PRENDERGAST OIL

Founded 1935 • With Angi since June 2006

PO BOX 175

Watertown, MA 02471

Ensure that your home is comfortable with HVAC services and oil sales from Prendergast Oil Company, Inc. in Watertown, Massachusetts. Be prepared for a long, cold winter by signing up for heating oil delivery to your home or business. In addition to fuel delivery, we install, maintain, and repair heating systems, furnaces, and boilers. We are also available to help you stay cool in the summer months with installation, maintenance, and repair of air conditioning systems. As a second-generation, family-owned-and-operated business, we pride ourselves on quality and consistent service. Our motto is simple: we aim to not only meet your needs, but surpass them....

07/30/2020

Galen V.

Tom came out to do an assessment of our project, which would have likely been a $20-30k project. He spent quite a bit of time with me and explained all the options and trade-offs. He asked for a few days to get me a quote. When I didn't hear from him after 6 days, I emailed him. When I still didn't hear from him after another week, I called and left a voicemail with his assistant/operator. It's been over 2 weeks and no response. He didn't seem like a bad guy, but this is a terrible way to run a business and treat prospective clients. I've given up on Prendergast. If they're too busy for this job, they could simply reach out and say "sorry, we can't take on new work now", which other contractors have done. Then I'd keep them in mind for future work.

Description of Work
Central AC install

09/05/2018

Matthew K.

The technician came out and quickly determined what happened. He fully explained how the system worked and why the problem had happened. He also explained how to fix it on my own so I didn’t need to have anyone come out. The tech also did a quick check of the whole system to ensure there weren’t any other potential issues.

Description of Work
My AC system was out in the summer. It was hot and I couldn’t get it started.

08/25/2017

LYNN C.

It's $650 for a year. They come out twice, and then if anything is wrong, they also come out.

Description of Work
They do checkups. We have a service contract with them for twice a year.

08/04/2017

Victoria D.

Harry was awesome. There were some hiccups with my building's maintenance folks, and he took it all in stride. It was a totally annoying situation, and not only did he fix the problem, he made it bearable for me as well. I actually have no idea how much this visit will cost me, but I can tell you it will be worth every penny. (Reserve the right to edit that last part when I see the bill ;-)

Description of Work
My AC broke on a hot Friday afternoon, and the maintenance man hadn't been able to resolve the issue. He called another provider, who said they could come on Monday. No way! I immediately went Angie's list and an hour later Harry from Prendergast was at my door. Problem solved.

05/04/2017

Diane D.

He was fabulous. He came right down and took care of the problem. His prices are very reasonable. The owner and his staff are very, very professional and friendly. I have recommended him to many friends and relatives. This is an excellent company.

Description of Work
I was without heat and he replaced a part and got my heat working again very quickly.

Category heating oil companies

04/04/2017

Hongmyung L.

Excellent. I called for a boiler problem and could schedule an appointment next morning. Brandon showed up on time and was very professional. He meticulously assessed issues, clearly explained what he knew and couldn't figure out, came up with a solution and tried his best to get the part/have it installed as quickly as possible. Their office was also very accessible - I called twice and could talk to the owner each time. If I have a boiler problem in the future I wouldn't hesitate to give them a call again.

Description of Work
Boiler repair

02/07/2017

Ted T.

Awesome. These folk were all business. Took care of of the conversion, answered all questions and reignited my faith in humanity. They were on time and professional. the pricing was great and informed me of rebates. Would I use them again? I am. They are coming over Thursday to change my thermostat to digital.

Description of Work
Oil to Gas Conversion.

10/23/2016

Donald O.

We had a set appointment, but Harry and Dave (yes, Harry & David) showed up a little early. No problem, they just waited in the truck for 5 minutes as I drove from a nearby location. When looking at the furnace they explained that this type of burner is old - you probably won't get a blue flame from it. And they said that it would likely make it through the winter with no problem. There was no upsell. They cleaned out and tuned up the furnace; resealed the boiler door; and checked the efficiency. They also tested both heating zones.

Description of Work
On a 70 year old furnace, the flame was burning yellow, no longer blue, and it appeared to be only on one side.

07/11/2016

Jena G.

I really like them. I have used them for eight years.

Description of Work
I use Prendergast. I used them for an annual tune-up for the furnace.

07/23/2015

Douglas M.

Professional, prompt and polite. Price seemed reasonable. Seemed to be a good company...this was 3 years ago.

Description of Work
Repaired leak in A/C

Philadelphia Gas & Electric Heating & Air Cond

Philadelphia Gas & Electric Heating and Air Conditioning has more than 55 years in the HVAC business in Philadelphia, and is proud to serve eastern Montgomery County and parts of Bucks County, including: Willow Grove, Horsham, Cheltenham, Abington, & Surrounding Communities. Our main focus in the HVAC industry is service and installation of heating and air conditioning systems for both residential and commercial needs. We do the job right the first time and offer our customers a quality service satisfaction guarantee.

Offers by Philadelphia Gas & Electric Heating & Air Cond on Angi
    Mouradian Plumbing & Heating

With over 20 years of experience, boiler and water heaters are our specialty. - High Efficiency Boilers -Steam Boilers -Standard Hot Water Boilers - Tankless Water Heaters - Standard Tank Water Heaters

Impresair Environmental Corp

4 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service fees. LICENSE # AC000774. No extra charge for after hours service. Additional contact - Maria Najarro. May contact through email mari50972@hotmail.com, impresair-environmental@gmx.com or by calling at (617) 625-7106, (617) 594-8145 (617) 682 5439 FAX (781) 397-0102.

Offers by Impresair Environmental Corp on Angi

HEATING OIL, CENTRAL AIR CONDITIONING, GAS HOT WATER BOILERS AND FURNACES, BASEBOARD HEAT, RADIANT FLOOR HEAT, POOL HEATERS, ELECTRIC HEAT CONVERSIONS, FILTERS, HUMIDIFIERS, AND OIL TANK INSTALLATION AND REMOVAL.