KN95 masks for all BBM crew members.

We offer estimates and quotes using video calling

Baby Boomer Movers

Founded 2014 • With Angi since October 2016

220 Edenfield Ave

Watertown, MA 02472

Baby Boomer Movers is a small family owned moving company entering its 8th year with a focus on retirement and assisted living communities. In addition, BBM also handles 1- 5 bedroom residential homes in and out of state. We are a caring honest and respectful full service fully licensed and insured

06/07/2021

Alexander R.

Baby Boomers Moving 06-05-21 I am temporarily handicup, and I was hired this company,, for moving packing, from Ftanklin, to Norwood, Manager cal me and send me quotation for 2 people, for $ 865.00, they bring 3 people, never mention, for additional charges, after, they finished move, they give me bill, for $1943.40, they broke my bed, misplaced belongings, and left me without a chance to fix it. When owner Fred call to me he start yelling and screaming on me and was very rude, and unprofessional, he do not professional discussing situation, and threatened me to take to the cort. Treatened me with call from his lawyer. This is actual message I received on my phone, "We sent 3 guys for a 2-man job. Alexander just said he isn't paying more than $865. That's too bad. Attorney Bob Ahearn will be reaching out to Alexander. In addition to the $1,943.40, Alexander will be charged for your two trips at an associates rate of $75.00 per hour for 4 hours. To find chicken and electrical Outlets. I'm happy to discount this guy, and be the fair individual I am, but he started yelling at me and there was no budging." Then Fted, call me again, and start bullying me, and yelling. My question is how such c4imomal behaving allowed in our community? My bed, broke in the midle of the night, after crue, of this company, failed to properly put it together. I, check it out, they instead of put it properly apart,they, simply broke it when they took it from old appartment. It's damage, I can not sleep now, I have no bed Manager tells me it's bolts missing, it's broken, by employees of this company

Description of Work
Moving from Ftanklin, to Norwood

Category hauling services, moving companies

[Member Name Removed], We here at Baby Boomer Movers endeavor to ensure every client is satisfied with their move. I would like to clarify your misunderstandings. First, you were provided an estimate of $865, not a quote. Estimates change based upon the services requested by the client. When you reached out to BBM, you stated you had a basic move with everything already packed up. That being said, you were provided an estimate for the move of $865. After your initial estimate, you reached out to BBM on several occasions, requesting, among other things: 1. That BBM pack the entirety of your kitchen for you. 2. That someone drive your illegally unregistered vehicle to your new home for you. 3. That someone drive a check for you to the electric company in Norwood so that you could have electricity turned on at your new apartment. The move most certainly took longer than otherwise would have as the movers were forced to attempt to pack your belongings whilst navigating the unsanitary conditions of your home, dodging at every turn mouse and dog feces and urine. Irrespective, your move was completed, and Jeffrey even made the trip to the electric company on your behalf to set up your electricity in your new apartment. At every turn, BBM went above and beyond for you. When the movers dismantled your bed, they noticed that the bolts were missing and Jeffrey informed you of the same. While it is possible that your bed held together missing essential parts on a carpeted surface, it is clear that your new apartment, having hard wood, would be harder on a bed which was already damaged. You were told immediately of the missing parts, and it is unfortunate that you now attempt to frame this as damage caused by BBM. While it is unfortunate that you are unhappy with your move, BBM went above and beyond for you at every turn.

04/12/2021

Ann N.

It was great. I like the fact that they're not always taking a break. They were hard workers, focused on getting the job done, very pleasant to work with , very accommodating, and reliable. They're just pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
They moved me to another place.

04/12/2021

george R.

It was excellent, very very good. I would recommend them to anybody.

Description of Work
They moved me from one place to another.

04/08/2021

Ann N.

They move could not have been smoother! The guys were pleasant and polite and very hard workers. I highly recommend them for any size move!

Description of Work
Moving

07/10/2019

James F.

I called the company and the owner Fred was awesome. He coordinated a time with me, texted me his ETA on the way, and got everything done fast and easily with his movers.

Description of Work
We needed to have several heavy pieces of furniture moved within the house.

03/21/2019

Meredith J.

My organization often works with Baby Boomer Moving to provide moving services for our clients. Many of our clients very low income and often moving under stressful circumstances. Many of our clients are older adults. The folks at this company are incredibly kind and gracious. They are easy to work with, very responsive and reliable and also incredibly patient and very fair. I highly recommend them. Our experience has been extremely positive and consistent and we have worked with them many times and will continue to do so.

Description of Work
Moving for clients of a non-profit organization

Hi [Member Name Removed]! Thank you for the wonderful review. Fred

11/05/2018

James R.

Mom was getting out of a rehab facility after a major surgery and needed to move into an assisted living facility instead of her home. Baby Boomer Movers were able to move her furniture, with only a few days notice, on the busiest moving time of the year (Sept. 1), which was also Labor Day weekend. They came on time, stayed on budget, and did it without any issues. I would definitely use them again and would recommend them.

Description of Work
Move Mom to Assisted Living

06/20/2018

Nancy E.

Fred was VERY responsive and worked things around my schedule. They were punctual and hard working. First, they moved my mother to her new home, and the following week, they came back and cleaned out her whole house. They donated her furniture to Savers and then hauled away everything we wanted thrown out. I would definitely recommend them and would use them again.

Description of Work
Moved my mother to Independent living facility and cleaned out her house.

05/27/2018

Lorna K.

I needed bedroom furniture moved back up stairs and dining room furniture moved down to the first floor. Baby Boomer Movers was very responsive when I emailed through Angie's list and when contacted directly. I needed help right away and Fred worked me into their schedule on the same day that I called as he happened to me in my neighborhood. The work was done quickly and professionally. I will definitely use Baby Boomer Movers again, and soon.

Description of Work
Moving furniture between floors

01/19/2018

Ella G.

They were very very good. They were on time and they were so nice and patience I would defintly hire them again, Please who ever read this review please give them a chance you will not be dissapointed. I wasn't at all by the way they are also fast ,neat and experience they made me feel so comfortable. No dissapointments please call them there price is reasonable andd they r good.

Description of Work
Items moved from storage to new apartment

Category moving companies

Thank you for such a wonderful move.Great working with you! Fred

09/29/2017

M N.

Fred and his crew provided excellent service at a very reasonable price. He was accommodating on timing for the move and confirmed his timing on the day of the move. They got the move done fast, efficiently, and without any damage or hassle. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Local move

08/30/2017

DEBBIE S.

excellent, very prompt, friendly, responsive, hired for a second time, reasonable rates, highly recommend

Description of Work
Moving some furniture from one home to another and moving items to storage unit. They also moved my father to assisted living a year ago.

08/27/2017

Mike S.

They did a great job. Promptly showed up, helped pack absolutely everything in our house. Could not have gone smoother. They moved everything in my 1,200 sq ft apt into my new condo (about 3 miles away) in under 4 hours. They even threw in a bit of comedy. I would use again and totally recommend.

Description of Work
These guys helped us move.

Thanks for the great review [Member Name Removed]! Fred

05/26/2017

Daphnie F.

Fred and his partner are very professional, they empted my two bedroom apartment in apoxemently two hours and four hours later I was moved into my new place. I will definitely hire Fred again for my next move.

Description of Work
Move a two bedroom apartment.

02/13/2017

Melissa A.

I cannot say enough good things about Baby Boomer Moving Company. We used them for a move in November 2016. Excellent communication, service and price! They showed up on time and worked non stop getting our stuff moved out of our old home and into our new home. Very professional and trustworthy! My husband and I were so very happy with them! I would highly recommend them to anyone. Five star rating!!!!!

Description of Work
Residential move from one home to another

01/28/2017

Sara S.

I could not have asked for a better moving experience. As you may guess from my description of the work that needed to be done, these moves happened at very difficult times for me. There was there a significant amount of physical labor (packing, moving, unpacking) that needed to be accomplished, on a short time line, and I was struggling to keep everything together. Freddie and his team showed up and really made everything better. They reassured me that they could handle the job -- and then they did, with skill, professionalism, and kindness that really went far beyond my best expectations. I would hire Baby Boomer Movers again in an instant, and have recommended them to friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
Baby Boomer Movers twice helped me with moves that I had to organize and complete for my father. One move was within an assisted living facility (i.e., from one floor to the next), while the second involved packing up my father's belongings and moving them into a storage unit.

01/17/2017

David Z.

Baby Boomer Movers were thoroughly professional, careful l and caring. Moving an elderly relative into a new location is an emotionally difficult time. Fred and his crew took a lot of stress out of the day with their great attitude and work ethic. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They moved my mother and belongings into an assisted living facility.

01/15/2017

Karen L.

Baby Boomer Movers was able to handle the move on short notice, even though it was a holiday weekend. Fred arrived on time, helped pack a few remaining items, quickly loaded the truck, and drove through terrible traffic to deliver everything in great condition, maintaining a positive attitude throughout. Communication from start to finish was highly professional. Top notch service!!

Description of Work
Furniture and boxed items needed to be moved from Jamaica Plain to Hopkinton.

01/11/2017

theodore H.

Very well. On time and very professional and careful with the furnature

Description of Work
moved a large dinning table and 6 chairs and a China cabnet

Kevin C.

Fantastic! Fred and Baby Boomer Movers were swift, reliable, professional, compassionate, flexible and everything you would want in movers. I would use them again and again and they are the only movers I will ever recommend.

Description of Work
I needed to move my parents from my childhood home on Long Island, NY to an assisted living facility in Massachusetts and then a few weeks later I needed an additional local move because my parents decided to change facilities.

Ann N.

Excellent. They arrived when promised, worked professionally and we're flexible and understanding when modifications from the original plan were requested or needed. They took excellent care of my furniture and other possessions as they moved it into and out of their truck and we're patent as well as efficient handling the need to use elevators and go up and down stairs. I have recommended them to others who have agreed they were an excellent choice.

Description of Work
I hired them on several occasions for moving jobs of assorted sizes and distances.

Category hauling services, moving companies, piano moving

Kerry F.

My experience with Baby Boomer Movers was incredible! I was on the fence about hiring movers since I was hoping to save money, but due to a back injury I realized I didn't have a choice. My mother recommended Baby Boomer Movers to me as she had a fantastic experience with them when they helped one of her residents at Springhouse Senior Living. I'm younger than their usual clientele, so I wasn't sure whether they'd accept me as a client so I called the number on their website and within an hour Fred called me back and politely agreed to help me and we set up a time and date for the move right then and there. I sent him an email with my details and he provided a quote immediately, and in the days leading up to the move he was super friendly and helpful when I needed to get a hold of him with questions about his truck for the moving van street permit. When he and Jack arrived the day of the move, it was pouring rain and of course I was still throwing things in boxes! Neither the rain nor my completely irresponsible behavior seemed to bother them, and they just got right to work moving my furniture while I finished packing up the remaining items. The two of them were so fast, they managed to take all my furniture down the two flights of stairs and get it safely and securely in the truck in under 1 hour! Moving me into my new unit was even faster, and they were very considerate of where they put everything to make it easier for me to unpack. Several of my items were from Ikea and had narrowly survived a previous move, so I let them know that if they broke during transit I would not be upset, but sure enough, they managed to move everything without any issues. They even helped me move a large storage unit that was already in the apartment to a new spot to help me out. My experience with Baby Boomers Movers was so positive, I will never think twice about hiring movers again. They will be my go-to moving team as long as I'm still shlepping my things from one Boston apartment to another. Thank you, Fred and Jack!

Description of Work
Baby Boomer Movers moved all my furniture and belongings from my 2nd floor walkup in Mission Hill to my new unit in Dorchester.

Blake U.

baby boomer movers was very responsive, quick, clean, and professional would definitely use them again

Description of Work
I had to move my mother out of her apartment with very short notice

Courtney N.

The movers were quick and efficient. I was very impressed with how well they worked together as a team. I felt very comfortable with how they handled my personal belongings and they were fun and positive during a stressful time for me and my family. I would highly recommend them to anyone moving.

Description of Work
Baby Boomer Mover moved items from my home into a rental house while my house was being renovated. The movers also put items into storage facility as well and dropped off furniture to a local consignment shop for me; they took care of all the "heavy lifting" which was so helpful in clearing my entire home for renovations.