South Shore Audio Video Installation

Founded 2008 • With Angi since November 2010

534 Main St Ste 3

South Weymouth, MA 02190

South Shore Audio Video Installation specializes in custom design, sales and installation of home theater systems, whole house music systems and home automation. Standard, cookie-cutter solutions don't always fit your specific needs and the Big Box stores simply cannot provide our level of personal service and knowledge. SSAVI is founded on the concept of true customer service. That's our promise. We bring quality, dependable service at affordable prices to the custom installation business. We are, by choice, a small business. We pride ourselves on complete customer satisfaction. As owner and general manager Kirk will be involved in every transaction....

04/30/2018

Ernie B.

Kirk is very professional. Shows up on time, explains what he will be doing and executes the plan. He installed a projector, screen, and receiver as well as universal remote. I'm very happy with the results and will use him again when I upgrade.

Description of Work
Home Theater

02/23/2018

Paula K.

Wonderful.... Kirk was very knowledgeable knew was was wrong right away...Fix service sameday Very pleased w and gave us added tips how to use what we had previous bought from prior install company. We upgraded our blue ray to work our Amazon prime member .....We have found a new audio install company ... Yahoo! Thank you, Kirk. We have shared with friends and looking to work with Kirk again.

Description of Work
FIX current intall of receiver, remote and blue ray

01/04/2018

Caryn C.

Kirk and crew replaced our family room TV and updated our surround sound system with a SONOS for the family room, sun room and master bedroom. They finished the work ahead of schedule and were super clean with no mess. The pricing for all the components were market value and the labor costs were very fair. Great job and we LOVE the system and being able to control the audio with our phones and iPads. Kirk took the time to answer all of our questions on how to operate SONOS and the TV. I would highly recommend SSAV to anyone looking to update or install a home AV system. Thank you SSAV.

Description of Work
Family room home theater update

11/16/2017

James M.

Kirk is very responsivle and accommodating. Fair prices and will work with you on getting over.

Description of Work
Re-install a playstation Re-configure a broken HDMI

10/27/2017

Brian G.

SSAVI did a great job. I couldn’t be happier. Would hire them again

Description of Work
I had a Sonosbar added and current tv mounted. Also had a second tv installed with Sonosbar & Sonos surround sound

Category home theater design,tv sales,home automation

09/13/2017

Donna C.

There were two gentlemen who came, Kevin and Matt, I believe. They were two of the nicest workmen I have ever had. They did everything in an hour and were very nice and considerate about the fact that I am somewhat electronically challenged. I would hire them again without hesitation and have recommended them to my friends.

Description of Work
They connected a new DVD player and corrected a problem so that I can get closed captioning on streaming video.

11/23/2016

Michael B.

Kirk and his time were the most professional contractors I've ever worked with. Even a year after the install, when something went wrong with one of the components (a parts problem, not caused by the installation), they picked up the part, fixed it, and returned it to me the following day. Unbelievably good service. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Install internet wifi throughout house home theater system with universal remote.

10/24/2016

Robert P.

Great. Kirk and his team were very professional. He gave excellent recommendations and solved every issue or challenge that I had.

Description of Work
Installation of TV, Sound system and WIFI networking

10/11/2016

Michael K.

I can not express how well it went. Great group of people.

Description of Work
Multiple TVs hung.

Category home theater design,internet service,tv sales,home automation

09/28/2016

Gerry D.

SSAVI is the absolute best. Kirk is incredibly knowledgeable and converted the system within our budget, and it works far better than our previous system ever did. If we ever have a question, he is very responsive as well. I can't say enough about Kirk/SSAVI. They are the best!

Description of Work
We were having issues with the prior home AV system we had installed, and the provider we used had gone out of business. As a result, we needed to have a new provider come in to fix/upgradde the system, and we chose to go with SSAVI.

09/26/2016

Hedy H.

Perfect! Everything completed clean & prompt.

Description of Work
Installation of a sound bar.

09/07/2016

Cecile H.

Kirk at SSAVI gave us excellent service. Before selling us anything, he visited our home and checked out the room where we wanted the TV installed, and made very good recommendations considering the existing windows and lighting and size of the living room. His proposal was reasonably priced, and very specific. On installation day, his team was very efficient, and took the time to explain how to use everything. We are very happy with the service SSAVI provided, and the system we have.

Description of Work
Design and installation of audio and video system for new condo, using SONOS technology.

08/30/2016

Michael C.

Fantastic! The products and services that Kirk and his team supplied were outstanding. He went over everything in a detailed methodical fashion and truly enabled you to walk through and understand what he did and why. This system far surpasses anything that I initially imagined and therefore we will not have to worry about this for many many years in the future. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
We required a full cable re-wiring of house, along with mounting a TV in our living room

07/15/2016

Tyler A.

Requested a quote and Kirk came same day. He did a thorough walk through and we scheduled the project for the following week. He confirmed 2 days before and gave a 2 hour window for his workers to come and complete the project. His guys came right on time and completed the job as quoted. Highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Take down of existing mount and TV and installation of new bracket/mount/TV

12/06/2015

Judson S.

They were very prompt and upfront about cost and what I needed done. They asked before they added any bells and whistles to make sure I wanted to pay for things. The were on time, courteous, and made sure everything was done and working before they left. It took them about 5 hours to redo/fix the wiring on two mounted tvs and make sure everything was working to my standards. It was a very good experience and we would use them again. The only negatives were that the wiring behind both tvs fell down within a day or two as it was not taped securely enough (shouldn't be a difficult fix with some electric tape) and following our service our electric fireplace, which one tv is mounted above (and may share an outlet with) is no longer functioning (this may or may not be related to the servicing and I will update as I find out more information however the fireplace stopped working the day after the service). Overall very happy with South Shore Audio Visual

Description of Work
Fixed my outdated tv cords, audio cords, and surround sound system and installed new universal remotes for two mounted tvs.

11/13/2015

Jeanne B.

Kirk and his team are wonderful. Very professional. No problems whatsoever. Everything went smoothly, even when they hit bumps in the road - were able to suggest and provide solutions and fix on the spot. Need I say more?

Description of Work
Install two TV's with sound systems; relocate one existing TV. SSAVI provided new TVs (not furnished by owner).

11/11/2015

Joan C.

Perfectly. Kirk set up the installation time and called ahead to let us know his arrival time. His work was excellent, didn't waste any time and cleaned up the mess of wires that we had. The new system needed to be set up via computer and also with our smart phones. Kirk took the time to explain and show us how we could use our system to the full extent of its abilities. His love of many styles of music was impressive and we enjoyed how the different styles sounded on the Sonos system. We would highly recommend SSAVI for any of your audio/video needs. Kirk answered all questions and responded quickly to our original request. I believe his prices were fair and his service, excellent. I would not hesitate to use his services in the future.

Description of Work
Kirk came to our home to help fix a problem with our very old stereo system. He did get the system working again, but after talking with him, no, no pressure for a sale, and deciding that our old system does not meet the requirements of newer technologies, we went with a new system. Kirk explained the Sonos system he was recommending, detailed the costs, and we made the decision that this was exactly what we had hoped for in a new system.

11/10/2015

Michael B.

Kirk and his team were the ultimate professionals. Kirk came by and came up with a plan for the work, which he turned into a detailed quote/proposal. He was responsive to my many questions and changes. On installation day, he and his guys were right on time, they worked hard all day, and got the job done as well or better than I anticipated. All of the workers were experts and were very friendly. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Installed mounted televisions; set up home network.

10/20/2015

David M.

It is run by a man named Kirk Hobbs.

Description of Work
I used South Shore Audio Video to come to the house to straighten out the internet.

Category home theater design,internet service

10/20/2015

David M.

It is run by a man named Kirk Hobbs. It is incredible and really good.

Description of Work
I used South Shore Audio Video Installation to install a home theater system for us.

04/23/2015

Anna D.

Kirk contacted me quickly for a site visit. He is pleasant and very knowledgeable, making valuable suggestions to achieve the best installation, all without over-selling. The SSAVI proposal arrived quickly, was thorough and easy to understand. Once I made the required deposit, the work was scheduled in a timely manner. The crew (2 helpers) arrived on time and protected the work area from dust and damage. Kirk outlined the scope of the project and his team was able to function well on their own. Kirk came back at the end of the day to make sure all the work was completed to his - and my - specifications. The wiring was neat and my home was returned to pre-installation condition. They even vacuumed! This was a project that I would not have enjoyed doing myself. Kirk's expertise made it worth every penny I paid. I fully recommend SSAVI for your audio/video needs. Kirk has extensive experience in the industry, serving commercial clients as well.

Description of Work
Mounted user-provided 65" LED TV using existing articulating mount. Provided a VESA adapter plate on the mount for this custom installation. Provided a 35' high-speed HDMI cable. Installed user provided sound bar on the TV bracket so it would travel with the TV. (Remote subwoofer.) Provided, installed and configured a new BluRay DVD player. Provided, installed and configured two ethernet switches and CAT 6 cabling through walls and in to basement. Provided and installed surge protection for all equipment as necessary. Provided wired connection to TiVo and Apple TV.

Category home theater design,internet service

04/11/2015

Kathleen W.

Kirk came over and was able to fix wifi connection, as well as improving wifi for other devices. I have used him a couple of times before for bigger jobs. Kirk is terrific, he knows his stuff. His team is terrific too! They are all very nice and professional. I would highly recommend!!

Description of Work
My son was having problems with wifi connection for Xbox.

04/02/2015

Joan C.

Kirk is a professional, who is very knowledgeable about the audio/video space. A former Tweeter installer, he knows A/V inside and out. He and his team were prompt, courteous, clean, detail oriented, and were able to complete the installation in a timely manner. From the first visit where we discussed options, throughout the process, he made and explained different options and recommendations, and kept us informed of the entire project to make sure we understood everything, and were completely satisfied. Since an electrician was coming to install outlets for the TV, I also arranged for him to change out our Thermostat. Kirk's Subcontractor was very prompt, courteous, and knowledgeable. After he was finished, I noticed an Angie's List coupon when I entered the site to make a recommendation. I contacted Kirk to ask if I could take advantage of the discount, and he promptly sent me a refund check! I would highly recommend South Shore Audio for your Audio Visual needs!

Description of Work
Custom installation of customer supplied 55" HD TV, Wall mounted and all wires hidden; new electrical and cable outlets to feed TV, Sonos Playbar mounted on wall, Sonos SubWoofer, RF TV remote, reintegrate BluRay DVD, Verizon Fios set top box, completed setup of all including downloading of apps to control Sonos through iPhone; installation of new wireless Honeywell programmable thermostat.

Category home theater design

Thank you for the positive feedback we are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with the services we provided we appreciate the business and look forward to servicing your audio video needs in the future.

02/17/2015

BRIAN A.

Kirk is a true professional! He is prompt, courteous, and above all he is extremely knowledgeable regarding anything Audio/Visual. Kirk and his professional crew arrive on time, and it's off to work. They keep you in the loop through the entire project to make sure that the customer is completely satisfied. I would recommend South Shore Audio without hesitation!

Description of Work
Changed all audio visual wiring from Composite to HDMI on one television. Installed new receiver, Blu ray, and universal remote. Mounted a new 40 inch Samsung Tv, and programmed a new Sonos sound system for a separate room. Added a new wireless router, and reconfigured all wireless capabilities. Installed a new floor subwoofer to complete a 5.1 surround sound.

Category home theater design

Thank you for the great comments and feedback! We appreciate the business and look forward to servicing your A/V needs in the future!

01/23/2015

Brendan F.

Kirk is an amazing guy to work with. He knows how to answer any audio and video question and is able to set your home up with the system you are looking for. He is professional, reasonable, and a hard worker. Even after installation he is available for questions and always responds to emails! Great guy, works weekends and is very flexible around your schedule. Highly, highly recommended.

Description of Work
Upgraded existing sound system in newly purchased home.

Drummond Construction LLC

Drummond Construction LLC is an owner opeated Roofing/Masonry company out of Weymouth, MA. We specialize in shingle roofs, chimneys and masonry restoration. With 20+ years of experience we strive to provide professional and quality service.

Bay State Brick & Stonework

Bay State Brick and Stonework, a Super Service Award winner, was founded in 1989 in West Roxbury, Massachusetts serving all of Eastern Massachusetts including the urban centers of Boston and Cambridge. Our expertise includes all elements of masonry restoration and new masonry construction.         Additional address - 30 Winter St, Mansfield, MA 02048. Additional phone - (508) 339-2770. Additional DBA - baystatebrick.com.

Castle Electric, Inc.

Castle is a family run electrical company based in Norwood, MA. We know what it is like to be a homeowner; it is not easy to choose the right company to provide service to your most valuable asset. We use our years of experience to get the job done right the first time. We arrive on time; provide prompt, clean and reliable service. We use upfront pricing so there are no surprises. Once a contract is agreed upon we stick to that contract. We have always treated our customers as we would like to be treated, this is how we build our business, on the appreciation of our happy customers! * We have 30 plus years experience. * Your satisfaction is our highest priority * Centrally located office provides quick service for you. * We provide service to all of eastern Ma. * We stand behind all of our work. * 24 hour Emergency Service * Because your home is your Castle!

Internet Service
    TV Sales
    Phone Wiring
    American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, PayPal, Check

Home Theater Systems, Whole House Music Systems, Home Automation Systems. Home Network Installation.

Satellite dish installation. Roof Top antennas. 3rd party intercom installation.