D.E.S. Systems, LLC

Founded 1986 • With Angi since August 2012

D.E.S Systems, LLC. is a full-service electrical and security contractor, proudly serving Eastern & Central Massachusetts. We can handle any of your electrical needs as well as security systems and audio-visual installations. At least half of our business is from client referrals, and we're proud

electrician (31)lighting (15)ceiling fan installation (6)home security systems (1)

05/20/2021

Alan L.

Everything went great. Fast response, was able to get out very quick and completed the work in one visit. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Electrical work

Work Completed On 05/20/2021

01/24/2021

Ali A.

Excellent in every way! The estimate was fair, they were on time, clean, knowledgeable, efficient and our living room is now bright and cozy!

Description of Work
Recessed lighting

Work Completed On 01/19/2021

08/06/2020

Geoffrey S.

Job went perfectly. Steve responded quickly to the request for a quote and came right away for an on-site assessment. He was patient while I waited on 2 other quotes for comparison (1 of which came to almost 5 x D.E.S.'s rate for the same job, btw), with my requests for specific models of hardware, and with questions. The work was performed professionally, quickly, cleanly and courteously ~ 1 week after D.E.S. received my deposit. Bravo!

Description of Work
Installation of new ventilation fan/light unit in previously uncut ceiling above shower and connection to existing (dedicated) roof vent; installation of new 3-gang wall box with receptacle, switch for fan light, and timer for fan; disconnection of existing receptacle from vanity light fixture and switch.

Work Completed On 08/06/2020

05/13/2020

Vik S.

DES Systems was great! Completely aware of my social distancing concerns, they arrived wearing masks, and they got the job done on time and on budget.

Description of Work
Several electrical plugs installed on new circuit breakers

Work Completed On 05/12/2020

04/08/2020

Dennis G.

Steve called me right back after filling out the Angielist survey for work, showed up the same day and was done in a few hours. He was respectful of the on going coronavirus situation and did a very professional job with the electrical work. He's going on my list of go to contractors.

Description of Work
Adding an outlet for a dishwasher, replacing 4 older outlets in kitchen

Work Completed On 04/07/2020

04/03/2020

Bill H.

Steve was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. Professional, punctual and personable. Returned our request for a quote immediately and showed up right on time. Came back to complete the work (again, right at the scheduled time) and did the work quickly and efficiently and left the workplace as clean as when he arrived. Would definitely hire Steve and DES again for any of our electrical needs around the house!

Description of Work
Install outdoor lights for front of garage and front door. Install motion detector security light on front of garage. Move switch/outlet in garage to better location. Install exterior outlet to side of house.

Work Completed On 05/24/2019

02/14/2020

James F.

Steve responded same-day to our request for help, was able to stop by within an hour, and repaired a water-damaged circuit breaker in less than half-an-hour. He was also able to identify the source of the leak that caused the damaged and seal it. Thank you, Steve!

Description of Work
Circuit Breaker Repair

Work Completed On 02/13/2020

01/18/2020

Jason M.

Steve and Jim did a fantastic job rewiring 12 outlets to the breaker box! Their work was clean and efficiently performed. They completed the job in a few hours/half a day and were a pleasure to have in the house. Both were very professional and upbeat about their work. Steve advised us on ways to save money--where others hadn't--the overall value and quality of the job was superb. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for an electrician and would hire them again for future projects.

Description of Work
Rewire receptacles throughout the house for grounding purposes.

Work Completed On 01/17/2020

01/13/2020

Alex R.

Steve is a pleasure to work with. He was reliable, fair in his pricing, and did excellent work, on schedule. I'd happily use his services in the future, and highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Wiring for a new kitchen and other wiring needs

Work Completed On 12/15/2019

12/29/2019

Patricia S.

[*** Link removed ***] Steve Durning's timing couldn't be better. He came on December 31 to fix my hallway light switch just before I prepared for a medical procedure. Steve reconnected a wire for a 3-way switch controlling the fixture. He also installed an exterior floodlight motion sensor and 2 new flood lamp holders in the rear of the house. Steve was accurate, quick, and explained what he was doing.

Description of Work
Fix hall light switch, install back motion sensor.

Work Completed On 12/31/2019

02/25/2019

Lois L.

Steve is always incredibly responsive, responsible, and professional. He first started doing electrical work on our house as part of a large home renovation project. That was 7 years ago, and I know I can call on him for any electrical need we have. The few times we have had an emergency, he responded immediately. I trust him absolutely and feel fortunate to know such a wonderful professional. I recommend him highly!

Description of Work
Install tesla home charger, upgrade electrical outlets in bedrooms and garage.

Work Completed On 01/30/2019

01/25/2019

Eric C.

Steve was very professional. He came out for a free estimate and was competitively priced. His team was neat and professional and they finished the job in a timely manner. The job was better than expected. We would use DES systems again in the future for our electrical needs. He was educated about our needs for the Tesla system and how best to install our supercharger. They were able to come up with solutions for our other electrical issues. We would highly recommend Steve and DES systems. Thank you.

Description of Work
Tesla Supercharger Install/ Outlet Installation/ Recessed Lighting Evaluation for Weatherization

Work Completed On 01/18/2019

11/21/2018

DOROTHY C.

Steve is a highly professional electrician that I was fortunate enough to find for the many updates and improvements my mid-century home needed. He's done work in my home several times this year and has made some amazing improvements. His work is neat, clean and affordable. I feel confident that I have found my go-to guy for all my electrical needs.

Description of Work
Updated all my wall plugs, installed large fluorescent ceiling light in basement, recessed led lighting in living room, replaced a pendant light and a bedroom ceiling fan and so much more ...

Work Completed On 10/30/2018

Review for D.E.S. Systems, LLC - Summer Street, South Walpole, MA - 37566764

10/28/2018

J M.

Steve did a great job. He was able to qickley diagnose and repair my problems. He knows what he is doing. He is efficient, affordable, and reliable. You can't go wrong. I'll use him again.

Description of Work
Used DES two times for electrical and wiring.

Work Completed On 10/28/2018

10/28/2018

J M.

I had two jobs. Steve did both. He knows what he's doing. Professional, efficient, reliable, and affordable. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 10/20/2018

10/17/2018

Gregory R.

I am very happy with the work Steve performed. I ended up needing to be out of the country for over 2 weeks and Steve performed most of the work while I was away. All the worked performed while I was away matched what I originally asked for. Steve is down to earth and a nice person to deal with. If I need another electrician, I know whom to call.

Description of Work
Wiring of new garage

Work Completed On 08/08/2018

07/05/2018

Abid R.

Initially made an appointment just to get an estimate. Replaced an old 50 pint dehumidifier with a new 70 pint one and it ended up being too much of a load with the other things plugged in on the same circuit. Needed to have a new circuit run from the electrical panel on the finished side to the dehumidifier on the unfinished side. Steve showed up on the dot at 7:30 AM and we ended up hiring him on the spot. Didn't take much time at all and he was very patient with all the questions we had about other electrical jobs around the house. Will definitely have D.E.S Systems come out again once we're ready for the other projects.

Description of Work
New Electrical Circuit for Basement

Work Completed On 06/20/2018

07/02/2018

cinthia S.

Steve was incredible. Everything you'd want in a contractor. Professional, courteous, clean and neat, with very polished work. He was a pleasure to have in our home and we feel lucky to have found him. His work was so orderly and well done! We were really impressed. Not only that, but he worked quickly and efficiently and was very reasonably priced. We got several quotes so we had comparisons. His quote was reasonable, but I think the work was at the highest level! Truly a good value and a good person. We will hire him again for all our electrical needs.

Description of Work
We had electrical outlets moved, replaced, and upgraded in our kitchen.

Work Completed On 06/21/2018

06/28/2018

Eileen F.

great job. Steve was very prompt, efficient, got right on job as promised and was excellent. Would hire him again.

Description of Work
outlets and wall telephone moved to another wall

Category electrician, phone wiring, ceiling fans

05/20/2018

Hemali P.

Extremely happy with the work done, very professional and punctual, precise and friendly, Steve, along with his right hand man Jimmy, came with all supplies on time and completed the tasks on time and left the working areas in neat condition.

Description of Work
Installing ceiling lights, replacing garage motion lights and other misc electrical repairs

Work Completed On 05/19/2018

05/06/2018

Dan C.

Steve did an outstanding job and went above expectations to ensure the job was done and done right. Thank you Steve! We’ll certainly be looking to use him for any electrical work needed.

Description of Work
Electrical connection to lamp post

Work Completed On 05/06/2018

05/02/2018

Madison R.

During a winter storm this year we had a tree and pole come down pulling the entire exterior electrical box from our house. We contacted a few people on Angies List and Steve promptly returned our call, came to our home and began restoring our power. Due to the electrical box coming off our house, NSTAR cut all line s and power to our home for safety reason so having Steve moved fast was a god send! He began work on Friday afternoon and early Saturday morning, contacted building inspector immediatly to arrange to have the work he did signed off so we could regain electricity and power to our home. He went ABOVE and BEYOND to provide EXCELLENT service and professionalism! He is everything I would want in a contractor and highly recommend him! We have already shared his name with family and friends and I am sure they will be just as happy with him and his work!

Description of Work
Exterior electrical box

Work Completed On 02/09/2018

05/02/2018

ajay S.

I requested Steve to do some electrical work around the house (I am not handy) based on some positive reviews i saw online. - Steve came promptly at the appointed time. Was very polite and friendly .. - Work I needed was -- new circuit to be installed for my sump pump (the old circuit has too many appliances attached to it and was tripping) -- An outdoor floodlight had shattered - wanted to get a new one installed at a slightly higher location -- Had some electrical outlets in some very tight spaces that i wanted to replace with fixtures that would not break -- a light in a very tight space was not working (an earlier electrical contractor had "mis-wired" it. Steve did all of this during the course of about 6 hours. He was friendly, efficient and cleaned up everything after the job. I would hire Steve again in a heartbeat for any electrical work. PS: I do not know Steve - i hired him based on the positive online reviews I saw and his proximity to my house - I was definitely apprehensive but he worked out great. Hopefully this positive review will serve some other homeowner in good stead too !

Description of Work
Electrical work around the house