Artistic Landscapes

Founded 2004 • With Angi since January 2010

111 Newburyport Tpke

Rowley, MA 01969

Artistic Landscapes LLC is a landscape design/build firm now accepting projects for June of 2018. We pride ourselves on listening to our clients' needs and addressing those needs by creating a custom landscape design or maintenance plan while adhering to their budget. We design very effective low voltage lighting systems, patios and walkways built with pavers and natural stones, decorative ponds as well as your more typical landscaping needs such as lawns, plants and irrigation systems. Our landscaping plans are as elaborate or basic as you wish. Our staff include MCLP (Massachusetts Certified Landscape Professional) and certified installer of pavers and segmental retaining walls and we are a certified designer and installer of low voltage landscape lights. Tony has owned and run Artistic Landscapes since its inception, in 2004, and he was elated to be recognized as the "Match of the Game" by the New England Patriots Vince Wilfork for his mentoring efforts through the Big Brothers/Big Sisters Program of Massachusetts....

09/07/2017

John R.

It went very well. Scheduling them to come took a bit of effort and then the workers missed a whole section of yard & had to come back. That said, once I informed Tony that they needed to come again, he had them back out right away. All good.

Description of Work
yard cleanup & mulching

07/20/2017

A N.

It went very well. They even touched up a last little bit upon my request. Except for not calling prior to coming out everything was great.

Description of Work
They did work on a brick walkway and steps for us.

Category hardscaping

06/29/2017

Nancy R.

It didn't because they never gave me an estimate.

Description of Work
I wanted some landscaping done. They came to look at the job late and then never sent me an estimate so I would not recommend the to anyone.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

06/13/2017

D K.

As someone who routinely uses the broad themes presented by customer reviews, I am always compelled to help others by offering my thoughts on my experiences. Please do not use this as a stand alone representation. Tony and I wound up having a great conversation over the phone after we played phone tag for a bit. I explained what we were looking for was a plan for how we are going to go from a weed filled barren 1/2 acre lot to something respectable probably in a few stages as I can appreciate the job in its entirety will be thousands of dollars and we only have so much each year in our budget. Since I didn't want to waste anyone's time but did need someone to help us with stage one - getting a plan and vision together we agreed to meet in two weeks with what I thought was a set time and date. Unfortunately that time has come and gone with no one showing up. I did however get to have a nice family breakfast that day so, all was not lost!

Description of Work
Landscaping, new lawn, plan of attack for accomplishing a lot of work likely in stages.

04/18/2017

Jack B.

Great - Jesse and Kevin did a great job very thorough.

Description of Work
Yard Cleanup

Category landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal

01/03/2017

John B.

Despite the weather, it was cold, rainy and snow on the ground, the three people that worked here today kept working. I questioned whether today would be a good day to get all the leaves but I was assured if not today, they would be back for the rest. I would say 95% of the leaves were picked up and the remaining leaves are under snow. I don't know how they did it. All were very pleasant and worked hard. I don't usually leave reviews, but just had to today. We've had this company here for yard cleanup three years in a row now ... Will see you again next year. ... Thank you very much!

Description of Work
fall yard cleanup

Category leaf removal

10/10/2016

Hagop M.

everything went really well, no issues, prompt, hard working, friendly and very intuitive.

Description of Work
Patio, rain water drainage, landscaping

Category landscaping, masonry, mulch, drain pipe, hardscaping

09/14/2016

Christianne R.

Tony was extremely pleasant to work with and I would absolutely recommend his company. His team did a front & back yard cleanup and a tree removal that was particularly tricky. They did the work beautifully and efficiently in the promised time frame. My next door neighbor was so impressed with their work that he asked them for a card! A+

Description of Work
Yard cleanup and tree removal

08/26/2016

Janet F.

They were very nice. They did what I asked. He did an excellent job. He is educated in the field. He answered questions.

Description of Work
They trimmed my garden trees.

07/07/2016

Adam S.

It didn't go.. had Tony, the owner, come out to give me an idea on if he could handle the scope of the project, a general estimate, and any samples he would have for lighting fixtures. He promised me he would get back to me right away, and that the timeline for completing the work did not seem to be an issue. Well after numerous times following up with him, the excuses started, which I can understand, but what started to turn me off what his lack of communication, and needing me to chase him down. I am sure he ended up dealing with larger projects and my project was no longer a priority - but for a guy who seemed "on top of his game" and initially very professional - I lost respect in his ability to move forward. I would not recommend his services for future customers, unless I assume you have some type of major project going on. Very disappointing experience overall.

Description of Work
Outside lighting for my retaining wall

Category outdoor lighting

06/22/2016

David G.

The Artistic Landscapes team arrived promptly that day and begin to remove the existing top soil before adding in the loam, mulch, weed fabric, and plant all of the trees and bushes. The team was very professional and the quality of their work showed in the final installation of the flower bed. We're very pleased with Artistic Landscapes they're extremely detailed in their approach and provide great quality work along with recommendations to help maintain the flower bed. We would definitely work with them again for any future landscaping projects and recommend them to anyone who wants to work with a trusted, professional landscaper that delivers quality work at affordable prices.

Description of Work
We contacted Tony at Artistic Landscapes to install a flower bed on the side of our home and plant all of the trees and bushes we had purchased along with installing the edging, spreading mulch and loam, and adding in the organic soil and root fertilizer to get us started.

Category landscaping, lawn service

04/10/2016

SHERI R.

Great. Tony (the owner of Artistic Landscapes) is a very good listener, he communicates well, very knowledgeable about his profession, very respectful of others, honest, he gives written estimates (extremely useful) and uses contracts. He and Will did a wonderful job of making my yard look like a yard again. And he gave very good advice on how he intended to prune some of my trees (yes, this really matters). I did use an Angie?s List Service Special but I combined that with more work. I definitely will hire Tony in the future.

Description of Work
weeding, mulching, raking, shearing, pruning shrubs/trees, transplanting a shrub, tie-up an arborvitae, redefined some beds, decorative stone

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, tree service

04/09/2016

Sandra G.

I came home yesterday to a fresh and clean yard and I was thrilled. It made me so happy to see the grounds- there had been a LOT of leaves- and now the yard is ready (when weather allows) for me to do my flower annuals. I was happy that Tony did not have a problem with my request that the yard be raked and not machine blown.

Description of Work
Raked the leaves from the front and back yard, including around pool. Moved pile of rotting wood and bundle of vines. Raked and mulched side yard.

Category landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal, mulch

09/11/2015

MICHAEL L.

Needed a full clean up (weeds and other unwanted plants had taken over). Well done.

Description of Work
Trimming of tree and extensive clean up of property.

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service

05/29/2015

Ron K.

We postponed the landscaping project just after he came by, so we called him and explained that we do not need an estimate at this time. He was understanding, and we will contact him again when ready to proceed.

Description of Work
Came by promptly when we asked him for an estimate. Was very well prepared and very professional.

05/19/2015

SUSAN C.

tony and his crew are simply fantastic. they have been caring for our garden beds in andover for the last five years or so. the crew is considerate and hard-working. and tony has a wonderful sense of when to prune, cut, mulch, de-head and the rest. since they took over our garden care, we have received many compliments. tony is also just a nice, nice guy--he returns calls quickly, emails back right away, and can be counted on in case of crisis (we have had a few!). i can't recommend tony and his team highly enough.

Description of Work
ready our garden for spring

Category landscaping, mulch

03/04/2015

Frederick M.

This was and continues to be a great experience as Tony services my irrigation system in the spring and fall. Tony is a great guy, and so are his staff. They are all very friendly. Most important, Tony is great at what he does. The yard came out beautifully. The irrigation system functions very well. Thanks Tony.

Description of Work
Install Irrigation system. Excavate old and dead shrubs, redesigned landscape and plant new shrubs, flowers and a shade tree to front of house. Built underground dry well 6ft from house foundation and connect it to down spout to reduce rain water accumulation by foundation. Removed old retaining wall on one side of house and put in a new one.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, masonry, hardscaping

02/12/2015

lynn N.

It was a pleasure to have Tony and his crew work in our yard. Friendly and professional. Tony takes the time to explain about pruning the roses, the broken fence and future care of plants and trees. We will definitely work with him to enhance our landscape in the future.

Description of Work
Fall Clean up, pruning

Category landscaping, tree service

10/31/2014

Patrick A.

Artisitic Landscapes were a pleasure to work with and I highly recommend their services. Tony Hurley managed the project from start to finish and clearly takes pride in his work. He could have taken advantage of us and our ideas for a design, but provided honest insight into a design that would work best for our backyard. He not just oversaw the project, but worked directly with his crew, ensuring the design and quality of work along the way. We ended up with a 430 sq. ft. patio and it looks great! Drainage was tested just days later when it rained hard for three days straight and it handled it perfectly. Tony also carefully chose the plants for the surrounding landscape with thought towards peak blooming, future growth, proximity to the house, attraction to bees, etc. We're very happy with Artistic Landscapes and would not hesitate to hire them again.

Description of Work
Installed bluestone patio with surrounding landscaping.

Category landscaping, masonry, hardscaping

10/31/2014

Tina B.

All went well and yard is now "sprinklered" properly

Description of Work
He (they) 1) repaired a long-neglected (pipes froze and some ruptured) underground sprinkler system; 2) found the sprinkler heads and their appropriate control "station"; 3) replaced wires that someone (??my dog??) had chewed and put them into a metal protector; and 4) moved a sprinkler head and its pipes to another location. He then returned to blow out the pipes and prepare them for the winter

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

10/28/2014

Spela T.

Artistic Landscapes responded quickly, came by to give us an estimate to with recommendation regarding what needed to be done. They performed the work carefully and conscientiously. They took out all of the weeds and hand pruned the bushes. They removed all debris and materials and now our yard looks great! We are very pleased with the quality fo their work.

Description of Work
Our yard needed a lot of cleanup with weeding/pruning in preparation for winter as well as winterizing the irrigation system. In addition, we had a few loose stones in the landscaping that needed to be fixed.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, tree service

10/20/2014

Marisa S.

From the beginning Tony was very prompt arriving 5 minutes before our original meeting. He listened to what I wanted to accomplish with my project and made many suggestions to help make the project even better than I anticipated. The crew arrived when they said they would and laid down large rubber mats to protect my existing lawn from there heavy equipment. Upon seeing the sitting wall and pillar. We decided it would be a great place for our grill on the new patio so we asked Tony if he could make the pillar higher so that it could be used as a work prep table by the grill. By noon the next day when I came home the pillar was at a new perfect height. Its one thing to listen to a client but to react so quickly is what separates Tony from most of the other contractors I have dealt with. My only regret is that I didn't listen to Tony's suggestion of adding some landscape lighting. He showed us some beautiful lights that I'm sure would have made the area even more beautiful at night, however trying to keep costs down we needed to cut out something. The patio was such a success that after seeing it two of my neighbors have since decided to put paver patios down in there yard. How ever after watching one of those installs I realized how much better built Artistics patio was. Although I didn't see the whole project I noticed major differences in the amount of crushed stone used and how it was packed down. I'm sure my patio will last many years with all the details Tony and his crew put into it. It was a pleasure working with Artistic Landscapes and hope to have them do some future work at my house.

Description of Work
They updated our back yard. Removed asphalt basketball area and a small concrete area for shed foundation. Added a stone paver patio with raised flower bed, large fire pit, small sitting wall with pillar and retaining wall with garden area.

Category landscaping, lighting, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

09/29/2014

Sandra W.

It went very well. The provider, Tony Hurley (owner, Artistic Landscapes) was very pleasant, patient, and professional in ensuring we received the right type of service to our lawn. Once my husband and I made the decision to proceed with a modified version of what we initially wanted to accomplish with our lawn, we were pleased with the outcome. We did not get everything done that we wanted to, however, after modifying our wish list and narrowing our requirements down to just clean up work, Artistic Landscapes was the best choice. Now that we have a better sense of the various types of work that needs to be done on our lawn, we will need to have services performed in phases. Artistic Landscapes helped us come to the conclusion by starting with the first phase, which was a through clean up of the lawn in the front and on side of the house. Mission accomplished and it looks very good. Although we would have liked a complete clean up of the entire yard, it did not occur in the backyard along the wooded area because of cost. Therefore, we will accomplish it later in the second and subsequent phases. Our ultimate goal is to have a redesigned and landscaped yard, including the cleaned up garden beds with perennial and annual flowers and appropriate shrubs, under the deck pavement and along the side of the house install paved walkway, and also identify and install right size trees as property line boundaries. Bottom line, my husband and I are pleased with the services and work performed by Artistic Landscapes. We thank them very much and Angie's List for providing the means for us to find their business. God bless you.

Description of Work
The Provider did an extensive clean up of the front yard and the side of our house. The clean up included pruning the shrubs that were overgrown, weed the garden beds, and removed the wood chips (of trees that had been removed almost one year prior), and spread loam and mulch over those areas.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, tree service

07/03/2014

Nancy C D.

They know what they are doing. They have an arborist on staff. They are slow to respond sometimes but they do show up.

Description of Work
They weeded, pruned and trimmed trees.

06/19/2014

DAVID B.

Set up an appointment to go over new patio at approx 7:30 -8:00 pm. He never showed, nor called. I left function to get home to be there so rather unprofessional.

Category hardscaping

I apologize for missing the appointment. I do not like missing appointments as I attempt to operate my business in a fully professional manner and I apparently did not add our meeting to my calendar (my mistake and my apologies).

Sylvester Electric Inc

As the country depends more and more on computers and other forms of automation to make life easier, dependence on electricity sees an equal increase. So when some part of your home’s electrical system begins to malfunction, you need a team that can correct it efficiently, and you need to be able to trust that the job was done right. The team at Sylvester Electric knows that this trust is extremely important, because of the potential for hazards in the event of poorly done work. However, their team of Dracut electrical specialists have been serving their community for over 30 years, and they are highly skilled in all aspects of electrical work. From home safety inspections and maintenance to outlet repair and breaker replacement, even wiring and installing things like ceiling fans, generators, lighting fixtures, and home theaters, this team is committed to providing the best possible quality in all work they perform. Call today to find out more about how they can help you!

Offers by Sylvester Electric Inc on Angi
    EAC Masonry & Landscaping, Inc

EAC Masonry & Landscaping sees every day as an opportunity to provide the North shore MA area with fantastic service. Our goal is to grow every day to better serve our clients.We have years of experience that make all the difference in our work! You haven't benefited from a real lawn care service until you've tried ours.Our team members work hard to make our customers happy with the final results of our labor. Beautiful walls and walkways are just a call away.

Healy Plastering and Masonry Restoration LLC

We are a fully functional construction company who can fulfill all of your home improvement needs. We can tackle any task from large to small inside or outside your home. With over 10 years of making customers happy, you can have full confident in knowing that we will handle your job with the up most care.

Offers by Healy Plastering and Masonry Restoration LLC on Angi

Patios, Walkways, Natural Stone walls, Landscaping Services, Irrigation & Sprinkler Systems, Landscape Lighting

Lawn mowing