Apex Roofing & Restoration LLC

Founded 1992 • With Angi since December 2012

3 Easy St

Westford, MA 01886

When you call Apex Roofing and Restoration you will always speak with John Normandie the owner, a Massachusetts licensed contractor for over thirty years. He is a Master Journeyman carpenter and well versed in all aspects of restoration of you roof, siding or any other problems you may be having with your home. If you require someone to give you a truthful assesment of the condition of your home or property, or just have a question or two, please do not hesitate to call....

09/24/2021

Erik J. H.

Angel and his 8-person crew from Apex Roofing completed re-roofing my 4BR colonial in one day! My roof needed a lot of TLC and Apex provided it: fascia board and plywood replacement where needed, new ridge vents, skylights, and more. They even shingled my cat house at no additional charge! Professional, prompt, great communicators, excellent clean-up, fair price. Very highly recommended!

Description of Work
roof replacement

Category roofing, skylights

10/14/2020

Matt F.

Their work was ultimately professional, easy to deal with and I will be pleased to recommend them to people.

Description of Work
They did a complete re-roof.

07/11/2019

Jessica T.

Apex was prompt with a quote, low pressure sales. They did a great job protecting the yard / landscaping / porch & windows. Roof look great! I had a few follow-up questions and they responded promptly and thoroughly.

Description of Work
Needed a new roof

08/27/2018

Alan B.

Apex replaced three skylights and stripped and shingled our 3200 sq ft home (with lots of bump-outs). John was the only guy who actually got up on the roof while preparing the quote. His price was the same as our other quotes. His crew showed up on time, worked efficiently and cleaned up in a day. The impact on our life (and on the yard plantings) was minimal. I've had bad experiences with roofers before, but this was a professional, well run outfit.

Description of Work
Replace shingle roof

Category roofing, skylights

[Member Name Removed], It was our pleasure to have worked with you and Karen on you're roofing project. As always we strive to complete each roof as if it were our own. I will pass on your comments to my son and the crew. They always appreciate a good word from our clients. Please let us know if we can help with any other projects in the future. Very Best, John "There is no satisfactory substitution for excellence" Dr. Henri Ford

08/12/2018

Ruth P.

Very well , very professional

Description of Work
Replaced shed roof

[Member Name Removed], Very nice to have met with you and your husband. Please call us if you need anything in the future. Thank you! John

07/15/2018

Melissa K.

When John came to give me an estimate, he spent a lot of time walking my roof and helped me realize that our issues with leaks weren't necessarily due to the roof. He encouraged us to do some additional investigation and helped us realize that our leaks were actually due to issues with the flashing/siding and an issue with our balcony. Every other contractor simply bid for the job, although the roof didn't look like it needed replacing. I'd hire him in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
Leaking roof

[Member Name Removed], It was very nice to have met with you. I hope everything has been resolved. Do not hesitate to call us with any issues in the future. Thank you for the kind words and do take care! Very Warm Regards, John

06/28/2018

Garret L.

Went good and done timley. They cut my dish cable and deicing cables both which could have been removed easily. 2 other estimates I got both included waterproof membrane from roof to up exterior wall under siding on carport. I asked for that, said not a problem but, wasn't done because his crew didn't think it was necessary (same guys thought it was necessary to cut wires... go figure). I did recommend Apex to a friend of mine. Overall, looks good and I am satisfied. If you ask for something, make sure it is in writing.

Description of Work
Replaced roof, asphalt shingles

Garret , Thanks for the feedback. I am assuming since we did the job last October that the winter went well and thats the real test of a great roof install. A carport will not ever get ice dams so if the guys did not remove the siding they either located an existing barrier of defense or did not deem it necessary because you will not get ice dams on a "car port". Sorry about the cable cut. The guys thought the satellite was being removed permanently. You do have a 20 year workmanship warranty so please do call us if any issues arise. Thanks so much for the referral! I hope Lobster season is going well! Thanks again!

04/30/2018

Rebecca W.

I was very impressed with Apex Roofing. They did a great job explaining the process and estimating the project. When they came to do the job the crew worked hard all day long to get the roof done in a day. They were very organized and professional. They came back two days later to finish some additional trim work we had asked them to do and that was also done well. Price wise they came in right on target, not a penny over budget. Their rates are very competitive. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Roof and Skylights Replacement

Category roofing, skylights, woodworking

[Member Name Removed], We're glad your happy with your new roof. They're were some challenges on your home but in the end a great result. Thank you for the kind words and I'll pass it on to the crew. Warm Regards, John

04/19/2018

Amanda R.

Easy to communicate with and quick response with questions or concerns. Showed up on time for the job. Did efficient and excellent work. Great job cleaning up. Was done in one day!

Description of Work
Got roof resurfaced

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for the kind words. I will pass it on to my foreman and the crew. Please let us know if we can help with anything in the future. Very Best, John

01/21/2018

Molly D.

Work was done very promptly and contact and communication was very professional. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
repair of a leak in the roof

[Member Name Removed], So glad we could help. If you need anything in the future please do not hesitate to call. Thank you! John

06/16/2017

Andriy K.

it went very well

Description of Work
put new roof

02/08/2017

stephanie M.

The man that came was very nice and professional. He did a good job explaining and educating us on the materials. We were going to use them, but the contractor we ended up hiring had his own roofing crew.

Description of Work
They came out and gave us a estimate on replacing our roof.

[Member Name Removed], Thanks for the great referral and feedback. We try to help our clients and spend whatever time is needed for them to be completely confident in our execution. We can certainly help you in the future with any other projects that might come along. Thank you! John

12/21/2016

Nate & Sarah M.

I called John from Apex and he rearranged his schedule to come out the same day for an estimate because he knew I was trying to square up with the tree company about the cost of the damage. He checked out the problem area (as well as a quick assessment of the remainder of the roof) and determined that there was no real damage, just debris. He advised me on a few upkeep things, but did not perform any services or charge a fee. He was kind, and I very much appreciated his honesty and integrity. If I or anyone I know is in need of a roofer, his name will be on the top of my list.

Description of Work
I had tree damage to my house and had sent some zoomed photos to someone I was talking to about gutter repair/replacement, and he noted that it looked like I had some shingle/fascia damage, about $300-$400 worth.

[Member Name Removed], We appreciate your kind words. There are a lot of reasons why we take the time to help a customer. I think Henry Ford said it best. "There is no satisfactory substitute for excellence". For us that means day in and day out wether we are doing a job for a client or just helping out with a few words. Thanks again! John

06/07/2016

Richard T.

Description of Work
Very professional and quality work.

Category drywall, handyman service, roofing, woodworking, interior painters, doors

[Member Name Removed], Thanks for the great review and all the referrals you've sent our way! Very best, John

01/06/2014

Roland B B.

The repair went well, but once the shingles came off it became obvious that the repair would require more work than originally planned. John did a great job. You can't even tell the roof was repaired from the street in front of the house. His charges were very fair. I would definitely use him (Home Improvements Plus) again.

Description of Work
John Normandie repaired my roof, which required a more extensive repair than originally expected.

01/06/2014

Janet G.

Everything was done thoughtfully and carefully. Very pleased.

Description of Work
We had multiple small projects that we wanted a skilled contractor to do, but were unable to find anyone capable of or willing to do all of them. We were fortunate to find John.

Category sunrooms

12/10/2013

Janet G.

Very good.

Description of Work
A variety of fixes to the exterior of my house.

Category handyman service

09/28/2013

Thomas H.

Initially he was called to fix the leaking roof. It was determined that there was a lot more damage to the roof than expected. He prepared the roof for replacement by doing all that was necessary to get the roofing estimate and cleaned the gutters. While the old roof was being removed, he repaired the roof structure and prepared it for the new skylight. The interior walls of the upper hallway were removed and replaced as they had also received substantial water damage. The hallway was repainted along with fixing several other old repairs that had been done by amateurs. The living room ceiling below the hall was also made to look like new after receiving stains from the water. The mural on the upstairs hallway was replaced. He also fixed several doors that were sticking around the house. The workmanship was excellent and great attention was paid to the details.

Description of Work
Repaired damage caused by roof damage. This involved rebuilding the upstairs hallway and repairing a downstairs ceiling.

Category drywall, gutter cleaning, roofing, skylights, woodworking, interior painters, doors

[Member Name Removed], Thanks for the great review and referrals. I'm a little late on the response but I remember the job well! Such a challenge with all the rot but in the end very nice result. I bet you look at that mural every day and think of us! Take care! John

05/02/2013

Monet E.

John never cuts corners and I appreciate that. He gives you honest information and choices along the way for purposes off making informed budget decisions.

Description of Work
Replaced cedar shingles and removed rotted wood. Remodeled bathroom and basement. Repaired wood p***** damage. Added pool patio.

Category remodeling, roofing, woodworking, home remodeling, sunrooms, basement remodeling, patios

[Member Name Removed], Such a great client and friend. You have great wisdom in picking out fabulous contractors! I cannot beleive it's been so long since we did these projects. Love having you as a dear friend. Ya baby! ~John

12/21/2012

CAROLINE M.

Home Improvements Plus were very friendly. Awesome work. They were very professional and punctual. The work was done on time.

Description of Work
Home Improvements Plus did two jobs for me. They rebuilt the farmer's porch and put down 500 square feet of pavers.

Category sunrooms, hardscaping, patios

Thanks you so much, very much a pleasure working for the both of you. I'm sure we will keep this relationship for many years to come. your friend John

Proctor Plastering LLC

MasonWorks LLC

MasonWorks specializes in design and construction of all types of stone and brick patios, walls and walkways, steps, decks and porches, outdoor kitchens and water falls, garden and retaining walls. From the first consultation to the final touches of each job, you will be in excellent hands. With more than three decades of experience, MasonWorks will assist you in every stage of the project, from materials choice to furniture selection. Your dream of owning an elegant and relaxing backyard retreat can become a reality. Family owned. Additional contact name - Jeff Souza. Additional e-mail - jeff@masonworks.me. Angie's List Award winning since 2009. Additional area served- Boston Metro, North sure and West

Offers by MasonWorks LLC on Angi
    Startline Professional Painting

Paul Sonnett, owner of Startline Painting has a favorite saying" "Sonnett's on it!" And that goes for the whole company. No messages left in the dust. There's a reason you are contacting us now — you would like to know what we can do and when we can do it. It's a simple request. And it's our driving force. Come check us out at https://startlinepainting.com/about/

061982
    Massachusetts
    State of Massachusetts

Roofing and Restoration ( Rotted trim boards ) Skylight Replacement, Wood and Vinyl Siding. If we can't help you, we can guide you in the right direction.