COSCO LANDSCAPE CO

Founded 1992 • With Angi since May 2003

16 COTTAGE ST.

Watertown, MA 02472

Cosco Landscaping LLC is a locally owned and operated family business who have been servicing Boston and the Metro West areas since 1992. We take pride in providing great services above and beyond our competition, in addition to proving to be affordable in our estimates. Working with all budgets,

08/20/2022

Maureen B.

FANTASTIC! We could not be more pleased with Costco services. The price was very reasonable, and the results were beautiful. The crew was very friendly, hardworking and respectful of us and our neighbors, they cleaned up the property every night as not all companies do. Dominic arrived on time, really listened to our wishes and provided good feedback. We installed a patio and Dominic ensured it flowed beautifully with the garden area. He purchased the plants and bushes we wanted and guided us on the ideal spots for placement. Stone pavers installed professionally in one driveway. We have hired several contractors through the years, and he is the best we have had. We will definitely ask Dominic back for Fall and Spring Clean-up.

Description of Work
Pavers one driveway, asphalt a second driveway, put in patio, plants and bushes front and back yard

Category landscaping, lawn service, masonry, mulch, driveway pavers, hardscaping

09/08/2017

Jade J.

The grass in the backyard is growing after just one week and it looks great! The front yard looks good, too.

Description of Work
Domenic was very responsive in setting up a meeting, giving me an estimate and completing the work very quickly. I hired Cosco to remove a layer of dirt, rocks, and garbage in our backyard after the installation of water tanks in the ground ruined the yard. His team then hauled in loam, prepped the loam and installed seed with fertilizer. They also cut the grass in the front yard, too.

Category lawn service

Thanks so much for giving us this glowing review! We appreciate it and we're happy to provide great service for our customers. Let us know if we can be of any future service.

04/02/2017

MARTHA C.

Cosco's rates are low, but the work done too quickly and ineffectively. I have ground cover in my very small front yard and Cosco was supposed to rake and trim it and the hedges 2x month. It simply wasn't done - I noticed a candy wrapper in the ground cover and I left it there to be sure it was cleaned out the next visit. It wasn't, it was still there two months later and the ground cover was never trimmed - I finally pulled the candy wrapper out and raked the yard myself (I had company coming over) . I told Dominic and he claimed that they had been to my house numerous times and I said that if that were true, they were not doing a good job. I abandoned the 2x monthly appts and said I'd rather pay more for more extensive clean up. After two rounds of fall clean up, the front yard ground cover was still matted with leaves. I called again and said that I couldn't pay the bill until the leaves were actually raked and they never returned to finish the job. I refused to pay until the job was done right and Dominic's team never came back and then he sued me in small claims court. I have hired a new landscaper.

Description of Work
I hired Cosco to do biweekly clean up of my very small front yard.

Category landscaping

[Member Name Removed], We're sorry you weren't happy with the work. It seemed like we could never quite get on the same page despite our best efforts. Your property is a little unusual because there's not a lawn and it's harder to see our efforts and it's so easy for the wind to blow stuff into the bushes on the property in between visits... We wish you the best going forward and we're sorry the service didn't seem to quite meet your expectations. Kind regards, Cosco Landscaping

06/16/2016

Megan M.

Domenic (owner) was amazing. I am a real estate agent and was listing a townhouse in the South End. It was very last minute and when I started calling around, I couldn't find anyone who could do the work. I understood the this was a very busy time for landscapers. When I called Domenic, he explained that they too were so busy, but he said that somehow he would make it work and he did. He was so responsive and nice to deal with and the work was great as well.

Description of Work
General clean up, trimming, and mulching in front and back yard of townhouse in Boston.

10/18/2015

Colleen C.

Dominic provided an estimate for removing damaged walkway surface between driveway and side entrance to the house. Recommended Ideal Pavers once the initial consultation was complete. After selecting desired style and layout, Dominic's team successfully removed damaged materials, leveled the area, re-directed a downspout, installed the new pavers, directing water flow to a new drain. A new Ideal concrete step was installed after the original step design proved to be insufficient. The Cosco installers were professional, timely, cleaned up afer each day, and used their expertise to make the best of some difficult situations during the job.

Description of Work
Installed Walkway

Category concrete repair, landscaping, hardscaping

09/26/2015

Tom G.

Great! They did exactly what we asked, quickly and cleanly. If they keep doing well and remaining responsive at a fair price, we'll keep using them as we get our yard ready!

Description of Work
This is the second time we've used Cosco for some lawn work. The first time, we had them remove some shrubs and a tree stump. This time, they removed our front yard sod and helped prep the soil so we can put in a garden next year. I like them because unlike other landscape contractors we've tried to use, they are responsive and actually do the work.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, tree service

06/24/2015

Julia K.

This company is SUPER. Really really good prices and prompt attention. We have had a small communication issue concerning the trimming of a few of our shrubs, but other than that they go above and beyond from a service perspective. We have a house that is a 2-unit condo, and have adopted Cosco as our primary lawn service vendor. We hope to use them in the winter for snow removal as well. Pleasant to deal with, easy to contact via email, and they do a great job. I love that they are local and care about their neighbors.

Description of Work
We used Cosco for Fall cleanup, Spring cleanup, and have committed to bi-weekly grass cutting.

Category landscaping, lawn service, snow removal

04/26/2015

Joleen W.

The biggest concern was the front brick pathway. It had warped so that ice pooled in spots and water didn't really drain through. They walked me through that all of the pathways were a problem but didn't try to upsell me on the paths that weren't yet buckling (driveway, side of house). They did an excellent job and it held up for the past winter. Because my sidewalk slopes toward the house rather than away, they also let me know that if/when the city gets around to fixing the sidewalks, I will likely need to fix the brick pathway again. I will definitely hire them again for that work. For the cobblestone border, we had a miscommunication about which edges I wanted done. It ended up being more than the original quote due to that, but that's completely understandable. It looks really nice. The one area I was less pleased was the plantings, but that is my fault. I was in a rush and didn't spend enough time communicating what I wanted and just had them pick the plants themselves. The dogwood tree has survived the winter and is about to bloom, so yay! Update in 2016: Held up well during the winter!

Description of Work
Remove three large dead shrubs, relaid a brick pathway, installed cobblestone border, plantings

Category landscaping, masonry, pavers, gravel, tree service

04/16/2015

Jameson H.

I'll be honest - I've had a lot of contractors at my house in the past 6 months and Cosco was by far the worst. Not only did Domenic not show up when he was originally scheduled to, but he never even call to apologize / reschedule. He then just randomly showed up and was poking around the yard when I happened to run into him. As we're talking, he makes it clear he wanted to get out of there as fast as possible, and as I start to try to explain something about the job to him, I literally hear him mumble "oh my god..." Anyway - he also came back as the highest quote for what I'm sure would have been terrible quality work. Would highly recommend not using him

Description of Work
I'll called Cosco about getting sod laid in my back yard

01/02/2015

Howard B.

Extremely well. Very responsive. Wrote a detailed estimate and contract. Provided Liability Insurance information that I requested. Made adjustments with minor changes to contract.

Description of Work
Constructed 100 feet of walkways and outdoor steps

11/05/2014

Martha C M.

He was not responsive to our request for a simple repaving job… he wanted to pitch his more expensive redo. So we went with a different contractor.

Description of Work
He recommended we do more to the driveway than made financial sense.

Category landscaping

We do our best to advise our customers like we would advise a family member. We don't think it was a good idea to do the bare minimum in your case and that you might be wasting money over the longhaul. We hope it worked out well with the other contractor and that you were happy with the service.

10/31/2014

Megan L.

Wonderful - they are excellent.

Description of Work
Landscape activities, freshen up mulch and clean yard.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch

10/31/2014

Joseph S.

Short Form: Cosco Landscaping did fine masonry work, but only so-so fence work. Like many contractors, we had to push them on details they would have rather ignored. They added charges to the final bill without warning. When we disagreed with the charges, Domenic escalated to name calling and threats of property damage instead of listening to what we were saying. Longer form: There were many of the small frustrations and corrections that I expect in dealing with contractors, but they were generally resolved. Eg: The patio was first installed as larger than the size on the diagram. They kept not putting fence posts places where the fence was going to turn. They didn't put the requested pattern of brick on the patio. Most of these were resolved when pointed out. It felt like Domenic was not good at listening to the details we thought were important, and instead wanted to try to make the space roughly match what he thought we wanted, without asking when he was unsure what we wanted. The brickwork on the driveway is nice and was relatively quickly completed. There were delays in the fence install, and the final work was not done until October after starting in July. Then the final bills came. There were over $1k of extra charges, which hadn't been mentioned until the bill, for things that we felt were in the original contract. For example, one charge was $650 for cobblestone edging. Domenic argued that the contract said "plastic edging", but the contract said "edging". We had had discussions on edging both before and after signing the contract, including how we would want stone, and Domenic never said anything like "that will cost about $600 extra", or told us that he hadn't included that in the contract. Domenic's argument for why we should pay appeared to be that he had costs he didn't include in the contract so we should pay them. He didn't argue that he had told us about these costs and what they would be, or that he couldn't have anticipated them and included them in the contract. We felt this was extortionary behavior. I tried to express that we were surprised by these charges, had been under the impression this work was covered by the contract, and expected "extras" to have had their prices disclosed and discussed while the work was ongoing. Domenic reiterated that he had spent money so we should pay for it, then, while sounding progressively more angry, escalated to implying I was naive, calling me unreasonable and difficult to work with*, and threatening to come onto our property and rip out the work he had done. By the time he made this final threat, he was angry enough that we thought there was a real chance he meant it. We offered to pay half of the charges, even though we thought they were not reasonable, because we were clearly not convincing each other. Domenic refused this. He did not offer a counter solution. (He did agree to go so far as to drop $350 of the $1280 extra charges, and claimed that this was a fair compromise because there were four line items and he was dropping two of them.) In the end, we decided to pay his roughly $1k extra bill, because we were tired of fighting with him. *When asked, the only specifics he could cite for why I was difficult to work with were that I took "15 minutes" to make decisions, and that I didn't tell his crew they had the patio size wrong, ie, different than the written diagram, until after they had laid bricks.

Description of Work
We hired Cosco Landscaping to install a new curb cut, driveway, patio, and fences on our property.

Category fencing, landscaping, lawn service, masonry

10/29/2014

Eleanor S.

It went very well. We had a crumbling decaying wood retaining wall (made of railroad ties) in the back yard, and a fence that was in bad shape - it was not a simple job to fix the fence, because it was on a slope with tree roots in the way. We asked Dominic to try to fix it inexpensively - and he did exactly that. We were very pleased with the work. The only (very minor) thing i would say is that sometimes they weren't the best communicators - as to when the job would get done. But they were very good, and i would definitely use them again. Also, we had the job priced by two other companies, and Cosco was the best price.

Description of Work
rebuilt a crumbling wood retaining wall and replaced with new one - also minor repairs to fence

Category fencing, landscaping, tree service, hardscaping

10/25/2014

GLORIAN S.

This is a very professional organization. All the people I had contact with were very good -- friendly, competent, responsive. The owner worked with me to develop a plan for the work, making suggestions but also he listened well and was responsive to my interests. He kept me posted on the progress. The work done was of very high quality, and I am very pleased with the outcome. The only thing I would say is that it took some time to get all done, but I was not really in a rush for completion and placed a higher priority on the quality of the work, which was great.

Description of Work
Put in a new asphalt driveway, added a bluestone walkway, used stones to line part of the driveway, and brought in someone else to grind a tree stump.

10/10/2014

JoAnne C.

These people never responded to my request for an estimate.

Description of Work
These people never responded to my request for an estimate.

Category landscaping

Hi (removed member name), We don't seem to have a record of your request. So sorry, if somehow we missed it. We'd be happy to set up a time to meet and see how we can be of service. Feel free to call the office or to email us.

09/19/2014

Jeff G.

It was clear from the moment I first met him when he came to do the estimate that Dominic Cosco knew what he was talking about. And when his crew showed up to install the new lawn with their bobcat, trucks etc. they started right in with courteous professionalism to do an excellent job. There were four men in the crew - they graded the area, took away unwanted dirt and rocks, put down 2 truckloads of screened loam, rolled it out, put down several layers of seed and fertilizer. They also made recommendations about exactly where to put the landscape timbers and rocks along one side, and then they proceeded to install them. Then they did final grading, and were done in one day, and it really looked good. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Installed a new lawn with landscape timbers and rock wall on one side. Lawn size was about 24' X 24'.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, hardscaping

09/16/2014

Carol S.

I can't say enough good things about Domenic and Cosco Landscaping. This is the 2nd time I've used them (previously they put in a retaining wall and repaved my driveway). Domenic in the field, and Deb in the office, make a winning team. They both respond promptly by phone or e-mail. I thought the prices were very fair and the work excellent. The workers were pleasant and extremely tidy. They put everything back where it was and swept everything clean. Thank you Cosco Landscaping for another great job!

Description of Work
removed existing lawn/weeds, installed sprinkler system,added loam and reseeded

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, hardscaping

08/18/2014

Ilana H.

For insurance purposes, we were required to remove a set (about six) of stone steps at the side of our house, and replace them with up-to-code steps. Because these steps are never seen or used, we were anxious to spend as little as possible. Dom came out within days of our requesting a quote, and quoted an extremely reasonable price for removing the steps (in a very narrow area) and replacing with block and slabs, and then removing the stone from the property. He had said that he'd be able to schedule it within four to six weeks, which would have been fine, but then one day he called to say a job had fallen through and could his crew come that day to start work (this was within about a week of our signing a contract). Work was finished in a about a day and a half. Notably, as the crew arrived, Dom made sure to introduce each person to my husband. We were very impressed with this! After the work was complete, Dom called, because he had found that there was nothing but sand under the bottom step (and very little of that), so he'd had to go buy additional supplies (for $150), and wanted to make sure that it was OK to invoice us for that. We of course said yes! We would gladly use Cosco Landscaping again if we ever have the need, and highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Remove and replace stone stairs.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

08/18/2014

Lydia M.

It is my pleasure to provide a review for Cosco Landscape Co who constructed a driveway/patio in our yard. They provided services in two fronts: 1. professional handling of difficult neighbors. 2. timely and quality workmanship. The workers arrived as scheduled, and when they arrived, we were faced with threatening people across the street to call the police and demanding a permit. Even though we did not need a permit, Jim and Dom decided to wait. It was Jim who showed utmost patience and professionalism that I rarely see among contractors. He kept quiet and consulted with me exclusively without getting involved with others. He also managed to calm and reassure me as he explained whom to contact for a permit. Jim and the crew came back three days later after the city inspector and zone department confirmed that there was no need for a permit for a private property on a private way. Jim and the crew began excavating, and again, they showed great restraint as the neighbors harassed about parking the truck in front of my house. The excavation was completed on the first day. On the second day, again they showed restraint, worked quietly paying attention to their work and finished in a few hours. On the third day, they laid the bricks and installed the border to complete the project. As they left, I paid the balance, following which, the receipt was provided promptly. The completion of this project owes to professionalism of Jim and the crew. They worked in an open communication with me throughout, consulted with me each day to the final touches, even to put up a 'no stopping' sign. My gratitude is to Jim and the crew who made this project simple, quick and satisfactory all around. My overall impression of Cosco is that they are well experienced and able to handle multiple aspects of their work, especially in understand their clients' needs as well as providing an open communication. Yes, I will use them again.

Description of Work
Driveway/Patio construction

Category excavators, landscaping, masonry

08/15/2014

Jodie C.

Domenic and the rest of the Cosco landscaping crew were amazing. My yard now looks spectacular. Domenic is extremely knowledgeable in landscape design and plantings. He was very responsive and thorough. The team did a great job and were a delight to work with. Overall fantastic work and service. I highly recommend Cosco landscaping and design and will be using them for the years to come.

Description of Work
Cosco landscaping completely renovated my backyard and put in many new plantings.

08/05/2014

Alicia A.

Happy, happy happy! Dom and his guys are very professional, prompt, knowledgeable, and price was reasonable. What more could you ask for?

Description of Work
Planted trees and plants.

05/05/2014

Kurian T.

Excellent work and service by Dom and his team. He had good advice on what we should do, was competitive on price and delivered to his commitments. His people were also very good and professional. Great service and great value for money. I would use them again and would certainly recommend them for any sort of landscaping work

Description of Work
Landscaping and replanting of the lawn in the front and back of our house. Took out the existing shrubs and lawn, removed a concrete patch in our front lawn, removed the old soil; put fresh loam and re-seeded the lawn. Also planted new shrubs (azaleas) and put mulch in the other parts of the yard. Did some stone paving work and built a concrete foundation for a shed at the back of the house

04/18/2014

Mary M.

This was great home improvement experience for me. Dom Cosco responded to my phone call quickly and was able to meet with me within a few days. He listened to my plan and gave good advice for improvements and was able send me an estimate in a timely manner. I was always informed about the work plan for the day or week. Throughout the project it was clear that there was good communication between Dom , the office staff, the crew and me. I appreciated not having to repeat instructions or constantly clarifying the plan. Sometimes I'd phone Dom with a question and he would already know what I was talking about because the crew had sent him a photo. The crew was sensational. They worked hard and efficiently, even on the very hot days of summer. Everyone was respectful of my neighbors and me and always did what they said they would do. The crew was obviously a group of skilled workers who were well trained and took pride in the jobs they do. Their workmanship was superb, every detail of the masonry was perfect. They were able to maneuver a bulldozer and other heavy equipment in a fairly tight space without damaging the properties of my neighbors. They transformed an ugly driveway and an ugly,old and cracked concrete sidewalk to beautifully designed and paved ones with attractive pavers. I no longer feel as if I'll trip on the the sidewalk. And, the new paved path leading from my driveway to the back door has made coming and going much easier. The lawn and garden were well designed and carefully planted. The crew even returned afterward for the first mowing of the lawn! Their kindness in sanding and painting the wrought iron banister on my front steps did not go unnoticed. I'm happy to say that my homely yard has been converted to a beautiful one and fits in better in my neighborhood. I'm very pleased with all aspects of the the job done by Cosco Landscaping and feel as if I received very good value for the cost. I would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Removed asphalt driveway; reconfigured driveway and paved it with brick-like pavers Removed concrete curbing around the yard Replaced a old concrete sidewalk with a properly graded one and paved with pavers in a attractive design Graded the yard appropriately, filled with topsoil and planted a lawn Removed a tree and old shrubs Made new garden beds; filled with topsoil and planted new shrubs

Category landscaping, lawn treatment, mulch, hardscaping

04/18/2014

Joanne B.

The guy was excellent. They have been phenomenal and I would rate them highly. I had some medical conditions and they were willing to work with me and nicely. They have excelled in everything. The owner was exceptional and did an excellent job. I would highly recommend them and I can’t think of better things about them. They have been wonderful always. They are honest and show up when they say they would and do the work they say they would and clean up afterwards. I have never had any problems.

Description of Work
I used Cosco Landscape Co for landscaping. I am using them now for one of my other house. They do lawn mowing, fall and spring clean up and cleaned up the debris that somebody knocked out. They also maintain everything for me from cutting the shrubs to making sure all weeds are pulled. I have had a house fire so we had to get some debris and cement moved so they helped me with that too.

Category landscaping, lawn service

Ebenezer Landscape Inc

We are a family company that offers a variety of lawn care, landscaping and outdoor designing services. We are proud to provide services to meet your full satisfaction whether your reside in Framingham, MA or in nearby Metrowest area towns. Whether you are a residential customer, commercial establishment, independent contractor or company, we will provide our best service to satisfy your particular needs. 10 years of experience.

Offers by Ebenezer Landscape Inc on Angi
    MasonWorks LLC

MasonWorks specializes in design and construction of all types of stone and brick patios, walls and walkways, steps, decks and porches, outdoor kitchens and water falls, garden and retaining walls. From the first consultation to the final touches of each job, you will be in excellent hands. With more than three decades of experience, MasonWorks will assist you in every stage of the project, from materials choice to furniture selection. Your dream of owning an elegant and relaxing backyard retreat can become a reality. Family owned. Additional contact name - Jeff Souza. Additional e-mail - jeff@masonworks.me. Angie's List Award winning since 2009. Additional area served- Boston Metro, North sure and West

Award 2022
    Offers by MasonWorks LLC on Angi
    HR Solid Masonry

Locally owned business with over 4 years of experience. Passionate about serving our local community and continuing to deliver great customer service. Feel free to call or text with questions regarding your projects. Look forward to working with you on your home.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Full service landscape maintenance and landscape construction including masonry for patios, walkways, walls, driveways, fencing, drainage, irrigation systems, etc. We install new lawns, trees, shrubs, flowers, perennials as well as do spring and fall cleanups, mulch, 5 step fertilizing for our lawn maintenance customers. We are proud to have so many returning customers and work hard to make the most of your landscape dollars with responsive service that gets the job done.

We provide most landscape services including disposal, backhoe and bobcat work. If you are wondering about a service, feel free to contact us directly. We have limited snow service and can't service Newton or towns far from Watertown.