Real Dry Waterproofing - Scituate

Founded 1982 • With Angi since December 2007

36 Tichnor Pl

Scituate, MA 02066

Family owned business since 1982 and 2016 Angie's List Super Service Award winner. All long term employees, no salesman and the two owners are on every job. We do not sub-contract unless it is a field of expertise outside of our field of business. We do offer financing and payment plans....

06/24/2022

Tristan B.

The entire experience, from start to finish, was a pleasure, which we were not expecting. From the time Curt came out to take a look at our issue, from the time the team was wrapping up the work, everyone was extremely professional and friendly. We always heard from Curt when he said we would hear from him, and the team on-site was a hard-working group of professionals. The quote from Real Dry was about 3k less than competitors. There were no high-pressure sales tactics, and no surprise add-ons to the quote. And the work they performed is top notch! They did a fantastic job and they will be my go-to company for any services they offer. We are very happy with the entire experience!

Description of Work
We needed the entire perimeter of our basement waterproofed.

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe

10/11/2021

Christina G.

After this summer’s unprecedented rains, our sump pump system failed and our finished basement took on water. Most basement waterproofing companies we called told us they couldn’t handle our specific issue. Curt from Real Dry Waterproofing came within a few days of our call, inspected the system and diagnosed the problem quickly. He also explained it in a way that we could easily understand and designed a solution that is much more robust than what had been in place before. The Real Dry Waterproofing team installed a new system with backup, quickly and professionally, and at a reasonable cost. We are really impressed with the expertise of this team and we would recommend them to anyone with any kind of waterproofing problem.

Description of Work
repair & replace storm water management system

Category basement waterproofing, wells

12/28/2020

Thomas F.

Curt was very professional and responsive from the moment we first called him. We had a dirt floor crawlspace with a large amount of moisture. The crawl space height was very low but Curt's crew managed to get in and de-mold and encapsulate the entire crawlspace. They also installed a thermostatically controlled dehumidifier which kicks on automatically when the moisture level gets too high. The crew did an excellent job under challenging conditions. The price was right too. Would recommend Curt and Real Dry to anyone needing basement or crawlspace solutions.

Description of Work
Dirt Floor Crawl space Encapsulation Needed.

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing

11/10/2020

Michael D.

This was one of several firms I had in to look at the problem. Curt, the owner of Real Dry offered a solution that seemed to make sense and gave me a quote that was reasonable given the amount of work that was required. I was most confident in the recommendation here relative to what the other contractors were suggesting. Despite an unexpected problem with the septic pipe being cracked outside the house, the firm rose to the occasion and completed the repairs with exceptional service. I am very glad I found this firm and highly recommend them to anyone with basement issues.

Description of Work
We had water leaking into our basement from where the septic pipe exits the foundation.

Category basement waterproofing, drain pipe, foundation repair

05/30/2020

Philip W.

Curt e-mailed that he would call to set up an appointment. He never called nor responded to an e-mail.

Description of Work
Asked for a quote for Basement Waterproofing

Category basement waterproofing

At Real Dry, we do our best to respond to all customer leads and inquiries within 24 to 48 hours. As an essential business, we are currently operating with a slightly reduced staff due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Nevertheless, we DID reply to Mr. [Member Name Removed] inquiry within 2 days. Apparently, this was not sufficient for Mr. [Member Name Removed], and when we did reach him – in a direct phone call from the OWNER of Real Dry – he was not satisfied with our response time. We endeavor to provide personal service to ALL of our customers, both current and potential, including during the initial interaction and lead-verification process. This includes actual conversations with the owner – and not a mere form letter or pre-typed email response. We’re sorry that Mr. [Member Name Removed] was not satisfied with our response time, but in the interim we will let our exemplary record of customer interactions and positive reviews on Angie’s List speak for themselves. Thank you. Real Dry Management

11/03/2018

David P.

I have nothing but good things to say about Curt Guenther and Real Dry. This was a complicated project that was well-executed for a reasonable fee. I got a few quotes on the project before proceeding and had all kinds of conflicting advice and a lot of concern from the competing contractors on the difficulty and complexity of the work. Bear in mind that our crawlspace has four separate interior areas and while the height is reasonable at 3-4 feet, to get between the areas you need to crawl on hands and knees. Getting around, excavating, clearing debris is difficult. The floor is sand and rock, which is hard to level. None of the other contractors were willing do everything, so I would have had to break the job into multiple tasks, coordinating between multiple contractors, at greater expense. Curt signed on for the entire project. The work was all completed within a week by a large, competent, hard-working crew. They left no mess on the property. The interior of the crawlspace is now clean and, as promised, dry. All the foundation work is solid and professional. No concerns there at all. I installed a remote-sensing hygrometer to keep track of the humidifier. The hygrometer now reads consistently between 50 and 55% humidity, which is perfect for preserving the integrity of the wood structure. I can feel the dryness of the crawl space whenever I go in it. This was one of those big, scary projects that’s been on my to-do list for a long time and it's a tremendous relief to have it done, and done so well. As an added and unexpected benefit, our house doesn’t have mice anymore. They used to get in through the crawl space and now they can’t. I highly recommend Curt and his team for any project involving basements, crawl spaces, or foundations.

Description of Work
Remove all old fiberglass insulation between the floor joists that are the ‘roof’ of the crawl space, remove all other debris, and rake the floor level. Note that a lot of large rocks had to be removed which was difficult and back-breaking work. Repair a crack in one of the foundation walls. Pour a new reinforced footing under a different wall. Seal a square opening in the foundation where a drain pipe passes through the wall below grade. Replace several lally columns and install 2 new lally columns with new footings. Seal all the crawlspace vents Install a vapor barrier over the floor and up the walls to just under the sill. Install a commercial dehumidifier. Frame and build a new crawlspace entry door to be exceptionally strong and watertight.

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, foundation repair

12/31/2017

margaret V.

Excellent. Josh and team were great.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing and refinishing.

10/24/2017

Janice D.

curt was excellent to work with for the project. curt worked both days with his crew to install an inside French drain. It made it easy to ask questions with owner present. Have not had any heavy rains yet to test the system but curt has given us his guarantee that system will work.

Description of Work
needed to solve the problem of water in our basement.

Category basement waterproofing

I enjoyed working for the [Member Name Removed] family. They had other options, but they went with the most experienced company (1981-82) and we appreciate that. I was fortunate to be on this job site the entire time and work directly with the homeowners.

09/05/2017

Jane K.

Kurt called within one day of my reaching out for an estimate. We scheduled an evaluation which took place the next day. The day after the drainage system was put in, we had 2.5" of rain and we had no water in our basement. We were getting water in almost any time we had a moderate rain, The workers were friendly, did a very neat job and totally cleaned the area when the job was complete.

Description of Work
We had water coming in the basement in the area of the bulkhead.

Category basement waterproofing

The Kniefs were easy to work with and understood our passive approach to controlling the water. We are pleased the solution worked and appreciate the feedback from the clients. Curt

08/14/2017

layla C.

Curt gave an estimate which was reasonsble and worked started on schedule and was done in range given. The workers were efficient, cleaned up rubble, dirt and even removed some broken cement from old work in yard. Work was done when promised. The workers worked hard keeping a leasant attitude.

Description of Work
Drying a basement and installing drains, pump and pipes to a bubbler in the yard.

07/30/2017

Anne N.

Curt was responsive and his team was on time and did great work. The basement leaked a little a day after it was installed and Curt sent his team out to add to a section. He got right back to me and addressed it right away. Would recommend. They were clean and efficient and you wouldn't know they dug in my back yard.

Description of Work
Exterior partial French drain (50 feet) with pipes running to a well installed in yard

Category basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe

07/14/2017

Fan L.

It has not been really good. The came for the original request which was a water leak in the basement. I called them, the guy Kurt came and did the evaluations. The first time was great. We agreed on the price. After that, he sent someone out to do that. But during the time, we had some conversations. During our communications, I switched but they did not commit to do that. After the job, there was something flaw, I would say. It took almost a month for him to come and fix that. During that time, I am communicating with him to ask him to come back and redo service because it was not something that I agreed on at the beginning at the time I signed the contract with him. Right now, we were still discussing what time he could come. Also he adjust the price twice. It was such a bummer. The price was not bad but the thing is that they keep changing the price. Right now I can not reach him by phone. Everytime I go through, it goes to message. So I can only use email to communicate with him. He is not really responsive so maybe one or two days, we would respond to me. He keeps saying, I am really busy. I understand that. That may be the reason that he keep adjusting the price. I sent an email saying, could you just give me any reason why you adjust this price. Aso I ask if he can commit. He told me after one to two weeks that he will come do the job but he has said that twice, at least three times. I just really want him to commit to do the job. If he can not give me a reasonable reason why to adjust the price. I would rehire them because they did the job for me the first time. Even though it was not really good. To be honest, the first time when they came, they were really on time. But after that they only came once. I just want them to finish the job that we agreed on. Now I am still on hold for the second service that we have been talking about.

06/28/2017

Carol A.

Curt and his crew arrived as promised, lined the crawlspace, shored up the insulation, and completed the rest of the work over 3 days; they left everything neat and clean. We now have a sealed crawlspace with a crawlspace-specific dehumidifier that turns itself on periodically (it's on a humidistat). Even after rainstorms, the crawlspace stays dry. A job well done, definitely worth the money!

Description of Work
We have a complex, tight crawlspace: two different depths - ca 3', and ca 18", with geometry reflecting the fact that the house was added on to and expanded over the years. This crawlspace was never really dry, since the cooler temperatures under the house led to condensation from the moist air outside. We wanted to not have the house rot out from under us, and I wanted to stop having to deal with the wet crawlspace. RealDry solved our problems: Curt came over and measured the crawlspace, promptly provided a fair quote (considering all of the work involved), and we scheduled the work for the summer.

04/10/2017

Kelley H.

It went well. Working with Curt was great. A little less than a year after the completion, the sum pump stopped working. Curt came out to replace it immediately. Overall, they did great work. My only suggestion and this is not specific to this company but for all contract work is to not pay the last installment until you live with the end product for at least a week.

Description of Work
Our unfinished basement was dugout, french drain redone, and cemented.

Category concrete repair, excavators, basement waterproofing, wells

07/21/2016

Alberta C.

This is a very professional group. The field stone foundation was filled with cement, the floor joists replaced and new lolly columns installed. Then they poured a cement floor on the dirt side of the cellar. The crawl spaces were lined with a vapor barrier. A drain was installed around the interior perimeter of the cellar and a pump placed that drains to the exterior. We are so pleased with our new space. They were able to finish ahead of schedule and the cost was very close to the estimate. I would recommend this company unconditionally.

Description of Work
We needed to have our 200 year old cellar with field stone foundation and dirt floor dried up. The wetness had caused floor joists to rot.

Category concrete repair, excavators, pavers, gravel, drain pipe, mold removal, foundation repair

07/02/2016

William B.

Outstanding! Curt and his crew were professional, timely and very receptive to our ideas and needs. A high quality job done on time and within estimates. They did an excellent job minimizing impact on our extensive plantings. Thank you!

Description of Work
Installation of stone drip edge and downspouts with underground perforated pipe for infiltration and drainage control. This was a challenging site - they had to dig under our concrete walkway and work within a heavily landscaped yard.

Category excavators, pavers, gravel, drain pipe

06/26/2016

Weihua D.

Mr Curt and his crews are very professional, tried their best to make their customer happy, even for such a small project. Thank you very much!

Description of Work
Foundation concrete repair.

Category concrete repair

04/24/2016

Kathleen Q.

Hand dug on exterior of foundation to expose pipe at issue. Applied adhesive base to exterior concrete around pipe; installed membrane around diameter of pipe, applied mastic at all seams, installed drain stone and geotextile fabric to protect stone. Backfilled by hand, tamped smooth, correcting drainage slope. Crew of two men arrived on time, were friendly, courteous, and professional. Always made sure I was aware of where they were in the process, allowing ample time for my inspection of work in its various stages, and assisted with taking photos of completed work for my files. Invoice received after completion of the work was within estimated cost for the repair. This company was a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Initially provided inspection services (through this Angie's List Big Deal) and then provided repair services on exterior basement foundation wall to halt slow leak (during heavy rains) entering basement interior around wastewater discharge pipe.

04/05/2016

Ethan M.

Curt and his team were fantastic. From the moment of first arrival for the estimate to the project itself they were professional, tidy and thorough. Best of all the whole team is really friendly and easy to work with across the board. Will definitely be reccomending to neighbors and friends.

Description of Work
Solved drainage issues in our yard, helping to keep our basement dry

03/12/2016

SCOTT Y.

Curt and his crew did a terrific job on the installation of several basement waterproofing solutions. They arrived when they said they would, explained what they were doing along the way and cleaned up leaving no trace they were there. Importantly, they are incredibly knowledgeable about all basement water issues. They didn't oversell us on a solution we didn't need and were always available when we had questions. They stand by their work.

Description of Work
Installed several foundation waterproofing including repair of cracks as well as downspout drainage collectors

Category basement waterproofing

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. Appreciate the feedback. You had an unusual situation there, but I think our outside diversion drains did the trick. Curt-owner

01/25/2016

Kate H.

Curt was very responsive. We talked by phone and texted and he scheduled a visit based on my convenience. He assessed my basement thoroughly, and listened carefully when I explained my goals, budget, and concerns. He is very knowledgeable and had great advice on how to save money but also reach my goals. A few days, later, his quote arrived by email as promised. His quote was competitive and he was generous with his time when I had follow up questions. Ultimately I chose another vendor but would highly recommend Curt for basement waterproofing because of his service and expertise.

Description of Work
Curt visited my home and did a thorough assessment of my basement waterproofing needs.

01/23/2016

Sharon W.

doubt I will ever have water in the basement after this work. Real Dry was flexible and easy to work with - I had to postpone a couple of times because of delays in other exterior house projects. They showed up, did an excellent job.

Description of Work
Mortar and Joint work on stairs /skim coat outer skin to protect from water filtration. Secured hand railing to stairs/base with wedge anchors Extended two downspouts (buried them too) to ensure drainage away form the foundation. Stone parge and joint work on foundation (bonding agent, new mortar and foundation sealer)

Category basement waterproofing, foundation repair

01/04/2016

Enrique Maria L.

Professional suggestion of the solution to be applied. Work executed on time by a professional and corteous crew. They did a fine job. All the area was left clean. It was not cheap - we have at least another supplier offering a similar solution at a slightly lower price - but we trusted the quality of the work, and the warranty offered by Real Dry, would be worth the extra cost.

Description of Work
Swale construction along the front wall of our house. Installation of a discharge for the swale.

12/10/2015

David M.

Mr. Guenther was very punctual and professional on his assessment of the work needed. He explained all that would be necessary work, what he would suggest to do as well and why. He sent a detailed proposal with a clear price that was very useful as a reference to what work was going to be done. When it came to setting an actual date for the work, this took a bit of waiting time on my end, partly as I am sure that at this time of year there are a lot of calls about basements. However, once a date was set, the workmen were here punctually and finished the whole project in two days. They cleared out some old partition walls from the basement, patched up some holes in the field stone walls, and put in a whole drainage system. Everything was done efficiently and professionally. I had one or two questions after the fact, and Mr. Guenther was very willing to answer in a helpful way. I would recommend Real Dry Waterproofing.

Description of Work
Cleared out basement. Put in drainage system, including pump and waterproofing, with outside drainage. Patched the field stone walls.

Category basement waterproofing, drain pipe

12/09/2015

harish W.

I basically called them for an estimate and to follow up a couple of times. There was a specific area I wanted them to look at. It didn't cost more. What he told me during the visit versus what he sent me in the e-mail were totally different. I didn't appreciate that part. He said the estimate would be a couple of hours and some additional depending on what he finds out. Then, he said, "No. It's going to be flat this much because I have so many charges." He hasn't done a proper inspection. He said he will actually charge more money. It was going to be the hourly rate. So, he did ask for more money for a more comprehensive inspection. He did a visual for the one section. He said apart from the visual he would need to charge more. At that point, he said it would be hourly. I followed up for him to give me an estimate. Then he said it will be a flat rate of $1500.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal from them. It was $49 for a professional foundation and basement water leakage inspection and drainage assessment.

Category foundation repair

Reynolds Construction

Reynolds Construction is residential/commercial general contractor specializing in excavation, sitework, and land clearing. We are a small family owned company utilizing highly skilled field personal. We have a growing fleet of owned equipment to service any need, from large excavators for mass excavation to mini skid steer loaders for backyard landscaping work. Included as part of our land clearing services, we also offer field mowing/brush cutting services.

SealProMax New England Inc

We stop water leak/infiltration in concrete from Basements, foundations, Retaining concrete Walls, Concrete floors, Garages, Condos, Penthouses, Expansion Joints, Suspended Water Tank, Suspended Swimming Pools, Tunnels, Viaducts and more. Hello, At no cost to you, I will fix the water infiltration/leak of one parking spot in your garage. This will provide you the perfect opportunity to see for yourself what our process entails and the technology we utilize. Hi I would like to introduce myself. My name is Rodrigo Trindade from SealProMaxNew England Inc. We are now located in Boston MA as an extension of SealGenius Certified. Our service eliminates infiltration problems permanently by power injecting an elastic Polyvinyl liquid W 7007 Polifoix into cracks and crevices repairing the damages in the waterproofing layer protecting the structure. You can find out more about our service, patented product, and references on our website, www.SealProMax.SealGenius.com/service. I do work together with others Real State agents because we can resolve problems without break anything and low cost. Please check the website and give us a call if you have any questions or demonstration at Boston location, Rod 617-306-4139. Thanks!

Cape Cod Masonry

Walk way ...Drive way...stone works Pool decks ...

190447
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal, Financing

Basement Waterproofing, Foundation Repair, Crack Repair, Mold Removal, Sump Pumps, Backup Systems, Crawl Space Repair, Outside Drainage, Floor & Wall Coatings.