was great from start to finish. From providing info, to getting a quote, and to executing the work was detailed and organized just the way I like it! They showed up on time and communicated well throughout the whole process. I knew exactly when they were arriving and when they would return. They cleaned up well and even hung around to talk and answer questions when the work was completed. I feel Northeast Chimney sweeps generally cares about their customers and not just making money. Their prices were very reasonable compared to other companies I've worked with in the past. I got multiple quotes for this job and went with Northeast because they had better pricing and seemed confident in their ability to do the job right. I have no hesitation recommending Northeast chimney sweeps to anyone and will call them anytime I need work done.

Description of Work
We needed chimney brick repointing and a chimney liner installed.

Category masonry, chimney repair

06/06/2017

Joe G.

I originally wanted an estimate for a chimney liner and chimney brick repointing but they do not provide free estimates so I scheduled a chimney cleaning as that was needed too. The cleaning went well. The chimney sweep, Matt, was professional and informative. My only complaint was their lowest discounted price of the year (according to them) for the cleaning was still higher than most others. Also the estimate I received for the liner and brick repointing was incredibly high. The liner installation alone was $1500 higher than the other quotes I received. Other than that everything went well.

Description of Work
Needed an estimate for a chimney liner and brick repointing. Chimney cleaned.

05/10/2017

David C.

Northeast was excellent. They were able to meet our schedule requests for the work performed and the final results were well received

Description of Work
Chimney repair

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

04/19/2017

Matthew P.

Joe was upfront and thorough, via telephone, describing the cost, required time, and expectations for cleaning our chimney. He was punctual, professional, and very neat. He also was patient and took the time to explain how our system worked, and what he would be doing to clean it. I would highly recommend hiring Joe if he is available.

Description of Work
Joe cleaned three flues, two fireplaces, and one chimney.

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces

Hello [Member Name Removed], We value our customers and think of them like friends who happen to pay the bills. It was great doing business with you and we really appreciate your comments. Hope to see you again soon, but for your sake, not TOO soon. Sincerely, Joe Northeast Chimney Sweeps of Woburn, MA

10/07/2016

Charles L.

Joe from Northeast Chimney Sweeps did an amazing job installing the new chimney liner and cap. He took the time to explain everything to me and the finish-work alone shows how much pride he has in his work and making sure it’s done correctly. I can’t recommend Northeast Chimney Sweeps enough for any chimney work you may need.

Description of Work
Remove old chimney liner and cap and replace with new.

07/10/2016

Debra C.

Joe arrived on schedule to look at the job and was very polite and professional. He took pictures of the chimney to explain to us what we needed. We agreed to have the work done. He returned when expected and did a great job. I would absolutely recommend him.

Description of Work
Prepared chimney top and Installed coating of CrownCoat. Replaced chimney cap.

Category chimney caps

05/21/2016

Adam G.

We just moved into a house and needed our chimney repointed and recapped. Joe was our third estimate. The first two estimates pulled the typical if you do not add a new liner and clean your flu your family will die. The work estimate for the work I asked for was also very high. After reading Joe's reviews I asked him to come in and give an estimate. Joe was extremely thorough in all aspects of the estimate and then in completing the project. His estimate was detailed and provided multiple options for proceeding with the project. He also gave detailed explanations for each of the options he provided. Joe came at the exact time he promised and completed the work very quickly with his two daughters! He then sent us a detailed report of how he completed the work and why he made the decisions he did. Joe is extremely well respected in the area and not only is a good guy, but is extremely skilled and trustworthy. We have already recommended him to another couple and will use him for our cleanings!

Description of Work
Added a chimney cap, repointed the chimney, raised the already existing liner, and weatherproofed the chimney.

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

04/30/2016

ERIC L.

This is the second home I've had Northeast Chimney Sweeps do work for me. Joe is excellent, is professional and always follows up. He came and assessed the situation and I was pleased to find out that I DID NOT need a new liner, but simply a chimney cap to protect the flues from the elements and any animal intrusion. He did a great job, took a pic of the finished install for me and I can see he was very neat, etc. No hesitations to recommend Northeast Chimney Sweeps!

Description of Work
Joe assessed the condition of my chimney and flue situation.

Category chimney caps

01/15/2016

Dawn N.

Vinny & Pete from Northeast Chimney were on time and really very pleasant/professional. They inspected and cleaned two chimneys. I was worried that they were going to report a million things wrong with the chimneys to upsell me on services/repairs but they did not do that. They pointed out some mortar damage at the top of one chimney and recommended chimney caps, which would stop the problem from getting worse. They gave us a price, but did not put a lot of pressure on us to do the work and they were just fine with us asking to think about when we would want to move forward. They only charged $75.00 for the cleaning and inspection. I would definitely recommend this company and will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Cleaned and inspected two chimneys.

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

It is always wonderful to see yet another review on Angie's list but this is not Northeast Chimney Sweeps of Woburn, MA. Our service area does not include the Walpole area nor could we have done a complete cleaning of the entire flue (top to bottom) for $75. Best wishes.

12/21/2015

Roy R.

or anyWe had never had our chimney cleaned since we bought our home nearly 15 years ago. We have two fireplaces that we rarely use and our home is oil heated. A few weeks ago I noticed that our neighbors were having their chimney cleaned by Northeast Chimney Sweeps. It reminded me that we should have our chimney checked and cleaned too so I went across the street and spoke to Mr. Alfano. He was extremely professional and explained what his basic service was and how much it would cost. He suggested that I call his office to ake an appointment. When I called the office told me they were booked into January but if someone cancelled they would let me know. About a week later they called and told me about a cancellation and they could fit me in. Mr Alfano showed up exactly on time, explained what he would do, how long it would take and what the cost would be. Everything went right on schedule. The work was done very professionally. He checked all three of the flu's in the chimney and thoroughly cleaned the main one from our furnace. They put down covering on our carpets and thoroughly cleaned up when they finished the job. The charge was $245.00. I would highly recommend Northeast Chimney Sweeps for any type of chimney cleaning or repairs.

Description of Work
Checked and cleaned the chimney.

11/19/2015

David K.

Concerned about spalling in existing fire-clay flue liner. Mr. Albano responded to my inquiry within a few days, did a visual inspection of the flue from the top and the bottom, and said it should be good for a number of years without any repairs needed now. Very knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Inspected chimney.

10/30/2015

Lisa G.

I contacted NE Chimney Sweeps after seeing all the great reviews on here and I was NOT disappointed!!! From speaking with Brenda at the office to meeting Joe in person they have to be the nicest, most professional people I have ever dealt with! Joe showed up at exactly the time he stated, knowing I needed to get the boys off to school he worked around that for me. We just purchased our home 3 months ago and he was a wealth of information about the what and what not's to do when lighting our fireplace. I know how busy he is and he DID NOT rush me at all when I was asking questions! He made the time to explain everything to me. Genuinely the nicest person I have ever had do any kind of work here at the house!

Description of Work
Cleaned chimney, flue and damper.. Inspected outside of chimney

08/27/2015

James F.

Installation of the chimney cap went well in 2013. Joe showed up when he said he would, performed the work at agreed upon price and cleaned up everything. Our more recent experience was not as smooth. He came out to do the estimate. It took nearly two weeks to get a preliminary estimate, which was about $7,000 for a new chimney liner and complete rebuild of the exterior to the flashing. We got a second estimate from a well-regarded chimney company who wanted about $3,200 for the chimney liner and said we only needed the exterior ground and re-pointed for about $900. (They also wrote out the estimate on the spot after a thorough inspection and provided pictures of the inside of the chimney that showed why the work needed to be done). After some bacfk-and-forth with Joe, we decided to consider doing the full rebuild as he suggested/. I emailed Joe and asked if he would consider giving us a discount. He sent a curt email in response: "Nope, sorry. I have a motto: 'Never give a discount or you will be tempted to cut corners.' I think you should go with the other company." We decided to go with another company. I'll let you know how that goes after the work is done.

Description of Work
In June 2013, Joe installed a stainless steel chimney cap and cleaned the chimney for $350. At the time, he said the chimney liner was failing and would eventually need to be replaced. In July 2015, he provided an estimate for the work, which turned out to be more complicated than originally anticipated. We got a second estimate and decided to go with the other company after much back and forth with Joe.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair

07/15/2015

James M.

These guys are great. Very easy to work with and very professional.

Description of Work
Chimney sweep and cap

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair

Thanks, for taking the time to offer your kind review! We had a very nice time working in your home... on a very cold winter morning, if I remember correctly! When we returned to install your cap we were blessed with a much more mild and sunny day (probably 30 degrees!). Many thanks for your trust. Joe Albano (owner) Northeast Chimney Sweeps

05/04/2015

Claire F.

I got Joseph Albano's name from an architect friend who told me he is the best and all the architects use him. I tried to book him in 2013 but he was so busy it never worked, so I ended up calling and using two different chimney companies both of which told me I needed a liner and gave me very different, yet both high estimates for what that would cost. This year I decided even though I would have to wait a few months for Joe, he was worth it. And, he was. You are going to have to book at least a few months out with Joe, and he is basically a one-man operation, so he is doing all the work and answering the emails/calls too, so he doesn't get back to you very quickly. But once you arrange a time, and have him come to do the work, you are really getting the best of the best. He is polite, clean, and so so so good at explaining what your chimney looks like and needs on the inside. He said we didn't need a liner for a while and that he cleaned it so well we'd only need to call him every other year. (So, he may be a little more than some companies, but if you only need to call him once every two years, that's savings!) He made me feel like I understood my chimney and could make informed decisions, as opposed to feeling like I didn't understand it but I had to spend lots of money on it. So: call/email him EARLY; wait for him to reply and schedule with you; it is truly worth it, and once you are one of his customers, you will not regret the wait.

Description of Work
He inspected and cleaned our chimney, gave estimates for more work.

01/07/2015

Sandra G.

He was prompt, professional and took time to discuss issues we would have with the chimney in the future. Great job!

Description of Work
Swept a seldom used chimney and offered options for lining it.

12/16/2014

Robert D.

Northeast Chimney Sweeps cleaned my fireplace flu and my furnace flu. Both were cleaned from the roof down to the basement and they did a superb job with the cleaning. I have had our chimneys cleaned several times over the last 16 years and this is the first time I have ever used Northeast Chimney Sweeps and I will never use anyone else again. One of the best things about the service call is the level of communication that Joe provides you in explaining the details of what needs to be done and why. I highly recommend you consider Northeast for your chimney cleaning needs in the greater Woburn MA area. Robert Dickey ? Woburn, MA

Description of Work
Northeast Chimney Sweeps cleaned my fireplace flu and my furnace flu.

11/25/2014

Jor M.

Joe is friendly, punctual and extremely easy to work with. He left all of his work space cleaner than he found it. Joe explained all the work clearly and did everything he promised and more. Before he arrived he replied to my email and two exchanges were all it took to set up a date and plan. We were flexible on timing and lucky enough to fit into a last minute cancel; Joe is busy this time of year. On the day of cleaning we discussed the subsequent/separate flue liner job including a price quote. Joe encouraged me to take my time and not feel rushed but I was sold by then. The flue liner job was faster than expected and the finished mortar work is neat and clean. We recommend Joe and we'll have him back in spring 2016 (when he recommended the next chimney sweeping be conducted).

Description of Work
Joe swept our three flue chimney last week and installed a flue liner for us today.

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney repair

06/10/2014

ELIZABETH S.

Joe is a wonderful contractor who performed meticulous work at a reasonable price. He had great communication and pricing and he arrived on time. We would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Relined chimney, added chimney cap, moved smoke pipe, touched up concrete on chimney, installed smoke guard on fireplace

07/15/2013

Beth-Anne S.

Our original home inspector had warned us that our chimney (the original from 1887) was in need of serious repair and would soon be a carbon monoxide risk. We knew we would definitely need a new chimney liner but were concerned we might need the chimney repointed or rebuilt. We contacted this company on the recommendation of a friend after purchasing our home. Joe (the owner) was corteous, prompt and a great communicator. After his initial inspection, he was honest with us that we did not need all the additional work that our home inspector had inidicated as this was not a wood burning chimney (a VERY welcome relief). Joe quickly sent us a quote and we were able to book him within 2 weeks of our initial inquiry. On the day of the install, Joe arrived on time and took pride in showing me the new liner he would be installing. He even lead me through a demonstration to show how solidly constructed it was and walked me through all the work he would be completing that day. He is clearly passionate about his business! At the end of the install, he provided me a detailed list of the work performed and the warranty for my new liner. He left the job site spotless and was very patient with our very "vocal" dog who was not enjoying the noise of the install. I would highly recommend Joe for any future work!

Description of Work
Replaced the chimney liner, installed an inspection door, patched a previous inspection hole, and repointed the bottom 3 rows of bricks at the base

03/26/2013

Jennifer S.

We were so grateful to find Joe! We are in the process of buying a house and we found a potentially BIG problem with the chimney during the house inspection. We called several chimney sweeps and masons, but nobody was available. Thank goodness Joe from Northeast called us back today! We had less than 24 hours to sort out this issue. When we told him our story, he dropped everything to drive down to Burlington and help us. He was so nice, and so professional! He took his time and looked very carefully at all aspects of the chimney, flues, furnace, and fireplace...photographing and documenting as he went along. He promised a report same day - so we should still have enough time to sort things out with the sellers and make our purchase and sale deadline. He charged a very reasonable $100, which we can use as a credit when we do the actual repair. I can't say enough great things about him!

Description of Work
Comprehensive analysis of chimney and gas burner flues in a house we are buying. Very last minute request to a**** a complicated repair.

02/04/2013

Sheryl D.

He's one of the best contractors we've ever worked with. He's trustworthy, prompt, and creative in developing solutions. He's just a nice person.

Description of Work
We used Joseph Albano of Northeast Chimney Sweeps to do some internal repairs to our chimney. He also installed a chimney cap, a liner, and prepared it for an oil to gas conversion.

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

MasonWorks LLC

MasonWorks specializes in design and construction of all types of stone and brick patios, walls and walkways, steps, decks and porches, outdoor kitchens and water falls, garden and retaining walls. From the first consultation to the final touches of each job, you will be in excellent hands. With more than three decades of experience, MasonWorks will assist you in every stage of the project, from materials choice to furniture selection. Your dream of owning an elegant and relaxing backyard retreat can become a reality. Family owned. Additional contact name - Jeff Souza. Additional e-mail - jeff@masonworks.me. Angie's List Award winning since 2009. Additional area served- Boston Metro, North sure and West

Award 2022
    Offers by MasonWorks LLC on Angi
    American Made Masonry LLC

American Made Masonry LLC is a full service masonry company servicing greater Boston and beyond. We are fully licensed and insured and we provide free estimates and follow-up service. We specialize in all types and stages of masonry construction, including stairs, walkways, chimneys, patios, fireplaces, walls, driveways, paving stones, all types of concrete work, and more. We also do all types of general masonry repairs, including repointing, chimney extensions, and waterproofing. Direct contact email americanmademasonry@yahoo.com. Award wining.

Offers by American Made Masonry LLC on Angi
    CF Masonry

We have 30 years of experience. The best service, the best price! Waiting for your call. CF Masonry is a full service masonry contractor serving Eastern Massachusetts and Southern NH. CF Masonry is experienced in constructing stone, brick, CMU, hard stuck, pavers, natural and manufactured, stone veneers, brick veneers, brick and stone pavers, CMU buildings, CMU, retaining walls, walk ways, stairs, patios, elevators shafts, fireplaces, chimneys, tile, and more. Our experience includes commercial buildings, residential buildings, apartments and condominiums and retail stores. CF Masonry was founded in 2009, but we have 30 years of experience. We can provide references from former & existing customers. Call us for a prompt, competitive estimate.

Award 2022
    Commonwealth of MA
    04/01/2018

Chimney cleaning, caps and liners, masonry & tuckpointing.