Sylvester Electric Inc

Founded 2005 • With Angi since February 2010

As the country depends more and more on computers and other forms of automation to make life easier, dependence on electricity sees an equal increase. So when some part of your home’s electrical system begins to malfunction, you need a team that can correct it efficiently, and you need to be able to trust that the job was done right. The team at Sylvester Electric knows that this trust is extremely important, because of the potential for hazards in the event of poorly done work. However, their team of Dracut electrical specialists have been serving their community for over 30 years, and they are highly skilled in all aspects of electrical work. From home safety inspections and maintenance to outlet repair and breaker replacement, even wiring and installing things like ceiling fans, generators, lighting fixtures, and home theaters, this team is committed to providing the best possible quality in all work they perform. Call today to find out more about how they can help you!...

Living Room Lighting

+21 more images

electrician (53)lighting (16)home security systems (8)generator service (3)ceiling fan installation (2)landscape lighting (1)home theater installation (1)pool cleaning (1)

01/29/2022

Marissa A.

Business Logo Sylvester Electric 21 reviews Claimed Electricians, Lighting Fixtures & Equipment, Generator Installation/Repair Closed Hours updated 1 month ago Highlights from the Business FIXED_PRICING YEARS_IN_BUSINESS FAMILY_OWNED_OPERATED CERTIFIED_PROFESSIONALS 24_7_AVAILABILITY SATISFACTION_GUARANTEED Photos & videos See all 65 photos Photo of Sylvester Electric - Tewksbury, MA, US. Photo of Sylvester Electric - Tewksbury, MA, US. Photo of Sylvester Electric - Tewksbury, MA, US. Photo of Sylvester Electric - Tewksbury, MA, US. We are an Elite Service Provider with Home Advisor! Photo of Sylvester Electric - Tewksbury, MA, US. Photo of Sylvester Electric - Tewksbury, MA, US. Photo of Sylvester Electric - Tewksbury, MA, US. Photo of Sylvester Electric - Tewksbury, MA, US. Photo of Sylvester Electric - Tewksbury, MA, US. Photo of Sylvester Electric - Tewksbury, MA, US. Photo of Sylvester Electric - Tewksbury, MA, US. Don't leave your home unprepared for winter. Heavy up & increase the electrical power of your home's electrical circuit. Photo of Sylvester Electric - Tewksbury, MA, US. Using old equipment/appliances? Check 'em regularly. Inspect appliances for any signs of damage. Over 5 years, likely need to be replaced. Photo of Sylvester Electric - Tewksbury, MA, US. Photo of Sylvester Electric - Tewksbury, MA, US. Photo of Sylvester Electric - Tewksbury, MA, US. Make sure there's no damaged, unmonitored electrical currents or flammable substances nearby - static electricity can have powerful shocks. Photo of Sylvester Electric - Tewksbury, MA, US. Got Safety? Join Sylvester's Safety Savings Plan. Small membership fee unlocks amazing benefits-NO dispatch fees, Priority scheduling, etc Photo of Sylvester Electric - Tewksbury, MA, US. Photo of Sylvester Electric - Tewksbury, MA, US. Photo of Sylvester Electric - Tewksbury, MA, US. Photo of Sylvester Electric - Tewksbury, MA, US. Just how smart is your home? Photo of Sylvester Electric - Tewksbury, MA, US. Jump on our blog to read more about Arc Fault safety for you & your family! Photo of Sylvester Electric - Tewksbury, MA, US. Sun Power! Photo of Sylvester Electric - Tewksbury, MA, US. October is Fire Safety Month. More info & tips on our blog: [*** Link removed ***] Photo of Sylvester Electric - Tewksbury, MA, US. Photo of Sylvester Electric - Tewksbury, MA, US. Services Offered Verified by Business Commercial Services Electrical Panel Repair Generator Installation Lighting Installation Electrical Panel Installation EV Charging Station Installation Heater Installation Lighting Repair About the Business Business owner information Nick S. Manager Sylvester Electric, Inc., is a locally owned and operated business. We are a design, installation & full service company and take pride in every job we do. We guarantee 100% customer satisfaction. Our team of electricians in Lowell & Tewksbury have been serving the community for over 30 years, an… Location & Hours Map 1215 Main St Ste 104 Tewksbury, MA 01876 Serving Andover, MA Area Mon 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM Tue 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM Wed 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM Thu 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM Fri Closed Sat Closed Closed now Sun Closed Edit business info Amenities and More Masks required Staff wears masks Accepts Credit Cards Ask the Community Ask a question Yelp users haven’t asked any questions yet about Sylvester Electric. Recommended Reviews Your trust is our top concern, so businesses can't pay to alter or remove their reviews. Learn more. Search within reviews Search within reviews Yelp Sort M A. Somerville, MA 06 1/29/2022 $450 to install 3 light fixtures was not reasonable, especially since we just had similar work done by another contractor at another property for $250. I will credit the business for prompt service since we did need to get the job done at a specific time. They were also good at communicating arrival and came at the specified window. I have not gotten my receipt emailed to me yet. Please help. TLDR - needed work done in a pinch, it got done, communication was pro but the price was not reasonable. UPDATE: Looking at my card charges, the total was actually $529 for installing light fixtures. Looks like they still tack on the $79 estimate fee even if you go ahead with the work. That does not seem very customer-friendly. So now I can say the charge was over twice the amount that I paid another contractor for the same work. I do not recommend using this business. I did get a follow up call regarding this review and I appreciate the follow up/actions so I added an additional star to the review.

Description of Work
Install Light Fixtures

Work Completed On 01/28/2022

11/03/2021

Eunice N.

James and Steve went above and beyond fixing this wire. They also moved the electrical box from the basement to outside. They even cut down a bush that was a hazard to code. They were professional and friendly and cleaned up perfectly. I am so happy with this company. Their office staff were incredible! Efficient and so nice to talk to! Thank you all (especially James) for your great work!

Description of Work
Service entrance cable

Work Completed On 11/03/2021

Kara B.

Sylvester Electric fixed light switch and exceeded all expectations. They were on time, respectful of house, knowledgeable, and efficient. Sylvester Electric will be my first choice for all future electrical needs.

Description of Work
Replace light switch

Work Completed On 02/24/2021

Thank you for the 5 stars and the raving review.

Joe F.

I contacted Sylvester Electric as I was in need on having some GFI outlets installed. I was able to book an appointment rather quickly. What I liked best about Sylvester Electric is they keep me informed throughout the process from start to finish. I was able to get the work I needed done on time. If you are looking for anyone for your electrical needs, I would highly recommend contacting Sylvester Electric!!

Description of Work
GFI Outlets

Work Completed On 02/18/2021

[Member Name Removed], thank you for the 5 stars and the great review. We appreciate it!

Susan T.

Ryan and Juan from Sylvester Electric came over to replace kitchen lighting. I wasn’t sure if the light fixture would fit and they were both so nice and helpful with my questions and concerns. They gave me pricing up front and they were very respectful about cleaning up after and making sure I was happy with the job once they completed the work. I would definitely recommend them and I plan on scheduling them for other electrical work in our home.

Description of Work
Light fixture installation

Work Completed On 02/24/2021

Thank you [Member Name Removed]for the great review of Ryan and Juan. We appreciate the 5 stars and we look forward to working with you on your future projects.

10/26/2020

Daniel R.

Avoid like the plague. Worse than car salesmen. Avoid this company like the plague. They charge you just to come out to your house -- which would be okay if they didn't over-charge you and then offer a very "scammy" pricing system. What we needed done was probably the most simple and inexpensive of fixes we could have asked for. Instead of coming to do the work two guys came and quickly glanced at the things I wanted them to look at and then they proceeded to do some sort of "diagnostic check" for some bizarre reason. It took them like 15 mins to do this check, where they checked electrical meter, electrical box, etc... All the while I'm frustratingly wondering why they aren't just fixing the two simple things I had them come out to fix. Then, much to my surprise, the pitch. After wasting time and doing absolutely nothing they came back to then present me with 3 differently priced pay tier options. The options started at something close to $450 and the middle and higher options were closer to$ 1,000. Bear in mind all I wanted them to do was fix a light switch that randomly stopped working and change another switch to a dimmer-- AND I already had to pay the $70 for them to come out to begin with. I refused their services and demanded they refund me the $70. Initially they refused to refund me the $70 in person and I called and demanded a refund. They agreed to it but I didn't trust that they were actually going to honor what they said based on my experience with them in person and the reviews I read on line after the fact. I ended up putting a claim in with my bank to be on the safe side.

Description of Work
A light switch stopped working / wanted to add a dimmer to a different switch

Work Completed On 10/26/2020

[Member Name Removed], I am sorry that you are disappointed with our services. We can not compare our services to the other companies that have come in prior to us, this is why we do our safety evaluation to bring these items up to you so you are aware of them. We offer straight forward pricing so you know what the price is before we begin any work. Please give me a call at the office so we can discuss the dispatch fee that we do have on all of our calls, call me directly to be able to talk about any concerns at 978-957-3422, we like to be upfront about all of our charges.

10/23/2020

Terry R.

Terrible. Stay away from this company. They will suck you in to pay them to make you a priority customer. The only priority they have is to steal your money. Work is high quality but business is a rip off.

Description of Work
Installation.

Category electrician, lighting, home security systems

Work Completed On 10/23/2020

[Member Name Removed], I am sorry that you are disappointed with our services. We offer straight forward pricing so you know what the price is before we begin any work. Please give me a call at the office so we can discuss the dispatch fee that we do have on all of our calls, call me directly to be able to talk about any concerns at 978-957-3422, we like to be upfront about all of our charges.

09/29/2020

Nancy D.

Jim was very professional and informative. Would definitely hire again and recommend to family/friends. Very happy with the service.

Description of Work
Installation of new light fixture/move electrical box in bathroom/install new dimmer

Work Completed On 09/29/2020

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for the 5 star review and the raving review about [Member Name Removed] and the team. THANK YOU

09/28/2020

Adam V.

After waiting two weeks for a scheduled appointment, they no-showed and then tried to come three hours after the end of the “window” they provided. On top of that, they continue to send txt messages twice a day to set up a new appt when I have told them I am no longer interested in their services.

Description of Work
Home wiring issues

Work Completed On 09/28/2020

Thanks for providing us your feedback, [Member Name Removed]. We do strive to not only meet, but exceed, all customer’s expectations, and we apologize we failed you. We will be reaching out to you directly to see how we can turn this situation around for you. We do have a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. You can also reach me directly at 978-957-3422 and ask for Nick.

09/26/2020

Reginald N.

Nice over the phone scheduled for a Friday between 10am-1p. Confirmed via text The day before. The rest of the experience: 1. Called at 12:36pm by office staff, "Guys are running behind scheduled. I will call you in a hour with an update. 2. Received call from office at 3:01p, "Sorry, the Electricians are helping someone get there lights back on, we need to reschedule. 3. Not Monday, not Tuesday, but a week later. No thanks! Experience was unprofessional, no apology for my inconvenience and disregard for my schedule.

Description of Work
Install ceiling fan and light fixture

Category lighting, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 09/25/2020

09/23/2020

william C.

One: first scheduled at my home was cancelled a day before the visit. This was rescheduled a week and a half later. Two: They cancelled again one hour before the second schedule at my home. I cancelled any work from Sylvester electric inc. again. Never again!!!

Description of Work
Outside electric underground line . Shallow and short for replacement

Work Completed On 09/23/2020

[Member Name Removed], I am sorry that you are disappointed with our services. Please give me a call at the office so we can discuss how we can make this right, call me directly to be able to talk about any concerns at 978-957-3422.

09/04/2020

Janis N.

Perfect. Great job, despite running into unexpected issues in 70 year old home. End result is stunning.

Description of Work
Recessed lighting in dining room

Category electrician, lighting, home security systems

Work Completed On 09/04/2020

Wow, thank you for the recommendation [Member Name Removed]! We're so happy you had such a good experience with our team!

07/28/2020

Jeff C.

Perfect! Beautiful! Superb!! I am deeply impressed, and will certainly hire these wonderful people again! Thank you!

Description of Work
Repair of a severed electrical cable. Rewiring and new lighting inside garage. Addition of outdoor motion detector light on front of garage.

Work Completed On 07/21/2020

Thanks for sharing, [Member Name Removed]! We are always here to serve you. Thank you for trusting Sylvester Electric, Inc with your home.

07/15/2020

Joseph M.

Very well on time very professional friendly personnel

Description of Work
Outside lighting repair of outside lugs install of outside plug for Chair lift

Work Completed On 07/15/2020

07/02/2020

Ronda S.

Great! Jim and Steve were very professional and did the job quickly and correctly.

Description of Work
Replace damaged outlet

Work Completed On 07/02/2020

06/17/2020

Paul B.

They found and fixed the voltage problem and installed the doorbell. It works well. Thanks

Description of Work
Smart Doorbell Install

Category home security systems

Work Completed On 06/17/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the great 5 stars and the review, we look forward to working with you in the future.

06/16/2020

Harriet M.

They are working on our rental property in Revere, Mass., they've finished installing one room now and did a very good job as per our tenant.

Description of Work
Ceiling Fan Installation

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 06/16/2020

Thank you for sharing We’re happy that you’re happy, and we’re looking forward to our next visit!

04/27/2020

jhjhnhn S.

Very well. They were both very knowledgable and had the right equipment.

Description of Work
Repair/replace smoke detectors,

Category electrician, home security systems

Work Completed On 04/27/2020

03/24/2020

Holly N.

We heard back from SEI immediately after requesting a quote, and they were able to send an electrician to our house the same day. Ryan was courteous, dedicated to quality, professional, and mindful of cleanliness by wearing gloves and boot covers inside our house.

Description of Work
Smoke detector replacement throughout the house and other wiring and safety inspection

Work Completed On 03/24/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thanks so much for the awesome review! Please call on us again if you have a need - we'd love to help. Best, Sylvester Electric

03/05/2020

Mike R.

Found the problem quickly. Fortunately nothing very serious.

Description of Work
Light switch not working.

Work Completed On 03/05/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed] - We appreciate your review and glad we could help. Please let us know if you have a need again. Best, Sylvester Electric

02/06/2020

Robert M.

Prompt, clean and courteous service. Will hire again as needed!

Description of Work
Miscellaneous updates/changes to electrical outlets.

Work Completed On 02/05/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed] - Thanks so much for the awesome review! We'd love to help you again if you have a need.

01/10/2020

Gustave A.

John Silvia and his team were impeccable. Extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. They arrived on time and provided an accurate estimate of what the cost for the job would be. Their work was meticulous and they checked with us every step of the way. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Wire ethernet cables and repair outlets

Work Completed On 01/09/2020