Abe Schickel & Co Inc

• Trade License Number
  • LR002704

100 Galen St. Suite 203

Watertown, MA 02472

We are a meticulous and long-established house painting company that provides lasting and clean work for homeowners who want to carefully care for their home and living environment. We will really care for your home....

Resposiveness

house painting (265)interior painting (228)pressure washing (23)wallpaper removal (23)plastering (14)deck cleaning (12)woodworking (9)wallpaper hanger (9)drywall (8)general contractors (7)door installation (6)window replacement (5)

08/04/2020

Abe’s team painted our new rental unit, and it came out beautifully! They were even able to paint the steel beam and stairs, which was no easy task. I highly recommend Abe!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Painting in rental unit

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/13/2020

Photo for Abe Schickel & Co Inc - 100 Galen St., Watertown, MA - 38773355

07/25/2020

Abe and his crew are superior! Tremendous integrity, attention to detail, hard working, cleaned up every nite and thoroughly nice people. This is the 3rd time Abe did our house...1997, 2010, and they just finished this morning. Given all the Covid-19 challenges Abe was conscientious w posted signs, wash station, masks, etc.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Painted the outside of our house

CATEGORY contractors,replacement windows,pressure washing,house painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/25/2020

06/25/2020

Unprofessional, not checking what job was requested or distance from Watertown to job before making appointment for estimate. Calling after scheduled appointment time, informing job too small and too far away (23 miles and less than half an hour). Waste of time.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Deck Maintenance

CATEGORY deck cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/25/2020

12/03/2019

Abe and his crew were great to work with. By the time they patched the fairly large cracks in my walls, they looked like new. Also, they were incredibly clean. The job took 2 days and they cleaned up very well after each day. I hardly noticed they were there - except that the work was done!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Patched cracked walls and painted 2 interior rooms

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/02/2019

10/29/2019

Abe was very professional in every step of the process. He offered suggestions for color combinations that matched my tastes and even offered his ideas about painting the gutter downspouts the same as the house color to blend in nicely. The painters were very detailed in their work and made sure all painted surfaces were prepped and completely painted without any streaks or color bleeding. Excepti...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
exterior painting of home, garage with aluminum siding, and downspouts

CATEGORY pressure washing,house painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/29/2019

06/12/2019

Excellent!! Extremely professional and punctual painters. They worked efficiently and were meticulous with details throughout our home. This was the MOST PROFESSIONAL group of contractors my husband and I have ever worked with. Our house was honestly cleaner after it was painted than it was before. The owner Abe has a heart of gold and is an honest businessman that genuinely cares about the people...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Outside of house painted as well as 4 interior rooms; removed old wall a/c, patched shingles and repaired insulation and fixed interior walls

CATEGORY contractors,drywall,plastering,pressure washing,house painters,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/12/2019

01/17/2019

Responsive with quote; competitive price; answered all questions; arrived on time; hard working and polite crew; careful protection and cleanup; and a beautiful result. Truly worth the cost.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Full interior painting, with extensive preparation due to peeling ceilings and cracked plaster.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/17/2018

12/14/2018

Abe Schickel came to my house a few days after I emailed for an appointment, conforming to my schedule. He did a thorough inspection of the house and provided a detailed estimate for painting its interior. I am sure that if I had hired him for the work, he would have done an excellent job. He was courteous, professional, and communicative, letting me know what he planned and why he planned it. In ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Interior painting of my house

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/14/2018

11/04/2018

Abe was extremely professional. He promptly responded to my inquiry and came out and gave me an estimate, which was fair. He then fit me in between outside jobs and re-painted several ceilings plus painted my kitchen and hallway. The team that came left my home spotless and were pleasant and professional. The work was very well done. I would recommend Abe and certainly use this company again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Interior painting

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/11/2018

01/16/2018

We were very satisfied with the painting that was done by Abe and his men. They did everything promised in very punctual and professional manner. Their prep and cleanup were superior. In addition, the men who did the work were friendly, courteous and professional. I have and will continue to recommend Abe Schickel to my friends and colleagues.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Abe and his very professional crew painted the interior of our home.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/20/2017

Interior & Exterior House Painting: plaster repair of cracks in ceilings & walls, skim-coating, surface preparation, wallpaper removal & hanging, caulking, power washing, hand-scraping, sanding, gutter cleaning & oiling, & deck maintenance. Careful priming and finish painting.

$100