Arbor Tree Service

Founded 1977 • With Angi since May 2010

11 Spring Ave

Wakefield, MA 01880

Arbor Tree Service is a licensed full service professional tree company that has been providing New Englander's with all their tree care needs since 1977. We have a full veteran staff. Additional DBA - Arbor Tree Service Inc....

02/09/2021

Kevin M.

Great, Bob was responsive came the same day to take a look and a few days later came back to do the work. All done quickly and with no fuss.

Description of Work
two trees were damaged with heavy snow, we need them topping and the trucks removed

08/15/2020

Karen and John D.

It went very well. They were here when they said they would be. They were efficient and professional. I would recommend them and use them again..

Description of Work
Tree limbs cut and removed

12/27/2017

Catherine P.

We needed to cut 2 huge trees and prune another one around our property and the neighbors. One of the trees was dying and the branches were falling making it dangerous for us and the neighbors. The trees were really close to the house and the branches were falling on the roof. Bob Moses and his team did a great job and very fast. We were so surprised on the quality and how fast he got the trees down with no inconvenience for us or the neighbors.

Description of Work
We needed to cut 3 huge trees around our property and the neighbors.

04/10/2017

Pat N.

They did a superb job with minimal disruption. Everything was cleaned up and the debris was removed before they left. Very reliable and the price was more than reasonable. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Removed 2 very old and tall trees and the stumps from the backyard.

10/06/2016

AMANDA R.

Very very happy with Arbor! The price was very reasonable and the work they did was impeccable. Bob really knows what he's talking about and spotted some really subtle problems that could have led to major damage if the tree hadn't been dealt with. They were very respectful of the property and left it cleaner than it was when they came! I will be using Arbor again for sure.

Description of Work
5 trees taken down, extensive pruning

07/06/2016

Christine M.

Bob was amazing to work with. His knowledge of trees was quite impressive. Very professional, spent quite a bit of time with me to talk about options and even worked with my neighbors to coordinate having their tree work and mine done on the same day! His team was great. They took wonderful care of my property and were all pleasant and respectful. Overall, the service was high quality and very personal. I would absolutely recommend working with Bob and Arbor Tree Service on any project!

Description of Work
I needed to have a large tree (approx 70-80 feet tall) removed from my backyard. He had to bring in the crane and take the tree out over the house.

09/07/2015

FRANK M.

After my call Bob (the owner) came immediately to assess the situation. Other tree companies gave me the party line. We're booked, can't get to you for weeks. He pushed his schedule out one day and arrived the next day on time with all his equipment. His staff was well trained and was very careful with my property. They placed ground mats for the trucks to drive over which limited lawn damage. Bob is very easy to talk to and he kept me briefed during the day. Because the location was difficult to reach (I have underground plumbing) Bob brought in a really big crane. The cutting and tree removal went very well. His people cleaned up very nicely. Bob also answered my questions regarding the insurance process and the insurance adjusters part in all of this. He also wrapped the shed roof to keep the weather out (this is not usually part of his service). My go-to guy for future work, for sure.

Description of Work
Because of the seriousness of my situation Bob modified his schedule and came with his crew the next day. He removed the trees from the roof of my multi story shed, cut up and hauled away all the felled trees, cleaned up the area and wrapped the roof to keep out the elements.

08/12/2015

Bree R.

Bob Moses and his crew are awesome. I had a huge tree fall in my yard, taking a couple other trees and a pergola down with it. It happened far in my backyard where it was difficult to access and it was huge and still attached, posing great danger in removal. I spoke with a couple tree guys and Bob instilled great confidence in me with his impressive equipment and understanding of all the ins and outs of dealing with the insurance company. He came to my house a couple of times to try to find ways to make it work with a crane, but it all had to be removed manually. the crew was on time, worked efficiently and left the yard looking great. The bill he wrote up was very detailed and made the insurance inspection post-removal go very smoothly. I highly recommend Bob Moses and Arbor Tree Service!

Description of Work
Massive tree removal from a difficult location.

07/09/2015

Gerard L.

Bob was easy to contact and keep in touch with. He was very knowledgable and took the time to explain how and why the work was being done. He was very eager to get the job done since we had the work quoted right before all the blizzards started in January. As soon as the snow melted enough, his crew came out and got all the cutting done in a day. The crew came back a second day for a short time to grind the remaining stumps. We are very happy with the professionalism and quality of work. I'd definitely hire Bob's crew again in the future if needed. Thank you!

Description of Work
Cut down 7 large (70+ feet tall) pine trees, trimmed a few others that were overhanging the house, removed 6 shrubs/bushes, and ground up 8 tree stumps.

06/02/2015

Linda F.

It went extremely well; we would hardly know that the trees ever existed. We would highly recommend Bob and his staff for any tree related job.

Description of Work
They cut down four white pine trees, removed them, ground the stumps and removed the chips

05/01/2015

Anita C.

Bob Moses is very knowledgable and experienced. He explained all the work and arrived on time. He and his team are very professional. Bob has all the equipment necessary to get the work done. He was able to come quickly and did a fantastic job especially with the cleanup afterwards. Seriously, if the tree was not gone I would not have known they came. It was that clean - no sight of debris. I highly recommend his services. I would not hesitate to call them to do work for me again.

Description of Work
Cut down extremely large black oak tree and removed stump

12/22/2014

Dr Paul K.

I called Bob Moses to look at a very large locus tree on our property that hung over my next door neighbor's yard and shed. My husband and I weren't sure if it needed to be removed especially since the top of the tree was still covered in greenery but since it was slanting downward and could do some major damage if it fell, we wanted it looked at by a professional. Being an arborist, Bob was extremely knowledgeable on whether or not we needed to remove it. Our yard has numerous large trees and he also took the time to walk through the rest of the yard to see if there was anything else that needed our attention. We had already gotten three quotes and Bob's price was the most competitive especially since we needed to have a crane to remove the tree and he had the equipment necessary to do the job safely. He scheduled us right away and showed up promptly with a crew of four other men and four very large trucks each to do a different job. I actually watched them cut and move the large tree over the driveway with their crane. When it was lifted high above the driveway, I could actually see the underneath of the trunk and it was rotten down the center. With all the high winds we have gotten lately, I was relieved to see it go before it fell and caused some damage! They were so careful and meticulous with the removal never even coming close to our property and just moving the tree high above and over to the street where another piece of equipment picked it up with claws and pushed it in a chipper. Bigger pieces were put on a large truck. I actually had fun watching them work. They were done in an hour and even spent time sweeping up any small shavings left on the street. I was so impressed with how professional they were and how precise they worked as a team, each doing a different role. I would not hesitate to call them to do work for us again. We can't thank them enough!

Description of Work
Cut down a very large Locus Tree and a smaller Apple Tree

11/17/2014

RICHARD A.

Fantastic. They did a super job and were very professional. I would recommend them to anyone, you will not be sorry.

Description of Work
Removed four large red oak trees and trimmed another.

09/25/2014

GERHARD S.

Excellent job! Bob Moses is extremely professional. He returned my call quickly, came out the next day and did the job the day after that. The morning of the job he phoned to tell me he was sending the crew out, and they came shortly after. The stumps were between three and four feet in diameter, and were not easy to access, but Bob's crew came in and did the job in a morning. I can't speak highly enough of Bob Moses or his crew.

Description of Work
Arbor Tree ground down three very large stumps and two smaller ones. The work was difficult because one stump was on ledge and they had to work carefully around it, and two stumps were on a hill.

09/22/2014

Maeve L.

Bob Moses, owner of Arbor Tree Service, and crew are very professionally with many years of experience. He had cut down several large trees a few years back and we had him back again to remove many more to prep our yard for landscaping. They were able to cut down and remove many trees, some shrubs, and down trees and debris. He was able to come relatively quickly and did a great job especially with the cleanup afterwards. We highly recommend his services.

Description of Work
Cut down several trees, bushes, and haul other yard debris away.

09/08/2014

Ammanjah V.

I called, we set a time he'd come by to look. He asked me to send a text with the address. I did. He never showed, never heard from him again.

Description of Work
didn't show and didn't hear from again.

Category tree service

Sorry, when I saw the review I knew somehow our signals got crossed. Glad we were able to figure things out and again, sorry for the mix-up- thanks for your patience.

07/11/2014

Dave E.

Very responsive. Owner answered phone on Saturday, while 3 other companies either weren't open on Saturday or didn't get back to me until Monday, when I already had made arrangements. The crew was all very competent, did the work quickly and cleaned up good. Bob, the owner, was right there to inspect the work and make sure it was done properly I wold recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Removed large branches from two trees that were damaged by wind storm. They did it by climbing the trees so they would not damage our yard. I called them on Saturday and got connected to Bob Moses, the owner of the business , who arranged to come out on Monday morning to get the job done in the time frame I wanted.

06/12/2014

Rita G.

Bob Moses and his Arbor Tree Service is great. After the Halloween Blizzard of 2011, we had a number of damaged trees near our house. During the Summer of 2012, Bob and his crew removed around 20 trees of various sizes (I cannot remember the exact number now), but he gave us an excellent price, told us exactly what we would do, and showed up exactly when he said he would. As his crew dealt with the trees, they came across other "problem trees", which they took care of (after consulting with me) at no extra charge. They also ground down the extra stumps, again, at no extra charge. The entire crew were polite, treated us with respect (as well as our property) and left the place spotless. After they were done with my property, they took care of a small job at my sister's house, giving her a huge discount. Arbor Tree service is fantastic. I have been recommending them to my friends. They will be the first people I call when I need more trees removed.

Description of Work
Cut down trees & grind stumps

05/23/2014

Jennifer R.

Incredibly thoughtful and helpful, prompt and professional.

Description of Work
Removed 5 large trees and all shrubs from building site.

05/09/2014

Radhika K.

I received an excellent service from Bob to get this job done. Bob is very punctual and responds vert promptly. His team arrived dot on time and performed the entire job very meticulously. The clean-up after the tree cutting was also really good. They have some really good and heavy machines and equally good team to execute the job. Thanks a lot Bob.

Description of Work
Cut around 15 small to medium side trees in the back-yard

04/17/2014

monique R.

We had a tree split on the property line (2 feet from a neighbor's garage), emailed several companies, got a quick response in email, response on the telephone and very professional scheduling and crew. Every detail was handled well.

Description of Work
We had an emergency tree split and this company immediately responded, taking down the tree and managing another issue in the yard for us.

04/14/2014

Brian D.

There is no way that this tree could have been removed in a more timely, professional, and efficient manner. An elderly neighbor enjoyed the show from his porch about 20' away, and afterward summed it up by saying, "That was unbelievable!!" Another challenge to this project is that I live very close to an elementary school and if the project wasn't complete within a narrow window we'd have had to shut down for an hour when school let out. As it went, Bob and his crew were long gone by that time. I couldn't endorse Bob and his crews skill and execution in any stronger terms. If he says he can do it, he can do it.

Description of Work
After having a handful of tree services pass up on removing a very difficult-to-access mature tree from behind my house, Bob decided he could do it, and within 48 hours. Only 15 minutes later, a National Grid truck was in font of my house coordinating the removal with Bob: the tree was not only 6' from and above my house, it was just behind the property line, in a dense neighborhood, AND it was entangled with power lines. By the next afternoon, temporary protection was installed on the power lines. And the following morning, Bob showed up with the 6 or 7 vehicle calvary, what seemed like a dozen or more workers, a massive crane (that dwarfed my 2-story house) and a large bucket truck. The tree was removed in segments; lifted over my house, over the power lines, and into the largest wood chipper that might well exist. Sixty minutes later the tree was gone, 3 other small trees were dropped and everything was chipped, blown and swept up.

11/26/2013

Bryce F.

I would highly recommend Arbor Tree Service, both for their excellent work and responsiveness. We had 3 large oak trees in our front yard that needed to be removed. One of them with branches through the power lines. Bob came over the same day I called and provided an estimate, as well as his professional recommendations for another large patch of trees I have on the property that I thought could use some love and care. As a first time homeowner, his insight was extremely valuable and appreciated. Within a week of deciding to go with Arbor Tree Service, Bob and his crew showed up to remove the 3 oaks, grind the stumps, and trim several other trees on the property. They showed up on time, took extra care to protect our driveway and lawn, and cleaned up thoroughly at the end of the day. They even removed a big pile of brush that had been on the property when we bought the house. Another plus was having Bob check in at the beginning and end of the job to make sure everything was done right and to our satisfaction. The final price matched the estimate and was competitive with what other companies had quoted.

Description of Work
Removed 3 large oaks on the property, ground the stumps, and cleaned up the chippings. In addition, they trimmed up several other trees on the property, removing the deadwood, and did a complete clean up.

11/20/2013

John C.

Last August, I was looking to cut down some of my large oak trees. I had five estimates and the owner of Arbor Tree Service of Wakefield, MA provided me with good estimate and it was about 18% cheaper. The owner even helped me planned some bushes. And shrubs. Arbor Tree took down 4 large oaks trees, grind stomp(3 trees) and prune other trees. I even asked the crews to cut down some tree branches with no additional charges. His crews were extremely professional and hard-working folks. My house has a lot of cables and wiring, and there was not a single accident. I was very pleased with the services and strongly recommended Arbor Tree Services of Wakefield, MA to anyone.

Description of Work
cut down 4 large oaks trees, grind stomp(3 oak tree) and prune other trees

10/21/2013

peter K.

A very large oak on our property recently split in half, narrowly missing both ours and my neighbors houses. Bob was contacted - not only did he provide great advice around the situation, he also came right out to the house just a couple days later to take on the clean up, and give a quote on some further tree service. The clean up was very impressive. Bob himself, and one worker, did a very quick and thorough job removing the bulk of the mess - raking up every leaf that was left behind. We'd talked to Bob earlier this year and knew he'd be a great guy to work with - seeing him do the actual work bolstered that idea even more. In our meeting in the Spring, Bob gave us a very thorough quote, which he worked off of for this more urgent job. We ended up moving forward with about half of the original quote - I was determined to take out any other potentially dangerous tree - which he agreed with. Instead of pushing to do more work, Bob recommended doing what was 'financially reasonable'. Even though I really, desperately want to take down the very messy white pines in the back yard - Bob even said to wait till winter arrives. At that point (wallet permitting), he could get his equipment in the back yard, and the cold ground would minimize any damage to the ground. We agreed on several trees to remove, and several to be pruned - as well as grinding a couple of stumps. The best part of this - he was able to fit us in just a few days later. No waiting around - what an amazing feeling. Bright and early on a Thursday morning, a fleet of gleaming white trucks rolled into Indian Village. It was a sight to see - and most everyone stopped in their tracks to watch. It was like a parade. Bob and his crew are all very clean cut, wearing "Arbor Tree" branded shirts, and are very friendly. What a change from the last tree service we saw. Extreme care was taken to prevent damage to the lawn, driveway, and landscaping. Mats and planks were used anywhere equipment/hardware hit the ground. Safety of the crew was clearly a serious matter as well. They took organized breaks, and even offered to get ME a coffee during the morning Dunkin run. Amazing. Seriously. Before I knew it, 4 large trees were pruned, and 4 trees were surgically removed from the property - including the damaged split tree, which was straddled by the power/FIOS/phone lines and tangled in another tree. Branches were chipped, logs were loaded, and stumps were ground. The yard was raked, leaf-blown, and all debris from the grinding was cleaned up. The yard barely suffered a scratch. The thoroughness and professionalism here was an very impressive experience. By mid-afternoon the whole job was done - every downed leaf removed - and the crew headed off. Bob called later to ensure we were pleased, and indeed, we are.

Description of Work
Cleaned up a downed tree, removed several trees, pruned others, and ground stumps.