Norwood Overhead Door Co

Founded 1987 • With Angi since July 2010

20 Merchants Dr Unit 3

Walpole, MA 02081

Cash, check, visa mastercard...

09/17/2018

Paul M.

Straightforward fix, no problems.

Description of Work
Fixed seized garage door pulley wheel.

03/16/2016

John H.

12/23/2015

Ana M.

Peter had the more expensive of the two quotes we got for the installation of our garage door, but was able to provide the option we wanted. They stock Garaga brand doors. The work was done all in one day and we are very happy with our new door.

Description of Work
Installed new automatic garage door.

11/13/2015

Justin A.

Excellent work! Peter came out and checked out the garage first and explained clearly what they would do. He was very easy to talk to - personable, honest and friendly. When the job was completed, I was very impressed. Everything was squared off so nicely. It looks amazing. Fantastic work! Clearly these guys take great pride in what they do. Incidentally, I had a bad experience with another garage door company (out of Foxboro) so when my previous doors fell apart prematurely at just 10 years old I was very particular in who I chose for this next set of doors. Peter did not disappoint - in fact he even pointed out some issues with the way they were done previously that had annoyed me as well (but which the previous guy brushed off). He took care of all of these little issues with trim and so forth while he was at it.

Description of Work
Replaced our garage doors, including the tracks.

04/23/2015

Sharyn F.

Description of Work
Replaced springs and eye set on garage door

03/17/2015

Lynne K.

It was excellent. It was one person. He came and did it when I was gone. It is a small operation. I have always dealt with Peter Barrows and he has been wonderful.

Description of Work
They installed garage doors and replaced a garage door when a snowplough hit it.

12/30/2014

Thomas L.

never called back

Description of Work
never called back

10/17/2014

James N.

Not too many details -- kind of the way you want a project like this to go! I went on their site to look at different styles and construction of doors available, picked a couple of options, talked to them and decided. I placed the order, and a couple of weeks later they installed them. Installation was quick and they left the garage neat as a pin.

Description of Work
Norwood Overhead Doors have been my company for the 20 years I've owned my home. They've always come promptly when I needed repairs and always not only repaired the door that was broken but inspected and adjusted the others. This spring I replaced my old doors. Their price was fair, they were pleasant to work with, and the work went fast.

08/24/2014

Weibin Z.

One of our garage door opener was giving flashing lights for a while, and finally it stopped working. I called the Norwood Overhead Door (since it's name/phone # is on our G-openers, and good review in Angies list), and a gentleman (I should remember his name, but it's been 2 months. Plus, things went smoothly so I don't need to call him again and again) came out for check out and determine it needs a new circuit board. 1-2 days later, he returned and replace the circuit board and surely the G-opener worked again. My second G-opener seems to be having the same error. But this gentleman explained to me that it could be caused by the faulty G-opener, and no need to replace the circuit board yet in the 2nd G-opener. If it ends up needing one in a few months, he would come out to replace it without charge service fee. Now it has been 2 months, and both G-opener work OK. He also show me how to program both my remotes to operate both G-openers! With two visits, he only charge for one service call fee and the parts cost. He is very honest, professional, and I'll definitely call him again for future service. Thanks, Weibin

Description of Work
fixed the garage door opener error (flashing lights) by replace a circuit board

07/18/2014

Sandor V.

They said that they will do the job then they will be meeting in five minutes.They didn't complete the job. They wanted to change only one. I would not use them again in the future.

Description of Work
They didn't complete the job.

02/19/2014

Thomas M.

Description of Work
Replaced one door spring. Lubricated track rollers. Did not have a spring for the opener to door release cable.

02/09/2014

Tim B.

Description of Work
Replaced three garage doors and two openers. Pete was very responsive and easy to deal with during initial negotiations and during multiple option changes before finalizing the order. The install team did a great job and left the garage cleaner than it was when they arrived. I would definitely recommend Norwood Overhead Door.

Category garage doors

[member name removed]you are completely happy with the doors. Thanks for the business.

09/16/2013

chris F.

Pete was great to work with. Very responsive to all my questions and concerns. Very reasonably priced. I would highly recommend there services. We could not be more pleased

Description of Work
Replace old garage door with new one. Installed a automatic opener and installed some Azek trim around garage door.

Category garage doors

[Member name removed], thank you for the nice review. It was great working with you. Best of luck in the new house.

07/25/2013

Christine O.

They were very good. They were very clean, efficient, and punctual. They did a very nice job and their price was reasonable. They were very nice people and they did their job cleanly and quietly.

Description of Work
I have used Norwood Overhead Door Co Inc. They installed two garage doors and a new door opener for me.

06/24/2013

Jeffrey H.

It went smoothly

Description of Work
Installed new garage door openers

Category garage doors

Thank you very much for the feedback. We are glad that you are happy with everything.

06/13/2013

Jeffrey H.

It was great. They did a good job.

Description of Work
Norwood Overhead Door installed the garage door openers for me.

12/15/2011

joseph O.

They had originally installed the door for me several years ago. The service call probably cost me more than the original installation. I thought it was a lot of money. The person who came out, very quickly identified what the issue was. It just took him a minute to see what was wrong with the door. He came right out when I called.

Description of Work
I used Norwood Overhead Door Co Inc a couple of years ago for a door repair service.

Category doors

08/20/2011

Carol C.

We are sold on Norwood Overhead Door. When he first came to give us an estimate, he said the old door opener motor was ready to fall . Peter preceded to get up on the ladder and removed it before anyone got hurt. He then wrote up the estimate and gave it to us. No charge at all for the work he did that day and the amount was in the middle of the other three we had received. But we knew we were going to hire him even before looking at the quote. Norwood Door was recommended by the salesman who sold us our siding (who we were very happy with also).

Description of Work
Peter came out to replace the old door on the agreeded date. He did a good and speedy job installing the new door, he then removed all the old stuff and took it with him.

Metro Door Boston

Metro Door Boston serves the needs of residential Garage Doors in Boston, MA and the entire metro area, as far north as New Hampshire and Western Massachusetts. We offer same day service, the highest quality products with the best customer service around. We have a vast selection of new overhead doors and offer the latest automatic openers with the newest technology including iPhone and internet capabilities, so we can help our clientele with anything from light duty commercial doors to handmade doors including stained wood, steel and vinyl carriage house doors to roll up door designs to specialty doors.

Boston Pella Windows & Doors

Call Center hours: Monday Through Friday 8am - 6pm

PRECISION DOOR & WINDOW INC

Welcome to Precision Door & Window Inc., where you receive top-quality service, products, and selection. At Precision Door & Window Inc., we believe that quality products and services encourage long-lasting business relationships. We have been serving the public since 1961. Precision Door & Window Inc. is pround to offer products that are Energy Star Rated. EMAIL SALES@PRECISIONDOORANDWINDOW.COM

Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa