CD Plastering

Founded 1984 • With Angi since September 2010

195 Willow St

West Roxbury, MA 02132

I am Con Doherty, the owner of CD Plastering. With over 30 years of experience, 5 years in Ireland and 25 years in Boston, I have been honored to serve Boston and surrounding areas. I lead every project and use no subcontractors. I take pride in my work as I know that my company is built on reputation. Please call 617-233-9402 with any project inquiries....

plastering (85)drywall (40)stucco (1)

01/08/2021

Nick D.

Excellent, strongly recommend. Showed up Exact time he promised, very pleasant, nice and professional. Very clean and very safely prepared the kitchen. All appliances floor and cabinets were all covered with protective plastic and card board. I was promised 7:30am finish by 1:30pm He came at:7:30 and finish by 1:00pm My family want to thank him for doing such great job. 100%Satisfied....Thank you

Description of Work
Kitchen Ceiling water damage(Drywall)

Work Completed On 01/08/2021

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review ,I do appreciate it. Con

06/23/2020

George D.

As a retired project executive for a commercial construction management company, I was very impressed with the care that Con took to protect all the surrounding areas. I was also impressed with the care he took when applying the corner beads. He made sure that they aligned perfectly on the adjacent skylights and windows. Overall, he did the super job, and the plastering itself looks great.

Description of Work
Plastering of drywall returns on two large skylights and two windows

Work Completed On 06/23/2020

Thank you very much for the review,I appreciate it. Con.

05/25/2020

Josie H.

I had 3 Angie's list pros give us an estimate. All were prompt and professional and fair in pricing for what they were going to do. We chose CD Plastering because Con seemed to get what we really wanted which was to get the walls ready to paint. Con and his helper, Mike, came on time and worked continuously all day. They took 2 breaks which didn't total 30 min! They cleaned up everything and took it with them. Con came back 2 days later to lightly sand the walls. We have asked for an estimate from him to smooth plaster all our textured walls and touch up some ceilings. Highly recommend CD Plastering.

Description of Work
Plaster and patch family room walls and smooth texture stair walls

Work Completed On 05/21/2020

07/17/2019

alan A.

We contacted Con Doherty about needed plaster work due to water damage on the ceiling and wall of two rooms. He came at once and gave us a quote and returned a few days later, exactly when promised, to do the work. He is careful to prepare and later clean up perfectly, unlike our experience with another plasterer. We are completely satisfied with the work. Moreover, Con is a pleasant person who is very enjoyable to meet and work with. We recommend him completely with no reservations.

Description of Work
plastering ceiling and wall due to water damage

Work Completed On 07/15/2019

07/15/2019

Amanda S.

Con was quick to respond, incredibly professional and he and his team were super hard working. Their work is meticulous and his price was fair. Our ceilings and walls all came out beautiful! Wish I had a reason to hire them again!

Description of Work
We needed to replace a basement ceiling before putting our house on the market. We also had some walls that needed to be closed up.

07/01/2019

Lindsay R.

Con was wonderful to work with. He was friendly and professional, worked around our schedules, and completed the job quickly. We just purchased an older home that needed a lot of TLC to be ready to paint and he knew exactly how to handle the many imperfections that we weren't even sure how to address. He patched up the entire house in one day and did a beautiful job. We were amazed by how smooth and easy this process was. Very good price and worth every penny! Very highly recommended!

Description of Work
Drywall repair/plastering

Work Completed On 06/21/2019

06/28/2019

Kimberly M.

I would like to give A+ to Con in every category. He did a fantastic job.

Description of Work
Plastering and repair

Work Completed On 06/27/2019

Thank you for the review,I appreciate it. Con

06/16/2019

Drew N.

CON IS A ROCKSTAR PLASTER CONTRACTOR!!! I reached out to Con to smooth out the old textured ceilings in my loft apartment. It was a job that I could never see myself being able to pull off. He was able to fit me into his schedule and had the work done in two days... a scratch coat and a final skim coat. He was clean and neat, protecting the floors and walls entirely from the work. The end result is fantastic, and my ceilings are smoother than a baby's bottom! Con was quick to respond to a small error in his work, and came out the following day to patch it. He even gave me some advice on a future project a few months later. I've had my fair share of bad experiences with contractors, but Con was truly a breath of fresh air!! He blew them all out of the water! Best $$ I've ever spent in my life!!

Description of Work
Plaster old textured ceilings

Work Completed On 01/12/2019

Review for CD Plastering - 195 Willow St, West Roxbury, MA - 37933453

Thank you for the review,I appreciate it .It really helps to keep me busy. Thanks Con

02/25/2019

Douglas T.

Working with Con was excellent. Very responsive and considerate. Every contractor that entered my basement after him gave unsolicited complements about the quality of the work. I feel like I really lucked out finding CD Plastering and would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Plastering for my basement renovation

Work Completed On 01/25/2019

01/31/2019

James W.

Con was prompt in responding to my call and came the next day to give an estimate on ceiling and wall repairs which covered two floors. Throughout the process, Con was very professional and responsive. He laid down paper and plastic sheeting to protect everything and removed all debris afterward. I would definitely hire Con again for future plastering needs.

Description of Work
Patch over ceiling and wall holes following plumbing repairs.

Work Completed On 01/30/2019

07/11/2018

Raja H R B.

Con and his team could not have done a better job. Will call them each time!

Description of Work
Plastering new stairway and walls.

Work Completed On 07/02/2018

05/21/2018

Erik J.

Con and his team simply cannot be beat. They were flexible with working around other construction, responsive to inquiries, ready with updates, and the work is flawless. If you're dreading having plaster work done on your home, go with CD Plastering, and be amazed at how quickly and professionally the work is done!

Description of Work
Plaster repair and replacement on 8 ceilings

Work Completed On 05/20/2018

04/26/2018

Cameron S.

I would hire Con 10x over. He came over and gave me an estimate the same day I initially called him. His pricing was very fair. He smoothed out the walls and ceiling on a stairwell as well as the ceiling in a hallway. There was zero dust, he was respectful of my house, arrived on time to do the work and I trusted he and his partner alone in my house. I would highly recommend him!

Description of Work
Outdated textured walls were smoothed out

Work Completed On 04/20/2018

11/28/2017

Michael E.

Excellent! This is the second time we've used Con and have found him to be professional, polite, meticulous, and very clean. He is extremely respectful of your home - you'd actually never know a messy job was just completed!

Description of Work
Plastering various ceiling and wall sections.

Work Completed On 11/27/2017

11/16/2017

Patricia J.

It went great .Con was very professional and nice . Did a wonderful job. Would recommend him and use him again

Description of Work
Plastering a basement ceiling

Work Completed On 11/16/2017

10/11/2017

Jennifer G.

Wonderful work. These guys are magicians with plaster, very courteous, and reasonably priced. Will definitely call on them again.

Description of Work
Skim coated walls and ceiling in one room; repaired a few cracks throughout the house.

Work Completed On 09/14/2017

Thank you for the review,I appreciate it very much. Con

09/03/2017

John H.

Fantastic experience. Professional throughout. High quality work. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Patch / replace portion of a ceiling over a high staircase that had water damage. Blueboard and plaster.

Work Completed On 05/22/2017

07/09/2017

Robert K.

Extremely hard working dedicated contractor. Con was a pleasure to deal with. Very professional and straight shooter, and the work was exceptional. We ran into a problem with one section of wall under a window that needed to be cut out and replaced, and Con treated that as part of the original work. I can't recommend any higher, and he is my go to guy for anything in the future.

Description of Work
Skim coated entire first floor, of house, including kitchen, dining room, living room, three bedrooms and foyer entry way, and patching a kitchen ceiling. Work needed to be done after wallpaper was removed to prep the walls for painting.

Work Completed On 11/14/2016

05/04/2017

Michelle C.

Con Doherty is exceptional! Con is both professional and friendly. His work is great, and priced well within reason! From beginning to end Con was organized, neat/clean, meticulous and precise. I particularly appreciated him calling to update me on when he would be able to come, and also calling the night before to reconfirm the time of his arrival for that next day. I would highly recommend his services, and would definitely hire him again myself in the future. Thank you Con!

Description of Work
I needed a new living room ceiling, and a crack to an interior support wall filled in/repaired.

Work Completed On 05/02/2017

04/26/2017

Charles G.

He did a beautiful job. He is a friendly person and he is pleasant to deal with. Con gives you his cell phone number. He answers right away when he can otherwise he calls you back shortly. It is very nice to work with a contractor that communicates well and does the work on the day & time he says he will do it.

Description of Work
Con covered our whole kitchen ceiling with blue board then applied 1/8 inch skim coat over the entire work. He also patched and skimmed a lot of areas on our walls.

Work Completed On 04/26/2017

04/24/2017

Mike N.

I got three reasonable bids from companies that seemed qualified, and I would have been comfortable hiring any of the three. CD was a little bit cheaper, and a little quicker to respond to my questions, so I chose them. The work was performed exactly according to their schedule, and they left the room looking good, clean and ready to be painted. I am completely satisfied.

Description of Work
The ceiling in one bedroom had to be rebuilt because of water damage. About half the ceiling had actually collapsed.

Work Completed On 03/01/2017

04/11/2017

Anne G.

I found Con through Angie's list. He came promptly (same day since he was working nearby) to give me an estimate. He reviewed the project carefully, gave me an estimate and overview of what was needed and what the options were. We hired him to do the work, he came a couple weeks later as scheduled, did the work as promised. Con (CD plastering) did a terrific job.

Description of Work
One of our bedroom ceiling's was damaged due to a leak in the roof. As a result, the whole ceiling had to be replaced.

Work Completed On 04/03/2017

03/27/2017

Paul S.

Con did a great job. He is very professional and quality of work was excellent. He took the time to prepare the area. When the job was completed, Con cleaned the area. He is very responsive to calls and texts and always kept me updated on the work. I will definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Replaced popcorn celling in living room and hallway.