Cappadona Landscape Co.

Founded 1988 • With Angi since September 2002

4.3

25 Nutting Rd.

Waltham, MA 02451

Since 1988 Cappadona Landscape has offered unbeatable quality in all aspects of landscape construction and maintenance. We stand by our reputation and make a personal commitment to provide high quality service to every one of our customers. A beautiful landscape is something you can enjoy for a lifetime. We take the time to discuss all aspects of your project with you so it's done right the first time, then make sure you're happy with the results....

05/20/2021

Domenic V.

Mark and his crew were on-time, professional, courteous and the price was great. I will hire him again.

Description of Work
Mark scrubbed and pressure washed my outdoor patio and deck and also the stucco cement foundation around my house. He did excellent work and my patio looks brand new.

Category pressure washing

Thank you for your review. Pleasure working with you, thanks again

06/16/2018

Sunny L.

Responded to quote request quickly. Very good communication and kept me up to date as the work done required more than one visit. I had a small yard which was left unattended for over a couple of months and required extensive cutting and cleaning with some trash removal. Job was done with complete satisfaction.

Description of Work
Cutting overgrowth, grass cutting, and object removal

Category landscaping, lawn service

Thank you very much, pleasure working with you. If you need any help in the future please let me know, thanks again

06/12/2017

Erin S.

Not well. Extremely unprofessional.

Description of Work
Landscaping

02/18/2017

Donal C.

It is unfortunate I have to write a bad review, as i'd prefer to say nothing at all... I hired Mark to do a full back yard makeover, which included removing existing flagstones, increase grade of lawn area, roll new grass, build stone wall, install pavers. Mark met with me a few times to estimate the job, very pleasant guy, and we agreed on a price. It was very competitive to other contractors, though i decided to not include as much keeping the price down. After initial conversations it was very hard to get Mark to respond to get started on the job, and started a few wakes later than initially agreed and deposit paid. Once it started, it was a half day here, a day there. No consistency. Though Mark told me he had a team, he really only had one helper that also worked on other jobs. After a few weeks of this I was getting very fed up and had words with Mark. His excuse was that he "was doing me a favor with the price" as he learned the other quotes I had received. He finally returned to get started on the wall. He no sooner started on the wall, when he injured his hand badly and could not complete the job. I felt bad he was injured, and understood his position, and he agreed to return the remainder of the deposit (he declared I had most of it remaining, as he had only done a few days work at this point). His irrigation guy, who is very good, continued to do his piece, but i had to hire a new crew to complete the project. They did an excellent job and had to correct the mistakes made on the bit of wall that was started. As I said, i would prefer not to write a negative review, however after several months of attempts to contact Mark to see how much deposit I had remaining so I could get it returned, I have not received a single response. This is unfortunate as he is a nice guy, but I don't like being screwed over.

Description of Work
Back yard makeover. Raising grade, lawn, irrigation, edging, stone wall, paving.

Jose V.

It went very good, and the lawn looked great when it was done and I could see the lines.

Description of Work
They mowed my lawn, and did edging for me.

Category landscaping

Thank you very much great working with you

Darin D.

Cappadona Landscapers do an excellent job for a very reasonable price. The most important thing for me is that they show up when they are supposed to and they are reliable. I have a multi family home so it's important that it always looks nicely manicured and the walkways are clear of snow when the tenants leave for work in the morning. I would and have recommended them to friends and family and they too have good experiences.

Description of Work
As a landscaper they do a spring clean up on my lawn which includes mulching all the beds , edging, pruning , and mowing. They have taken care of my lawn on a regular basis for the last 5 years now. We are set up on a regular mow schedule and they keep our house looking great all season long. In the winter they plow our driveway and shovel the walk ways and sand.

Category landscaping, mulch, snow removal, hardscaping

Thank you very much for the excellent review. Always a pleasure working with you

Chris J.

Mark has been very responsive to my calls and requests over the years. I initially reached out to him after trying unsuccessfully to get other landscapers in Waltham to return my calls. His prices are fair, and his team has done great work. They are always flexible to doing odd jobs and other things I need done with my property.

Description of Work
Mark and team have done Fall and Spring clean-ups and mulch work for me for 2 years.

Category landscaping, mulch

Thank you very much always a pleasure working with you

04/30/2016

Justin S.

The owner was very knowledgeable and had many great ideas to give the home new curb appeal. The workers showed up on time and were very respectful of my neighbors. They got the bulk of the brush and overgrowth removed and we are able to move on to the fun part with the design of the new landscaping and plantings. Moving forward we have a plan in place to get the rest of the work done. I am very excited about all the new space I now have in my back yard and look forward to working with them in the future to complete the remainder of the work. I have had disappointing experiences in the past with other companies that were not reliable and very overpriced, so it was a great relief to finally find a company like Cappadona Landscape that that made my life easy, produced great work and started a new friendship going forward.

Description of Work
I live an an old home that was in need of extensive landscape work. At the beginning the project was seemed very overwhelming as the property had been neglected for many years. I met with the owner mark and we put a logical plan in place to tackle the property in phases. There was an extensive clean up, including some tree removal needed to make way for the overall new landscape design. We met on site, assessed the immediate work needed and was provided with a timely competitive estimate.

Category landscaping, tree service, hardscaping

Thank you for taking the time to write a very detailed and excellent review. Pleasure working with you, thanks again :)

04/22/2016

Domenic V.

Mark and his crew were on time, courteous, clean, efficient and inexpensive. I will use them for all of my landscaping needs.

Description of Work
Mark and his crew did a massive spring clean up at my rental property in Watertown. They cleaned up 10 years worth of old bark mulch in the flower beds, removed and replanted 2 dead boxwood bushes, trimmed all the other boxwoods to match the new ones, pulled weeds, mowed the lawn, added spring lawn fertilizer and weed control, trimmed back some overgrown trees, removed leaves etc.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, leaf removal, mulch

Thank you, glad you're pleased with the results. Great working with you, thanks again

12/08/2015

David D.

Up front, Mark was very helpful. He came out twice to help us determine what we should do for the backyard and walked us through several pitfalls that could have caused problems. He showed up on time and was very professional. We made the decision on what we were going to do, and he left, promising to send us several quotes that we could choose from. But we never heard from him again. We reached out and contacted him several times after this, but got no response. Due to how late in the year this was, and how much time we gave for a response, we didn't have the time to start the process over with another company -- and so we won't be able to get work done until this next year. This is a shame. Until he decided to end all contact, he had seemed very knowledgeable and professional. He showed up on time and really helped the process.

Description of Work
Helped us to figure out the patio and retaining wall we wanted for the back yard.

Category landscaping, masonry, hardscaping

11/03/2015

Beth M.

10/13/2015

Sung-eun C.

Contractor was responsive, very friendly, knowledgeable and gave good estimate. But we had to delay the job for personal reasons.

Description of Work
Estimate for removal of grass, cleanup of lawn, landscaping and planting perennials and shrubs

09/22/2015

lisa e T.

He did come and was very helpful and informative. He jotted down all our needs and said he would send an estimate. We've yet to receive one. I don't want to chase someone to do a job. He did at one point say he was behind in estimates but then the communication just stopped. I'm disappointed because they were so highly rated. i'm finding this with many of the providers andI'm not that picky. They all just seem 'too busy'.

Description of Work
Came to give an estimate for fall clean up and other services

Category landscaping

At Cappadona Landscape and in my personal life I take pride in being very professional. I'm quite confused from the rating based on the review, and some of the review. Member stated, I did come and was very helpful and informative. In fact, I came by twice to go over some details and additional work the member requested. Punctuality: I always schedule an hour time frame to not be late for a estimate, and I did arrive within both time frames. Professionalism: Member states I was very helpful and informative. Quality C, but yet I did not do any work. Price: my prices are reasonable and we get 98% of the jobs with repeat customers and references. The estimate was sent and my promise was kept in getting back to this member within a few days. At that point the member said I had taken too long getting back to her and is hiring someone else. No time during the conversation did the member mention not receiving the estimate, but did say my prices were too high. I tried to work things out by offering a discount, but the member refused. I have a customer in the area and while driving past the members house noticed the work performed by another company was not up to par with the quality of our work. At Cappadona Landscape we provide high quality work and experience at compatible rates

06/14/2015

peter V.

Sent me a detailed estimate, yard cleanup, mowing services, mulching. Prior to receiveing his estimate we decided to use another service. Nothing against provider. A friend of family made us an offer we could not refuse :-)

Description of Work
completed estimate

Category landscaping, mulch

Thank you very much for the good review. It was a pleasure meeting you. If you need any help with your landscape in the future please don't hesitate to contact me. Thanks again

05/21/2015

Sandra K.

Description of Work
never called back

Category landscaping, hardscaping

One of the many priorities in me being a landscape professional is getting back to people. I'm normally also very thorough in retaining emails and keeping a written log of voicemails. I just checked through my Angie's list messages along with the other forms of contacting me, and don't seem to have any prior communication from you. I apologize for the confusion, but for some reason I didn't get your request for a quote. If you still need help with your project it will be my pleasure to provide you with an estimate. Thank you and my sincere apologies again. Looking forward to working with you

11/15/2014

Mitch B.

Did very good work.

Description of Work
Spring cleanup.

Category lawn service

10/23/2014

Thomas B.

Description of Work
Replaced dead lawn with new sod after rototilling soil and making the soil surface even (had not been done before). The result was highly professional and the sod was of excellent quality which took root quickly with minimal attention.

07/09/2014

Dennis S.

Mark and the crew showed up at approx 8/8:30 perfect time. Very personable professional appearance. I went over the areas we needed looked at. He said yes we can do all that for the agreed upon price. He then cut down brush, and amassed all the yard waste that had accumulated over the years. Put it in the back of his truck, edged my lawn and driveway areas and re seeded some bare spots on my lawn I would say he was in and out of there in a little over an hour. Very nice guy easy to work with, we will have him back in the fall to do some more yard upgrades.

Description of Work
Mark and his crew came over bright and early cleaned up my back yard took away all the rubbish re seeded parts of my lawn and re edged my driveway

06/02/2014

Heather R.

Had Mark and his crew back again this spring for a whole yard clean up. What a great professional group these guys are. I can be a bit particular and they were attentive to the last detail. Planning on having Mark back out to give us a quote on some hardscaping in our yard / sidewalk area

Description of Work
Spring clean up / Hardscaping

03/26/2014

Domenic V.

Mark and his crew fertilize, cut and beautify my lawn and shrubs every year. In the Spring they prep the grass and fertilize as necessary and then they maintain my lawn all summer and into the Fall. When the Fall comes they do a major yard clean up and then they prep the lawn for the winter. When Spring comes the grass is already green!

Description of Work
Mark and his crew are consummate professionals. They always deliver as promised and are always on time and on budget. I have been using Cappadona Landscaping for approximately 6 years now. I use them not only for landscaping but also for snow removal. I own a 2-family and a 4-family home in Watertown and I use Cappadona Landscape for everything. I've never been disappointed.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, snow removal

05/08/2013

Heather R.

Description of Work
Marc and his crew removed some old embedded landscape fabric from our backyard, regraded the soil and did a great job spring cleaning up our back yard and lawn after a long winter.

10/09/2005

CHENOWETH M.

IN ADDITION TO THE DETAILS LISTED ABOVE, MARK CAPPADONA WAS HIRED TO SEND TWO MEN WEEKLY TO MOW OUR FRONT, AND BACK LAWNS, AND REMOVE DEBRIS. OFTEN, THE ONLY SIGN THAT THEY HAD BEEN TO OUR HOUSE WAS THAT OUR LAWN FURNITURE WAS TURNED OVER (PRESUMABLY SO THE MOWER TO GET PAST IT). THE MEN WERE CARELESS, KNOCKING DOWN NEWLY PLANTED FLOWERS WITH LEAF BLOWERS, MOWING OVER VIOLETS ON OUR CURB, SUFFOCATING YOUNG PLANTS BY OVER MULCHING, AND DECAPITATING NEWLY PLANTED FLOWERS WITH A WEED CUTTER. OFTEN THEY WOULD NOT HAUL AWAY DEBRIS BUT HIDE IT BEHIND DRIVEWAY DOORS. WE FIRED CAPPADONA BECAUSE CUTTING OUR NEW PLANTS WAS THE LAST STRAW.

Description of Work
HIRED TO DO SPRING CLEAN UP, FALL CLEAN UP, AND FINAL CLEAN. IN BETWEEN 1 FEEDING OF CRABGRASS CONTROL, 1 FEEDING OF WEED CONTROL, 4 FEEDINGS OF LAWN BUILDER, 1 FEEDING OF INSECT CONTROL, 1 FEEDING OF LIME, 1 WINTERIZE PLUS WEED INHIBITOR, TRIMMING OF SHRUBS, REMOVE LEAVES, AND DEBRIS FROM LAWN, WALK, DRIVEWAY, TIE SHRUBS, ETC.

Category landscaping

I had initially given an estimate, but didn't get hired. At the time there was a person with a very similar name doing landscape work, and I think that's where the confusion is. After receiving this review I made attempts to contact this member letting her know it was not us she hired. I also offered our service along with details on the benefits of hiring us. I never heard back and then requested help from Angie's List staff to get this sorted out. The staff member was unable to get in touch with the member or obtain any documentation showing it was us that did the work. Prior to starting any project we always have contracts signed to prevent confusion or misunderstandings. Cappadona Landscape takes great pride in providing high quality workmanship with utmost professionalism, dependability, and vast knowledge in the green industry.

09/23/2002

JESSICA A.

LAWN IS 500 SQUARE FT AND HAS EXTENSIVE GARDEN THEY WEED. THEY ALSO PULL WEEDS OUT OF BRICK WALKWAY. PROMPT IN CALLING ME BACK.

Description of Work
WEEKLY LAWN MAINTENANCE- TRIMMING AND WEEDING.

Category lawn service

Capuano Construction

Family owned and operated, Capuano Construction has specialized in masonry work since 1956.

One Way Painting & Construction Inc.

We are a family owned and operated painting company with one way to do things... THE BEST WAY to get the best results with over 20 years of experience. For One Way Painting & Construction Inc. each project is treated and tailored according to each customer's needs and wants. We pay attention to detail, we love painting, we are passionate about it and we show it. Our crew is as passionate and detailed oriented as the owners and we take pride in it. There is no other way to treat painting. This is more than a business, it is an art. We can transform a place just applying the right colors and textures to the interior or exterior surfaces of a room in your home or your business. Contact us for a free estimate. We are here to help! Call or Text: 6179394307 Email: onewaypaintingservices@gmail.com Website: www.onewaypaintingservices.com Instagram: onewaypainting Facebook: @1waypainting Youtube: https://youtu.be/5lVkd6DMagY Tiktok: 1waypainting

Bay State Brick & Stonework

Bay State Brick and Stonework, a Super Service Award winner, was founded in 1989 in West Roxbury, Massachusetts serving all of Eastern Massachusetts including the urban centers of Boston and Cambridge. Our expertise includes all elements of masonry restoration and new masonry construction.         Additional address - 30 Winter St, Mansfield, MA 02048. Additional phone - (508) 339-2770. Additional DBA - baystatebrick.com.

Financing Available

I am a full service landscape company. If you are in need of a service that might not be listed above please feel free to ask. We most likely do have the experience to provide that service, or will point you in the right direction through a referral. Financing is available through yearly maintenance contracts only.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Cappadona Landscape Co.

How is Cappadona Landscape Co. overall rated?

Cappadona Landscape Co. is currently rated 4.3 overall out of 5.

What days are Cappadona Landscape Co. open?

Cappadona Landscape Co. is open:

What payment options does Cappadona Landscape Co. provide

Cappadona Landscape Co. accepts the following forms of payment: Financing Available

Does Cappadona Landscape Co. offer free estimates?

Yes, Cappadona Landscape Co. offers free project estimates.

Does Cappadona Landscape Co. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Cappadona Landscape Co. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Cappadona Landscape Co. offer a senior discount?

No, Cappadona Landscape Co. does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by Cappadona Landscape Co.?

No, Cappadona Landscape Co. does not offer warranties.

What services does Cappadona Landscape Co. offer?

Cappadona Landscape Co. offers the following services: Spring/Fall clean ups, mulching, regular maintenance, shrub trimming. Landscape design and consultation, sod and seed installation. Flower and shrub installation, transplanting of flowers and shrubs. Decorative or retaining walls and patios consisting of stone, or prefab blocks and caps, brick and paver walkways, patios, and driveways. Snow management: plowing, sand/salt, ice melt, and removal

Are there any services Cappadona Landscape Co. does not offer?