NEW MEADOWS AUTO REPAIR

Founded 1982 • With Angi since July 2010

86 CENTRAL ST

Topsfield, MA 01983

Servicing foriegn and domestic vehicles, no job too big or too small. Suspension and alignment specialists. Quality is our number 1 mission, we stand behind all of our work. A.S.E. certified....

08/18/2015

Gary S.

Description of Work
Replaced brakes and checked muffler.

08/16/2015

Daniel O.

Best possible outcome - fixed a major issue at a very reasonable cost. I plan to continue servicing our vehicle at New Meadows.

Description of Work
Fixed a clogged drain line for the sunroof, oil change, and inspection on my Lexus RX330

Category auto repair,car inspections

04/28/2015

Cheryl R.

Great, very pleased with his work.

Description of Work
We are new to the area and we found a great auto repair place. He has worked on all our cars from tune ups to brakes.

04/21/2015

Jeffery R.

Done well and delivered on time. Not a cheap fix though.

Description of Work
shift lever cable broke requiring replacement. Not an easy job on a Tundra.

04/15/2015

Amy M.

These guys were great. Very courteous and didn't do any unnecessary work. They are quite busy so I had a bit of a wait, but it was worth it to feel like I was getting good service.

Description of Work
Inspection, diagnose/ fix tire pressure problem

03/21/2015

LARRY L.

as promised, on time. New Meadows has always been willing to discuss alternatives to the full-price option; they came to our house once to help get a dead car started, not charge as we were customers. We haven't used them recently but I expect the same level of service if we need to.

Description of Work
Brakes, Alignment for Subaru Forester, safety check

Category auto repair,car tires

10/29/2014

James W.

While driving my 2003 Honda CRV in the summer of 2013 with the air conditioner on, I heard a grinding noise from under the hood. The air conditioner then stopped working. I did an internet search and found that Honda had a problem with the AC compressors failing which caused extensive damage to the whole AC system. The cost for repair at a Honda dealer was over $3,000.00 and the average cost for a repair was $2,600.00. New Meadows was listed on Angie's List so I gave them a call. They were very familiar with the problem and repaired my AC for $1,350, honoring my 10% off Angie's List coupon. The AC has been running perfectly for over a year now. A real bargain with professional an courteous service. This July I had many preventative maintenance items I wanted done so I again enlisted the services of New Meadows. I had the drive belt replaced, the cooling system flushed and new coolant added, the automatic transmission flushed and new fluid added, and an overall check of the vehicle. Once again New Meadows did not disappoint, the cost was excellent and the technician explained in detail what he had done and what I may consider doing in the future. I would highly recommend New Meadows for anyone considering automotive maintenance. The staff that I met, Scott, Dan and Chris are all professionals at the top of their game.

Description of Work
We have used New Meadows on two occasions. Once over a year ago to repair the air conditioning system on a 2003 Honda CRV. The air conditioner repair went so well that we took the Honda in for extensive preventative maintenance work a year or so later. And that work went well also.

10/01/2014

Frank R.

Description of Work
New Meadows replaced a fuel pump on my sons truck.

07/15/2014

Barbara M.

They are excellent. Their service is very fast and they are really good providers.

Description of Work
They fixed my air conditioning in my car.

07/14/2014

Jeffery R.

New Meadows put the car on a lift, unbolted the latch mech, and bungie-tied the hood down so that I could get it home to fix the cable and latch myself (as I had asked). They did not charge me a nickel for this. They just asked that I bring the bungee back when I could. Awesome!

Description of Work
While driving from CA home to MA, my son had the hood latch lock up on him. Some hack mechanic in Utah replaced the latch mechanism, then cut the old cable, but then said it would be 2 days minimum to get the cable! The car came home with the cut cable zip tied to the inner wheel, well and the inner fender tossed in the trunk.

06/20/2014

Paul D.

They were very professional and did a terrific job.

Description of Work
I was having a problem with my car periodically not starting, they worked on the car to find the cause.

05/29/2014

James W.

The 2003 Honda CRV is notorious for having the air conditioner compressor fail at around 70,000 miles. Mine actually blew apart putting a hole in compressor case. I read online that the whole air conditioning system is compromised because small metal pieces of the compressor contaminate the entire system. Recommended by Angie's List I contacted New Meadows Auto Repair who were familiar with this issue and had repaired many CRV's with this problem. Online there were many different price quotes for repairing the air conditioning system. I believe the average cost was over $2000.00. The Honda dealer cost was closer to $3,000.00. With the Angie's list discount I was able to get the repair done for just over $1300.00, a real bargain compared to what I had seen online. The mechanic was very professional and explained in detail what they had done to repair the AC. The shop was spotless and the service was excellent. A year later the AC is working fine. In the future I will be bringing my cars to New Meadows Auto Repair for all service work. Thank You Angie's List and New Meadows Auto repair.

Description of Work
Replaced the air conditioner system on my 2003 Honda CRV

01/20/2014

Kristen G.

03/07/2013

ERIC G.

Cooling system had mysterious but continuous leak. Initially thought that problem was with water pump (replaced about 3 years ago) but after further diagnosis, it was determined two internal hoses were leaking. Needed to remove manifold to access and after finding problem, did not have the time to fix (Wednesday) but also did not want to waste time re-assembling only to disassemble when time allowed and parts came in. Had to leave car for several days but they provided a loaner car over the extra days.

Description of Work
Cooling system had mysterious but continuous leak. Initially thought that problem was with water pump (replaced about 3 years ago) but after further diagnosis, it was determined two internal hoses were leaking. Needed to remove manifold to access and after finding problem, had to wait until hoses arrived. Had to leave car for several days but they provided a loaner car over the extra days.

03/03/2013

Theodore D.

Made an appointment. Brought in the car. Got a call with estimate. Picked the car up later in the day finished. No problems.

Description of Work
Brake rotors and pads

02/12/2013

Catherine C.

When I first went to Scott, he was able to diagnose a problem that 2 other mechanics had failed to recognize or fix. They have fixed everything from brakes to suspension to rattles to head gaskets for me. I highly recommend New Meadows.

Description of Work
I have been taking my Saabs to Scott for many years. He and his employees are professional, courteous and knowledgeable. They stick close to estimated costs and give me options before replacing parts or doing work (for example, in some cases a used part is fine, other times they don't recommend). Their price is sometimes a little higher, but with it comes the knowledge that the work is done correctly and all issues are addressed. On the rare occasions that I've had to go back because something wasn't quite right, they fixed the problem immediately. The most recent work was repair of brakes on a Saab 93.

04/06/2012

Frank R.

Excellent, no problems auto was repaired as promised.

Description of Work
Replaced rear brakes, performed front end alignment. They also replaced rear wheel bearings at not cost unf\der warranty for work done last year.

02/19/2011

Frank R.

They have done service work and repair work on my car in the past. I spent around $1200. Their price is a little bit higher, but they do excellent work. They are very accommodating in appointments and other stuffs. They are very professional.

Description of Work
I used the services of New Meadows Auto Repair in January. They replaced the exhaust system in the car.

Category muffler repair,auto repair

Auto Service
    Auto Inspections
    Auto Tires
    Auto Mufflers
    Auto Transmission

Engine work, transmission servicing, timing belts, tune-ups, brakes, suspension and steering work including shocks and struts, alignments, tires, batteries, oil changes, fluid flushes, check engine lights, AC work, electrical work, emission diagnostics, RV servicing, light and meduim duty truck work, inspection stickers-commercial, non-commercial, RV and trailers, trailer hitches.

Auto body/painting