The Demolition Man LLC - Massachusetts Demolition

Founded 2001 • With Angi since April 2012

4.2

528 Prospect St

West Boylston, MA 01583

The Demolition Man LLC Demolition specializes in Kitchen, Bath, and Interior renovations in Massachusetts and New England. Our Demolition services offer a Clean and Green approach ensuring your Demolition job is efficiently completed with minimal mess. Our company offers a completely unique

08/16/2020

Isabelle K.

At first I was very happy to find Maurice Edwards who offered a free estimate on my property on 107 Main St. Darby, PA 19023. He gave me a fair price, we agreed to sign the contract and I paid him the down payment. He quickly went back on his word as soon as he had me locked in the contract and my money in his pocket. Although we agreed on a price, he raised it after the contract was signed. I told him to hold the job until a price was agreed on. Although he guaranteed to return the down payment if anything changed, he has refused to return my money. Now I am short money and no demolition work was done. I am the victim of this man’s deceit and dishonesty. It is an absolute shame that he is taking advantage of people during a pandemic. I am sure this is not the first or the last time he does this, if you have any questions I can personally confirm this information at Isabelle.kaldes@gmail.com

Description of Work
Demolition

Category Uncategorized

10/04/2015

Brian M.

Totally non-responsive. Sent two requests via Angie's List - no response at all. I assume this guy is no longer on Angie's List?

Description of Work
Totally non-responsive. Sent two requests via Angie's List - no response at all. Still have heard nothing.

12/30/2014

Zeyu L.

wrote the message and attached with pictures, but no answers afterwards.

Description of Work
demo interior walls.

08/03/2014

Jay R.

This was a multi-phase demolition project in advance of a major renovation of a 3 story, two family house. As the renovation moved from phase to phase, Randy promptly assessed the work and gave us a competitive bid. When it proved difficult to get a dumpster onsite Randy's crew adapted and trucked the bagged debris to an offsite dumpster. It was the first time I had worked with The Demolition Man and they exceeded expectations. They were professional in every way and I appreciated how Randy was always available to coordinate details of this project and keep me informed.

Description of Work
Randy initially took out a 3 story interior brick chimney, on time and on budget. In the 2nd phase he did interior demolition in 2 apartments with multiple rooms, baths and kitchens and a 2nd interior brick chimney. The crew did a great job protecting interior features, like the hardwood floors, that were not part of the demo. Neighbors had expressed some concerns about noise and dust in advance of the work but the crew maintained an orderly and safe work site that left no room for complaints.

Category remodeling, dumpster service, home remodeling

06/29/2014

Amy W.

Randy (owner) was very responsive to multiple forms of communication, from email to calls to text messages. His office coordinator was always very polite. Randy showed up the day requested on time and ready to work with his crew, all of whom I found to be very polite, courteous, and hard working. I was on site all day doing other work around the house, which was a new purchase, and the guys frequently asked if I needed a hand during their breaks. We're going to be doing other demo work in the future and would definitely hire The Demolition Man (Randy) again. He was well worth every penny. Of note, there were several instances where Randy needed to go the hardware store to get supplies to properly finish the job. I offered to pay for these supplies and he refused, stating it was part of the job quoted. Honest, honest work.

Description of Work
Demo and remove lime plaster ceilings from basement and insulation from attic.

06/18/2014

Chris L.

I used the website to contact the company and got a call from Randy, the vice president, to determine the nature of my job. He responded to texts regularly, answered questions, and quickly found a time to come and do the work. He was a terrific project manager, did what he said he would do, showed up on time and worked carefully. On day one, Randy and Mike prepped our home for demolition work. They covered the carpet, surrounded the work area with plastic, turned their filters on, and got to work removing dry wall. They removed piece after piece until all the studs were exposed, then they cleaned up thoroughly. When they came back to finish the job, they worked the same way, carefully, thoroughly and neatly. Everything was clean when they left, the ceiling was intact and they did everything we asked. We could not have asked for a more responsive, professional, and competent team.

Description of Work
Removed four walls changing a kitchen and two bedrooms into one open kitchen/dining/living space.

10/02/2013

Corinna M.

Excellent. I have never met a contractor who is more professional, more competent and more responsive than Randy. I can't say enough good things about him and his crew, including Audress (office manager, etc). Randy was very responsive and available throughout the whole process (not just in the initial proposal - which was our experience with other contractors). He explained the demolition process well, how we can save money, what he can do to help us. His bid, although not the lowest, was very competitive, and the best value for the service they offer. I was very happy that we had the opportunity of working with him. When we finally were able to schedule the work, Randy asked if they can set up a business day prior to the actual work. It was nice to work with someone who plans really well and is very organized. Randy came by on Friday, to bring some of the equipment they will be using, as well as to walk through the project with us again and to make sure that he has answered all our questions. He and Audress also prepared a list of dumpster rentals that they have worked with in the past, which were very reasonably priced. The work began on time and ended a day earlier (can't beat that!). Each day, Randy will send us an email to recap the day's work and to let us know how they're progressing. He answers emails very quickly and made sure that we are happy with what we see. The crew kept our dust exposure to a minimum with their negative air machine and air filtration setups. They also put a tarp near the door to minimize dust going out of the 2nd unit. They also cleaned up after each day. We also like that they are environmentally friendly and will recycle. For example, we were able to save the bricks from our chimneys and we are planning to use this for our fence. They are also an EPA lead-safe certified firm.

Description of Work
The Demolition man provided the following services: a. removal of 2 chimneys b. Selective demolition of 1500 sq ft unit (2/3F) and stairwell areas c. clean up d. coordination with dumpster company and with carpenter Lead-safe certified and environmentally friendly :-)

07/29/2013

Jeffrey K.

He never called back when we asked for a quote.

Description of Work
Never called back

Category remodeling

I am sorry we never returned your call. This could have happened for many reasons however based on your review date it is my belief I was on vacation at the time. Please accept our apologies for not returning your call. I don't believe a F score is necessary considering we did no work for you but I do understand your frustration.

01/23/2013

Susan C.

Very well. Responsiveness + accountancy was excellent, as was actual work.

Description of Work
Demolition of old bathroom.

Category hauling services, remodeling, dumpster service, home remodeling

07/31/2012

Ray C.

I learned of Randy through the tiler who commented that he was unfamiliar with Randy's work but was struck by how professional he sounded by phone. Upon meeting Randy, I found the tiler's impression of him to be accurate. From the beginning, Randy was professional, considerate, attentive, and conscientious. He arrived on time and the work was completed as promised within the scheduled day. Both Randy and I were surprised by the extent of the cement dust. I received a quote from a post-construction cleaner for an obscene amount ($680). Randy too was appalled by this and offered to do the clean-up for less than half the price. I accepted. I was pleased by Randy's professionalism yet again and the timeliness and quality of his work.

Description of Work
Randy Ekstrom (aka The Demolition Man) and his associate demolished the flooring in my kitchen in order to permit the installation of new granite tile. Randy was tasked with removing the existing flooring down to the underlying wood planks. The job was challenging owing to the fact that the old flooring was thick and complicated in nature consisting of terra cotta tiling, a mud bath type installation, and a metal screen. Removal appeared to be labor intensive necessitating considerable pounding and the use of power tools. Cement dust was extensive throughout the house even though Randy masked the majority of the kitchen leaving. In the end Randy stayed until ~10 PM to ensure that the demolition was complete pending new tile installation the following day.

Category hauling services, remodeling, dumpster service, home remodeling

CertaPro Painters of Shrewsbury, MA

With every house painting project, we're committed to providing the highest quality work and professional painting service in the area. Residential painting or commercial painting, we're dedicated to the process of certainty – of a job well done

Award 2022
    Smart Painting Service Inc.

With owner-operated, SMART PAINTING SERVICE INC serves all locations across the Massachussetts, providing the best services around for the last 8 years! *Interior/Exterior Painting *Finish Carpentry *Laminate/Ceramic/Tile Installations Call now for free estimate! (508)215-8208

D and B Painting Inc

Check, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal
    Satisfaction

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about The Demolition Man LLC - Massachusetts Demolition

How is The Demolition Man LLC - Massachusetts Demolition overall rated?

The Demolition Man LLC - Massachusetts Demolition is currently rated 4.2 overall out of 5.

What payment options does The Demolition Man LLC - Massachusetts Demolition provide

The Demolition Man LLC - Massachusetts Demolition accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal

Does The Demolition Man LLC - Massachusetts Demolition offer free estimates?

Yes, The Demolition Man LLC - Massachusetts Demolition offers free project estimates.

Does The Demolition Man LLC - Massachusetts Demolition offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, The Demolition Man LLC - Massachusetts Demolition offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does The Demolition Man LLC - Massachusetts Demolition offer emergency services?

Yes, The Demolition Man LLC - Massachusetts Demolition offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by The Demolition Man LLC - Massachusetts Demolition?

No, The Demolition Man LLC - Massachusetts Demolition does not offer warranties.

What services does The Demolition Man LLC - Massachusetts Demolition offer?

The Demolition Man LLC - Massachusetts Demolition offers the following services: Clean and Green Demolition Services We Provide Because every customer is an individual and every project is unique, The Demolition Man is willing to accommodate our customers' every need. If your need is not described below, please contact us and we will work to ensure the success of your project. Residential Remodeling Office Buildings Retail Locations Shopping and Strip Malls Resturaunts Hospitals Schools Interior Guts Selective De