Adam Quenneville Roofing & Siding

Founded 1996 • With Angi since April 2007

Adam Quenneville Roofing & Siding is a 3rd generation owned and operated family business. They are proud to have won the 2010 BBB Torch Award out of 1700 companies, which recognizes trust, performance and integrity. As a company, they are dedicated to providing the best possible quality, superior

A Service Provider's profile imageA Service Provider's profile image

4.2

4.2

4.4

4.4

4.3

roofing (120)siding companies (24)window replacement (17)roof cleaning (16)gutter repair (12)general contractors (8)woodworking (4)insulation (4)skylight installation (3)chimney repair (3)gutter cleaning (3)house painting (1)

11/10/2022

Tony S.

When the salesman came to my home to Inspect the work that needed to be done he up sold me on a roof shampoo, which I agreed to. THe job of replacing the gutter was small and I was throwing the company a bone. When AQ arrived to remove the old gutter it was discovered I had years of water damage to the structure and it was beyond the scope of AQ skill set to fix. I hired a carpenter to Rep,ace the structural damage and was intent on having AQ finish the gutter replacement. After the carpenter was complete I needed windows and trim wrapped. The salesman came back out and realized-priced the work. I was in constant contact with the production manager so the work could be completed timely as I had exposed wood from the carpentry repair. AQ sent out 3 crews, none of which could complete the job of wrapping my windows to match the other 20+ windows in my house. The last time I was assured AQ was capable of completing the work as I was required to match the other window wrapping. They were not! I have owned my home for 22 years and AQ was by far the worst experience with a contractor service. They claim to be a family owned company that takes care of their customers . The salesman tells you one thing, the production manger another, and the work crew still another. I called 3 times asking to speak to Adam, and every time I received and excuse why the owner could not call me. Buyer beware! Stay away!

Description of Work
I needed an old wood gutter replaced with seamless aluminum gutter.

Category contractors, gutter repair, replacement windows

Work Completed On 11/10/2022

10/23/2022

Samuel T.

The salesman was pushy and aggressive in trying to upsell me. I had to ask several times for the price of the work that I needed done. when I did finally get the price it was twice what I ended up paying another company. I wasn’t surprised with the attitude or price but the Angi app practically forced me to include Adam Quinville in my list of pro’s I was requesting a quote from.

Description of Work
Quote for gutter replacement

Category gutter repair

Work Completed On 10/18/2022

We are so sorry for your experience. The representative was confused because you would not allow him on the roof,which is a big part of the estimate. Our representative said that you were in the driveway driving off before he could give you a price. Once again, we are truly sorry if your experience was less than stellar. We thank you for your feedback which will allow us to learn from this experience and provide us with the tools to make someone else's experience better.

06/22/2022

Linda S.

Great, Nate took good care of us. Very precessional. Took time to go over what we wanted to have done. When I needed question answered he replied ASAP. Would recommend services to anyone.

Description of Work
Roof and gutters

Category contractors

Work Completed On 06/22/2022

Thank you for your business and feedback from the AQRS team!

05/09/2022

Michelle H.

Had a appointment at 5:30 pm , no one showed up not even a phone call . I had to call them and it was one excuse after another . No communication. When we were called to verify we told them that companies don’t show up , they said they were definitely not like that . Well obviously that is a lie ..

Description of Work
Just needed a estimate

Category contractors

Work Completed On 05/09/2022

12/27/2021

Elizabeth L.

Reported the leak to them in Mid-September 2021. It's December 27,2021 and they still haven't fixed the leak. They've been out to the house 3 times- the fourth scheduled appointment was a no-show/no-call. Twice they came out to look at the issue. The third time they stated it was too cold to removed the shingles because they were frozen-but they also stated that they needed to order more supplies so they wouldn't have been able to fix it that day anyway. Their communication is non-existent. They sub-contract the roof installations out. Stay as far away from them as possible.

Description of Work
Needed a leak fixed in a roof they had installed 9 years prior.

Work Completed On 12/02/2021

07/21/2021

J F.

The person from AQR&S showed, was pleasant, first of all told me what a total roof replacement would cost, it was the highest estimate I had received so far. There was one leak, over one room, and that's all I needed to be fixed, entire roof replacement was far too expensive at the time. The AQR&S person said, "we're not the cheap guys".....and by the quote he gave me, they definitely are not the most economical place to call for help. Next was, so how much to fix the spot that's leaking? He had gone up on the roof, came inside the house, saw where there was a leak and then told me, the price to fix it...... $550.00 I was a little surprised but he said there was "a list" of prices he had to follow. Really??? Well, maybe but quite obviously this company gets every nickel they can. He left, went to Home Depot, spent maybe $25. at most, came back and he and another guy went up on the roof, took maybe 15 min. or so and AQR&S was paid $550. ! Sorry but I think that's kind of expensive for the little bit of material that was used, the short time it took to put it up, and......the repair lasted less than a year. I initially called AQR&S mainly because of their commercials on tv and should have done what I usually do, LOOK at reviews online. I see some of the reviews on Angi's website are less than glowing.

Description of Work
Repair a leak on the roof.

Work Completed On 03/26/2020

05/09/2021

Mark K.

Easy to work with, efficient and did a very good job. Project went quickly, very satisfied

Description of Work
Roof wash and repairs

Category contractors, roofing

Work Completed On 04/22/2021

Thank you so much for your review!

11/09/2020

June B.

Great job, the roofers arrived on time & finished our large roof in the same day. The workmen were very polite. The project manager Joe did a great job, & the roof looks beautiful.

Description of Work
roof replaced

Work Completed On 11/09/2020

Thank you very much for your feedback and your business!

02/18/2020

David B.

The company used outside contractors. When we complained about some of the work done, the response was "we don't use them anymore." The workers lost some live wires (for an outside light) in a wall, reinstalled our security lights and cable/electric wires too low, and improperly reinstalled two lights. We had to call an electrician to fix the problems, at a cost of over $1000. Also, the roof over our family room leaked - the response was that they did everything they were supposed to do. We would definitely never use them again.

Description of Work
new roof, replacement windows, vinyl siding

Category roofing, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 02/18/2020

Thank you so much for your feedback. The project was completed in 2013. We did a full siding, roof, window and skylights. In 2014 gutter covers and a full gutter project was purchased from our company. There is record of a leak in 2015 that we went to and fixed. We have not received any other communication since 2015. I am very sorry for your experience and as always your feedback will allow us to learn from your project and train our staff accordingly. If you would like to discuss this matter further please feel free to contact us at 413-536-5955 or for your convenience we can be reached on the web at www.1800newroof.net.

01/14/2020

Jason E.

We used Adam Quenneville Roofing and Siding for our siding and windows. Everything was seamless and Adam's crew was extremely communicative and hardworking through the entire process. I would recommend them to anyone looking to get their roofing/windows/siding done.

Description of Work
Siding and windows

Category siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 01/14/2020

01/11/2020

Kristie H.

I am so pleased with my roof shampoo. My roof looks brand new I would highly recommend this company and especially this service.

Description of Work
Roof shampoo

Category roof cleaning

Work Completed On 11/20/2019

Thank you for your positive feedback as a company we strive to provide the best service we can to our customers.

01/10/2020

Katy E.

The instillation was done in one day, the crew was neat and efficient. I would for sure recommend this company.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 01/02/2020

Thank you very much for your business.

11/19/2019

Katy E.

Excellent service the results were amazing.

Description of Work
Roof shampoo and Roof Maxx

Category roof cleaning

Work Completed On 11/01/2019

Thank you so much for your positive feedback!

10/26/2018

Elizabeth C.

Beware - beware!!! My description/opinion of the company and the employees to whom I spoke: gypsy operation, rude, belligerent, they contradict each other, talk over you (impossible to get a word in), they bully and they obviously get multiple complaints because they all know the rebuttal spiel and are down right nasty. First let me say that there is something very strange going on if Angie's list and Home Advisor give them high ratings. I can only conclude that there are many fake entries on their behalf. It would do these resources well to check other reviews on the internet. Based on this experience I will never resort to Angie's List or Home Advisor again. My clients needed to have the lichen removed prior to their home sale. The estimator (who has no true experience in the field) has her "spiel" down pat! Word for Word she repeated it twice. Talked my clients into doing far more work than was needed and they paid 50% up front. When the worker arrived he informed my clients that they should not be doing the entire package they were sold because it would actually damage the roof and remove the granules on the shingles. I also spoke with him at length while he was there and determined that the shampoo/lichen spray was all that was needed. That same day we called their office and received the rudest runaround imaginable. At first they said the amount of work needed or the potential damage could only be determined by their expert and then rescinded that statement when they realized it didn't support their goal of getting all of the money from my client. Here is part of my clients experience: On September 20, 2018 a representative from Adam Quenneville Roofing, Tiffany Carter, came out to view our roof and give us a quote. This started out to be a cleaning of the entryway porch roof. The ’sales pitch’ led us to believe we should do more and that we needed some repairs so we thought it was the right thing to do. She implied that we needed a ‘roof tune-up’ (check for loose shingles, nail down curled shingles),and a roof shampoo that would address the moss and lichen issues. There was mention of lichen being more difficult but no mention of it damaging our shingles when treated. We were told they would do the tune up and then clean the gutters first to allow for clear flow off the roof. We came into the house to see a video of the process but were never shown the video. Tiffany went right to giving us varying prices, part roof, whole roof, front, back tune up (ie - , etc. Next she gave us the contract to sign - without any explanation of its fine print. We called the following week as we had not heard from Quenneville and inquired as to ‘when’ they would be coming. After another call, we were given October 9 as a date and were told they would arrive around 8:30, weather permitting. We did not hear from them after that. On October 9th, Bill left at 9 and I left at 9:30, as no one had arrived. When Bill returned later in the morning, the workers had been here, applied the ’shampoo treatment’ and had left for lunch. No roof tune up had been done - Bill was told the roof didn’t need any repairs, it was in good condition. And the gutters had not been cleaned out prior to the process. The worker explained that we would lose the grit off the shingles with the treatment process so Bill declined any further work. The worker also questioned water availability as he would have had to refill his tanker of 800 gallons a time or two. This had not been mentioned in the initial sales pitch. He actually said ‘hot’ water would be used. My husband called the Quenneville office in the afternoon to speak with someone - he was told a manager would call back - he/she was out to lunch. Never received a call back. At 3 p.m. today, Wednesday, October 10 we called again and had a very unprofessional conversation with the young lady who answered the phone. She would not listen to anything we had to say and had a reason or excuse for everything. She offered to have the roof tune up done - which didn’t make sense since we were told it did not need it when they came out on the 9th. That was not the point. She rambled on so much you could not get a word in. We again asked for a manager and was told he/she was at lunch (again) and would call back. At this point I took over for my clients. We needed the receipt for closing. I spoke with three different people, all of them defensive and belligerent. I swear they were all reading from the same play book. I hoped to get the warranty but I knew that was a long shot. However, I needed the receipt to show my clients had paid $773 for the solution to be sprayed on the roof. I also tried for a refund of some of the money because $773 is a ridiculous amount for what was done - not a chance. I was only sent the receipt after I said perhaps the new owner would have them do the balance. They are incapable of "doing the right thing."

Description of Work
Cleaning to Remove Lichen

Category gutter cleaning, roofing, roof cleaning

Work Completed On 10/09/2018

05/11/2018

Catherine S.

Great. Total price included a roof inspection for our solar company.

Description of Work
We thought we needed a new roof to prep for solar panal installation. Bob Croteau told us that we did not need a new roof. Talk about being relieved, a $15-20,000 savings. We asked about a Roofmaxx application and he said it could be done. Skylights sealed and any small area was addressed. A truly honest and professional representative of the company.

Work Completed On 05/11/2018

03/20/2018

Kara P.

Great job by all. Great communication, response time, clean up and work! All around great experience.

Description of Work
full roof on house

Work Completed On 10/20/2017

Amanda H.

We had a really excellent experience with this company. They were thorough when they wrote up an estimate. They knew exactly how to deal with putting new skylights into the dome roof and saved us having to have custom windows made. Coordinating was easy--they even used texting (I hate phone calls...) to organize things. The guys who showed up were on time, professional, and easy to work with. Great experience. We'll use them again.

Description of Work
Replace leaking skylights on a dome roof

Category roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 01/16/2018

Michael L.

It was a 30 minute job with 15 cap shingles on a roof they installed 10 years prior. The old ones had blown off on a windy day. And I was charged 900 dollars for the repair. I also had to call 2 times to get the repair scheduled

Description of Work
Repair cap shingles on previous installed roof

Work Completed On 11/15/2017

Geoffrey R.

On time as planned with materials, labor, & cleanup.

Description of Work
New roofs on 25 buildings. Broken down to 5 buildings/year.

Work Completed On 01/11/2018

12/06/2017

Keith R.

The team at Adam Quenneville roofing was spectacular. I am always nervous when picking a contractor to work on my home because it is the largest investment I have and Adam’s team treated it as such from start to finish. From picking out my colors and materials, installation and cleanup they were all perfect through and through. I watched Adam’s crew throughout the installation and they moved right along like clockwork not a wasted step or motion. But not too fast to affect workmanship. I remember watching a worker where a little piece of aluminum wasn’t going in just right, instead of just shoving it in there and moving along, he took the time to stop what he was doing, put his tools down and get the piece of metal in there properly. Gave me peace of mind that they were treating me and my home as if it were their own. I would definitely use them again and would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Needed a new roof. I had a few leaks over the years and I also needed a good sized porch sided.

Category roofing, siding

12/06/2017

Keith R.

Description of Work
Needed a new roof. It was getting old and had a couple of leaks over the years. Also needed a good sized porch sided.

Category roofing, siding

12/05/2017

Maura A.

The crew was very professional, fast, friendly, and clean. We recommend Adam Quenneville to anyone.

Description of Work
We needed A repair and a roof.

Work Completed On 12/05/2017