NextGen Construction Service Inc.

Founded 2014 • With Angi since September 2016

301 N Elm St P.O. Box 1959

Westfield, MA 01085

We are your local roofing specialists! Our small business is growing everyday and we are proud to say we have now reached the MasterElite level with GAF (one of the nations largest shingle brands)! This means, unlike most installers, we are able to provide you with the best warranty in the industry when we install your roof! Choose NextGen and have that peace of mind for years to come! While we do focus on roofing, our repertoire also includes: decks (we are a TrexPro installer), siding, windows & doors, and additions....

03/23/2020

Jenny W.

I had serious damage to my roof after a storm. Rene was able to quickly assess the situation and resolve it before it got any worse. I was so relieved when I was able to contact him right away, he was very concerned when I explained the damage and he knew exactly what needed to be done. He was on-site quicker than I expected and his team was so friendly and courteous to me and my family. They took care of every little detail including cleaning up to the point where it looked like nothing ever happened. I could not be happier with the job that was done. We will definitely be calling them for future projects and I will recommend them to everyone I know.

Description of Work
Roof and gutter repair

Category gutter repair,roofing,siding

Thank you for choosing Nextgen! We enjoyed working with you.

06/09/2019

Kaybeth F.

NexGen contacted us promptly (the next day) to schedule an estimate. They were able to come out on a Saturday to take a look, and gave us options and prices on the spot. The work was completed in one day. They cleaned the work site, did not damage any property, and were very professional and polite while they were onsite. They also complete slate roofing repairs, and we plan on hiring them in the future!

Description of Work
Replace a roof on an addition of the house

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your business!

11/20/2018

David G.

Rene Gauthier Jr and his crew were amazing. We had a rather ambitious project of finishing a blank-canvas basement turning it into a bedroom, a full bathroom, two rooms for utilities, a gym and very large entertainment area complete with a wet bar. Rene was right there with us every step of the way and rolled with the punches with every twist and turn our creative process took. He and his staff were very respectful of our time, our house and our privacy. Rene looked for ways to save us money without cutting corners. The end product is GORGEOUS! our goal from the start was to make our basement have the look and feel of the rest of the house and he accomplished precisely that! Thanks Rene for an amazing job!

Description of Work
Finish a large Basement

Category contractors,drywall,egress windows,picture framing,remodeling,roofing,woodworking,doors,basement remodeling

Thank you for the great review! You guys were awesome to work with. Looking forward to future projects!

11/13/2018

JIM B.

Great job top pro used good materials we had a tricky roof in job and they did great !!!

Description of Work
New roof and roof repairs

It was our pleasure. Thanks for choosing nextgen

10/05/2018

Joseph D.

NextGen Construction was great to work with. A quote was provided quickly and once the work began it moved along swiftly and professionally. The quality of the work was outstanding and the workers were polite and highly-skilled. And all of this was at a very competitive price. I highly recommend NextGen Construction for any building project.

Description of Work
An old teetering garage/chicken coup was demolished and replaced with an extended two-car garage.

Category garage builders

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the review. It was our pleasure working with you and hope to work with you again.

02/02/2018

WTPI S.

Nextgen did an excellent job putting on two roofs, one on my home and one on my garage in the depth of winter with a couple of inches of snow on the roof. The workers and the Owner were very nice and very detailed about their work. This was a huge job, and I could not find any contractor to do the job reasonably and professionally. I am very pleased with Nextgen and I HIGHLY recommend them to everyone!

Description of Work
Nextgen installed a new roof on my home and garage

Category roofing,roof snow removal

Thanks for the great review! It was our pleasure to work with you. I am looking forward to future projects.

01/31/2018

Linda L.

When a very minor leak happened, the owner was extremely responsive and corrected the situation at no cost.

Description of Work
Installation of GFCI electrical outlet in bathroom. In addition, bathroom walls refinished, plumbing work as far as new fixtures installed. Re-pointing of chimney.

Category drywall,roofing,home remodeling

Thanks for the review. Looking forward to the basement bathroom project we talked about.

Faith B.

Rene and his group of workers were prompt, professional and most of all courteous and respectful. The quality of their work is impeccable. I wish I had known about Rene and his company when I had other work done in the house. Rene will be coming back in the warmer weather to install our new kitchen doors. I highly recommend NextGen.

Description of Work
My kitchen was in need of a mini-makeover and we were more than pleased that NextGen Construction Service agreed to take on a small renovation. Not all companies are willing to do that.

Category picture framing,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling,doors

Thanks for the nice review. Looking forward to seeing you guys in the spring.

Marie & Paul Q.

Great, perfect work and the house looks awesome. They had it done so quickly and efficiently. Done before the set time.

Description of Work
We needed our small house made bigger and we spoke to several builders and NEXT GEN was the best choice by far. The work Rene and his crew did was incredible. They did work no other builders could do... Excellent quality and detail is unbelievable!!! The price he gave us for so much work was the best price over the other builders who were doing less work. Our neighbors are still asking about his work and how he did so much in such a short time with so much quality. NextGen are Pro's all the way and we would highly recommend to everyone looking to have big projects or small projects. We've had NextGen back to do roofing and more interior projects that are different areas since the rebuild last year and the quality was excellent on those projects also!!! Our first choice for any home projects will be NextGen. Rene has local guys and they do a great job. Rene and his crew are so nice and easy to talk with.

Category contractors,drywall,egress windows,picture framing,gutter repair,remodeling,roofing,siding,replacement windows,home remodeling,doors,basement remodeling

Thank you for the great review. I enjoyed working with you guys. Looking forward to more BBQ's this summer.

Daniel D.

perfect , they incorporated our idea on fly and made some suggestions we never thought of , everything came out like a house u see in magazine

Description of Work
total first floor remodel, kitchen bedroom and living room , removed walls to create open floor plan

Thanks [Member Name Removed], We enjoyed working with you. Looking forward to future projects.

01/04/2018

steven W.

Everything happened as planned and described by NextGen. The only surprise was that they ran slightly short of roofing shingles on the last section of roof, and had to come by on Saturday morning to finish the job. They did everything they said they would do, and to my eyes, did a very good job.

Description of Work
Redo the roofing on the entire back side of my house, that was at least 35-40 years old, or older. Repair broken or missing slates on part of the front roof. Improve the flashing around the chimney at the slate roof. Install a small section of gutter over the bulkhead. Clean up to condition before the job started.

Thanks for this review. I enjoyed our conversations. Looking forward to future projects.

11/14/2017

dale B.

Great!! Crew and owner arrived on time (8 am) and work was completed, including cleanup, and they were gone by 1 PM that day. All were respectful, courteous and careful of my floors and furniture. I am very please with the results.

Description of Work
11 All new replacement windows for small ranch style home. Included removing outdated picture window and skinny side lites with 3 new double hung windows.

Category replacement windows

Our business loves returning customer. Thanks for choosing us again.

10/25/2017

Victoria H.

Excellent job and rehire for this year

Description of Work
Snow removal

Category roof snow removal

Glad to serve your company. Looking forward to many years of service.

10/20/2017

Bruce S.

Not only did they effectively clear the roofs, both flat and sloped, but handled snow removal on the ground as well. It was clear that safety was paramount in all that they did. We are confident that NexGen Construction is reliable and can be counted upon to get the job done and done correctly.

Description of Work
My wife and I manage several properties in the Pioneer Valley. These multi-story buildings required snow removal and roof maintenance during the past winter. We contacted NexGen Construction and found Rene Gauthier and his crew to be very responsive and completely competent to meet the task.

Category roofing,roof snow removal,snow removal

Glad to help. Were looking forward to a long working relationship helping you with your properties.

09/14/2017

Shawn S.

I am more pleased than I can express with the level of service, attention to detail, flexibility, professionalism, and work ethic that Rene and his team exhibited. He treated us extremely well, overseeing all aspects of the work personally and his entire crew was pleasant and very attentive. The quality of the work really shows through in the details that Rene and his team executed-in places where corners could have been cut, the team took extra effort to do things the right way-all while staying within a budget that was comparable to what we received from other firms. The process was quick, professional, and the whole team seemed genuinely glad to be working with us on our home. Also, they were on-time. I can't emphasize the extent to which timeliness in contractors is a rarity these days. We live in a somewhat remote area so it is unusual for contractors to show up when they say they will and we always feel like an imposition. Not the case with Rene AT ALL. He was there on-time, when he said he would be, and we always felt like his first priority. I will hire Rene and his team again for more work with no hesitation whatsoever and recommend them in the highest possible terms.

Description of Work
Rene worked closely with us to develop a customized scope of work that included re-roofing our house, adding exterior trim, repairing siding, building a new front porch, adding paneling to enclose our back porch, and repairing an outbuilding. Rene was very flexible and focused on what we needed, rather than trying to pitch us on a "canned" product or service, as other firms we spoke with did.

Category contractors,egress windows,roofing,siding,garage builders,woodworking

You guys are the best. The guys always ask "when are we heading back up to Tolland" I think they enjoy all the wonderful homemade treats you were spoiling us with. Hope your staying warm this winter. I'm sure we will see you in the spring.

08/02/2017

Steve R.

The project was completed ahead of schedule and actually the entire project would have come in under budget if my wife and I hadn't kept adding new items to the proposal. Not only were we happy with the work being performed off of the original scope of work Rene did not take issue as we added extras along the way. We have never experienced a more professional company to have work for us. They began every day at the scheduled time and worked well until the end of each day. They even asked if it was OK for them to work on Saturdays along the way. They paid attention to detail and kept the job site (including our portion of the roadway) clean every single day. We have at least three additional projects for NextGen Construction Service to complete for us, as we could not have been more pleased and satisfied with the work that was performed on our home.

Description of Work
Remove brick siding, remove old aluminum siding, then remove wooden shingle siding, install new vinyl siding, install new gutters, install new outdoor lighting, install new roof, fabricate new soffits along the entire roof, rebuild two decks, install three new entry doors, install two new storm doors, build beautiful two-tier retaining wall, install new asphalt driveway, loom and seed new lawn.

Category decks,gutter repair,remodeling,roofing,siding,woodworking,doors

What a transformation you home went through. It looks awesome! Thanks again for choosing NextGen.

06/22/2017

suzanne P.

Project went well and the price was great. Rene and his crew did an awesome job and cleaned up after each day's work. They were professional, polite and worked their tails off. Rene offered suggestions and options to get the look we wanted for our house, it was quite a transition and I have had many, many compliments on it. I really wish I could add before and after photos but can't figure out how. Several months after the project had been completed and we caused some damage, I called Rene for help. He called me right back and was over to fix it that week. If I have any kind of project in the future I will call him and I recommend him whenever I can.

Description of Work
New roof with added overhang, gutters, siding, stucco, several windows and doors with interior trim work.

Category decks,picture framing,gutter repair,roofing,siding,replacement windows,woodworking,doors

Thank you for allowing us to work with you. Your house looks amazing.

06/19/2017

dale B.

From the initial estimate to the completion, Mr. Gauthier was prompt, knowledgeable, and patient with our many questions (and we had a lot). Products offered were well known and high quality. Work was done efficiently with minimum disruption to our schedule. The crew showed up when they said they would, cleaned up the area every day and made sure that lawn, shrubs and trees were disturbed as little as possible. Everyone was courteous and the roof(s) look great. We are very happy with the result.

Description of Work
Replace 22 YO roof on 10 rm colonial home and 2 car garage.

Thanks for choosing NextGen

06/18/2017

Brendan F.

Nothing but the most professional and competent workers were provided on site. If an A+ was an option i would rate them as such.

Description of Work
Replace siding on a commercial restaurant during off hours

Category picture framing,gutter repair,remodeling,roofing,siding,woodworking

It was our pleasure. Thanks again for the work.

06/18/2017

Evan M.

Arrived when he said he would and finished ahead of schedule and left absolutely no mess behind. Not one nail or shingle to be found. When he says they will be there they are. Not to mention they have all the equipment and know how to tackle the job.

Description of Work
The first thing was a new roof that I had next gen do. My roof had four valleys two dormers and was 2 1/2 stories high and steep. Also had to doors put in by Next gen and have plans for finishing my basement. Price is always right.

Category roofing,doors,basement remodeling

It was an absolute pleasure working for the Muranski family. Looking forward to future projects.

11/15/2016

Amy S.

Very well - Rene was helpful in designing practical layout for our addition (new construction & reconfiguration of space) while keeping costs in check. Very considerate with picking up & keeping the rest of our home clean, too. Finished on time. Very pleased with final product.

Description of Work
Bathroom/mudroom addition

Category decks,picture framing,remodeling,siding,woodworking,doors

Thanks for the great review.

11/11/2016

Bruce S.

This experience was truly one of the best we have ever had. Rene listened, planned and then executed our wishes. His experience, skills and honesty resulted in a project completed :"on time and under budget". There were very few surprises and the overall stress of this major project was dramatically reduced by Rene's openness and commitment to customer satisfaction. We recommend NexGen without any reservations and will definitely use their services again.

Description of Work
My wife and I purchased a ranch that need extensive renovation as well as expansion. Working directly with Rene at NexGen we developed a plan, budget and timeline. The project scope was larger than we first thought and included roofing, new windows, siding, gutters, hardwood flooring, three complete bathrooms, wall changes, insulation, a complete kitchen remodel, and sheetrock throughout. NexGen smoothly coordinated work by electrical, plumbing and other sub contractors.

Category decks,picture framing,gutter repair,remodeling,roofing,siding,replacement windows,woodworking,home remodeling,doors,basement remodeling

Thanks for the through review. Your house looks amazing!

11/01/2016

William H.

It went very well. We ran into problems with the roof trusses, they didn't fit. Rene was great to work with it turned out that the truss company made a mistake with the dimensions. Rene contacted the truss company and there representative was at the site the next day with Rene and I figuring out a solution. Everything else went as planned. I would definitely call Rene for any future work.

Description of Work
Added a garage and enclosed breezeway. All concrete work,framing,roofing,siding,windows,Doors,back Concrete patio, and removed existing wall between the new room and the kitchen.

Category contractors,decks,picture framing,roofing,siding,replacement windows,garage builders,woodworking,doors

You guys are great. Our kids look forward to your Easter egg hunt every year now. See you soon.

10/04/2016

Raymond L.

Mr Gauthier is a professional, honest, most friendly person. I cannot overstate what a positive experience this project was from beginning to end. He is an ethical, kind, and caring person. My calls and texts were immediately returned, every single time! It is my pleasure to recommend Mr. Gauthier and I do so without reservation. I would also say that he is a highly skilled and intelligent contractor. I would (and most likely will) hire Mr. Gauthier for future projects. I have recommended him to a close friend recently who is considering re-modifications to his home. Do strongly consider him as your contractor. All of the work he did for me was the very best. A contractor visiting my neighbor noticed the new additions and asked who did the work. He said the work was excellent and stated more than once how impressed he was with the quality.

Description of Work
Replaced roof (shingles). Removed 2 layers of old shingles. Replaced siding. Built 20'x10' addition with large windows installed. Addition included basement. Replaced complete deck an provided a beautiful design for us. He also updated three bathrooms for us including new flooring. Other things not included in contract like new stairs leading out of garage, a pleasant surprise for us.

Category decks,remodeling,roofing,siding,replacement windows,woodworking,home remodeling,basement remodeling

So often in our business people start off a customers and become close friends. Love you guys. Hope to see you soon.

09/30/2016

Pam & RIch S.

He was extremely prompt, throughly, precise and left the work area clean.

Description of Work
He raises and replaced a small roof incuding installing a door

Category roofing,woodworking,doors

Thanks again. We had a blast working with you. Looking forward to future projects.