Boston & Cambridge Appliance Repair Inc

Founded 2000 • With Angi since February 2003

271 Main St Ste 305A

Stoneham, MA 02180

Major Appliance Repair in Boston, Cambridge and Surrounding areas. All Makes and Models Including : Amana, Asko, Bosch , Caloric, Frigidaire, GE, Glenwood, Hotpoint, Kenmore, KitchenAid, Magic Chef, Maytag, Sears, Sub Zero , Whirlpool and More....

04/30/2020

Sinan K.

Quick, on-time, courteous, clean, efficient, fair priced. I wish all contractors were like this.

Description of Work
Swap vent-less dryer sump pump

04/07/2020

Nancy G.

The Maytag Neptune Super Stack (washer/dryer) was the last machine Maytag made before it was sold to Whirlpool. It was made like a tank but after 20+ years it sprung a little leak. This machine needed a new boot for the front loader washer 18 months ago and John was the only technician who knew how to take it apart and replace the rubber boot (2 others tried before him). Then 3/3/2020 he replaced a Fabric softener dispenser which was causing back up and a small leak. I am go grateful to have a functioning machine during the COVID pandemic.

Description of Work
Leak was identified and repaired

10/30/2017

Matthew B.

George came to work on our oven, which had a broken ignitor. We have a rare model oven so a new ignitor had to be ordered. The work was done in a timely manner, proper expectations were set regarding timing, and the price was as quoted.

Description of Work
New ignitor installed for our oven

04/01/2017

Janice G.

The technician was, prompt, informative, friendly and succinct. Labor and parts price seemed fair and the added warranty is a comforting bonus. I hope not to need them again but recommend them without hesitation!

Description of Work
Dishwasher repair

Category small appliance repair

04/01/2017

Janice G.

Maybe could have paid less but waited longer for less polite and prompt service. BA&C is as professional as ever. I would refer them, HIGHLY, on and off Angies list -which I been loyal to as well when other competitors listing services have come and gone. So happy they are here!

Description of Work
Busted garbadge dispousal

02/21/2017

Judy K.

The repairman came twice, ordered a part and could not fix the machine. He did not appear to know how to fix this machine.

Description of Work
My 7 year old Bosch front loading washing machine was not going through the final spin.

11/04/2016

PAMELA C.

They quickly realized it was from something being clogged and unclogged it.

Description of Work
Water was leaking from the refrigerator.

10/31/2016

Leilani P.

The technician arrived promptly, was very pleasant, and quickly identified the problem. He did not have the part on hand but called later that day with the cost of the part and labor. We ultimately did not have the stove repaired for unrelated reasons.

Description of Work
A stove burner was leaking gas.

09/26/2016

charles T.

Good and fast. Second time we've used them and satisfied again.

Description of Work
Dryer repair

02/23/2016

Paul G.

2nd time using this company and thus happy with them. Quick turn around time from getting an appointment to getting work done (1 day); technician was punctual as well as thorough and did not mind me looking over his shoulder. It might have been me not listening correctly but the pricing was rushed and maybe I just did not understand it but I was not disappointed with the final cost.

Description of Work
repaired 2 issues with washing machine - 1 of the issues was discovered while working on.

12/17/2015

Ajay G.

May be that's how this goes but I was disappointed paying $50 for coming from 2 block, spending literally 1 minute. I wish I knew if there was no GFI switch at the outlet, they usually have it inside.

Description of Work
He stopped by and let me know where the GFI switch was

12/14/2015

Mike D.

The technicians arrived as scheduled. They introduced themselves and continued to be both courteous and professional during the service call. They assessed the problem and then quickly and efficiently repaired it, cleaned up after the job and gave me a professional-looking invoice. In addition to the great service I received what I really appreciated was TRANSPARENCY IN BILLING, meaning that all the charges, parts AND labor, were clearly spelled out, NOT LUMPED TOGETHER, as is so often the case with other providers (who I will no longer use for that very reason) these days. "Transparent billing" tells me the provider has nothing to hide; it's all up front, and that's the way I like it.

Description of Work
Stopped water from accumulating in the refrigerator compartment of my refrigerator/freezer.

09/28/2015

Quinton Z.

They came, they saw, they repaired! The technicians were very professional, friendly and polite. They explained what they were doing and why, patiently answering my questions. Most importantly, they were able to fix it!

Description of Work
They fixed our dryer which had stopped heating up properly by replacing a defunct part.

Category appliance repair,heating & air conditioning/hvac

09/21/2015

R W.

The techs were very professional once they got to our house. However, they arrived over 2 hours later than the promised time. Our understanding was the "original" techs actually never showed up allegedly becuase they were tied up on another job. We are glad that they sent the ones that came.

Description of Work
Replaced a part in our dryer

05/16/2015

David M.

Fridge and dryer are working much better. Nothing could be done for the dishwasher.

Description of Work
Fixed dryer, which wasn't drying clothes, diagnosed issues with dish washer, fixed broken water dispenser on fridge.

01/14/2015

MELANIE H.

On the first and second visits, they called before they arrived and came in on time. They were very professional in demeanor. They assessed the problem quickly (a broken water line), and ordered the necessary part before they left. They worked quickly and efficiently. Both times they came, they cleaned the work area and left my kitchen looking as though no one had been there. They also provided excellent advice on appliance maintenance for all my appliances. This was the best service I've ever received!

Description of Work
repaired the refrigerator water and ice dispenser

11/22/2014

Roberta J.

It cost me quite a bit because it is an old dryer. It is working fine now, but it took a while to get everything replaced on it that needed to be replaced. It is the first time I have ever used them and I thought they were a little expensive. It took three trips to get all the parts that it needed and it was expensive, but maybe the old machine needed all those parts. It took them a while to get it all fixed. They had to send for parts. I imagine the wait was necessary in order for them to get the parts that they needed and there were two parts that they had to send for so it took a while. They did show up when they said they were going to show up all three times. They treated me very well. I would use them again in the future if I had to.

Description of Work
I just had my dryer repaired by Boston & Cambridge Appliance Repair.

11/19/2014

Claire M.

One of the burners on our Jenn-Air stove had trouble lighting because the high-voltage spark igniter was arcing unpredictably from the ceramic insulator to the adjacent metal surface rather than from the metal tip into the gas flow needed to light the small simmer burner. Two servicemen, father and son, arrived when scheduled. Although I had given the company operator the both the model number of our stove and the needed part number, the servicemen had never been given this information and did not have the needed part. (I know the operator had at least the correct model number because she looked it up and confirmed that it properly identified our stove.) The servicemen called their office and confirmed they had the needed part in stock and promised to return three days later to complete the job. They also promised to take care of the rusted and frozen screws that made the repair temporarily impossible. On the day of the second appointment they called me and said they didn?t have the part after all, as the staff in the office had assumed all four igniters on our stove were identical. The failing igniter differed from the other three, so yet another appointment was needed. On the third appointment the duo attacked the nasty problem of the rusted mounting screws; our stove was obviously much older than it had first appeared. It became necessary to drill out both the burner mounting screws and the equally rusted screw that held the failing igniter in place. This last step was particularly annoying as the burner had two hollow tubes reaching down underneath to carry the gas from the manifold up into the burner heads (simmer and main). The tubes interfered with the proper angle for the drill. The annoying difficulties made what should have been a ten minute job take a lot longer but I was impressed by the professionalism and resilience of those two in the face of the problems. Finally screws from their miscellaneous collection were used to put everything including the new part back together into the enlarged screw holes and the burner was returned to normal operation.

Description of Work
Replaced a failing spark igniter on our Jenn-Air gas stove

10/09/2014

Nina B.

Kenny was punctual, friendly, professional and most importantly he solved the issue! I had a question about how my dryer was installed which Kenny answered thoroughly and my refrigerator was making odd noises - which Kenny fixed. Great service, I will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Dryer installation check and refrigerator odd noise check / fix

08/19/2014

Sharon H.

Showed up in scheduled window, friendly, helpful and courteous and very reasonable rates. Scheduler and tradesman very easy to work with. Would definitely call them again.

Description of Work
Cleaned out the fridge drain line which was leaking

06/11/2014

MICHAEL C.

Leudy Guerro who is a crack technician came to repair my Maytag dishwasher. He determined the problem was the drainage hose cut the end cleaned it out, installed a clamp os the hose to fix the leakage and make repairing a similar future problem very simple by enabling clamp removal to get rid of the debris. Next, he noticed that the latch on the Dishwasher was broken had one and fixed it even though we never reported the problem. The entire repair was 162.00 which is less than I would paid others like Waltham Appliance for a far less competent job. Guerro is the best repairman I have seen of his class making minor repairs of equipment rather than reordering expensive parts where possible. My experience with him and Cambridge Appliance is Far Better than more higher rated businesses like Waltham Appliance and I would recommend them without any reservations whatsoever.

Description of Work
Fixed Clogged Dishwasher Hose.

06/10/2014

Nicole P.

They were honest and fixed my washer quickly. They were very straightforward and told me that my washer was pretty close to the end of it's life and that I shouldn't waste more money on it after this fix. They said that they would come back in the next 30 days if it broke again without charging me a consult fee.

Description of Work
Fixed my washing machine

06/10/2014

Leo V.

Called them and explained what model dishwasher I had and what the problem was. When the repairman came he mentioned he wasn't informed of that and had to make another trip out which I wasn't too happy about. However, he did come back and was very professional and fixed the dishwasher the same day.

Description of Work
Fixed handle on dishwasher

05/28/2014

Mark C.

I would be extremely cautious about hiring these guys. They were brought in by my leasing company to fix my broken dryer, and I came home that night to find my iPad and $200 Beats headphones stolen. No other signs of forced entry in the apartment. Bob was the repairman on site so I'd make a point of ensuring he is not allowed at your residence. Tony the manager was also unresponsive and unconcerned when we alerted him of the theft.

Description of Work
Dryer repair

04/28/2014

Carolyn R.

Prompt and courteous with reasonable price.

Description of Work
They fixed a broken dryer.

Preferred Air

Preferred Air Inc. has been servicing homes on the North Shore and surrounding areas since 1991. We have earned a community-wide reputation for honesty, professionalism, and courteous service. Our company prides itself on using leading technologies in the field. There is more to your heating and cooling system than just heating and cooling. We will help you get the most from your existing system in comfort, safety, and energy savings. Our service technicians are factory-trained and on call 24 hours a day. Our service technicians are neat appearing, careful of their speech, and have respect for your property. They are all at the top of their field, and we are very proud to have them as part of our team. Our electronically dispatched trucks are ready to assist you with any difficulties you have. Preferred Air Inc. also offers a Full Service Sheet Metal Department, including a custom duct fabrication division. We specialize in custom ductwork. Whenever the ductwork needs to fit and whatever size and shape it needs to be, our sheet metal team can do small change-outs to full-scale commercial jobs. We do complete design build jobs and offer engineering services to meet your needs. Call today for your free professional system evaluation and estimate on upgrading or replacing your current system.

E and M Heating &Cooling

I am here to meet all of your heating and cooling needs. I service and install furnaces, heat pumps, and all air conditioning units. I am the owner-operator so you will get, my very best, personalized service with a reasonable and fair rate. I have over 9 years industry experience.

Morris Heating & Air Conditioning

Morris Heating & Air Conditioning is proud to be Essex County’s most trusted HVAC team since 1998. Whether you need AC or heater maintenance, repairs, or complete replacements and new installations, the local company can handle it. Expect quality work and customer care every time. Morris Heating & Air Conditioning responds quickly, arrives as scheduled, and leaves no mess behind. Additionally, the company is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for any emergency heating or cooling in Ipswich or the surrounding areas. Call now to request a service. Morris Heating & Air Conditioning has financing options and special rebates in place to help with budget concerns. Ask about their maintenance plans and online coupons as well to get instant savings.

Offers by Morris Heating & Air Conditioning on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard

Appliance Repairs & Service for Refrigerators, Dishwashers, Washers, Dryers, Air Conditioners, Gas & Electric Ranges, Garbage Disposals, Coin-operated Washers & Dryers. Flexible Appointments and Same Day Service. American Brands including ( Whirlpool - Maytag - GE - Frigidaire - Amana - Kenmore - KitchenAid and More European Brands including ( Bosch - Subzero - Thermador - Asko and more )

Small appliances (Mixers, Toasters, etc.) Brands We Currently are Not Servicing: Sanyo Samsung Haier