Cleveland Fence & Supply Company

Founded 1974 • With Angi since November 2005

47 Montvale Ave

Stoneham, MA 02180

The Cleveland Fence Company has specialized in All types of both residential and commercial fencing for 38 years and counting. We are certified fence professionals of the American Fence Association and take great pride in the work we do.We specialize in designing, building and installing ALL

10/16/2016

Marisa S.

We received a preliminary quote very easily from their showroom. After checking with 3 more places we realized they were by far the best price. (One place actually came in 3x higher.) When I called to covert it to a job they had a guy stop by that day and measure and go over the details of the job. The install date took a while but that could have been partly our fault as we went away for a few weeks before the job was done. The only reason I gave them a mark down on professionalism is because they sent 3 guys to do the work and it seemed like only the older guy did 90% of the work. At times the younger (20's) were swinging on my kids swing and sitting down watching the other guy work. Final product was excellent though. One reason why I choose them was that they installed a fence 25 years ago at my parents house that still looks great, so I had no fear of them just being cheaper.

Description of Work
Installed 4' wood fence & 4' vinyl fence around home, Also removed old fence and posts (with cement footing)

06/14/2016

Alan B.

I went to Cleveland Fence after another local fence company proved to be highly UNRELIABLE. Debi, the sister of the owner, walked through the samples in the showroom and helped me with my selection. Delivery was prompt - within 7 days. Debi called the day before to let me know they were scheduled, and the 2 gentlemen who made the delivery were quick and took great care with the product. The fence is very high quality, and looks great installed (I had a separate installer that I've been working with). I'm so happy with the product, that I'm getting ready to order another 20 panels to complete the renovation. Would highly recommend their products.

Description of Work
Sold and delivered 20 fence panels, posts and caps

04/17/2016

Matthew R.

A representative from Cleveland fence came out to our house on March 31 to inspect the project and (presumably) to follow up with a quote. We followed up for a status on the quote on Apr 4 as we were anxious to get the project started given Spring being the busy season. We were told quotes often take a week to produce. Seems strange given this is all Cleveland Fence does and our project was a straight forward request. We called back on Apr 8 to check the status of the quote. We were told the sales person who inspected our project was busy and they would get back to us. After not hearing from anyone at Cleveland Fence over the next few days, we called back on Apr 13 to again check on the status of our quote. We were told that a quote and fence catalog would be sent out that day. On Apr 16 we received an envelope from Cleveland Fence with a fence catalog. Unfortunately, this envelope did not contain a quote. After 2 1/2 weeks of multiple calls to try to get a quote and to give Cleveland Fence our business we still do not have a quote for our project.

Description of Work
Requested quote to install 120' of vinyl fence in backyard along w/ 3 lampposts in the front yard.

03/05/2016

John K.

I requested to be contacted via the Angies List website for a residential fence replacement estimate multiple times. Provider never responded to the inquiry.

Description of Work
Never returned request for service.

Category fencing

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed]; We are very sorry about the no response to your request; However it was just bought to our attention: and When I checked with Angie's List there was a link missing on our account ; that forwards your request to us; We are truly sorry for this mishap; and we feel very bad that we did not have the pleasure of working with you on your fencing project; We have been in business for 40 years, and greatly value all of our customers

10/10/2015

Margaret C.

The men installing the fence were on time and completed the work in one day. They added a small area of fencing at back corner where the stockade did not line up the chain link. They did not have to do this and so I greatly appreciated their work. They saved my having to do something to prevent my small dogs from bothering the neighbors. The installers also did a great job in clean up. I would strongly recommend Cleveland Fence Co.

Description of Work
Cleveland Fence Co. installed 6 ft high cedar stockade fencing with gate to the side of my back yard.

11/21/2014

Richard W.

John, the person who installed the new fence was hard working and a professional who was determined to a great job and did .We are completely satisfied.

Description of Work
Took down old fencing and replaced it with a new vinyl fence.

10/02/2014

Johanna G.

We had partial fencing installed. This was a difficult job as the fence needed to be fitted between large cedars. Not only did they do it, but they went the extra step to make it look fantastic. Jason and his team were awesome. Thank you, Jason!

09/01/2014

JOHN M.

Be prepared to manage the project yourself. They were very responsive to come and give us an estimate. Then I sent a $600 deposit to them and two weeks later hadn't heard a thing (I expected them to call me as soon as they received my deposit to schedule the job). After two weeks I called them. They scheduled an installation date and gave the impression they could complete our job in one day. The crew did not show up on that day. My wife called the office and they had no record of our appointment. They rescheduled. The crew showed up, but without any equipment or supplies. They claimed they came "to see what they need". This even though a very detailed description of the fence segments, dimensions, materials and installation conditions were written on the estimate. Another day they came back to begin work but hadn't brought a jackhammer even though they now had seen twice that they needed to install posts in existing concrete. They finally installed the wood portion of the fence and the posts for the chain link gate. But only then did it apparently occur to them to actually order the gate (a fence company doesn't make gates?). Again we heard nothing for a couple of weeks until we nagged them every day and they eventually came and finished the job - the day before we left for vacation and needed our fence complete for our dog. They also installed the three segments of wood fence with the top rails very much not lined up with each other and one segment visibly bowed. They did come back and do a mediocre job of fixing that. They were the cheapest bid. You get what you pay for. The installation personnel were very polite and friendly. The office personnel were incompetent, unresponsive and failed to call multiple times when they said they would.

Description of Work
Built three sections of fence/gate to provide fenced back yard for new dog.

06/10/2014

Kelly S.

They were so professional , on time and real quality work

Description of Work
Install a six foot fence

03/26/2014

BEATRICE G.

On 05/18/13 at 1;28 am a young man drove a car across the front of my lawn, bending down five metal fence posts and dragging the attached chain link fence and gate across teh front of my yard and tino the street in front of my neighbor's house. On 06/25/13 a representative from Cleveland Fence inspected the damage and gave me a quote for the above amount, which was $400 higher than the insurance company estimate, but I was adding an extra fence post and an extra foot of chain link over what had been there previously, so the price sounded OK at the time. Because of the limitations of my schedule, and because they were backed up due to the very rainy weather we had been having, they scheduled to set the fence posts on 08/08/13 and dress them (attach the chain link and gate) on 08/09/13. They canceled because they were backed up on a previous job, and rescheduled to 08/13/13 and 08/15/13. They cancleld again, and rescheduled to 08/22/13 and 08/27/13 (to fit around my schedule). They set the posts on 08/22/13 but later in the day, I noticed that many of the fence post holes did not have cement to the top of the holes, but only a very little cement in the bottom of the holes. I called them. I received a call on 08/26/13 that they had finished the cement in the holes, but they had to cancel the dressing of the poles on 08/27/13 and reschedule that to 08/29/13 because they didn't have the chain link in stock. (Really? You've known for two months that you needed chain link for this job.) On 08/29/13 they theoretically finished the job, but later in the day I noticed that they had not put the caps on the gate posts. I called them and they put the caps on later that day. The following week I paid them the balance i owed them. Several months later I noticed that the four fence posts across the front of my yard are not evenly spaced as they were before the damage. But I''m done with them. I'll live with my uneven fence posts rather than deal with them again.

Description of Work
Removed damaged fence posts and chain link. Set new fence posts and attached chain link. Replaced damaged gate.

02/19/2014

Carol G.

They showed up every day until the job was completed. They were terrific and the fence looks great.

Description of Work
They installed approximately 270 feet of fence for us.

08/07/2013

Vincent G.

Last year a big tree fell over and crashed our pool fence and gate. I called several fence companies but when they saw this was not a big job none called back. None except Cleveland Fence. They not only called, they sent a man out to look at the job over to be certain about it, then they scheduled it and completed it as promised. When I had some special concerns about the self closing gate, they sent a man right back out to look at it. They even had him come back with some reinforcing springs to ease my concerns – all at no extra cost. This year I needed another small section of privacy fence to replace some of the damaged privacy shrubs. Once again they responded immediately scheduled and completed the job professionally and on time. Then I determined that I had not planned correctly and needed another section of fence which would require them to dig up the tapered end section replace it with a full sized section and reinstall another tapered end piece. I felt kind of silly going back ask about adding a single section, but the people here are extremely nice and very accommodating. Not a problem for them, they scheduled the job, came when promised, and were even able to save and reuse the original end piece, so I ended up paying for only a single section and labor. They did a great job, on time and when I screwed up, they had nothing but smiles and a will to help. This is the kind of company you wish all others were like. Use them!

Description of Work
Installed fence

Category fencing, childproofing

08/06/2013

John V.

The install went very well, with no issues at all during the day. There had been a period of inclement weather that delayed the install date, and if I were to provide any criticism of the company, it would be that they could have communicated that a bit better. In the end, it wasn't delayed more than a few weeks and the install went without a hitch. I would definitely recommend Cleveland Fence.

Description of Work
Installed 8 pieces of Cedar Stockade fencing and removed the old fence.

08/05/2013

JOSEPH W.

Karen in the office is fantastic to deal with, she's super helpful, responsive, and really on her game.

Description of Work
Replaced approximately 280 feet of post and rail fence.

06/06/2013

gi Y.

Unprofessional and untimely.

Description of Work
I called for a free estimate. A representative came out on 5/6/2013 and discussed with me the options. I was quite hopeful with this company. The rep. told me that he would be able to get an estimate for me in 2 days. After 7-8 days passed with no contact, I called. They said it usually takes 7-10 days. So I waited. I called again well after the 10 day mark and left a message. Still no estimate. I emailed on 5/20/13 asking about the estimate. They emailed back with an apology and stated that they will get to us as soon as possible. So now it is 6/6/2013, a whole month later, and still no word. This seems quite unprofessional.

06/03/2013

Stephanie N.

Would not use this company. It took two weeks to get an appointment for someone to come out to my house to give me an estimate. He arrived on May 4th and said I would have an estimate during the week. I called Wednesday the 8th and the person who answered the phone told me that they were very busy and Jon who did my estimate is in and out of the office he normally does most of the estimates and sends out all at once. This person asked me to call back if you don't hear from Jon. I told him I wanted to make a decision at the end of the week. I called again on May 30th and the person who answered the phone took my contact information and told me that Jon is not in the office but will give him my information. By this time I already chose another company but was curious as to what the estimate would be. Today is June 3rd and still nothing. No call, no email etc. If it takes this long to get an estimate I can only imagine how long it would take to put a fence up.

Description of Work
estimate for a vinyl fence

05/22/2013

Monica H.

What a fantastic experience I had with Cleveland Fence in Stoneham MA ! I've never had a fence or really ever noticed fences before. So I was really starting from scratch. Once you start to look - you start seeing fences everywhere and tons of styles. One thing I noticed was how BAD it looks when a fence is not installed well, or of good quality. I quickly realized its better to not have a fence -- than have a poorly installed or poor quality one.. so that ruled out taking any chances with HomeDepot or a non fence expert. Cleveland fence has been a family owned business for 37 years. I called around and in addition to the best pricing, I had the most responsive service from Cleveland. Starting with my initial phone discussion with Debbie in the office.. Debbie had a expert out to my house within 2 days to measure for my fence so she and I could plan together. Once we had my measurements, I went to the showroom and she worked with me with styles and options. After placing my deposit and setting up my order, I called numerous times asking questions, sending photos and Debbie was so wonderfully patient and supportive. The day of installation I was delighted with the arrival of such a well seasoned crew. "Jan" the foreman, has been doing fences for over 20 years and the first day, he and his crew worked non stop for almost 10 hours straight. Right on site, they carefully customized pieces to fit trees and odd angles. I was astonished at the artisan skill and dedication to perfection. The wood is thick, strong, beautiful quality and the pressure treated posts are cemented in to last. What a great experience - I love my fence ! I give this company my highest recommendation !nel

Description of Work
Built custom fence, Delivered and installed 224 linear feet ( 29 Panels ) of 6 ft tongue and groove board with 2 ft Lattice.

05/16/2013

JOSEPH W.

Was initially concerned when Cleveland sent out just one guy for the job, but this couldn't have gone smoother. Installer was polite, and involved me in the process for determining how the fence would run against the grade, and did the work as quickly as I would have expected from two workers.

Description of Work
Install cedar stockade fence along back property line.

04/23/2013

Katheryn N.

I called to schedule an estimate which was booked for 13 days out. A very pleasant gentleman (Joe?) arrived promptly to assess our fence. He gave us very intelligent and cost efficient recommendations for the repair/replacement and seemed very knowledgeable. He assured us that we would receive an email with the estimate within a week. 1week passed and I called the company and spoke to a woman (cannot remember her name). She took down my number and said she would check on it and call me back. She returned my call at the end of the day and said that Joe was out in the field, she could not reach him, but to give it another week and I should have the estimate. Another week passed (now 2 weeks out from estimate date) and I called again. Same woman answered and I told her we had not received the estimate. She apparently immediately recognized my project and then said "we don't carry that type of fence. You're going to need a whole new fence". I was extremely upset that she didn't call me earlier with this information. Also, I don't need a whole new fence as the paneling ($950 worth) is in excellent shape, it's simply the posts that need to be replaced/reinserted. I am also disappointed that the gentleman (Joe?) didn't point this out during his assessment as he was aware of the brand of fence in my yard (I showed him the manual). Regardless, at that point, 4 weeks' time was wasted. I wouldn't have been so upset had the lady answering the phone been more proactive in sharing this problem with me earlier or if this issue had been identified during the initial visit. Because she allowed me to wait 2 weeks to receive any feedback, I felt she didn't value the customers' time at all.

Description of Work
Estimate for fence replacement

02/20/2013

KAREN & WALLACE J.

They were excellent! The work was excellent - they were professional and completed all the work in a day. I can't say enough about Cleveland Fence!

Description of Work
We had some destruction of fence because of the hurricane. They replaced about 5 sections of the fence they originally installed.

02/07/2013

MARIE D.

I went to Cleveland fence to look at fencing and get an estimate.Got info and left. I went back soon after and ordered the fencing.Both women were friendly and helpful. When I actually order the fence, the woman double checked her calculations and found that I needed one more section and one more pole. I liked the double check, shows that they are not to arrogant to recheck to make sure the customer gets what they need.

Description of Work
good fencing

11/21/2012

John H.

Initial visit was very businesslike. Price closely matched another vendor, Selected Cleveland. Installation was completed in a single (long) day. Installers worked diligently, and were careful of plantings. They were also careful to discuss details of the installation. Old fence debris was removed.

Description of Work
Removal of old fence Installation of new fence

11/20/2012

Richard B.

From the initial call to Karen at Cleveland Fence who was very plesant... To Al who came out to my house twice to ensure accuracy in the quote to the layout of the fence... To John and his two friends who were absolutely fantastic and extremely respectful, courteous and cleaned entire project area up upon leaving. This whole experience as truly been amazing....the communication that I received Cleveland Fence was fantastic. The installation of the fence went exactly to my expectations. I would highly recommend Cleveland Fence....

Description of Work
Installed 4" high black aluminum ornamental pool fence (pool code). BR20 Residental with 5 foot gate. Removed old chain link fence. Also replaced (1) 6x8 solid cedar board with thin strip cap.

09/29/2012

Susan J.

I called and requested estimate for fencing for a dog run. Appointment was scheduled for 10 days later, even though I live only 1 mile from the company. A company representative came; looked at the job and told me I would have estimate in a few days. After two weeks with no estimate I called; was told he was "working on it now". Over three weeks later I still have no estimate; meanwhile I hired another cmpany, the job is done and I am very pleased with the outcome. Very disappointing performance from a local business; in general I like to patronize neighborhood businesses, but this was a very poor experience.

Description of Work
No service was performed

07/31/2012

Robert L.

My experience with Cleveland Fence was fantastic. I needed a broken pool gate replaced, and other fence companies weren't interested in the project because it was too small. Cleveland treated me like it was a very valued project for them, and they scheduled it around other larger projects they had in the same area. They showed up on time and the work looks very high-quality. They have always been very easy to reach over the phone. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replaced a broken fence gate.