Please call for more details.

S & W Tile

Founded 2005 • With Angi since October 2009

114 Goldencrest Ave.

Waltham, MA 02451

S&W Tile is your one stop TILE, MARBLE, and GLASS TILE installers. Specializing in SCHLUTER KERDI SHOWER SYSTEMS. All facets of flooring and Custom Tile installations. Professional ReCaulking, and Waterproofing of new and old tile installations. We do everything from Re-Grouts to Tile repair. Call or Email (contact@sandwtile.com)anytime for your Tile needs. You can also find us on Facebook for more pictures. (About Us) "S & W Tile has been helping customers with all their tile needs for over 10 years in the Boston area, with over 5 years of top service ranking on Angieslist.com. From its conception, Wes O'Connor and his team have been leading the field of tile installers in Boston with their timely service, custom tile work, job execution, and excellent communication skills. At S&W Tile, the team operates under principles that are applied to every job. Customer satisfaction is our first priority. In order to ensure customer satisfaction, modern techniques and continuing education is essential. All of S&W’s employees are trained with the best and most efficient tile systems on the market. Training for all employees on the latest trends and techniques occurs several times of year." **SERVICE FEE for any estimates outside our area....

07/09/2022

GianKarlo C.

We highly recommend Wes and S&W Tile if you're looking for prompt, professional service and quality work. He fully demolished our leaking shower and installed a new waterproof shower in four days. He called back same day after requesting a quote online. The service was very organized including a clear contract with itemized costs and consistent communication throughout. Wes was also friendly and explained why the old shower leaked and how the new waterproof system worked. I'm sure you've dealt with contractors who don't call back, no show, or bait and switch. S&W Tile is the complete opposite and will take care of your home like it's his own.

Description of Work
Shower and Tile Installation

04/22/2022

Kimberly R.

Wes did an amazing job replacing our shower! The conditions in our bathroom were challenging but Wes was communicative about timelines, explained each step of the installation in detail and had the job completed in 5 days, even after accounting for unforeseen obstacles along the way. It is worth noting Wes left our home each day clean and tidy and was very respectful of our space each step of the way during demo, installation/tiling, and clean up. We highly recommend Wes because of his professionalism and high-quality work. Our shower looks amazing.

Description of Work
Shower replacement & tile work

10/23/2021

Cloud P.

If your experiences are like mine most of your calls to get any home projects done are either not returned or if they are you are being told that “the job is too small” . Working with Wes is the exact opposite. The entire process was as pleasant and seamless as possible: From the initial conversations to responsiveness replying to e-mails to budgeting the work, to the quality of work. We unreservedly recommend Wes.

Description of Work
Backsplash

Category ceramic tile, countertops

10/10/2021

Diane D.

Wes, did an amazing job on our backsplash. He was very responsive from the first time we reached out to him. We highly recommend for any job you have. Diane & Mark

Description of Work
Backsplash tiled

09/10/2021

Steven G.

I want to thank Wes and Ryan for making a new awesome shower for me. Even from two months out they showed up on time. Wes always answered my many emails pretty quickly with all the questions I would keep asking. He told me about different products and pros and cons. Explained after each step that was done. They stayed on schedule and cleaned up after each day. I'm probably forgetting a bunch of stuff but I don't really write reviews. I could always take a look while they were working, some contractors don't won't clients around but Wes had no problem with it. Happy customer! S&W Tile#1

Description of Work
New shower and floor

08/26/2021

Ying C.

Wes was very professional, responsive, and explained every part of the process very well. The waterproofing and tile work was very well done, and he was flexible enough to work in the unfamiliar digital shower controller and its cable.

Description of Work
Tile a shower

08/18/2021

Brian R.

Wes did a high quality job on the schedule and price he quoted. His communication and attention to detail is way above other contractors I have dealt with.

Description of Work
Waterproof, install heated floor, install marble bath surround and flooring

Category ceramic tile, marble & granite

Thank you for the feedback. It was a pleasure working with you on your project.

05/26/2021

Ashley Z.

Wes and his crew were so professional and easy to work with. Having worked with many contractors and being disappointed again and again, it was so refreshing to work with someone who shows up on time, gets back to my messages, does a great job and communicates throughout the entire process. Wes went above and beyond with little details about the job, and we really appreciated the work. I would hire him again in a second, and would recommend him to anyone who wants to work with a quality company.

Description of Work
Shower and bath work

04/11/2021

Steve S.

I was thrilled that S&W was very straight forward with his advice and availability. It’s amazing what you don’t know about tiling showers & alcove style baths. Wes was always 1 step ahead of me so we had no delays. Do yourself a favor and use S&W when you need the job done professionally. I’m SO glad I did

Description of Work
Ceramic Tile, Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom, Marble & Granite

Category ceramic tile, marble & granite, home remodeling

03/25/2021

Scott O.

Wes and Ryan did a great job of renovating my shower after I had water leak issues. The work was top notch but the best thing was how Wes was quick to respond to questions, showed up as planned, communicated well and frequently throughout the job and took the time to explain some of the nuance of his approach. Would highly recommend and will be using him again in the near future for another project.

Description of Work
Shower Renovation

03/03/2021

Aaron H.

This was third time we've used Wes and have been extremely pleased each time. Wes is a true professional - good communication, very helpful with recommendations upon consultation, very transparent on the scope of work required and subsequent price, and delivers an amazing result. We highly recommend using Wes and S&W tile.

Description of Work
Fireplace tile surround

Category ceramic tile, marble & granite

Thank you for your feedback. It was a pleasure helping make your fireplace a stunning new feature. Look forward to helping you in the future! S&W Tile

02/17/2021

Chris C.

The project went well from start to finish. Wes was great to deal with. He stuck to the timeline and we’re very happy with the outcome. We’d work with S&W tile again.

Description of Work
Retiled a shower

12/11/2020

Matthew K.

We hired Wes at S&W Tile to install a heated porcelain tile floor in our new 4-season sunroom, and the experience was one of the best we've had with any contractors that have done work on our house. Wes was incredibly responsive, helpful, and thorough at explaining options and answering all our questions from when we first talked to him through the end of the job. He's very hardworking, detail-oriented, and did high quality work on our new tile floor. We appreciated how he was willing to have several detailed conversations over time as we figured out what we wanted to do for the floor, and we're glad that we ended up adding a Schluter DITRA-HEAT system under the tile as well which works great so far. I'd highly recommend Wes for any tile jobs in the future.

Description of Work
Heated Tile Floor in New 4-Season Sunroom

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

11/26/2020

Kellie O.

Contacted Wes to replace my existing bathroom floor. From first contact, he was helpful, professional and prompt. Hired him for the job and floor was done in three days and looks beautiful. Hired him again to replace tile tub surround. Again beautiful job and done quickly. Wes and Ryan were always on time in the morning and started work right away. I would definitely recommend for your tile needs!

Description of Work
Replacement bathroom floor and shower surround

Category ceramic tile, remodeling

11/15/2020

JoJo D.

We had a fantastic experience with Wes! He went above and beyond to help us fix what our plumber had done previously (which was in pretty rough shape) and he explained every step of the way. Our shower looks AMAZING, it’s exactly what we wanted and Wes was very pleasant and easy to work with. Very responsive, professional and timely. Would highly recommend, we will definitely be using him again for future tile projects.

Description of Work
Shower tile

11/13/2020

Lydia F.

I recently had tile work done by someone else that I was concerned about. I reached out to S&W Tile, and they were able to review some photos and give me some much needed honest advise as to what I should be concerned about and some cheaper ways to resolve the cosmetic issues that didn't involve retiling the whole floor. Much appreciated! Thank you!

Description of Work
Consultation on tile work

10/18/2020

Lee C.

Replace failing tile in tub shower

Description of Work
The quality of work and craftsmanship of Wes’s work was second to none. He is also extremely knowledgeable and has a command of state-of-the-art waterproofing and tiling solutions. Wes was thoughtful, explained my options, and even advised against certain work if he thought it was not a good investment for the long term. Customer service was great too. Always returned my calls and emails and very punctual, plus very conscientiously cleaned up after each day. Great craftsman with impeccable integrity!

10/17/2020

Syamak M.

Wes visited a half-done job in two bathrooms in my house. He kindly accepted to finish the work with quality materials. He is very knowledgeable about the process and the materials. While he is not charging the cheapest in town, but I am sure down the road it worth is. You don’t retile your floor every year. You need a quality work to last for years to come. He also helped me with fixing 2 lose steps in my front yard with a magic glue. He is serious, hardworking, clean and professional. He didn’t leave any trash or dust on site. Definitely hire again.

Description of Work
two bathroom tile installation

10/09/2020

Rosie L.

Above and beyond. A master shower leak was discovered on a Friday afternoon but it wasn't plumbing - so I had to fine a 'tile person' so I asked around and then went looking on line and found S&W Tile, a small local business. I filled in the online form and by 7:30 Saturday morning Wes was on the phone and out at my house before noon with a plan, a timeline and I was in. A week later he and is trusty young colleague Ryan were on the job, on time, on schedule and more to install a complete Schluter Shower system. What's that, right? Well, waterproof for one thing! And when the Schluter rep heard my heated bathroom floor didn't seem to work, he drove over to check it and now it works. Every little detail was meticulous, and they are super nice, respectful and I would recommend them and hire them again in a heart beat. Oh, and one more thing. I was thinking about tiling my other bathroom floor and my front hall, but after checking it out, we decided against it - and Wes helped me make that decision because he was so clear about the process and potential issues that I decided to hold off when he could have easily not told me any of it and I wouldn't have been the wiser. Integrity means a lot.

Description of Work
Shower replacement

09/29/2020

Fatima A.

Wes came to consult on a master bath renovation project as a tile expert and did a magnificent job. We learned so much from him, both in terms of tile selection for this particular project and the best practices for waterproofing and tiling. He made clear recommendations of technique and material and helped our contractor revise some of the material he was going to use for the waterproofing and tiling process. We couldn’t be happier with the consult and will definitely hire him for future projects!

Description of Work
Master Bath Tile Consult

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, home remodeling

08/14/2020

Martha G.

Wes was great to work with from the beginning. He responded timely to a request for a quote. He answers his phone and was professional, timely, honest. He did a great job on our shower tile project. Exactly as I wanted it. He works quickly, cleans up after himself and was done on time and on budget. Would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Retile shower

08/07/2020

Jayanth R.

We hired S&W Tile to remodel the shower in our master bathroom. Wes and his team did a great job, were highly professional, and completed the work thoroughly and efficiently. In particular, they left the bathroom neat and clean at the end of each day of work. We are so impressed with the finished product and cannot thank Wes and team enough. We highly recommend them and will hire them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Remodeled shower in master bathroom

Category home remodeling

07/31/2020

Carol W.

I would highly recommend Wes and crew for any tile job you need to have done. We had a leaky tiled shower that as pretty bad. Wes told me what was wrong and turned out to be worse than expected. Wes replaced flooring and rotted boards before installing the new tile. He was very receptive to my questions, and concerns. His price is reasonable. He always called back promptly. He and his crew showed up exactly on time. They worked hard and cleaned up after themselves everyday. He even mopped my floors! My new shower is beautiful! I would definitely hire them again in a heartbeat. They were a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Repaired and replaced tiled shower that was leaking

07/10/2020

Jesse L.

I had Wes at S&W Tile under contract to replace stand up showers right before the COVID-19 pandemic started. We put the work on hold for a while, but once things started to open up we went ahead and did the work. Wes is great to work with and does a great job. He also did a good job handling our safety requests related to COVID-19 and we were able to get the work done with almost no direct contact.

Description of Work
Replace stand up showers

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, home remodeling

03/06/2020

Jesse L.

I had a stand up shower that was leaking. Wes at S&W Tile was super prompt getting me an estimate to replace it and then was able to get the job scheduled and completed quickly as well. I can't say enough about how great it was to work with Wes. He is responsive, thorough, has attention to detail, clean, fast, high quality work. I've already scheduled Wes to come do more work!

Description of Work
Replace stand-up shower and bathroom floor

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, home remodeling