B & B AFFORDABLE RENOVATIONS INC

Founded 2002 • With Angi since December 2007

B&B Affordable Renovations, Inc. is a general contracting company providing a wide variety of services including new construction, home remodeling and repairs. With over 20 years experience, B&B Affordable Renovations, Inc. is the company to choose when you want exceptional customer service, quality workmanship and affordable prices. We are small enough to give each customer the personal attention they deserve, but large enough to provide you with all the services and resources needed to complete the job....

A Service Provider's profile image

+115 more images

home remodeling (28)woodworking (18)roofing (16)electrician (15)drywall (15)plastering (14)flooring (14)plumbers (13)decks & porches (12)interior painting (11)insulation (11)lighting (10)

10/29/2021

Tim C.

Bill Germaine (owner) and his team at B&B Affordable Renovations, did an AMAZING job constructing the large addition to my home! Not only did Bill meet my expectations, but he also EXCEEDED them! His ideas turned my aspirations into reality, and left me with an addition much better than I could have ever imagined. Bill and his team were responsive, quick, caring, and thorough. Because of them I am now enjoying my brand new dining room, bathrooms, new basement and much more! THANK YOU BILL!! We will DEFINITELY be hiring you again in the future!!

Description of Work
Full addition (2 bedrooms, dining room, 2 full bathrooms and a new basement) added to my existing house.

Category closet systems, countertops, decks, drywall, excavators, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, insulation, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, home builders, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 10/29/2021

10/29/2021

Dan N.

Bill and his workers built a wonderful addition to my house. My family and friends have also used B&B for all of their construction needs. He tackles all of his jobs with eagerness and precision. No job is finished in his eyes until it's perfect - everything he completes turns out better than I imagined. You won't ever be disappointed by his work.

Description of Work
House addition, remodeling

Work Completed On 10/29/2021

10/28/2021

Matt F.

Bill and his team have done multiple projects for me. This was extremely time sensitive as I needed to build an in law for my other who we had to move in with us. His team has built a beautiful in law suite that works for her accessibility needs. Work was done fast and for a great price. Bill is always willing to work with you to get you what you need

Description of Work
In law addition

Category closet systems, countertops, drywall, electrician, gutter repair, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, home builders, woodworking, ceiling fans, home remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 10/28/2021

10/04/2020

Lisa D.

Perfect! B&B's work is always top notch, on time and with the utmost craftsmanship.

Description of Work
We needed a new roof.

Category roofing, garage builders, home builders

Work Completed On 10/04/2020

Thank you for your positive feedback. So glad you are happy and like the new roof we did for you. Thank you again for the repeat business over the years,

03/14/2020

Joe A.

Bill is currently replacing our existing garage and breezeway with a much larger garage with a second floor that is open to the main house. He was able to easily fullfil our requests, such as a thicker slab for car work and using a steel beam to avoid needing any support columns in the garage. Once the permit was approved, work started quickly, with the old garage torn down within a week, the foundation laid a week later, and the walls going up about a week and a half after that. Small changes to the design, like adding windows or swapping the location of a door and a closet, were easily accommodated without hassle. Communication is clear and he's generally easy to get in touch with. We're very happy with the work so far, and will definitely be hiring B&B again for future projects.

Description of Work
Replacing garage and breezeway with larger garage with second floor, putting a new roof on the existing house.

Category excavators, remodeling, roofing

Work Completed On 03/14/2020

12/14/2019

Matt F.

Very nice work and a completely transformed area from a two car garage with doors to walled in and much brighter playroom

Description of Work
needed to convert a 2 gar drive in attached garage to a kids playroom

Category drywall, insulation, lighting, plastering, remodeling, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 12/14/2019

Review for B & B AFFORDABLE RENOVATIONS INC - 28 Phillips Brooks Rd, Westwood, MA - 38285376

Thank you for your positive feedback of your experience working with my company. I am glad you are happy the way it all came out. It was a pleasure doing business with you. Please let me know if you need any more future work. Thank you.,

11/04/2019

Adam D.

We are currently in the process of doing a renovation and B&B has been handling the project. The carpenters have done great work with the structure and the deck and the work looks very professional. We are close to moving towards the inside of the project and looking forward to the work being completed and having a finished product. We have felt like active participants within the project and work with B&B to identify what types of products to use etc.

Description of Work
Convert porch to a living room, re-do a deck and open up kitchen

Work Completed On 07/01/2019

Thank you for your positive feedback with your experience working with me and my company. The big part of the project is complete and now to finish the few things inside. The new back room looks great and new deck came out great as well. So glad you are happy with everything thus far and the things we completed.

09/17/2019

Armon V.

I have been working with Bill since 2018. Get guy, transparent, and reasonable pricing. Communications have been excellent and Bill has never missed an appointment or scheduled project / job for me. I own and manage rental property and B&B specialize in everything so his could be a one stop shop for you. Also, communications and reliability have been spot on which cannot be said for many contractors unfortunately. I have a very busy schedule so quick communications to resolve my problems and reliability that the contractor will show up when said is very important to me. Bill is also jut a very easy going guys to work with. I would highly recommend reaching out for any project you have in mind.

Description of Work
Various Services throughout my investment properties

Category remodeling, roofing, snow removal, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/31/2019

Thank you for your positive feedback working with my company. It has been a pleasure working for you and so glad you are happy with everything. Please let me know if you need any more work in the future. Thank you.

09/02/2019

vishnu S.

B&B Affordable Renovation Inc (Bill Germaine owner of the company) did complete renovation of our kitchen couple of years ago. Based on their performance we again hired them again for complete remodeling of our bathrooms. They are reliable, cost effective and pays attention to details. Workmanship has been professional and of high quality.

Description of Work
Kitchen and Bathroom remodeling

Work Completed On 09/02/2019

Thank you for your positive feedback working with my company. Also thank you for all of your repeat business. I am so happy you were very happy with the kitchen remodel I did for you years ago and for all the bathrooms I remodeled in your house recently. Please let me know if you need any more work in the future. It has been a pleasure doing business with you.

08/08/2019

George M.

B & B Affordable Renovations has done quality work on the extensive renovation of my home. The renovation encompassed rough framing, plumbing, plastering, tiling of the kitchen floor and four bathrooms, electrical work for the entire house, finish carpentry and installation of a central AC system. I have been very pleased with all aspects of this work. Bill, the owner of B & B Affordable Renovations, is personable and honest and has lived up to every aspect of the contract. I will definitely hire B & B Affordable Renovations for the renovation on my second home.

Description of Work
Renovation

Category ceramic tile, electrician, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

Thank you for your positive feedback on the big addition and whole house remodel that I recently did for you. It was a pleasure doing business with you and so glad you are very happy with everything that we did for you. It came out great. Please let me know if you need any work in the future. Thank you.,

04/20/2019

Steve M.

We needed a new front door. Bill's team installed the one we picked out and it looks wonderful. They took care of everything we needed. We have done several projects with B&B and their work has always been exceptional

Description of Work
Front door installation

Category remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 04/20/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your business over the past ten years. I’m so glad you’ve been happy with every job thus far. We appreciate the relationships we have with our clients such as yourself, and we will continue to work hard, and do whatever possible, so you remain a satisfied customer. My team and I look forward to future opportunities to work with you, and as we have in the past, we at B&B assure to continue to make your building projects a reality.

10/24/2018

Alexandria M.

In progress now - work has been done very quickly and has been ahead of schedule..very happy with results do far

Description of Work
Total remodel - 2nd floor addition

Category remodeling

Thank you for your positive review of your experience so far working with my company. The framing is ahead of schedule and we are doing great with the timeline. Glad you are happy with everything so far.

10/24/2018

Alexandria M.

The framing and construction looks great and just like we had hoped for

Description of Work
New hipped roof was built and installed according to plans in less time than forecasted

Thanks for your feedback pertaining to the new hip roof that we completed on your new 2nd floor addition. It is coming out great and so glad you are happy so far with everything.

07/19/2018

Kevin M.

We are very happy with the quality of Bill's work. The addition turned out beautiful and we have received numerous comments from friends and neighbors about how it looks like it was part of the original structure. His crew and subcontractors were all professional and easy to work with. We would recommend him to anyone looking to remodel their home.

Description of Work
2nd story addition

Category remodeling

Review for B & B AFFORDABLE RENOVATIONS INC - 28 Phillips Brooks Rd, Westwood, MA - 37252750

Thank you for your feed back with your experience working with my company. I am so happy you are very happy with your experience working with me and my company. Also how fantastic the 2nd floor addition came out with a lot of extra space now. Also very happy it came out better than you thought.. It was a pleasure doing business with you and please let me know if you ever need any future work. Thank you.

02/27/2018

Maria M.

We had a great experience and years later we are still very happy with the finished project.

Description of Work
finished basement

Work Completed On 02/02/2021

02/12/2018

Maria M.

Bill finished our 1200 square foot basement. He was very pleasant to work with and made sure the job was completed to the highest quality. He was great at staying in touch with me by text as we were scheduling each part of the project. The quality of work is outstanding. We are especially happy with how the bathroom came out. His tile guy is amazing. We were also very impressed with his crew that plastered the walls. His workers were also very good to clean up every time they left so we weren't left with a mess in between each stage. We highly recommend Bill and we will definitely use him in the future. I only give a 'B' for punctuality because the project took longer than expected, but we are so happy with the outcome that the wait was worth it.

Description of Work
finishing basement

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, insulation, lighting, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 02/01/2018

Thank you for your feed back with your experience working with my company. I am so happy you are very happy with your experience working with me and my company. Also how fantastic the basement came out with the added bathroom and that it came out better than you thought. I love the tile you picked Inthe bathroom as well. It was a pleasure doing business with you and please let me know if you ever need any future work. Thank you.

01/20/2018

James F.

Bill did a thorough, careful job of removing snow from my property. He worked with me on timing so I would be able to get to work without issue, which was a huge help. He also took the effort to follow up with me to make sure I was happy with the end result - he cares about the quality of his work. Overall, I am very happy with the service Bill provided!

Description of Work
Snow removal

Category snow removal

Work Completed On 01/05/2018

Thank you for your feedback about your experience you had with my company. I am glad you are happy with my services.

01/20/2018

LINDA S.

This is a review of our master bathroom renovation. A previous review was submitted for two other bathroom renovations also completed by B&B Affordable Renovations. Once again Bill Germaine of B&B Affordable Renovations and his crew did a fantastic job of totally gutting and renovating our Master Bath precisely to our specifications and we could not be happier with the results. His team of carpenters, painters, electricians, plumbers and tile specialist were extremely courteous, punctual, and considerate and more than willing to make minor adjustments or modifications as needed. Every little detail was paid to tile work design both on the floor and in the shower area. Carpentry work on the tub front panel, baseboard, cabinets and mirror installations and other fixtures were done exactly to our specifications, as well as the paintwork and all electrical rewiring, reconfiguration and installations. B&B Affordable Renovations transformed our thirty two year old bathroom into a beautiful custom design en suite. Several of our friends have complimented on the wonderful transformation of all three bathrooms. We would highly recommend B&B Affordable Renovations for any job big or small and would hire them again for future projects

Description of Work
Master Bath Renovation

Work Completed On 11/30/2017

It was a pleasure doing business with you again. The master bathroom as well as the other 2 bathrooms came out fantastic. You have great taste and I love the tile and plumbing fixtures you picked out for everything. So glad you are once again very happy with everything and with my services and thank you for the repeat business. Please let me know if you need any future work In the future.

01/05/2018

harold B.

Bill was very professional and knowledgable. He was easy to reach and returned calls promptly. I would recommend him highly.

Description of Work
Snow and ice removal driveway and walkways. Roof snow removal

Category remodeling, snow removal

Work Completed On 01/05/2018

Thanks for your feedback working with me and my company. So glad you are happy with everything. It was a pleasure doing business with you. Let me know if you need any more work done in the future. Thanks

07/10/2017

Adam F.

Bill Germaine and his team were incredibly hard working. Even when it was 95 degrees plus, they were up on the roof in full sun doing what they had to to get the job done - and what a wonderful job they did for us! Our new dormer is complete with skylights and lots of closet space. The new bathroom looks like something out of a high-end resort we could never afford to stay at. Shouts out to Vinnie, the foreman, who was always willing to bend over backwards and go the extra mile to make us happy. Also to Francesco, the tile man, who truly created an individualized tile masterpiece for us. I highly recommend these guys!

Description of Work
Added a dormer to our house with bathroom, closets and skylights.

Category ceramic tile, closet systems, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, gutter repair, insulation, lighting, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, ceiling fans, home remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 07/01/2016

Thank you for your feedback working with me and my company. So glad you are very happy with the addition we did to your home with adding a bathroom etc. It was a pleasure working for you and please let me know if you need any additional work in the future. Thank you.

05/15/2017

LINDA S.

Bill Germaine at B&B Affordable Renovations has an excellent team of highly skilled workers. They have just finished renovating two of our bathrooms (a guest bath and a powder room) and done an amazing job. This required completely gutting each room. Bill was always easily accessible, giving progress updates during each phase of the project and frequently inquiring about the quality of the workmanship, his staff and if I was fully satisfied. He is open to suggestions and eager to accommodate any last minute modifications. Bill is proud of his work, the reputation of his company and his staff Vinny and Colin, Dave and Leo, Francisco, John, Mike and his crew have done a superb job thus far. They are punctual, professional and considerate, always making sure to clean up after them. I am very pleased with his work and would highly recommend B&B Affordable Renovations for any job big or small. Next, they begin work on renovating our master bathroom.

Description of Work
Renovation of 2 bathrooms (Guest bath and Powder room) Requiring moving the washer and dryer from the powder room on the first floor to the second floor bathroom. Re-tiling both bathroom floors and shower area and walls Removal of bathtub and building a new walk-in shower Plastering and painting both rooms Installing new vanity units, mirrors and accessories. Re-configuring and installing new plumbing, toilets and sinks. Rewiring and installing new lighting system. Replacing doors and building new closets in both bathrooms.

Category ceramic tile, closet systems, drywall, electrician, insulation, lighting, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 05/12/2017

Thank you for your feedback working with me and my company. It was a pleasure doing your projects on the 2 bathrooms and relocating the laundry upstairs etc. It came out great and I love the tile you picked out and everything. I am so happy you are happy the way it all came out. I look forward on doing your master bathroom next. 😄

01/14/2017

JACQUELINE C.

So happy we found Bill!! I was looking for someone to do snow removal and Bill came out to meet me and check out what I needed done. The next day was a snowstorm - and he showed up as promised and came by 3 times to be sure we were all plowed out! Very courteous and professional and I know he really cares about his work and his clients - he wants his clients to be happy. And we are!!! Thanks so much Bill - you are a find!!!!

Description of Work
Snow Removal

Category remodeling, snow removal