EM Snow Inc

Massachusetts: Home Improvement
07/06/2022

971 Main St

Waltham, MA 02451

E.M. Snow, Inc. is a contracting firm which has established a quality reputation over many years serving the Greater Boston and suburban areas. Eugene M. Snow, President, entered the Home Improvement business in 1967, and has been located in Waltham since then. In an industry where there is a high rate of business failure, almost an 80% turnover every five years, our company has maintained the same phone number for almost 40 years, just one indication of our business commitment. A survey by the Small Business Administration indicated that contractor failure may leave homeowners with unfulfilled promises and worthless warranties. In today's economy where the chance of failure is greater now than before, it is increasingly important to make sure the contractor is established and stable for your warranty protection. Whether your project is a residence, condominium project, commercial building, new construction or an older building, E.M. Snow's licensed professionals can meet your needs. Our professionally trained team will work with you to select the right products and service for your home or business. Additional DBA - Em Snow Inc The Siding Co. Additional service area - Portion of attleboro, cohasset, fitchburg & worcester counties. Award winning....

roofing (59)siding companies (31)window replacement (29)gutter repair (14)door installation (4)decks & porches (3)skylight installation (2)woodworking (8)chimney cap repair (2)insulation (2)chimney repair (1)

12/21/2020

Mike F.

It didn't - I called to schedule a site visit so they could give me a quote. They insisted that I be on-site for the visit and I asked why as I explained that I was based on the Cape and that my girlfriend was concerned about Covid. The person on the other end of the call couldn't give me an answer on why I needed to be there in person - just that that is their policy. I offered to call or Facetime and she said no they wouldn't do that. I asked again why I needed to be there, she started rhyming off a bunch of questions about what type of siding I wanted, how much this or that, etc. I said I want to have what is there replaced. I said I will try and see if my building manager could be there - she then said I sounded like a difficult customer and that they didn't want my business. I can only assume that it was someone related to the owner I was speaking to as any other employee would have/should have been fired for how my inquiry was handled.

Description of Work
New siding and gutters

Category gutter repair,siding

Work Completed On 12/21/2020

Unfortunately as explained to this potential customer a few times during the conversation, it is EM Snow policy that the owner of the property or an owner representative that can go over the job onsite and have a viable meeting to discuss the project intelligently has to meet us at the property for us to provide any estimate. We explained there are too many components to a siding job and we do not provide telephonic consultations or estimates. There are no COVID issues because the meeting is held outdoors and walking around the property to go over the work. We wear face masks and can easily socially distance as explained to the customer a few times during the conversation. The customer refused to accept our policy and kept repeating he did not understand the rational behind requiring someone to meet us onsite and started getting quite upset. It was at that point we determined that if this potential customer was this disturbed about our policy before we even met for an estimate, we thought it best for all of us, including the customer, that he find someone that would better suit his needs.

08/31/2020

VINCENT D.

I was all set to sign a contract and then wanted a change to not replace the end boards which was not really necessary. When I asked to have the contract changed I never heard from them again, even after a number of emails to inquire about the issue. The change would have saved me about $3000.00, perhaps that is why I never got a response?

Description of Work
replace siding on two sides of a 3 family house

Category woodworking

Work Completed On 08/31/2020

We received ONE email on July 7th from this potential customer and not one single phone call so their statement is inaccurate. If we get busy then sometimes we may miss one email which is as said above all we received because we respond to all calls and emails.

01/30/2020

Frank O.

I've had a lot of luck finding installers that are recommended by the manufacturers of the products to be installed. I determined that CertainTeed was the brand that I wanted to go with. I checked their site and got estimates from three siding installers in my area. All estimates were in the same ballpark but I went with EM Snow for a number of reasons; the other companies gave me estimates from photos and measurements of my house; Doug Snow, came out himself, explained the process, answered all my questions, recommended some things and suggested that my current gutters were fine, which would save me about 20% of the cost. My main contact was Lauren, the office manager who was very helpful communicating when the job would start, when payments were due, etc. The on-site foreman, Wilber, a very nice and communicative guy who has been with the company for 20 years was my main contact during the project and we worked together to find the best places to store their gear and the stock they needed for the job, work with my cable installer to hide the wires and my electrician to remove the exterior fixtures and outlets .Mike, a Snow supervises, was very helpful too. The project was on schedule and came out better than I was expecting-Their attention to detail was excellent. I would definitely give EM Snow my highest recommendation,

Description of Work
Replace vinyl siding

Category decks,siding

Work Completed On 01/15/2020

07/25/2019

Debra W.

E.M. Snow was fantastic to work with. We received 3 quotes from top-rated roofers on Angie's List. E.M. Snow gave the best price and told me which aspects of the other quotes we didn't actually need and why. The office was well-organized and provided excellent communications. They did the roof work while we were out of town. They cleaned up so well I wouldn't have known they were there if the color of my room wasn't different. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
we needed a new roof

Category roofing,skylights

Work Completed On 07/05/2019

11/01/2018

Kate M.

We had a contract to install new windows in our new home. The job was started on Friday. I left work early and made it home around 3pm, and the workers were gone for the day, as their business day ends at 4pm. The window installation in the living room was half done. There was a draft coming in and a storm the following day. There was another storm on Monday, causing the job to finish on Tuesday. We went a few days with stormy weather and cold temperatures with a hole in the wall between the window and the wall. It would have been a better decision to have left the window alone until the following visit so that we wouldn't go days with a hole in the wall and a cold draft, which we felt as we watched TV. They returned and fixed the issue on Tuesday. When the job was completed, we noticed pencil marks were left behind, and there was a crack on the wall from the living room installation. To be honest, it looked very sloppy. We would have preferred that the windowsill would be all white, but there was this wood trim that was not there before. I can understand that these things happen during in installation, but according to their office manager Lauren, the contract states that they do not paint, and only install primed trim and are not responsible for stress cracks. We would have paid extra for these issues to make it look better. The windows look terrific, but the outside work is disappointing. Lauren had also stated that pencil marks can easily be erased and paint should be done after windows are installed. I agree with both comments, however why should the customer be responsible for cleaning up that mess? The stress crack was caused from the installation, not on us and we will have to pay for the wall repair and then repaint the room. I hope contractors or repair people will just do "the right thing" when many unfortunately do not. At least it was mentioned in the contract what they were and were not responsible for.

Description of Work
new window installation

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 10/30/2018

Review for EM Snow Inc - 971 Main St, Waltham, MA - 37537460

Mr. Ricupero, the homeowner that we dealt with, understood the job and what we did and paid for the job in full because he was the person that we dealt with for the entire course of the job and understood that we completed the job as promised. Unfortunately we never met Ms. [Member Name Removed] nor spoke with her and the only reason we know who she is was because her fiance wrote her name on the contract as being a co-owner. She was not involved in any discussion or emails or meeting that we had when we went over the scope of work and what to expect with the job including what EM Snow does as company and what trim we use for our work. We don't paint and never promised that we would. Her complaints are all items that were discussed at the meeting with Mr. Ricupero and we cannot help if the plaster cracks during the course of a new construction window job. What we tell folks is that once we are done, a painter would come in and fill in the cracks, paint over pencil marks and paint the wall so that the job is completed by a painter, not by the window installer. Tehy would also paint the window trim, which again, we put on either PVC or primed wood and PVC only comes in white. Her review is not fair nor substantiated by what we promised to do and we feel it is unfair of someone not involved in the process at all to post a review of work when she never had ANY discussions with EM Snow about.

06/30/2018

Gerry P.

EM Snow Inc. Waltham Our rubber roof has just been redone after 70 years. The house is now snug and the inside temperature remains very steady. The work was completed in three days. The six men and woman crew were very friendly, competent and helpful. The work was done on budget. The office staff were very helpful in all details. The outside of the house looks professionally completed. I highly recommend this Company.

Description of Work
removal and replacement of rubber roof

Work Completed On 06/28/2018

05/30/2018

Marianne M.

We had 6 Bay Windows in need of replacement. Doug Snow met me and went over measurements, windows etc. Very informative and Warranty of work and product was a huge plus for this Condominium complex. His company provided everything we needed from start to finish and then some. There wasn't an item left out; from us going to Harvey and picking out our windows and the quote process, coordination of install with his office staff who was fantastic to work with, and down to the installers. They were all professional, accommodating, and over compensating on a few areas. Family owned business, warranty of workmanship, certified installers and knowledgeable in their products and installation, excellent office staff. I couldn't ask for a better contractor to work with. All 6 owners are so pleased with the results. Now for the next step regular Windows. I have no doubt it will go just as well and they the Snows will back their product. - M. Madden - Elm Ridge Condominiums - Marlborough

Description of Work
6 Bay Windows

Category replacement windows,woodworking

Work Completed On 05/30/2018

02/05/2018

Amanda G.

It went well. We needed our roof done ASAP because we were hitting a deadline to have solar panels installed. EM Snow gave the most reasonable quote by far and were able to complete the work within our tight timeline. We had a unique situation where many of the boards underneath our roof were in bad shape. I had to ask for this and stay on top of the crew, but they did eventually replace everything that was structurally unsound. There was also an issue where our power vent was jostled and set incorrectly, but they went back and fixed it when I pointed it out. I was not an easy customer and they were professional at all times. Very pleased with the final product.

Description of Work
Shingle Roof and Rubber Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 10/31/2017

10/23/2017

Ken F.

They put in Western style storm (Harvey) windows. They should have had Eastern style windows made and installed. Because the Western style storms did not leave enough room for the window to be opened and closed. They had to come back and put in a additional piece of wood on each side , so the windows could open and close correctly. The French door storms were not fitted correctly. There is space between the outside of the door and the door jamb allows light and air to pass into the inside of the house defeating the purpose the storm doors . The reason these errors were not discovered sooner. They were installed in the winter. EM Snow did not check there work nor did I till this spring. EM Snow refuses to take responsibility to fix the problem. I would not recommend EM Snow.

Description of Work
We replaced several windows and had installed storm windows.

Category insulation,roofing,replacement windows,doors

Work Completed On 12/20/2016

09/25/2017

Ninad S.

it was really nice, job was finished in 3 days.

Description of Work
Replacing whole roof

Category gutter repair,roofing

Work Completed On 10/10/2017

Installation of vinyl & hardie plank siding, gutters, harvey replacement windows, exterior doors, storm doors & roofing.

Gutter cleaning, power washing., repairs (only full new installations), chimney caps

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available