Golden Group Construction Corp.

Founded 2009 • With Angi since September 2014

CSSL-106011
Massachusetts
Massachusetts: Contractors - Public Safety
06/02/2023

276 Turnpike Rd

WESTBOROUGH, MA 01581

Our highly trained & experienced roofers offer expert advice on Your roofing systems, with a step-by-step process through the entire project. Our reputation for quality, honesty & professional service, makes us the easy choice for all your roofing needs. Fully Licensed & Insured / Free Consultation & Responsive Service / 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed. Detailed Outlined Estimate with each consultation. Financing available for as low as $99 a month. No Money Down Until Start Of Project. All construction Crew members are factory certified and Trained quarterly by our Manufacturer. GAF Master Elite President’s Club National Award Winner. ...

roofing (161)skylight installation (15)roof snow removal (20)gutter repair (9)chimney repair (7)roof cleaning (4)siding companies (3)

10/19/2021

Lisa S.

We chose Golden Group Construction because they replaced our neighbor's roof a few months earlier so I had watched them work and watched the clean-up. Our large skylight was damaged and began leaking after Tropical Storm Elsa in July, and we had a battle with our insurance company which delayed hiring a roofing contractor. We asked 3 roofing contractors for proposals. Xavier was terrific; he paid close attention to the particular problems of our very old house (1899), he recommended the new Velux solar skylight and explained the tax rebate, the proposal was correct. We asked him about replacing some leaking gutters and rotted facia boards, he added that quickly. We had to wait a while for the new skylight to come in, it was delayed because of COVID. And then they scheduled us quickly. The crew showed up on time, they worked very hard and did excellent work. The quality of the workmanship was excellent. Xavier thought our roof had 2 layers of asphalt shingles. Once they started tearing off the old roof they discovered 3 layers! That wasn't a problem, no upcharge. Xavier was able to schedule the gutter fabricator come a few days in advance to drop off the gutters so I could paint them on the ground (our trim is not white) before installation, which saved us hiring a house painter just for that. They did a great job cleaning up, which is unusual for a roof replacement (I had a very bad experience with a previous house I owned). They were so careful, there was no damage at all to the exterior of our house or our landscaping. They provided us with very detailed written instructions to prepare our house in advance. That was very helpful. We used their 18 month no-interest financing, which was really important because we were not planning ahead to replace the roof and we could apply for their financing and get approval very quickly. Much more quickly than if we'd applied for a home equity line of credit (that would have taken 6 weeks). I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replace our entire roof, replace skylight, replace flashing, replace some gutters.

Work Completed On 09/23/2021

04/27/2020

Francis J.

Recently had a roof replacement done. They were very good about carefully explaining the project, costs and schedule; ans showed obvious knowledge of what they are doing. Their estimate was about equal with others we got, but with the 4% discount for paying cash/check, turned out to be substantially less. They kept us informed throughout the permitting process until installation day. The clean-up was immaculate - we found a total of 3 nails after they left. Not bad! We had a minor leak issue around flashing after the job and they were out within 3 hours of our call to fix it. Would recommend them for sure.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Category roofing, chimney repair

Work Completed On 05/20/2020

09/23/2019

Karen M.

I am a person who did a lot of reading of reviews and had multiple quotes done ahead of this project. I was impressed by how patient Greta and team were with my questions and clarifications in the contract. They made sure we were comfortable with the plan and we appreciated this up front. The work was done to strip and lay down the roof in about 2 days. The gutters took a little longer to be done since they were backordered (large 6”). The price was competitive, communication was great (and was awesome to be able to email) the work was done with good quality and we are super happy with the results. We had a few minor follow ups to finish the gutter and they sent people out right away and treated the finishing of the job with care. I highly recommend Golden.

Description of Work
Full roof and gutter replacement.

09/15/2019

Rosanne E.

Xavier was very nice, professional, and provided a lot of great information for the roofing estimate. I appreciated being proactively provided with copies of their master elite certification as well as their certificates of insurance, at the estimate. The estimate was well detailed and clear on what you were getting and from what Xavier told me, they go out of their way to ensure the homeowner is comfortable with the work they're doing (i.e. show proof of the materials being put onto the house, pictures of rotten board if it needs to be replaced, etc.). The follow-up questions I sent the company on the estimate were answered in a timely manner. And the estimate was a reasonable price. With over 70 google reviews and a 5.0 rating, I regret not hiring Golden Group to do our roof. The only reason I didn't is the company I did end up hiring, if they did a good job, could also do our hardy siding project and new windows. If I had to do it all over again, I would have chosen Golden Group to do our roof instead.

Description of Work
Replacement of roof on the front of the house and the back porch

Work Completed On 09/15/2019

11/26/2018

Nina V.

I am long overdue in righting this and apologize for the one year delay. This was the best and easiest project I have ever done on my house. Freddy from Golden Group was very knowledgeable and helpful. He showed up quoted the work that needed to be done and added work that should be done just because it was easier to do it all now instead of coming back in a few months. They pointed out problems I did not see and quoted me a great price on the spot. They scheduled me on the next clear day and they came in did the work. I had complete roof replacement with multiple valleys etc. They stayed and finished until it was dusk setting the last piece of ridge vent. The cleanup was impeccable. I am still singing the praises of Golden Group and my exceptional experience with them. They did not pressure, over sell or under deliver. They just came in evaluated the work to be done, quoted the job and did it. That simple.

Description of Work
Complete roof replacement in mid-December

Work Completed On 12/13/2017

11/01/2018

Bruce S.

The roofing man - Fabian - showed up on time and was courteous and professional. Price charged was fair and a bit below a couple of other bids.

Description of Work
Ridge vent

Work Completed On 09/22/2018

10/03/2018

Mark L.

We thought a section of our roof was deteriorating, and might need repair or replacement. Freddy from Golden Group was very knowledgeable and helpful. He looked at our situation and said he didn't think any repair was needed, but rather just some power washing, for which he recommended another company. He answered all our questions about the roof in a very understandable way.

Description of Work
Assessment of our roof condition and possible repair/replacement

Work Completed On 10/03/2018

09/24/2018

Gerard W.

very good. This contractor was the best I personally every dealt with. Held price and knew job was time sensitive. Arrived and completed within the reasonable time and crew always had management there and were very good at their job. I would hire again.

Description of Work
stripping off old roof shingles and installing new Architecture shingles

Work Completed On 09/17/2018

08/31/2018

Rob B.

They delivered the pallet of materials the day before the job ...the next day everyone showed up dumpster came they settled in got thier equipment ready bout tarp went over the house and they got to work busting thier butt only to take a 15min to half hour break and continued on they was nice and professional and they Job got don't in 7 hours from 7:30 -2:30 and even cleaned everything up I would highly recommend them

Description of Work
Brand new roof

Work Completed On 08/04/2018

08/17/2018

Valerie B.

Freddie patiently explained the process and costs to us, and made sure we knew exactly how the work would be done and what we were paying for. Work was performed on time for the quoted price. The team arrived on a blustery March day and worked straight through the cold, unpleasant, conditions. Still the job took only two days and the crew did a fine job of cleaning up under the circumstances (very windy). Since then, we've had a lot of wind and rain, but no problems.

Description of Work
Shingle entire roof

Work Completed On 08/17/2018

07/30/2018

Jean B.

This company was a pleasure to work with. They were so neat You felt the sincerity when Freddie said "once your roof is done it is my roof" so you knew that they would follow up in case of any issues at all. Also the communication when getting back to you either by phone or email was prompt which is so important!! I am a seasoned home owner and know a good company when I see one!! I have already posted on my face book referring them to friends! Jean Becker

Description of Work
Re-roofing.

Work Completed On 07/30/2018

07/04/2018

Maureen H.

Golden Group did a great job overall. Freddy and Greta did a good job at explaining how the job would proceed, gave us references for their work, and did the job faster than quoted. They installed a GAF Timberline roof system. We also had extra soffit vents installed as well as some zinc strips. We purchased the Golden Pledge 25 yr Workmanship Warranty. The total cost for the job was $11,475. They removed all of the existing shingles and did some minor repair (included in the quote-no surprises) installed the vents and zinc strips. Cleanup was good. They handled the permitting. Our town's inspector questioned the chimney flashing, so, I contacted GG they explained their process directly to the inspector who was satisfied and signed off. GG understands their business. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
New roof for our home

Work Completed On 04/17/2018

06/26/2018

Robert P.

I grade them 10 out of 10. The are professional - excellent work. I recommend them on all phases of the project.

Description of Work
New roof to replace 30 yr old roof

Work Completed On 06/08/2018

06/20/2018

Sawyer K.

Wow, I can't say enough about the work Golden Group Roofing did today replacing the roof on our home. We were already very pleased with their detailed quote and fair price, prior to work beginning, but today they really showed what an amazing company they are. They showed up 10 minutes early and got right to work. Their workmanship was meticulous, as we could see exactly what they were doing from the third floor room in our upstairs that looks out over the roof. Everything was done precisely, with attention to detail and great care. They worked until 8pm and finished the job in one day. They also cleaned up the work space perfectly when the job was complete. If you need a new roof, we HIGHLY recommend this wonderful, local business!

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 06/20/2018

06/19/2018

MARJAN K.

The Golden Group team members were prompt, hardworking, professional, and responsive.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 06/19/2018

06/19/2018

Sean C.

Golden Group installed new shingles and roof windows on my house in May2018. Communication before and after was great. The team that came to our house was done in one day. They were all friendly and helpful. We found one minor mistake during the final walkthrough that they fixed right away. Great job! Highly recommended.!.!.

Description of Work
House needed to have roof shingled.

Work Completed On 05/21/2018

06/09/2018

Paul O.

Excellent service, great deal! Freddy is great! Very knowledgable, trust worthy, and responsive. I highly recommend his company!

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 06/09/2018

06/01/2018

John M.

The job was executed perfectly by Golden Group. The jwork was completed with very high-quality workmanship, on time, with no increase in cost from the quotation. This contractor has a large team of skilled roofing technicians who are very well-equipped and very experienced. The job went very smoothly installation was beautiful and there were no collateral damages to windows or siding. Contractor did an excellent job of cleaning up after the work was performed. All roofing materials used met specifications and came shrink-wrapped and palletized in a very professional manner. The entire roofing crew was extremely polite and worked very hard and was a pleasure to interact with. I would have given them an A+ if Angie’s list scorecard went that high. This is the best contractor I ever used.

Description of Work
New roof installation

Work Completed On 05/05/2018

05/23/2018

Elizabeth P.

Greta and Freddy have put a great team together. Our roof was replaced in one day and included cutting a ridge vent and replacing some fascia boards. The yard was left spotless. Two of our neighbors expressed how impressed they were with the company. One claims he will be contacting Golden Group for a roof replacement. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Roof and some trim board replaced.

Work Completed On 04/30/2018

05/04/2018

Daniel M.

Dennis was foreman, he kept the whole process flowing and kept me informed of any issues throughout the day. Their process was as described when quoted and they did do some repairs which made the job look even better when finished. Upon completion they cleaned up the yard and swept for any loose metal or nails. They also cleaned the gutters and downspouts and replaced the gutter guards which I did not expect. Just very pleased at the work and professionalism of the company and would recommend without question..

Description of Work
Roof replacement - old and worn shingles

Work Completed On 05/03/2018

04/30/2018

DONALD M.

They repaired a leak from ice dam and did it in a week during the winter. Awesome.

Description of Work
Roof leak repair during winter

Work Completed On 02/22/2018

03/14/2018

Barbara S.

We are very pleased with our new roof and with the service and attention from Freddy and Greta. The entire team from beginning to end was professional, responsive, and efficient. Their pricing for the new roof was also very competitive. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Entire new roof replacement on 25 year old house

Work Completed On 02/21/2018