America Hardwood Floor Services

Founded undefined • With Angi since August 2012

For more than 25 years, American Hardwood Floor Services has provided quality wood flooring installations, repairs, finishes, and more in the Duluth, GA area. We are committed to our clientele and offer free same-day estimates, competitive prices, and an unmatched workmanship warranty. Transform

Custom Flooring designsMulti levelCustom pattern around fireplace

hardwood floors (22)flooring (7)handyman (1)

10/27/2018

Randi L.

I am very pleased with the flooring Thai and his staff installed. Service was completed timely, efficiently and done with great quality.

Description of Work
Install hardwood flooring

Work Completed On 10/22/2018

07/25/2018

Chris O.

America Hardwood Floor services was wonderful for refinishing our hardwood floors. We scheduled them well ahead of time and they confirmed they were still on schedule prior to coming. The team of two did 700 sq feet of floors and closet floors in 4 hours, to sand and give first coat of poly. Two days later they put the second coat of poly on. These old floors look absolutely amazing now, and they were super competitively priced. We would go through them again!

Description of Work
Hardwood floor refinishing

Work Completed On 07/25/2018

11/15/2017

Bill K.

Thai was there at 7:30 on a Monday morning just like he said he would be. By Thursday afternoon he was laying down the 1st coat of polyurethane. The work he and his guys did was phenomenal. Thai did the staircase himself. Other contractors I had in all had "stair guys" they hired when needed which drove their price up. The result was better than I could have imagined. I would hire Thai again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
I had hardwood floors installed on the upper level of my raised ranch home, including the staircase down to the lower level

Work Completed On 10/30/2017

Review for America Hardwood Floor Services - 6 Park St, Saugus, MA - 36570802

11/15/2017

Bill K.

I couldn't be happier

Description of Work
I had hardwood floors installed on the upper level of my raised ranch.

Work Completed On 11/10/2017

09/28/2016

Steve R.

I had Thai refinish the hardwood flooring in my house, which consisted of 3 bedrooms, a hallway, living/dining room and a 5 step staircase. Total square footage was about 700 sq ft. Over the phone he quoted me $900, I sent him some pictures of the floor and it remained at $900. I thought we had discussed the stairs as well, but he then later added another $150 for the steps. I was hoping he would just come out and walk it with me but he seemed resistant to it. I feel like it would've cleared up some confusion and made the process a little smoother. The day we scheduled for - his guys showed up on time and immediately got to work. I think they blasted through it in 4 hours (Sanding and first coat). Next day they came back and threw down the second coat which took 30 minutes. The floors look 100x better. They scratched up the paint on the baseboard trim a little bit but I probably should have just taped it off for them... Overall it was definitely money well spent. Looks great, very quick and cheap

Description of Work
Refinish hardwood floors: 3 Bedrooms 1 Living Room 1 Hallway 5 Step staircase Total - About 700 sq ft $1,050

Work Completed On 09/17/2016

08/30/2016

Casey W.

The floors look phenomenal! Really day and night and make the house look so much better and brighter. The job was done in 3 days at a very fair price. Thank you Thai!

Description of Work
We had all of the hardwood floors in our home refinished - 4 bedrooms and the kitchen/dining room.

Work Completed On 08/26/2016

07/26/2016

Joel B.

I called them and they did not even have the courtesy to reply. Called them the next day again and mentioned to him that I had called the previous day and he never returned my call, even though I left a message. He started to argue with me that he was so busy and he could not return calls even for a minute at any time. His customer service is non existent.

Description of Work
Wanted to have tiles laid in bathroom

Work Completed On 07/26/2016

I was so busy working and answering at that time….and I did told you we only do hardwood floor we cannot we’re not doing the tile…. I don’t understand why you live review in here ! Just want have fun in here?

03/11/2016

JOHN S.

Work Completed On 03/07/2016

02/04/2015

Kathleen B.

Description of Work
Floors came out beautiful. Very reasonable price. Did half of house one week and then other side of house the next. It has been 9 months since and they still look great.

Work Completed On 04/28/2014

11/11/2014

Murali P.

They were pretty good. They were great to work with. The only complaint I had was that they were a little messy. But I'd still go with them again.

Description of Work
They refinished the entire floors of the house and stairs.

Work Completed On 09/10/2014

11/07/2014

malissa N.

The whole expierience was frustrating. For a company with such great reviews I expected better customer service.

Description of Work
The provider did absolutely nothing. i messaged him, he requested that I call him. I did call him twice, nothing happened. I messeged him again and gave my home address and phone number then he never replied back.

Work Completed On 10/08/2014

06/30/2014

Susan D.

Description of Work
They were prompt and completed the work on time and there there were no problems. I was completely satisfied.

Work Completed On 06/29/2014

05/24/2014

Kathleen B.

The job was done in two parts since it involved moving furniture from one side of the house to the other. The floors came out amazing. We picked a dark stain since our house is old and with the satin finish they really look great and fit in well with the age of the house. James' price was extremely competitive and the work was done to fit our schedule. He was excellent to work with, responded promptly and was flexible. I would hire him again.

Description of Work
James and crew sanded, stained and refinished 4 rooms, stairs and downstairs/upstairs hallways, approximately 1000 sq. feet.

Work Completed On 04/24/2014

Review for America Hardwood Floor Services - 6 Park St, Saugus, MA - 24754861

05/02/2014

Mike L.

James is very efficient and did a great job with the floors. They look great and he and his crew knew exactly what to do to prep and get the job done as quickly and professionally as possible without compromising on quality. I would have liked to know from him before the job started what to expect in terms of drying time, when it's okay to walk on the floor again, place furniture, etc. But I was proactive about asking these things and he answered all of my questions to my satisfaction. I would work with him again. Also, the price was great!

Description of Work
Refinished floors for 5 rooms and a staircase, approximately 900 square feet

Work Completed On 04/25/2014

03/24/2014

Konstantine T.

They are good. I am satisfied and they are good on price.

Description of Work
I had America Hardwood Floor Services work and wash the floor.

Work Completed On 12/18/2013

02/23/2014

Joann C.

We are very pleased. He was on time and efficient. Will definitely hire him again. The price was far below any estimates we received.

Description of Work
Sanded and varnished hall, stairs, bedroom and living room.

Work Completed On 02/22/2014

02/11/2014

Jeffrey N.

James and his crew showed up early on the two days needed for the job. They were quick and efficient with their work and the end product turned out beautiful. They left the house clean after work and were very professional. Overall, I would recommend them and will be using them for future hardwood floor work.

Description of Work
Sanded and refinished hardwood floors in 3 rooms totaling 550sf.

Work Completed On 02/11/2014

02/06/2014

Adam K.

They were nice and I was happy with the work. They were quick and good. The color was nice. They did not show up the first day, they showed up a couple of days.

Description of Work
That is the company we used and do our 2nd floor floors.

Work Completed On 11/22/2013

09/25/2013

Saydria S.

It went great! They showed up on time. The price was good and they did a good job.

Description of Work
America Hardwood Floor Services did some floor work for us.

Work Completed On 08/20/2013

07/07/2013

Judith B.

Job went as promised. Very satisfied. The owner and two men completed the job. The gentlemen that he had working for him were wonderful. There was only one setback. The owner did come to the job with his laundry and told me that he knew I would not mind if he did his laundry. He had very few boundaries and because of that, I would not use him again.

Description of Work
Sanded and refinished 4 bedrooms and hallway.

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 06/14/2013

06/23/2013

Daniel F.

James is excellent. He is a man of his word. He quoted me at a price and stuck to the quoted figures. Him and his crew completed the work faster than I could have imagined. He completed about 2,000 sq feet of space in 3 days.

Description of Work
New hardwood floors for 1441 sq feet. Refurbished 500sq ft of existing hardwood.

Work Completed On 06/12/2013

06/01/2013

Henry C.

America Hardwood Floor Services was a very professional, fast and efficient company. The job was done perfectly and I couldn't be happier. The floors came out amazing and I was surprised at how quickly they fit me in and finished everything. I will definitely higher them the next time I need a room done.

Description of Work
America Hardwood Floor Services refinished my hardwood floors.

Work Completed On 05/31/2013

04/13/2013

Kathryn R.

James and the crew are very professional, polite and good with communication. The quality of craftsmanship-especially given the challenges of an older home- shows that these guys really know their stuff! Our house has been transformed, and we couldn't be happier. Thanks James!!!

Description of Work
I HIGHLY recommend James and his crew, as they did a fantastic job refinishing and installing hardwood flooring in our 1890 colonial home. Due to the size of the project, it was done over 2 weeks. Our job was a little complicated because we could only do half of our house at a time (we had no other place to put our furniture). We had to wait a few extra days to start the other half of the house to ensure the floors were dry before putting furniture back onto them. Here's what was done: 1) Refinish 2 floors and 1 hallway on the first floor 2.) Install & finish oak hardwood flooring in the 3 bedrooms, closets and the hallway upstairs 3.) Install and finish new risers and treads and small landing on our stairs 4.) Replace the spindles on the stair case (we supplied the spindles) 5.) Make and install 2 thresholds for 2 doors leading to kitchen Now for the corresponding details: 1.) The 1st floor was sanded and polyurthaned beautifully with 2 coats. We did not choose to stain the floors, but the price to stain the floors was very reasonable. The 2 downstairs rooms have a large doorway between them and I'm sure it would have been easier to sand them both at the same time, but because of the volume/weight of furniture we could only 1 of these 2 rooms at a time. We have some heavy/large pieces that would fit through the large doorway between the 2 rooms, but would not fit out the smaller doors.They were very accommodating with this, and because of the size of the project there was no extra charge. 2.) The new floors upstairs are stunning! The wood used has some great grain patterns and color to them. They did a great job transitioning between the hallway and the three bedrooms. There was no need for thresholds because they did a great job making sure everything was level, which was probably challenging given the age of our house and the condition of the subfloor beneath. Before, we had 1960's wall-to wall carpet and thresholds between the bedrooms and the hallway. Now, the floors transition seamlessly and makes the upstairs feel much more cohesive. 3.) The entire house came out gorgeous, but the stair case may be the most dramatic difference. Before, we had a very old staircase that was not level. The small landing was tilted ,and the treads were not very level either. I'm not sure how they made everything so level given the fact the staircase itself was not level, but whatever they did it came out FANTASTIC. I'm no longer worried about people falling on our staircase, and it is now a focal point versus an eye sore when entering the house. 4.) The new spindles on the stairs are evenly spaced, and they even tightened up our old banister & newel post we wanted to keep. 5.) The 2 thresholds blend the hardwood flooring from the dining room and hallway into the linoleum flooring kitchen. The doors frames have lots of molding on them. The thresholds were custom cut so they fit around the different levels of molding, which came out very nice and is MUCH nicer than the metal thresholds we had previously considered. Our 1200sf house is all hardwood floor except for the kitchen and bathroom. I'm sorry I don't have the exact square footage, but I would guess approximately 500 s.f. was installed and 400sf was refinished? James, if I am way off on the s.f. please feel free to comment!