Chimney Savers

Founded 1998 • With Angi since January 2007

10 Central St

Saugus, MA 01906

Our goal is to prevent carbon monoxide intrusion, water damage, chimney fires, improve home heating efficiency and poor indoor air quality by keeping your chimney and vents free and clear of any flow restrictions such as animal debris, deteriorating flues or soot and creosote build-up by thoroughly sweeping, inspecting and if necessary repairing your chimney or vent. ...

06/07/2016

Carol H.

Description of Work
They inserted a 30 ft insulated stainless steel liner down my (circa 1750) chimney and connected it to the wood stove/fireplace they installed. All the personel were very profressional.

04/20/2016

Linda H.

Excellent true professional s All products where top quality Job done very timely Highly recommend this company They also did a top of the line inspection prior to work Which discoverd serious issues These are true professional s MAKE A APPOINTMENT ASAP TRUST NO ONE ELSE

Description of Work
Chimney cap w/ stainless steel cover Installed to heavy duty liners stainless steel Installed 2 Napoleon Oakdale 1402 woodburning inserts Restored Chimney brick back to original state

09/29/2015

Lorie D.

06/11/2015

Paula M.

Description of Work
Repointed two chimneys, built new concrete base around one, cleaned out both, cut out square in one to add a service door. Knew what they were talking about, had great ideas for different solutions. Great crew, everyone who showed up was total professional, patient with questions. Definitely would recommend them!

04/13/2015

David S.

Overall it wasn't a useful service. He didn't do the cleaning and instead of trying to see what could be done to fix it he just stood around saying how bad it is. Have found another company that said they will actually help me out.

Description of Work
Sent out a tech that just stood around telling me how awful my chimney is. Not useful at all. Said he couldn't complete the sweep which I understand but didn't have any valuable feedback to give.

12/17/2014

Virginia S.

Professional, punctual and very knowledgable. Corrected some issues left undone by other companies.

Description of Work
Chimney clean and inspection.

10/29/2014

Thomas F.

10/23/2014

Victoria D.

Description of Work
Installed chimney cap and flue liner. In the process, helped to resolve an unanticipated squirrel issue. The team was extremely professional and a pleasure to work with. We would definitely call on them again.

06/14/2014

THURMAN S.

CS rep cleaned out very long vent line and took pics to show problems with original installation and recommended that roofer replace vent with one that went directly up rather than lateral.

Description of Work
Vent from dryer in rental unit was clogged.

03/26/2014

Gerry P.

It went outstanding. He and his team were informative, reliable, professional and sensitive to historic restoration.

Description of Work
I hired Mark Schaub to restore my 100 year old chimney.

02/22/2014

John M.

They were very straight forward and clear about everything that they said they would do exactly the way they said they would do it.

Description of Work
I used the services of Chimney Savers. It was for chimney sweeping and repair.

03/03/2012

Joseph G.

One man came and did the work over two days. The reason it required two days was because he had to let the net cement dry before he put the cap on. He was very professional.

Description of Work
The cement between the bricks had to be ground out and replaced. I also had a cap put on the chimney.

10/29/2010

Stephen W.

The replacement of the concrete crowns was accomplished on Tuesday. Monday was originally scheduled, but the mason was not able to start until Tuesday due to a previous job. The concrete crowns were inspected, the caps were reinstalled, and the chimneys were waterproofed on Friday. We were satisfied with the work. The mason was friendly and seemed to do a good job. He asked us to call if we have any problems. Time will tell if we have solved the problems.

Description of Work
We wanted to stop the leaks in two chimneys due to the porosity of the bricks. The mason replaced the concrete crown and reinstalled the cap for two chimneys. Waterproofed two chimneys.

05/28/2009

Barbara M.

They came, saw what had to be done, gave us a detailed explanation. They told us it would be a while before they could do the job. They came a few weeks after we had given them the down payment and did a very good job over two days. They were professional and worked fast.

Description of Work
Bricks had fallen out of the shoulders of the chimney. They removed all the loose bricks and mortar, and attached new bricks with mortar. They tuck-pointed all areas on the chimney, from top to bottom, where needed. Repaired the crown.

01/06/2009

Cynthia B.

They were responsive, quick and professional.

Description of Work
They repaired our chimney by installing a new damper.

11/08/2008

KATE S.

The tone of the phone conversation felt a bit condescending to me. He did not seem to take into account what I was trying to tell him. It seems unrealistic to diagnose a problem over the telephone.

Description of Work
I called the company to get an estimate to remove and rebuild my chimney. During a brief phone conversation I tried to explain our problem. Sight unseen I was told my chimney was not pulling away from my house. A week later I recieved an estimate to repoint and repair 80 bricks. Two other companies told me that the chimney was leaning away from the house enough that it was structurally unsound and needed to be rebuilt. A structural engineer later confirmed this.

10/30/2008

shane G.

He was prompt and courteous and did a good job. Afterwards was when the problems arose. I needed a detailed report of the damage inside the chimney and an estimate for repair in a timely manner in order to apply for the 203K FHA streamline mortgage product, which allows for repair costs to be built into the mortgage. The employee who did the inspection went on vacation for a week and a half immediately following my inspection and did not communicate with or give his inspection report notes to anyone at Chimney Savers. I needed this information ASAP. I persisted in contacting the company, but no one there could give me any information until this person returned from vacation. As a result I had to get another contractor to the property to do another estimate. By the time Chimney Savers finally called me with the information, it was too late, I had already obtained another bid and contracted that other company. To add to all this, I went to the property for the walk through the other day October 27th and discovered a detailed report and estimate from Chimney Savers in the mailbox dated Sept. 9th! It was very unprofessional to mail this to a house I did not even own yet. Obviously this is why I did not get the report! The whole experience was very frustrating, and wasted a lot of my time.

Description of Work
An employee came to a property that I am purchasing to clean the chimney and attach flues and do a chimney inspection.

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair

I TRULY WISH THIS CUSTOMER PROVIDED US WITH THE PROPER MAILING INFORMATION, PERHAPS HE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN HIS INFORMATION IN A TIMELY MANNER. IT IS CERTAINLY NOT IN MY COMPANIES BEST INTEREST TO MAIL INFORMATION TO AN ADDRESS WHERE IT WOULD BE DIFFICULT FOR HIM TO RECEIVE IT. AS FAR AS MY EMPLOYEE GOING ON VACATION...WHAT CAN I SAY, THEY DO THAT SOMETIMES... AND I WISH I COULD CONTACT THEM MYSELF. I AM GLAD THAT THE CUSTOMER GOT SOMEONE ELSE TO HELP HIM OUT AND VERY SORRY HE WAS UNHAPPY WITH OUR SERVICE. AUTUMN IS OUR BUSY SEASON AND PERHAPS HE DID GET LOST IN THE SHUFFLE A BIT, BUT TO SAY HE WAS PERSISTENT IN CALLING ME TO FIX THE SITUATION IS IN MY OPINION NOT ACCURATE. I RECEIVED ONE PHONE CALL TO SEND THE INFO- WHICH I DID, TO THE ONLY ADDRESS I HAD FOR HIM. THEN I SEE THIS COMMENT IN MY EMAIL. COULD IT BE THAT BUYING A PROPERTY IS A HECTIC THING AND PERHAPS MY COMPANY DID NOT COMPLETELY DROP THE BALL MAYBE THE CUSTOMER FORGOT SOME THINGS ALSO? I JUST THINK IT IS KINDER TO ADDRESS SOMEONE DIRECTLY WITH A PROBLEM AND TRY TO RESOLVE IT TOGETHER, RATHER THAN ATTEMPT TO HURT THEIR LIVELY HOOD BY SLANDERING THEIR COMPANY ON THE INTERNET. I CAN'T REMEMBER A TIME IN MY 15 YEARS IN THIS PROFESSION WHERE I EVER TOLD SOMEONE "NO I WILL NOT HELP YOU" BUT I CAN'T SAY "YES I WILL HELP YOU" EITHER IF YOU DO NOT ASK ME. I RUN A WELL OILED MACHINE AND WE ARE VERY WELL ORGANIZED, I AM AT A COMPLETE LOSS FOR THOSE COMMENTS BY THE CUSTOMER. I GUESS YOU CAN'T PLEASE EVERYONE, BUT IT WON'T STOP US FROM STILL TRYING.

10/10/2008

CHRISTINA K.

He did a really good job. He was very professional and I would use him again.

Description of Work
Did a cleaning of my chimney.

10/09/2008

Kevin H.

The chimney had not been cleaned in a very long time as it had not been used. We live in an old house, so I do not think it was an easy job. Still the price estimate was $125 and the charge with the 5% off Angie's List coupon was $160. The room was sooty afterward, but that may always happen. The service provider was friendly.

Description of Work
Cleaned our kitchen chimney. Will also provide an estimate for damper.

12/26/2007

SEAN O.

Work was performed as promised, and appears to be well done. Technicians provided a connection to a roofer who later did the flashing very efficiently. Price was exactly as promised, even though work scope expanded slightly from the estimate. They need to work on their communications a little, but they did a good, efficient job and I recommend them.

Description of Work
Chimney rebuild from roofline up, repairs to chimney base in basement, repointing of brick on corner of house. Job was approx $4000.

Category masonry, chimney repair, stucco

01/26/2007

SARAH C.

We had initially contacted Chimney Savers to sweep and inspect our chimney. The tech recommended a rebuild over repointing, and gave very specific details on why rebuilding was better than repointing, which we very much appreciated. We called them with a lot of questions after the quote, and the techs were alway very knowledgeable and helpful. We had to wait about 6 weeks after giving a deposit for the work to begin, but the work was finished within the 4-day window we were given. Over the weekend we experienced high winds and rain, and the techs even came out to re-secure a tarp that had blown off during the night. Our chimney looks great - we're the envy of the neighborhood - and I feel like we got good value for the money.

Description of Work
Chimney rebuild from attic up and removal of old chimney materials.

Capuano Construction

Family owned and operated, Capuano Construction has specialized in masonry work since 1956.

D.S. Masonry

Stone Masonry, Inc.

Trust Elmer Zacarias Stone Masonry, Inc. for Hardscape Installation! We'll transform your own personal great outdoors into something special! If you are interested in a new stone fireplace or you need hardscaping for your yard, start with Elmer Zacarias Stone Masonry, Inc. You can come to us for utilitarian projects such as steps and retaining walls or home improvement projects like new patios. Whether it's a matter of safety, curb appeal or both, you can trust a team with over ten years of experience in the masonry trade. The right outdoor hardscaping in Lynn, MA can really make a difference in your home's curb appeal and your quality of life. Our experienced masons can construct a new patio, steps, outdoor fireplace, fire pit or other hardscaping features you may want around your home. We are also skilled in decorative work that will add style to any new addition. Enjoy high quality craftsmanship in your choice of brick or stone. We also provide tree maintenance for your yard as well.

Masonry. Chimney Construction, Repair & Maintenance. Chimney Sweeping, Building, Repointing, Re-Lining, Waterproofing, Flashing, Caps, Dampers & Animal Removal.