Boston's Best Chimney

Founded 1989 • With Angi since November 2002

Boston’s Best Chimney is your one stop chimney service company specializing in every aspect of chimney maintenance and repair. We feature chimney sweeping, chimney relining, chimney repairs, chimney rebuilding and chimney restorations at competitive rates. BBC has provided top quality service to homeowners and businesses in and around the Boston area since 1989. We have received numerous accolades for our old world craftsmanship and new world technology. Boston's Best Chimney has over 35,000 satisfied clients and is well respected in the local market both among homeowners and realtors. In addition to our residential homes serviced we have extensive experience with commercial venting. Award winning....

A Service Provider's profile image

chimney repair (394)chimney sweep (164)chimney cap repair (134)masonry (60)fireplace services (47)HVAC Companies (12)water heaters (5)gas fireplace repair (1)cabinet makers (6)stucco (4)animal removal (2)lawn care (1)

04/06/2022

Maddy W.

Very professional and has a reasonable estimate.

Description of Work
Checked the chimney.

Work Completed On 04/06/2022

05/17/2021

Allison B.

We had a very good experience with Boston's Best Chimney, who took down our old chimney and rebuilt it, adding a new cap. They were prompt and professional, and though we had prepared ourselves for some inevitable noise from the project, there was barely any loud noise the entire day, while we were both working inside remotely with our jobs. They also contacted our adjacent neighbor, whose second floor porch received some debris from the demolition, so that by the time I called him as a courtesy just to let him know, he had already been informed and it was not an issue. The new chimney looks great from the sidewalk, and although we can't climb up onto the roof to inspect closely, we think they did a very careful job. They also completely cleaned up after the project and hosed everything down, which was much appreciated. We thought their price was reasonable and we would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Rebuilding our chimney

Category custom cabinets

Work Completed On 05/17/2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and leaving us a review. We are so grateful for your kind words. Thank you for your business - we appreciate it very much!

01/18/2021

Michael M.

Called regarding a leak in the chimney. Was informed that there would be a fee of over $100 just to come out and provide estimate for repair. That seems questionable to me.

Description of Work
Leak Repair

Category custom cabinets, chimney repair

Work Completed On 01/18/2021

I am very sorry you did not have a great experience. Based on our conversation about your specific leak and the "fixes" you already tried, we recommended having a visual inspection done. Water leaks can be difficult to diagnose because they can migrate from different areas, but present as chimney leaks. We encourage clients to move forward with a full visual inspection to gain inside access to see where the leak is in the home, and perform a water test if weather allows in order to provide our best professional assessment. Should you already know the specific repair you are looking for, we are more than happy to provide you with a free estimate rather than a full inspection.

12/02/2020

Thomas T.

Boston's Best Chimney was phenomenal. They were professional from the front office staff to the chimney repair team. The front office called the day before to confirm both the inspection and the work. We needed our water heater exhaust flue relined and a chimney cap replaced. Kevin and his team were top notch. He was knowledgeable and gave great advice. We decided to defer Smoketite and relining the main chimney for a few years since we weren't going to burn any wood in the fire place until my toddler was older. The work came under the quote. I will definitely return to Boston's Best Chimney in a few years when I need the main chimney flue relined or if I need additional work. I give them my highest recommendation.

Description of Work
Chimney cap, Water heater exhaust flue, inspection

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 12/02/2020

11/27/2020

Robin R.

Excellent. I called for emergency help as my plumber said furnace shut down was due to block in flue. It was cold and I needed flue fixed asap to be able to get heat back on. Boston sweeps had no available appointments, but switched me to their emergency service consideration and came out same day for $150 "mercy service extra fee. That seemed fair to me as they - and others - were booking into January. They did an excellent clean out (man in bsmt/man on roof) and made strong recommendation to reline chimney, replace cap to avoid future blockages. I trust their recommendation as a several years back a chimney sweep said we would soon need to reline. They sent me an estimate by next day. It was pricey, but I think it is because it's a 3 story house. the estimates I saw online were significantly lower, but they were national and did not specify height of chimney. All in all, very solid work and can't argue (much) with the estimate.

Description of Work
clear blockage in flue

Category chimney sweep, animal removal

Work Completed On 11/27/2020

11/12/2020

ELIAHU E.

Went very well. Team was very professional and courteous. Respected COVID-19 practices. This is the second time we hired them. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Chimney inspection and cleaning

Work Completed On 11/12/2020

07/28/2020

susan R.

Boston Best Chimney did excellent work on the demolition and rebuild of my chimney (from the roof up) and installation of a chimney cap and flashing. The new chimney looks great, fine masonry work. All done for a reasonable and competitive price too. The crew were courteous and cleaned up very efficiently when the job was done.

Description of Work
Chimney rebuild, from roof up

Work Completed On 07/28/2020

06/01/2020

Maureen K.

We had several email exchanges with Lindsey and she was very helpful and informative. In the end we have decided to postpone the work since we are selling the house. If the buyer wants us to perform work on the chimney, we will definitely use Boston's Best Chimney.

Description of Work
Needed a 70 year old chimney inspected and possibly repaired

Work Completed On 06/01/2020

05/15/2020

Scott G.

Boston's Best Chimney is excellent. It was easy to set up an estimate and schedule the work. Chad did the job, and he is great. I highly recommend BBC.

Description of Work
Chimney crack repair and chimney liner

Work Completed On 05/08/2020

01/29/2020

Norma S.

It went fantastic! Anyone needing work on their chimney.....get this company to your home.

Description of Work
Chimney liner and new piping. A cap. Waterproof the top of our chimney.

Work Completed On 01/21/2020

01/13/2020

Ernie B.

I scheduled an appointment for January 13th at 8am. I took the morning off work for this appointment. I called in at 9:30am the morning of the appointment after no one showed up or called to say they would be late. I was told the person responsible for writing down the appt. had "forgotten" to enter it into their system. I lost half a day of work for this. Totally un professional, I will find another service provider.

Description of Work
chimney inspection and sweep

Category chimney sweep

Mr. [Member Name Removed] is absolutely right. I responded to the email from home which came in during our office Christmas break and I forgot to secure the date upon our return. As soon as I heard the error, I called back the client and personally apologized, offered a discount and to get someone over there right away - which he declined. I do understand the domino effect that my personal error caused, and as I said on the phone, truly sorry.

01/07/2020

Lee P.

They came for a chimney inspection. Were here for <10 minutes. Told us that we could not use either chimney. Did not sweep or clean. Told us that the front chimney needed a new liner (which was confirmed by another chimney person) and the back chimney needed a fan. I called multiple other chimney folks, who let me know that the back chimney could likely be used as long as we primed the fire place appropriately. We are using the back chimney and did not need the $4000 repair they quoted us. The quote also took weeks to get to us. The quote for the liner was also quite higher than anyone else. Would not use them as do not think they spent enough time here and were trying to sell us things we did not need.

Description of Work
Chimney inspection and evaluation

Category chimney repair, fireplaces

Work Completed On 01/07/2020

I'm sorry you were not happy with the service, [Member Name Removed]. I understand that the quote for the rear chimney was given as an option should you have trouble with draft. I know that the technician also gave you a call on 11/22 to discuss the quote, but the person who answered the phone said they were "all set". We're always happy to answer any questions and discuss projects with our clients. It sounds like our assessment on the other chimney was accurate.

11/25/2019

Maureen V.

It went very well. They explained that it wasn't a regular built fireplace because it has a unit in it that does burn wood. It is so electronic. They were able to unclog stuff that got into it because it needs a new cap. The problem is the unit as they explained thankfully the company is still in business that made the unit. That is what one would call being the best and going beyond. Also being thorough they are checking with the company that made the unit to see if they do have a cap so it can be repaired. Now that is being the best in their business and going out of their way to help their customers. Which thankfully we are grateful for and to them. They are so knowledgeable about every aspect of their business.

Description of Work
To inspect my Chimney and clean it. To see about repair and a cap.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 11/22/2019

10/23/2019

Sandra D.

The service guy tried to get us to purchase a liner for over $2,000 and when we said no, he told us his company would not do service for us again because we didn't get the liner. We have a brand new furnace, less than a year old, and we were told we didn't need a liner.

Description of Work
furnace chimney sweep

Work Completed On 10/23/2019

I'm sorry you were not happy with the service. During the sweeping of the heating flue at this property, debris and tiles started to fall down and collect at the base. The client was informed of our findings, given a quote to repair, and proactively told that we would not be able to service this chimney in the future because we would continue to cause more damage. There was a discount given for the sweeping.

10/18/2019

Dana B.

Wonderful crew, great work! Prompt, attentive folks everything went as planned..

Description of Work
new chimney liner, rebuild roof top chimney with new cap

Category custom cabinets, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 11/16/2021

07/27/2019

Connie C.

I would highly recommend this company. Although I did not have the repair work done I was very impressed with how quickly they responded to my request for an estimate and to my emails. Jackie worked with me to schedule an appointment when I could be there and Matt was very patient answering my questions and making suggestions. This is a very professional and efficient operation and I will definitely use them in the future. My only reason for not doing the repair was budgetary and Jackie even offered to discuss that. Also Matt had the estimate to me in writing the same day and it was detailed and complete. This is even more impressive since I had to chase the other companies for several weeks to get a written estimate and one company never even responded to my request for an appointment! If you need repair or cleaning You need to checkout Best Chimney first. Thank you Jackie and Matthew I will be in touch.

Description of Work
Chimney repair and install a chimney cap

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 07/27/2019

03/09/2019

Dave W.

We’ve used BBC several years now and we’re very satisfied with the work. Highly recommended, not the cheapest however I would say the value is worth the price. Two years ago they installed a chimney liner which solved smoke in the basement issue (double flue chimney). We still had issues with fireplace draw depending on weather conditions. Matt the owner came out and recommended we add a 2’ extension to the flue as he was highly confident that would solve issue. Two months an numerous fires later the draw is MUCH better. Thanks BBC!

Description of Work
Extended flue and put on smoke guard

Category masonry, chimney repair

Work Completed On 03/01/2019

01/24/2019

Emily C.

Chad and his crew did an amazing job from start to finish. We bought a house built in 1906 with the original chimney, which hadn't been swept or inspected in a long time, and was used for wood burning fires infrequently by the previous owners. While we thought all we'd need was a sweep to have a fire, it turned out the flue tiles showed signs of water damage from many years of being uncapped. The job ended up being more involved than we'd expected, and the work Boston's Best Chimney did was amazing. Their knowledge of the nuances of chimneys was incredible, and everything was explained in a detailed-yet-understandable way ahead of time. Once they started working, everything was taken care of in half a day. With even more detailed instructions on the work they did and the best ways to prep and build fires, we were sitting in front of a warm fire 24 hours later. We highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Flue lining and extension, new cap, sealing ash pit

Category chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

Work Completed On 01/18/2019

01/14/2019

Lee S.

The crew were very professional and courteous.

Description of Work
New steel liner

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney repair

Work Completed On 01/14/2019

12/22/2018

Robert H.

originally set an appointment to sweep the furnace chimney (SS liner) as I used to do until the chimney company I used went out of business. But they came and checked it out from basement and on the roof, said all was in good shape and that I didn't need a sweeping this year so only paid for inspection. Good deal!

Description of Work
annual chimney inspection

Work Completed On 10/11/2018

11/19/2018

Jamie K.

We've worked with Boston's Best Chimney every year for the last 5 years that we've been in our home. They are always super courteous on the phone for scheduling and also in person during the cleaning. Everyone has always been very nice, professional and they do a great job both in the process of the inspection and cleaning as well as cleaning up after and making sure to leave the space around the fireplace as clean as they found it. We keep coming back to them because they are great to work with and we would recommend them to anyone!

Description of Work
Chimney Cleaning and Inspection

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces

Work Completed On 11/04/2017

10/26/2018

Linda S.

Everything was prompt and professional. At our first meeting Chad explained what he would do and a cost estimate was provided. Parts had to be ordered and an appointment was set up for installation. On the day the work commenced, Chad and two other men arrived on time and worked most of the day, in the basement as well as outside. It was a pleasure to deal with someone who obviously knew what he was doing and the overall communication was excellent.

Description of Work
I needed a replacement for a metal chimney that attached to my furnace, as the old one was deemed in poor shape.

Category chimney caps, chimney repair