Techie to the Rescue

Founded 2019 •

Awards & Badges

Learn over Zoom (for all 50 states) or (with travel fee) available for in person training and support if you live near

Sharon, MA 02067

Speed up my internet

Speed up my internet

computer repair202002459
We ran a speedtest on the client’s internet and the numbers were around 49/112. When we finished troubleshooting we achieved speeds of 221/239! A long way from the 49/112 zone! Since this wasn't a network issue we needed to troubleshoot the computer software itself. P G. - Customer Avrom was Awesome! He responded quickly and communicated well throughout both the booking and during the repairs on site. He showed up with a mask (as did I) to protect each other, asked use questions to determine what I'd already attempted and came with the diagnostic skills and tools to completely resolve the unusual issue! 12 years as an Apple Store tech and excellent customer service training makes him my go-to Mac tech going forward! I highly recommend him. PG My response: Thank you so much Paul. I always enjoy a good puzzle. We were able to determine the updates for the Mac and elements of the computer that needed to be targeted to enable a faster internet connection to you MacBook Pro. Knowing what worked helped isolate what wasn’t working. Looking forward to supporting your technology in the future.

707-267-7778 remote computer training and troubleshooting over Zoom. I specialize in Apple devices, drawing on my 12+ years working for Apple. I can help with tips and tricks, and buying recommendations and solutions that are out of the box. Clients often come to me after they have exhausted other options. They are surprised that I am able to solve most of their problems rather quickly. If I don't know the answer off the top of my head I am not afraid to do the research necessary to find the best solution that is currently available. I tailor learning based on my students’ needs and provide a premium experience. I offer discounted packages when you buy lessons in bulk. I believe that anyone can learn Apple technology (Mac. iPhone, iPad, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, iMovie, Photos, Mail, and more) with the right teacher! I want to understand why you bought your device and focus on the needs you want to cover. Through the Zoom platform I am able to lead and guide you through the process of understanding your device. (If you don't already know how to use Zoom I will teach you what you need to know.) The screen sharing capabilities in Zoom may even allow me draw all over your screen depending upon what equipment you already have. (If you have not experienced this yet... it's an awesome experience!) I make it my business to ensure that you feel more comfortable with your device and are not afraid of it. Many people are afraid of breaking their devices if they click the wrong button. I will give you the confidence in understanding what you need to know to make using your technology more pleasant. I prefer to work with you remotely but for an extra fee, I can come to your home and work with you in person if you live locally. My prices reflect the high demand I am currently experiencing, along with my vast experience with Apple. I take amazing care of my students and look forward to helping them through their technological journey! AWARDS: Thumbtack Top Pro 2020...

Resposiveness

computer repair (5)

08/26/2020

Techie to the rescue was a lifesaver! I had a time sensitive project for a major company that needed last minute editing. He was professional , efficient, knowledgeable, and the turnaround time was fast. I would recommend for any type of project personal or business.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Video editing

CATEGORY video transfer,computer repair,video production

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/25/2020

I am so glad I was able to help you with your time sensitive video editing project. I loved working on it! Can’t wait to collaborate on the next project. I am thrilled that the major company was able to get the final edited video in a timely manner.

08/22/2020

Awesome! Always on time and ready to help. Just like having a in-house IT Department!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Complete update of the OS! And, client training.

CATEGORY computer repair,computer training

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/21/2020

I love working with you and answering all kinds of interesting questions that you have on how to use the Apple computer and 3rd party apps like Dropbox and Microsoft Office. Keep up the great work and looking forward to our next session!

08/14/2020

It far exceeded my expectations and was well worth it. Their professionalism, expertise, and proficiency are unparalleled. I'd highly recommend Techie to the Rescue to others.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Diagnosed and repaired computer to become a more efficient and speedier machine. Integrated an already existing credit card system into the nonprofit organizations website.

CATEGORY computer repair,computer training,web designers

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/16/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your kind words. So glad I was able to help you with your website payment system. Looking forward to providing continued support in the future.

08/10/2020

I've sold audiovisual hardware for many years and in my job, I meet lots of trainers and tech support people. When I met Avrom I could tell he was different from the others. Meeting someone who can answer my technical question is one thing... meeting someone who instantly seems to know why I asked the question, what other questions I probably have, and how to quickly get me back to my task is some...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Customized training on Final Cut Pro X and related videography issues'

CATEGORY computer repair,computer training,video production

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/10/2020

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed]. It is always a thrill to work on your projects. I love doing the research to investigate why and how things work. It is through that discovery process that I am able to think outside of the box and find unique solutions that others might not originally think of. I love technology and find it fun, engaging and exciting.

08/09/2020

Excellent. Very knowledgeable and very patient. I highly recommend!!!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Implemented system changes to speed up an Apple Macintosh computer that was running at a slow speed.

CATEGORY computer repair,computer training

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/09/2020

It was great working with you. Slow computers can be annoying. I am glad I was able to help speed up your Apple laptop system. Thank you again for working with me over Zoom screen share.

Techie In Person (available for Massachusetts and Rhode Island Only)--Meet me in person at my office or (depending on how far away you are) for an extra fee, I will go to your location. We can go over any technology that is in your residence. Techie to the Rescue cannot be held responsible for your data. It is your responsibility to have a backup system and to bring any resources that you have to our session. ******************************************************************************** Techie on the Phone--This support is all based upon you being able to generally describe what is going on with your tech and following directions as we work together to solve your issue. Best for those who already have an adequate understanding of how technology works. ******************************************************************************** Techie Over Zoom--Using the Zoom platform, I will teach you how to screen share your device. This will enable me to draw (depending on device) all over the screen. It's as if I am right there in the room with you! I've used this to help clients install software, (Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Google Chrome, etc,) better understand their technology, and help troubleshoot slow Apple computers. ******************************************************************************** Techie Edits My Video--Have an old home video you want to digitize? Do you already have a bunch of pictures and videos that you wish someone could edit for you? Do you want to break into YouTube but just need an editor? I will work with you to make your project shine. I have a fast machine (Ram: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, 8 TB of storage, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB, 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9) with Final Cut Pro and experience in video editing. ******************************************************************************** Techie Talks to Customer Support--Are you sick of talking to customer service? I know most people are, but I actually enjoy speaking to them. I will work with you and the customer support agent to resolve your technology. ******************************************************************************** Adopt a Techie Grandson--Do you have elderly parents who just keep nagging you about their technology issues? You can only answer so many times how to send an email, print a picture, or do other fun tasks. If you have them call a tech support line they don't know how to help them. Hire me to work with them and free up your valuable time. Packages are available upon request.

Repairs outside of Massachusetts and Rhode Island ********************************************************************************IT Support for complex server networks ******************************************************************************** Knowing everything. Those who hire me know that I am not a robot; I don't know everything. What I do know is how to find answers. Think of me like a technology detective. ******************************************************************************** I only offer service when I know it is in the best interest of the customer. If the cost of parts is essentially the price of a new computer, I will make recommendations of what to buy instead of repairing the unit. ******************************************************************************** Repairs only take place at our facility. I will not open up any machine in your residence. This is to protect your device from Static Dynamic Electricity (example: rub foot on carpet while wearing socks, touch metal, get zapped). I do not want your machine to get damaged further by not being grounded while repair is taking place. This means that you may be without your device while it undergoes testing, waiting for parts to come in, and repair.

Remote 30 minute session over zoom only: Pitch your price pay what you feel the service was worth to you.(must mention senior discount at time of quote to qualify) available to first time customers only.