BOSTON AIR CORP

Founded 1983 • With Angi since July 2008

4.3

1595 Central St. #2

Stoughton, MA 02072

Boston Air Corp. is a full service residential and commercial HVAC and Plumbing contractor. We were founded by Peter Smith in 1983 with a goal to assemble a talented and professional staff of technicians capable of providing a superior installation and maintenance experience for our customers. Whether you need help with determining the best product for your application or are just looking to ensure that your investment in your heating and cooling equipment is properly maintained we are ready and eager to work with you. Contact us today for a free no obligation estimate....

10/18/2016

Benjamin M.

10/09/2015

Steven S.

Description of Work
Boston Air installed a Carrier 5ton Comfort Series compressor and a variable speed air handler. The crew arrived on time. They were very friendly. They addressed all my questions and concerns. The crew brought tarps and covered everything necessary to protect the inside of my home. The install went very smoothly. The crew was great. The season is over for the most part so I will not be able to confirm how well the system works until next spring. The price was way below the competition which made me skeptical at first. This lead me to check Angie's list and all the reviews were positive.

05/07/2015

Suzanne L.

Description of Work
new heating system for gas

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for providing your feedback. We are very happy that you are pleased with the new heating system that has been provided. If there is ever anything else that we can be of assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thanks again for choosing Boston Air.

03/02/2015

Jason G.

About 6 years ago, we put an addition on our house and decided to heat/cool it with a Mitsubishi Mr Slim heat pump system. Our General Contractor chose Boston Air for the install. Fast forward 6 years and our split mini stopped producing heat this winter. We?ve kept it clear of snow all around. So, I phoned a large, reputable HVAC company to come diagnose, but they were not able to fully diagnose the problem due to a very thick layer (4-5?) of ice in the compressor unit that had built up on the interior compressor coils at ground level. The service tech told me that the unit was not properly installed for New England weather. The standard install is, and was six years ago, to place it on a platform approx 2-3 feet off the ground. He also determined the coolant had leaked out, but he couldn?t be sure because the compressor coils and housing unit were frozen. He suggested we melt the ice on the interior of the compressor unit using warm water. I also As a last ditch effort to regain heat, we ran warm water (from our hot water heater) onto the compressor coils (covering the control panels with a plastic bag so as not to allow water damage to the panels). The ice melted away but the unit failed to put out heat. However, my husband saw an oil shimmer on top the water as he was melting the ice, possibly the coolant leaking out. I contacted Mitsubishi and chatted online with a Mitsubishi customer service rep who also stated that the unit should have been installed on a riser rather than only sitting on a pad, and that the unit parts have a 5 yr general warranty, 7 year compressor warranty, and 7 year warranty if installed by a ?Diamond? contractor, which Boston Air isn?t. Our GC pointed us to Peter Smith at Boston Air. Spoke with Peter about using the warranty to replace the compressor unit, but he told me the unit had only a 5 year warranty at the time of installation- not so according to the Mitsubishi web site and according to the Mitsubishi customer svc rep. Peter said he?d phone back after looking into our install. Three hours later, another person from Boston Air phoned to say the warranty was 5 years. My husband was able to get back in touch with Peter Smith, who wouldn?t phone us back directly. Peter let us know that our GC from our remodel owed him $4K and he didn?t particularly want to help us with our heating problem. Our GC acknowledged that he owed money but not from our project 6 years ago, but rather from a more recent project. After 2 or 3 phone conversations with my husband, Peter refused to email warranty paperwork for our system after repeated requests. He repeatedly stated that 6 years ago, the Mitsubishi compressor units were routinely installed at ground level - a statement contradicted by both Mitsubishi and a highly rated HVAC (Angie?s List) company. So here is the takeaway. Boston Air won?t back their own work, won?t own up to substandard practices, and, also provide terrible customer service. As per the Mitsubishi CS rep with whom I chatted, Boston Air very likely incorrectly installed the Mr Slim unit by not putting it on a riser above a potential snow line as a measure of protection. They didn?t want to send a tech to further diagnose the problem - faulty compressor coils or coolant leak. Peter Smith decided to either hold bad blood between him and our GC as a reason to not back his company?s work or he decided to fabricate a lie so that he wouldn?t have to deal with a warranty issue that might cost him money/time.

Description of Work
Installed Mitsubishi Mr Slim ductless heat pump system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

First of all we would like to apologize that you feel as though the service provided was not sufficient. However there are several inaccuracies to your claims and we would like to take the opportunity to address these as continued customer service is very important to us. We have never stated that the unit was out of warranty or that we would not send you warranty paper work. What was relayed to your husband was that warranty paperwork is not required for a warranty claim as it is handled exclusively through the model and serial numbers on the units by the supply houses. We are a Diamond Dealer for Mitsubishi units and did offer your husband to send out a service technician to look at your issue. However we were told by Mr. [member name removed] “Hold off for now. You guys are a little too far (location wise) let me see if I can find a local company first.” This was the last time your husband communicated with us, so seeing as he did not follow up on the issue we were under the impression it had been resolved. Unfortunately your general contractor has lied to you as we are still owed more than $4,000 for completion of your project from 2009, in addition to other monies owed for other projects completed. We have refused to work with that particular contractor for more than 5 years. If you would like to contact us to arrange for service we are still more than happy to work with you to resolve the issues with your system.

07/08/2014

Susan K.

Description of Work
Installed new heating unit

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the kind words and we are thrilled that you are enjoying your new gas furnace

06/09/2014

Robert G.

Description of Work
The contractor, Bob, came right out and told me that he wasn't interested in doing the work because it was to far to travel from Stoughton, MA. I was a little disappointed because this company put in my original A/C system in 1988, when the company was first starting out, but now that they are established, the don't want to travel back here and put in a new replacement system for me. Disappointing.I'm not sure if the owner, Peter was informed of my call.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We are very happy that you have been pleased with your heating system for more than 25 years and take great pride in knowing that you have been able to enjoy the system for that amount of time.It is unfortunate that we have had to reduce our service area, but we feel this is in the best interest of our customers in order to provide the best level of service that we can. We can't thank you enough for thinking of Boston Air first for your HVAC needs and hope that you enjoy your new heating system for another 25 years

05/13/2013

Drew M.

Great quote process. Just over our budget.

Description of Work
Quote/estimate only. Knowledgeable and experienced. Came in high on the pricing - but the end result was not sized correctly. Boston Air knew what they were doing and we should have went with them.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We appreciate your feedback and hope that we have the opportunity to work with you in the future. We strive to make sure that we provide not only the best price but the most appropriate equipment for our customers.

10/19/2012

PATRICK O.

Chris from Boston Air called me the day before the appointment to confirm the details, and then the morning of to ensure he had the correct materials needed to service/repair the unit. Chris was onsite for just under two hours cleaning, repairing and inspecting my boiler. He explained the service and repair, as well some additional details on the function of some of the units components. I had trouble finding someone who would come to my town to service my gas boiler, Boston Air got the work by default since they never even blinked about the location. I am glad it worked out this way since Chris did such quality work and I will definitely be using them for annual maintenance and repairs going forward.

Description of Work
Maintenance/service of a gas boiler, replacement of a pressure relief valve.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for choosing Boston Air and we hope to be able to provide you with the same high quality service in the future.

12/27/2010

Ann G.

I didn't use them for my replacement furnace. However, they came out when they said they were going to. They seemed very professional. They gave me a list of references to call. I ended up using somebody else. Their price was competitive with the other estimates I got. I ended up using somebody else that somebody I knew recommended to me. I probably would have used them. I got a good impression from them, but I didn't use them. The guy came when he said he was going to come. He was very professional as far as the estimate goes, but I didn't use them for the service. He was thorough. He emailed the estimate to me so it was all written out. That was good. They came out the day after I contacted them. Their professionalism, responsiveness, and punctuality were very good. Their estimate was competitive. I would consider getting another estimate from them in the future.

Description of Work
Boston Air Mechanical Systems gave me an estimate for a new furnace.

07/28/2008

DEBRA G.

They are easy to get a hold of. They showed up on time. They service my TRANE system. They are very professional. They are also very responsive. They provide excellent service. I've used them for a very long time.

Description of Work
They came and did a routine check and maintenance on my air conditioning unit. They also did a QIB, which is an energy-efficient performance type of test, which checks to see how well my system is working.

1Boston Oil Heat Service LLC

Hi here at 1Boston Energy Inc we specialize is heating service, Air Conditioning, Maintenance, repairs. Our experience professionals take the time to put quality and care into detail to servicing your heating equipment so it can operate efficiently and keep operating consistently. We recommend full service maintenance on your system at least once a year and if you need us for any emergency repairs or service we are here. High quality professional values and in tuned customer service is our highest priority. Together we hope your a consistent customer of 1Boston Energy Inc. Thanks for choosing 1Boston Energy Inc for your heating system air Conditioning service and repair.

Accurate Heat-Air Services, Inc

At Accurate Baker Elman we strive to provide prompt, professional quality service to our customers, suppliers and builders as well as encouraging the personal and professional growth of our employees.Accurate Heat-Air Services, Inc is a Certified Trane Comfort Specialist requiring us to be held to the highest performance standards in the industry.Trane Comfort Specialist are highly trained heating, air conditioning and air quality professionals who can transform indoor air like no one else. We are consistently rated 90% or higher in customer satisfaction surveys, and take great pride in exceeding every customer expectation. We pride ourselves on our Professionalism, Quality Service, Promptness, Excellant Customer Relations,and Highly Skilled and Trained Technicians. Our Sales Department provides FREE in home estimates, Friendly qualified professionals,Ease in helping you select the comfort system that best fits your needs and your budget and Customized Quotes. Accurate Heat-Air Services, Inc services the following counties in Massachusetts,Norfolk, Plymouth, Middlesex,Bristol and Worcester. we offer both Commercial and residential service and installations. We also offer Service Agreements.

Brian MacDonald Heating and Plumbing

Quality Service at Competitive Prices I am an Eco-Friendly Plumbing, Heating and HVAC contractor. I have over 25 years experience in all phases of Plumbing, Heating and A/C. I am EPA certified in all refrigerants. I am a Master plumber since 1999. I specialize in residential service although I have many years of new construction, commercial and hospital experience. I am committed to finding the best, most efficient products and services for you home and business, no matter what your budget. Remember, it is easy to be green...even little changes can make a big difference over time!

Check, Visa, MasterCard

Boston Air sells, installs commercial and residential heating and air conditioning units and air-quality systems. We service and install ALL brands, including Bryant, Carrier, Daikin, Fujitsu, York, Trane and American Standard.