Ralph J Burke Roofing

Founded 1941 • With Angi since June 2001

27 Byron St

Wakefield, MA 01880

A Tradition of Excellence – Since 1928 Ralph Burke Roofing offers skilled workmanship, a lifetime of experience and a commitment to satisfaction for each and every customer for over three generations. We choose only the highest quality roofing materials for your specific roofing needs, offer custom extruded aluminum gutters in 15 colors that complement the aesthetic of your home and the best guarantee in the business on all of our workmanship. ...

11/18/2020

Mary K.

EXCELLENT! Ralph Burke roofing was extremely professional, providing me with a quote within a day or two of my request for it. The scheduling of the work was timely and the job itself was fantastic. The crew came on time and was very courteous and left the work scene super neat and clean. I love my new roof and the job they did! Couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
side porch roof and partial back roof gutter replacement

06/30/2020

Laura S.

He was wonderful. They were great to work with and did an excellent job. I highly recommend him to everyone.

Description of Work
He installed a new roof.

09/02/2019

Beth T.

Ralph and his crew were very responsive and professional. They finished the job quickly and cleaned up after each day on the job. I would recommend their services.

Description of Work
They put a new roof on our house

08/24/2019

Mary Jane C.

Good interaction with contractor; Ralph came out to estimate promptly and was easy to communicate with; we very nearly went with him, it was practically a toss-up with the contractor we chose. This company hand-nails the shingles, which makes the price higher than companies that don't, but not a lot higher and worthwhile if you prefer that approach. During the estimate visit Ralph talked about many aspects of the job and other useful, informative things besides; we hired someone whose company was similarly well-rated but who was more brief and businesslike. So I declined to hire a guy because he was friendly and good to talk to? I am still scratching my head about that. We ended up having a good experience with the contractor we hired, but I think Ralph's company would have been good too.

Description of Work
New shingle roof for house & garage

12/03/2018

Maria C.

I called this morning and Ralph picked up the phone right away. I explained that I thought there was a leak in my roof--there was water damage in one of the upstairs rooms. He offered to come over the same day. He was able to identify the source of the leak and also took care of a problem with the chimney flashing, and cleared the gutters so there wouldn't be any more problems. His work was meticulous, and you can't tell from down below that there is a repair to the roof. He was very conscientious to clean up after himself, and offered me some advice on some other matters. I got exactly what I needed and more!. I was happily surprised that I was able to get same-day service (I wouldn't expect that from any small business as I assume they are quite occupied). This was very much appreciated as I now am expecting there will be no more water damage in my upstairs room. Thanks Ralph!

Description of Work
I had a leak in my roof

Category gutter cleaning, roofing

11/30/2018

M F.

Never got a response to my calls requesting contact. Would never recommend them; not sure why Angie’s List would list non-responsive business?

Description of Work
Leaky roof

I’[Member Name Removed] sorry for not responding. We get a very high volume of calls and we try to call everyone, but we know sometimes we miss Thanks Ralph

08/16/2018

Kyle G.

Dan Burke did an excellent job and far exceeded expectations. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
New roof and gutters.

08/04/2018

christine H.

Dan Jr and his team were on time, worked steadily and hard, protected the plantings, lawn and deck and cleaned up thoroughly. We were very pleased with the work.

Description of Work
Replaced roof and skylight of an addition on the house.

Category roofing, skylights

07/19/2018

James M.

They did a good job, they did exactly what we agreed to. The price was good and the roof doesn't leak anymore..job well done.

Description of Work
New Roof For My Shed

07/05/2018

Marcella F.

Looks perfect. Good job. Cleaned up. Very happy with it. Fair price. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
New roof.

06/06/2018

Kate M.

We moved into our home a couple years ago and it became evident over time that we needed a new roof. After getting quotes from several reputable companies in the area, we decided on Burke Roofing. We first spoke with Ralph Burke who provided us with a quote and actually went up on our roof to inspect it (you would be surprised how many roofers just gave us a quote without going up there). He explained everything thoroughly and answered all of our follow up questions (there were a few). Dan Burke (his brother) and crew came and replaced our roof over the course of two days. They were promptly on time both mornings and did a great job putting on the new shingles and sanding our flashing and what not. The roof looks great - we went with colonial slate (color) - and we are very happy thus far with the end result. We would definitely hire them again!

Description of Work
Full Roof Replacement

06/04/2018

Charles W.

Dan and his crew did a terrific job. Dan kept me informed of their timing, and started within a few days of his initial estimate (wet weather slowed them down). They worked hard, finished in 2 1/2 days, and the roof looks terrific. They did a phenomenal job of clean-up. When I called Dan about one spot that had bedeviled us for years and a rainstorm showed they didn't quite solve the first time, he was there within a couple of hours, and had completed the fix within a day. Everything's been dry and tight since. Only time can really tell with a roofing job, but a month after their work, I couldn't be more pleased.

Description of Work
Complete roofing job: stripped the roof and replaced shingles, installed rubber roof on a portion with a very shallow pitch, replaced rotten trim with non-rotting composite, and installed new gutters where needed

04/10/2018

Donna C.

The crew came on time and completed the work in one day. They took all the trash and left my property very clean.

Description of Work
New rubber roof on flat roof

03/29/2018

Brian G.

The crew (headed by one of the Burke brothers sons) came at 7:30 sharp and were finished by 3pm. They did an absolutely fantastic job. The previous flashing job was execrable, which was why our ceiling was leaking. They repaired/replaced the old stuff with new and put down new shingles as well. They did a seamless job....it looks like it was always like that (and should have been). 5 stars indeed. And they clean gutters too!

Description of Work
We needed a new roof over the family room and some repair work around the main chimney.

Category gutter cleaning, roofing

03/06/2018

Robert M.

I discovered the problem in the early AM and called the company at about 8am. I was told they had 15 in the queue but with the grace of God would get to my house. They arrived at 4pm, took pictures of the damage for my insurance company, and replaced the tiles in less than 30 minutes.

Description of Work
Peak roof tiles had blown off in a day long wind storm.

01/29/2018

Michael H.

It was a great experience from start to finish. Ralph responded promptly to my website inquiry, came out on his own to review the work, and provided a quote. Once I notified him I had chosen him to do the work, he promptly responded with a timeframe. A few days later I received a call, saying the project would proceed that afternoon. I came home to the completed work. They repaired the areas of missing shingles and installed 2 new downspouts that had been missing.

Description of Work
roof repair (missing shingles due to wind) and 2 new downspouts

11/13/2017

Mike P.

Dan Burke came out and looked at the external roof and inside in the attic. He mentioned a couple of particular problems that I could address, and actually said the roof probably has a few years of life left. He gave me a quote for the repair-only, as well as for a full replacement with quality architectural shingles (e.g. - GAF), leaving the option to me. I ended up going with the repair for now, and monitoring the roof. The repair was done quickly and cleanly, and I didn't need to be there. The quote for full roof was better than I feared (~$10k for newer colonial w/ 2-car attached). Will definitely call Burke Roofing again when I'm ready to replace the roof.

Description of Work
I had a few shingles that had fallen off over the past year on an aging roof. I thought it might be time to replace the roof, but I minimally needed repairs and advice.

11/03/2017

Liping Z.

My house is 2 year old but had leaked after the Sunday storm. Ralph came for an inspection and he thinks the leak was caused by a minor defect. He caulked the spot right there. I insisted in paying him, but he said that he will not charge me for such a small job. You don't find such a good man now a days. I'd hire him again.

Description of Work
Leaking roof

10/18/2017

Judy M.

Ralph paid a site visit, gave me great advice and a quote on the spot. He had done a similarly speedy, professional, and cost competitive job installing a new roof two years previous, so I trusted him to do a great job on the gutters—and he delivered.

Description of Work
Replaced 20-year-old, leaking gutters.

10/17/2017

Deb B.

Very well. Workers were professional. It took 2 days for each townhome. They worked efficiently and swiftly. Ralph Burke is great to work with and he has done roof repair work in our association previously. We appreciate his partnership and expertise. And, he's a pleasure to work with! We thought the cost was fairly priced for the work done considering the difficulty of the pitches and given the small area in which they had to work.

Description of Work
Roofs on two homes in our small association needed to be replaced. The roofs have many peaks and pitches...so both were difficult work...not an easy roof by any means. Work involved aluminum ice shielding in valleys and all roof edges.

10/04/2017

Nancy M D.

They were here before 7 A. M. last Friday and finished the whole project by 5 P. M.

Description of Work
I needed my old flat, white rubber roof removed and the new white rubber roof installed in one day.

09/28/2017

Neil L.

Absolutely excellent! Work performed in an excellent manner, kept me informed each step of the way, explained any changes in the work necessary and changes in cost required and the crew was pleasant and worked their butts off on four extremely hot days! Cleaned up all debris, even using large portable magnets over the entire lawn to get up any nails. I would recommend them without reservation For some reason even after repeated attempts I cannot fill in the cost of service box below. The total cost was approximately $15,000. Coupled with the new paint job I did myself my house looks great!

Description of Work
Complete home roof stripping, large areas of wood replaced and new roof installed. One area of wood and gutter replaced, areas chimney mortar replaced and painting of a roof above roof gable area.

09/25/2017

Matthew O.

Ralph's team were on time and got the work completed in less than a day. Ralph also personally came back to clean out an existing downspout that he forgot to mention to his guys at the time of the gutter install. I appreciated his quick response and dedication to his customers. I would use him again for my roofing needs.

Description of Work
Ralph replaced a damaged gutter and added a new gutter to the porch on the front of my house along with a new fascia board.

Category gutter repair

08/08/2017

Steve H.

Extremely pleased with professionalism, honestly, and timeliness. Top rate contractor and fair prices. Very punctual and meticulous with details. His responsiveness was great. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Roof and skylight replacement.

Category roofing, skylights

06/17/2017

Roger C.

Everything went fine. Emergency temporary repair was done same day. Detailed assessment was made and quote for complete job was received in two days. Once insurance compensation was verified and chimney repairs were completed, the job was scheduled. Roofing repairs were performed on schedule. Workmen polite, workmanship fine, cleanup complete. A pleasure to work with, communicates well, would recommend to anyone.

Description of Work
Roof needed repairs and surface replacement from falling tree damage. Also required replacement of some damaged trim boards. Separate contractor masonry work was required for chimney damage.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

B&D Construction and Painting

B&D Construction & Painting has more than 10 years of experience maintaining the exterior of homes and business around the North Shore in tip top shape. As a leader in the roofing industry we are 100% committed to excellence. Our job is not done until you, the customer, are satisfied. We only use the best materials for all of our work and we "hand nails" all our roofing projects. Our services are the following: installing and repairing residential and commercial roofs, as well as gutter installation, fascia and sofit installation, exterior and interior painting, and fences installation. Our main goal is to create a long lasting relationship with our clients, by providing the best level of service to all of our customers, while at the same time delivering quality work that is unmatched in the industry.

Royal Power Washing

I specialize in exterior home cleaning services such as house siding, fencing, roofs, driveways and more. You can call me now for a free estimate (978)-404-0291

Offers by Royal Power Washing on Angi
    Action Roofing & Construction Inc.

We don't complete roof repairs, we are a shingled roof replacement specialist with special pricing for Angie's List Members.. Action Roofing And Construction has been serving residential customers throughout the greater Woburn, Massachusetts area for more than 9 years. David Krasny, the owner and president, has years of construction experience and he will be the only one dealing with you. Once you work with us, you'll see what separates Action Roofing and Construction from the rest.

Residential roofing, some residential carpentry, flat roofs, aluminum gutter installation, rubber roofing & all types of roof repairs.