Am Installation Inc

Founded 1965 • With Angi since August 2008

1.7

185 Squire Rd # 6

Revere, MA 02151

AM Installation, Inc., a Better Business Bureau accredited company, continually maintaining an A+ rating performs Home Improvements on over 500 houses yearly, offering 100% financing with no payments until you are completely satisfied with your improvement project. We specialize in Exterior Construction; including; Vinyl Siding, Asphalt and Rubber Roofing, Vinyl Replacement Windows, Metal Trim, Doors, Gutters and Gutter protection system, Decks and Porches, and Blown-in Cellulose Insulation. We also offer a wide array of other Home improvement projects, no job is too small or too big. We have varied products of high quality in several price ranges. Our Company maintains Registration, Licenses, Worker's Comp and Liability Insurance. Our aim is to please you the first time and every time. All estimates are offered free of charge, so simply call to inquire about What AM can do for you....

01/06/2015

Richard O.

I just wanted to share with you a severe warning about a company I recently did business with and should be avoided at all costs. AM Installations (a family owned business Out of Revere, MA) said I was hiring them to repair my roof. Did not tell me that they were going to hire out to a 3rd party; especially when speaking with Anthony many times before the work started that "he" will get everything done, and "they guarantee all work and will fix anything not done to my satisfaction" Anthony (the son apparently) said that the work would be done in 3-4 days, and everything would be perfect (all things were reviewed by Anthony in person with me beforehand), and if they were not that his firm would fix everything to my satisfaction (as stated by their firm on all areas of their website). They finished the work in 2 days, and the crew that was here (whom I met) could not get out of here fast enough. Not to mention completely did not vent the down stairs bathroom ceiling fan, which they came into the home and were shown exactly where it was. The crew said they never could find it and roofed right over it. The work was horrible, there was damage to areas of siding that was fine before the work started, and the overall work done was really poor at best. There are areas of my roof that are worse than they were before the work was done. The workers who were subcontracted to left my house property like a disaster area. Unbelievably trashed with materials strewn all over the place , most of which were nails, screws, and sharply cut metal which was also left all over the front of the house and free for regular pedestrians to be harmed from. I picked them all up as best as I could. I have pictures of everything. Simply awful as NO ATTEMPT to clean up was performed. I took pictures of everything I could see and shared them with Anthony. He said that he would get everything fixed ASAP. That was weeks ago, and every time I reached Anthony asking when they were coming, he said that they would be here this week and things will be fixed. Still no one has come. The poor work has me extremely concerned that the thousands of dollars I paid was basically stolen, and my house is in danger from weather. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER do business with AM Installations out of Revere, MA or you very well may regret it!!

Description of Work
New Insulation & Roofing

Category insulation, roofing, siding

10/22/2014

Laura L.

My Mom's houseMy Mother and I had a written contract with AM Installation to perform 3 major tasks. 1) install a stainless steel chimney liner 2) repoint the chimney 3) replace missing shingles on the roof. The contract said they would pull all needed permits and (job supervisor who is a CSL holder) assured us the job would be done before the end of the week (we signed the contract Wednesday 8/20/14) On Sunday 8/24 a sub-contractor shows up to put in the liner, we find out he has no permit (job supervisor) was called, he shows up on site, promises to get permits and proceeds to collects 2nd check. AM Installation contracted $4,900 for the total job. He now has $3266 of my money. (job supervisor) now tells me "my guy says it should be rebuilt" and that's more expensive. Tried to get me to renegotiate price. I was firm and since I was already paying more that what it would cost to rebuild the chimney and put in a stainless steel liner just to have it repointed and put in the liner he could either reimburse me my money minus what he had paid the sub and I would find another contractor or he could do the job I paid for. (job supervisor) assured me he would obtain all of the correct permits needed by the city for the work specified on the contract; and that the work would be structurally sound and safe. After several calls to (job supervisor) and to the owner ( at AM #) I was promised the permits would be pulled and the job completed. They sent a crew to the house but they had no permits so were sent away. (as the building department told me to do) I sent a letter on 9/9/14 to AM Installation asking them to fulfill the contract and complete the job. I received a call from (owner) 9/12/14 saying he would like to resolve the issue. I called him back, he promised the permits would be pulled and job completed by the end of the week. Still not completed as of 9/25/14. Sent second letter now I want my money back, I have no faith in AM Installation.

Description of Work
Basically the CSL holder hired a sub contractor to put in a stainless steel liner without obtaining the proper permits for any of the work to be done. We brought the contract to our local code office at city hall to identify which items would need a permit. He (CSL holder) never pulled any permits never finished the job after promising to do so and after taking 2/3 of our money.

Category roofing, chimney repair

02/12/2014

Maria S.

I would highly recommend this company. The workers were punctual, professional, and the price was reasonable. They did exactly what was agreed upon. After my work was done, the area was cleaned. My roof is beautiful.

Description of Work
Replaced roof

08/28/2013

Kenya T.

I wish I never met these people. I?m writing this after I joined Angie?s list, or had time to read the reviews on this sorry company. Jack Walker of AM Installations came to my door and offered me a proposal I thought was alright for what I really needed. Lesson learned, never trust people who come to you. He sent out Hillario who also works with King Construction to build the deck. I?m not even sure if these guys are licensed,but Jack Walker told me it does not matter if they are, I am. Being new to all of this, I put my trust in Jack Walker. Currently, the deck is made of poor selections of pressure treated wood, with huge cracks and markings. There are even more cracks because of the nails which are obviously too long for the wood. I called Jack Walker several times to tell them that we don?t like the wood that?s being used and that there are problems on site, but nothing had been done. The builders come by, but for many an hour here or there. They are sloppy and have done more damage to my property. They backed into my iron fence and haven?t replaced it, they torn my window screen, they ruined the grass my back yard and a few mature shrubs by not properly using a dumpster. I moved cars out of my driveway because they told me they would need space for a dumpster; they just used my back yard as the dumpster. This was supposed to be a week long project, it has been three weeks and they still are done. This is unprofessional sloppy work, and so are staff, they have left are cigarette buds and coffee cups scattered still. I've had other contractors come out to see the work that the AM Installations company sent my way because I needed to know what specifically is wrong. Both told me that the deck will fail inspection because railing and steps are not to CODE. And to add insult to injury, they couldn?t have spent more than$1200 on the wood, but are charging me $10500 to do the entire project. I?m not sure what to do, but I do know I would never recommend AM Installations or King Construction to anyone.

Description of Work
I had them rebuild a deck and add vinyl trim around the windows and doors.

01/13/2013

Denise D.

I needed to replace the gutters on my house. I met with the salesman, Rick, from AM Installation. His price seemed high for the work, and he agreed to take a $200 off if I posted a advert sign for them. However, the new price was still high. He then said that while they were doing the gutters of my house, they could put gutters on my small garage. He said that he would have them cut what was need for the garage and he would pay them $50-$100 to install them. I agreed to this deal. Primary Issue: AM put the gutters on my house and when asked about the garage, Rick agreed to come out and talk with me. When he came out he denied his original agreement and estimated $1800 to put gutters on three sides of the garage (the same rate as for the house). Then he said he could lower it to $1200 if I paid cash. Other Issues: There was a piece of roofing installation hanging over the gutter helmet on my front porch. They agreed to fix it, but never did. Although they said the contract said that they would leave the premises "broom clean," they left the yard littered with nails and pieces of asphalt. I showed Rick and he said he would sent someone out to clean up. Even after a second call, no one ever came. I regret ever doing business with this company.

Description of Work
Installed gutters, gutter helmets, and downspouts.

rick abramo is no longer with the company. A.M. Installation has no record that costumer called our business phone number requesting service.Furthermore, all work that is to be performed is written and signed on a legal contract. We stand behind and are very proud of our A+ rating with BBB.

04/02/2011

Mary G.

Made a mess in loft. Did not clean up. Cracked a piece of vinyl siding. Did not replace. House is not warmer as promised. We were overcharged.

Description of Work
Blown-in insulation.

Category insulation

The Salesperson responsible for the overall project management of this job has been dismissed by the company due to poor communication and treatment of customers.

03/06/2011

Patrick S.

This was a complete sales pitch... I never called them for an estimate for siding they "were in the area" and were looking of houses that need siding. Never had a business card, just a yellow sheet of paper (with name&number), stated they were credited to the BBB. Husband and I, look at their website(poor) no replies from previous customers. The bottom line, I will never hire or refer Rick Abramo from AM Installation to ANYONE. not even to an animal. Do not call or open the door to this company.

Description of Work
Siding

Category siding

Rick Abramo has been terminated. Unfortunately he is still out lying, cheating and stealing. AM Installation remains a BBB A+ rated and accredited company. Richard Abramo, Jr. is not associated with AM Installation, Inc.

03/04/2011

William M P.

It stunk like a ROTTEN deal!

Description of Work
Just put up with a SLICK, HIGH PRESSURE sales pitch! The whole isuue smelled bad! The salesman WOULD NOT give me ANY price Quote till I agreed to use his company! I would NOT sign on the day we met 3/3/2011 so he said they'ld send an "Estimate" within 30 days! I can't wait.(sic) If they contact you by phone HANG UP! If they come to your house SLAM THE DOOR.

Not sure who the salesperson they dealt with is. But If we didn't give you a price, then how did we do you wrong. Prices are given to customers we decide to work with. It is a common misconception that every customer is right. Some are wrong and we choose not to seek your business. This is not rotten, just a business decision. I apologize for the inconvenience to you. But imagine all the customer we see in a day/week/month/year who never give us an answer either.

08/11/2008

William P.

We received a cold call from this company about gutters, roofing and siding. The house needed new siding so we let them come over and we talked to Rick about the siding. We agreed to a price of around $170 a month for the siding over 120 months. I stated that "as long as it stayed below $200, we were ok". Rick agreed. We also agreed that there were to be no payments until after November. That was Thursday. On Saturday, the workers showed up. I was happy that they were not going to take months to finish. Sure enough, they were done within a week. However, upon inspection, we noticed a few items. There was a "bulge" in the front of the house from where the light was. They did not reinstall the exterior lights and doorbell and the corners around the windows and doors had gaps. Then Bill came over to complete the paper work. They told use that it would be $250 to $280 a month for the work. I could not believe it. I am use to about 10% when working with contractors, but this was 60% more than what was originally stated to us. We told Bill we would not sign and demanded to see Rick who we had originally dealt with. Rick came on Sunday and we want offers from other banks. Rick had items from other banks that were around $200. However, we had to start making payments immediately. That was also not what we agreed to. Rick brought up the idea of just signing the first one and then getting the second loan to pay the first one after November. I asked Rick if the first loan accrued interest. He stated that it did not. Once we read the papers, we found that it did. Upon stating this to Rick, we stated that they would give us $1,000 once their payment came in. We had him write that up and sign it. Then we signed the paper work. Now it has been a month and no one has worked on the house. I called their office on 8/11 at 2 pm. I was told that "Bill would call me back". I gave them my phone number at work. They have not called me back yet. When I called back at 4 pm, there is no answer and no voice mail. We are not only writing this report, but also reporting them to the BBB and filing a small claim lawsuit for the $1000 that is owed to us. We will see what a judge says. I will update as this process goes along.

Description of Work
Siding the entire house.

Category siding

As has been previously stated. Richard Abramo, Jr. no longer works with, is associated with, receives money from or visits AM Installation, Inc. AM Installation, Inc. has made strides to fix the problems created by Abramo and continually learn to grow and do better work. It is our current philosophy that most contractors receive and unfair percentage of trust, and are making strides to place more trust balance in our relationships with our customers. Please give us a chance and see why we currently maintain and continually have maintained and A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.

Mauricio's Construction

We're a locally owned and operated company that values honesty and integrity and treats your home or business as if it were our own. We are experts in all aspects of roofing projects and our services are customizable to each individual project. We specialize in both installations and replacements. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work as well as our commitment to outstanding results. We look forward to building lasting relationships and guarantee your satisfaction!

O & R Painting Services

O & R Painting is a premier home improvement company specializing in interior and exterior residential projects. We proudly serve the Boston metropolitan area and with over 10 years of experience in our trade, we provide the highest of quality on all of our projects. Our services include: Interior & Exterior Painting, Deck Maintenance & Repair, Deck Staining & Painting, Pressure Washing, Gutter Cleaning & Painting and much more. We now also offer Housecleaning services - Deep Housecleaning, Basic Housecleaning, Post-Construction Cleaning, Move-In/Move-Out Cleaning and more. Call us today to schedule an appointment! For Housecleaning please contact Tatiane at (781) 866-0025 or desouzatatiane9@gmail.com.

Offers by O & R Painting Services on Angi
    North Shore Painting

When you need the best painting the area has to offer, turn to us and our 25+ years of experience, as well as our high retention rate with many satisfied customers. Whether you want to build your dream home or you need home improvements, we've got you covered!

Offers by North Shore Painting on Angi

Vinyl siding, asphalt and rubber roofing, vinyl replacement windows, metal trim, doors, gutters and gutter protection system, decks and porches, blown-in cellulose insulation, wood replacement windows, kitchens remodel, bathroom remodel, room refinishing, bay windows, bow windows, sliding glass patio doors, egress doors and windows, french doors & interior door replacements.