SOUNDS GOOD CORPORATION

Founded 2002 • With Angi since September 2007

26 FOX RD #1

Waltham, MA 02451

6 person Lifestyle Technology Integration & Home Theater Installation company. Charges quoted specific to the project. Travel charges may apply. Service fees may apply. After-hour support available with service plan. Ask about our Angies list discount. Call 781-890-8700 Accept all types of credit cards....

06/09/2015

John H.

SoundsGood worked with us to quote an A/V system installation as part of a family room update. The sales/quoting process went fairly well. PK came to our house to view the space and get the details needed to provide us a quote. Over the following month or two as our project got underway, we contacted SoundsGood to inform them we were ready to schedule a rough wiring date only t find PK and left and Greg Jenkins was taking on the project management/sales role from him. Fine - Greg came out to the house to review the project with us and confirm a few details prior to scheduling the install. All went well with the rough wiring and subsequent final install appointment. This is where my ratings dropped from what should have been a positive review to negative. A few days after the install Greg reached out to us to find out how things went. I was generally satisfied with the work done other than a few items and agreed to pay the "Significant Completion" balance due at that time. The next day I provided details of items discussed on that call for the punch list items including universal remote programming issues and some finishing details in large holes drilled in cabinetry for speaker wiring. That was three weeks ago now. I've attempted to contact both Greg and the contractor they used to do the actual install three times now and have received no response. The post-installation experience is terrible and most unfortunate given the actual installation work done was overall very good.

Description of Work
A/V system installation including wall mount display, surround speakers and universal remote

05/14/2015

David C.

The work was done pretty well. There was one thing I was kind of frustrated about. I would say it was okay, not great. The workers were okay -- pretty good. They left the area okay; there were no issues there. I do not think I would recommend them to a friend. They were hard to do business with and never finished the job. They would not come back out. It was kind of a frustrating situation with them.

Description of Work
I used Sounds Good to install my home theater.

09/01/2014

Linda M.

PK was my contact and he and his installer installed and configured all the systems quickly and trained me on the usage. PK was also very helpful with after sale support... when I forgot how to do something... I highly recommend this firm. Excellent pricing, installation and support. Now I can check on my dad any time I need to rather than driving over to his house to make sure everything is OK. That's huge. Thanks guys!!!

Description of Work
Sounds Good helped me to provide remote web cam monitoring for my father. He's getting a bit frail so I need to be able to check on him from time to time. I instaled camera in a number of room, remote thermostat and cable TV control

04/14/2014

Julie K.

I had previously written a review regarding their lack of followup and failure to return calls. Greg, the owner, called me a few days later and we discussed the issues. He has recently hired someone to assist with answering the phones, etc. and thinks this should address the issues. Greg had his Control4 specialist, Luis, come to the house free of charge to assess the problems that I was having with my system. I decided to purchase a piece of equipment from them that has taken care of my problem. Luis was extremely professional and followed up via phone, email, and text, as appropriate. I also blew out my kitchen speakers and Luis was able to get me new ones installed in a very short period of time. The installers had to cut new holes in my ceiling. When finished, all was cleaned up and everything works great. I have since received a quote for other work that I may do with my kitchen remodel.

Description of Work
install speakers and equipment

11/20/2013

BRUCE K.

They did a really great job all around for us. For the excellent quality we got the price was extremely reasonable.

Description of Work
They designed and installed a home theater system for us.

Category home automation

08/26/2013

Diane M.

Our experience with Sounds Good started off pleasant. Greg came over for an initial consultation, we presented our wish list, came up with a solution that utilized new and existing equipment (including cables) and we scheduled our first appointment in Dec 2012. As expected, Greg and the technicians were there for more than a full day. They were very respectful of our property and Greg stayed back to train us on the new applications we would be using on our iphone and ipad. There were a few loose ends that needed to be tied up so we decided to re-schedule for those items and have the team come out another day. By the time we were able to coordinate schedules, the second round took place in February. Unfortunately, this is when things began to go sour. The crew showed up and didn't have any direction as to what they were doing. I had an idea, but wasn't exactly sure and was relying on Greg to be there to clear up any confusion. Greg turned out to be a no show and we determined it made sense to schedule another appointment after they already put in a full day?s worth of work. The appointment after that was scheduled in March and Greg showed up with another technician. They were able to finish off some more misc items but turned out we were going to need another part in order to have surround sound in our downstairs bathroom. He suggested we both look online to see if we can find the part and get in touch with each other if one of us finds it. I wasn?t really sure what I was looking for and we discovered that our deck speakers all of a sudden stopped working, so I called and emailed about a handful of times, beginning in May and finally was able to talk to via phone the week before July 4th. He informed me of some great news that he may be able to get the missing part from another project but won?t know more until the following week and he would call me then. We are now coming up to September and have I heard from him? No. I called him and emailed again my last attempt being last week and still no response. I left a voicemail indicating if he doesn't want the business, then please tell me as I would like to get this finished, but he hasn't had the decency to even call me back. I am guessing by his lack of response and the fact that he is paid, he doesn't want to do the right thing and finish the project. As a customer, I feel really unsettled, considering his company made a decent amount of money off of me and he has been paid in full since February but I am still left with an incomplete project. I never expected a business owner to treat a customer like this and I never expected this project to take as long as it has. I am not the only one that has complained about his non-responsiveness on Angie?s list so please take this seriously if you are considering using this company. I realize my review may be long, but please read in its entirety. I know Greg relies on good reviews, and I would be more than willing to help any business owner in that regard, but unfortunately for him, he is not deserving of A in my book and that's not any one else's fault but his own.

Description of Work
Installed two flat screen televisions on wall mounts in the master bedroom and living room, connected new and existing receivers that supported our in home stereo system as well as the new television, installed previously purchased sub-woofer and surround sound speakers, connected televisions to Sonos music application, re-configured existing wiring for system enhancement issues.

Category home theater design

(removed member name)- I am a bit dissapointed as we have had several conversations over the last few months to try and procur a broken part for an existing Niles system that was not provided by us and yet we have made every effort to procur the discontinued part for you. I do know you contacted my personal cell phone and I have not returned your last call because I am out on vacation this week. However we do have a staff of sales and service technicians that answer our company phone during our business hours and are committed to responding and setting up appointments for all our clients. I do apologize if you feel that our installation is not to your satisfaction as of yet but we have made several attempts to schedule appointments but your availability was always outside our service hours and we have done our best to accomodate your schedule including weekend and early evening appointments in the past. We have sent several emails and had phone conversations in the past and your response time was equally long in getting back to us which has also put a delay in the process. Please feel free to contact the office if you still have any outstanding issues as we are committed to helping all our customers and we do appreciate the feedback. Thank You Greg Owner of Sounds Good

08/07/2013

Richard K.

Except the initial installation (which I think was an isolated problem with one particular employee, the experience ended well. After my initial call, I was contacted by their Project Sales Manager, Greg Jenkins who showed up on time, listened carefully to my requests and he made several suggestions. I observed Jenkins to be knowledgeable and very professional. He followed up his visit later that day with a written proposal which he and I refined over a few days then scheduled the initial installation for 7/26/2013. I was not pleased with the technician who arrived for the initial installation. He communicated poorly and did very little to explain what he was doing or the operation of the systems when he was finished. After leaving, I noted several problems with the sound system and the blu-ray DVD player and contacted Mr. Jenkins. Mr. Jenkins was completely responsive and wanted to ensure I was fully satisfied and that the entire system was working as it should. He immediately dispatched a second technician then came back himself a third time to ensure all was working properly, and that I was fully aware of how to operate the system controls. He was completely customer focused. I would recommend this organization in the future, particularly if you are working with and through Greg Jenkins.

Description of Work
Installed a new surround sound system, blu-ray DVD player and a Sonos sound system in two rooms.

08/01/2013

Patrick S.

We just moved into a new home and needed to wall-mount a couple of large TVs and install a surround system in our family room. PK came out to our location, listened carefully to what we wanted, and prepared an initial quote. He worked with us to tweak the proposal to meet our exact needs and incorporate the new equipment with our existing components. Within two weeks, Soundsgood ordered the necessary products and came out to perform the installation. The work included installation of a large articulating wall-mount, tapping into an electrical line to put in a new outlet behind one of the TVs, running speaker cable under floor (through basement) for surround speakers in family room, incorporating a wireless subwoofer into our existing system, and placing all connections from TV to a media center behind the wall. The installer/electrician, Craig, double-checked with us on placement of all components to make sure everything would be where we wanted it before he started drilling and cutting into walls. All work was finished in a day, and execution was flawless. Everything turned out exactly as we wanted. All work areas were cleaned up and packaging materials were taken away. The cost of the work was quite reasonable, in our opinion. We are 100% satisfied and will definitely use Soundsgood again for any future home theater/media projects.

Description of Work
Wall-mounted two TVs, installed in-wall surround sound speakers and wireless subwoofer

07/10/2013

Anne R.

Our surround system has not worked for years. While we need a system upgrade we haven't gotten around to shopping for them, and so we decided to fix our current one so we can better enjoy our movies and TV viewing. PK was responsive to my initial phone call and came to my home the following week. He told me up front there would be a $160 charge for the service call. He and his coworker arrived on time and quickly identified the problem in spite of the mass of wires. He added a cable and voila -- the sound returned! He verified we needed to upgrade the receiver to accommodate my husband's old turn table and tape deck. This was all completed within 45 minutes, and I am happy that the system works for TV, DVD, and radio once again.

Description of Work
Fix surround sound system.

05/11/2013

Joshua Z.

I recently purchased a house, and needed to remodel the basement as a home theater space. I write about consumer electronics professionally, so this is not just a hobby room, but is necessary for my career. The work I required was a lot more involved than just hanging a TV over a fireplace. I worked with a contractor regarding construction, and already owned most of the electronics equipment. I hired Sounds Good to install that equipment. This entailed a couple of visits. The installer, Lee, came out during construction to pre-wire the wall cavities for the 7.1 surround sound before the walls were built. Later, after construction was complete, he returned to mount the surround speakers to the walls, mount the projection screen, and mount the projector on the ceiling. He did a great job, and I feel the price was reasonable for the amount of labor involved. Everyone I dealt with at Sounds Good was courteous, knowledgeable and professional.

Description of Work
Installed home theater equipment, including speakers, projector and projection screen.