B&R Fournier Construction Inc

Founded 1985 • With Angi since June 2006

496 Winthrop St 155 Trenton St. Pawtucket, R.I. 02860

Rehoboth, MA 02769

Family owned and operated. Additional email: ray@bandrfournier.com, brfournierconst@live.com....

09/20/2017

Amy G.

Great. No leaks.

Description of Work
Rubber roof for sunroom.

08/03/2016

Cecile L.

Excellent, prompt, good pricing, excellent repair...could not tell anything happened to the shed.

Description of Work
Repair of roof on 12 x 20' shed hit by fallen tree and new roof on this shed and another 12 x 10' shed.

Category remodeling, roofing

06/09/2016

Virginia C.

Description of Work
Very prompt and well priced job. Workers were polite and clean-up comprehensive. I would not hesitate to hire them again!

01/15/2016

Church of the A.

Description of Work
Fournier replaced the roof on the older half of the building. Also installed edge vents. There were some weather delays, other than that, the job went well with no surprises.

01/04/2015

Steven M.

Two crews came out, one to each address. The work was done in a day, neatly and expertly. They cleaned up thoroughly and left no evidence that they had been there, except for new roofing. The vented roofing is superior to what was there before. They also replaced a missing fascia board from the old house. No more pigeons in the attic! I probably will not need them again but I continue to recommend them to others.

Description of Work
I had two houses that needed new shingles. The 1920 house had (at least) three layers. The 1980 house never had any tarpaper underlayment, as identified by Mr. Fournier when he repaired damage from Hurricane Sandy.

07/14/2014

Gisela B.

Very well. The Fournier Company has skilled employees.

Description of Work
Built 4x6 deck, stairs and railing.

Category remodeling, roofing

06/15/2014

NANCY H.

Our roof is high and complicated with lots of hips and valleys. It has several dormers- both gable and shed style) and several bays that stick out from the main house. We chose Fournier because of their experience in general and with asbestos roof removal in particular and because of their competitive price (we had bids up to 3 times what it ended up costing). They didn't use any high pressure sales techniques- just looked and submitted a written bid. Fournier's crew was all suited up with white coveralls and respirators to remove the old roof which they disposed of in a heavily lined dumpster as required by RI law. They draped our deck and porch and tried to protect our foundation plantings although one bush didn't survive the experience, and they cleaned up fairly well at the end of each day. The job took about 5 days total. I did have some problems with communication that were fixed (I used an old email that I found on a website that was Ray didn't check much).

Description of Work
Removed & disposed of old asbestos shingle roof and installed new roof (lifetime shingle warranty) on our 100+ year old shingle style Victorian house reflashing around the chimneys & vent pipes, adding ice & water barriers along edges & valleys, etc. Added ridge vents to the main roof & dormers. By our request they kept or replaced as necessary, our old copper gutters and flashing to maintain the look of the house as much as possible.

02/13/2014

Laura W.

They were good. I used them a year and a half ago and I spent about $10000. They were well-organized, showed up on time and they cleaned up after themselves. I would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
I used B&R Fournier Construction Inc to install a new roof and chimney for me.

Category masonry, roofing, chimney repair

09/03/2013

Michael P.

We got three bids and Fournier was priced in the middle. They came highly recommended so we went with them. From the office to the workforce they were very professional and well coordinated. The job started on time and finished on time. The workers were very polite and cleaned up the property every day before leaving. They were very careful moving the furniture and grill off the decks to keep them out of harms way. The job went perfectly and it was a pleasure to see the crew tackle a difficult job with ease. The home is quite large with seven gables and a lot of levels. I usually do not rate a price as A but I did on this review. They did such a great job I do not think I could have got the same quality of work for less money. My new roof with GAF HD shingles looks like a work of art. All this with no aggravation at all. I wish everything could be this easy. Mr. and Mrs. Michael P

Description of Work
Removed all roofing shingles and replaced plywood on the north side of the house & installed new GAF HD roof shingles on entire home.

08/26/2013

Kyle F.

The end product turned out great, and months later I still have no complaints. Band R redid my entire roof to my satisfaction. I was able to get on the schedule a few weeks after signing the contract. Ray was very professional and offered me a wide range of options. He was reasonable priced for the materials and service that he provided.

Description of Work
B&R Fourier performed the following services -greater than Completely stripped the shingles off my roof and replaced them with 30 year CertainTeed Landmark architectural roof shingles -greater than Removing a roof hatch and replaced it with a piece of plywood -greater than Replaced the flashing (chimney, boot, and the stack pipes) -greater than Installed aluminum drip edges / ice & water barrier -greater than Connected the bathroom vent to properly vent outside (It was just venting into the attic before) -greater than Replaced the rakeboards with a composite trim board -greater than Installed a ridge vent -greater than Installed soffit vents with baffles -greater than Installed blow-in fiber glass insulation

Category insulation, roofing

08/05/2013

Shannon G.

The job ended up being a little bit bigger than initially expected by the workers, but Ray (the owner) kept to our agreed price. They had to strip off old nails and roofing, re-plywood the entire roof and then reshingle! A 1 day job turned into almost 3 days (plus we had some rain, so that prolonged the project as well). But everything went smoothly, and our new roof looks great. The workers cleaned up the driveway and yard at the end of each day and were very professional.

Description of Work
New roof on our entire home, including plywooding the entire roof as well.

06/02/2013

Amanda M.

Was puntual and completed the work on time. After inspection, we saw nails through the facia in the back of our house. Ray came the next day after we called and fixed the problem. The workers were not every neat: our porch lamps were broken off, glass in one broken and 4 landscaping lights broken from the shingles hitting them on the way down I assume. Tools and nails were left all over our driveway and yard. Our puppy came in the house carrying a nail. They came and cleaned the driveway after we called. After the roofs were installed, we had 2 leaks in our office where the rubber roof was replaced. We had to keep a bucket in the room everytime it rained. It took weeks for them to come back and repair. Note: We had no leaks before having the roof put on. After another rain, ceiling leaked again in the office. We called and called. We were never contacted but assumed they came back since we saw nails throughout the yard and puppy found a few more. Left the ceiling as is to make sure there were no more leaks. We called numerous times about repairing the ceiling inside the house and never received a call back. Roof leaked again 4 months later. We had my father fix the problem and replace the ceiling although we should have kept pressing the issue since this came out of our pocket. It wasn't worth the headache and time. There is also a visible darker shade or shingles in one area on the roof so it looks like a constant wet spot.

Description of Work
Replaced roof on cape cod house and garage. Replaced rubber roofing on flat area.

05/27/2013

Randy H.

This was a small job, the roof was around 12'x16' and Ray Fournier was the third company I spoke with, but the only one interested in doing the work. Quick initial response, quick estimate, quick to take a deposit. That was in November, 2012. Job was supposed to be started in two weeks. Then another two weeks. Then two jobs ahead of mine. Then we're busy doing roofing for Hurricane Sandy repairs. Then it was too cold. Come spring, Same thing. Couple more weeks. Finally, got them to come out and do the work. Took them less then one day to do it. Of course, they were very quick to want their payment. Came by and picked it up in person the next day. Quality of the work seems good. They didn't leave anything that needed to be cleaned up. If they had managed to do the one day job in November as promised I'd have been a very happy customer. But 6 months is too long. If you use them, stay on top of them and don't expect them to call you with any updates.

Description of Work
Replaced a rubber membrane roof over a side edition that was leaking

11/07/2012

Steven M.

They came out, took photos, and repaired the damage before the next storm hit. I did have to call them back to ask the status of their estimate. Once I did that and confirmed that I wanted the work done, they had a crew out the next day. In addition, Ray called back to advise me that the original roof was poorly done with no roofing paper underlayment and with the shingles attached by staples instead of roofing nails. I did not know this because I bought the house long after the original construction. I appreciated the advice and will strongly consider using them to replace that roof.

Description of Work
"Sandy" took an area of shingles off my roof. There was a leak into my tenant's apartment. They replaced the missing shingles.

08/02/2012

Cary T.

I was very pleased with the company. They were well-priced, professional, and thorough. They worked quickly, completing the roof in just 1 1/2 days, and left the place cleaner than it had been before they started. They even left the dumpster an extra day so I could add some yard debris from another project. Though Ray, the owner, can be hard to reach, once I spoke to him he was responsive and helpful. I would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Stripped and replaced roof, installed ridge vents, installed one skylight, rehung gutters.

Category gutter repair, roofing, skylights

06/20/2012

Alan L.

Work began on a Friday. Con't Sat and was completed on a Monday.

Description of Work
Roof stripped and new roofing applied on 3F house. 2 skylights put in. 1 solar light put in. All debris removed.

Category remodeling, roofing, skylights

11/30/2011

Karen K.

They may have been on Angie's List, but we got them from somebody else. I don't know what I can say about the quality because the work just happened so I have no way of knowing if it is good. I need 10 years before I know, but so far so good. They did a good job. I only had a problem with the office staff initially. I am not sure about the quality. I think I would use the company again.

Description of Work
B&R Fournier Construction repaired our garage roof about a month ago. We had hurricane damage to the roof.

07/02/2011

Joseph D.

Hired company to address a leak into a bedroom ceiling under a small flat roof. Initially company seemed responsible - examined the area, assessed the problem as a poorly installed rubber roof on the flat roof and described the errors of the previous roofer. After some delay, company installed a new rubber roof but leaks into bedroom ceiling returned with next heavy rain. I was then and ldquo;stood upand rdquo; for several appointments made with the company to go over the work. When I called their office to ask what happened I got excuses like and ldquo;stuck in trafficand rdquo;. (Their time is apparently more valuable than their clients.) After a lot of frustration, I gave up on the company, found s retired roofer who promptly fixed the problem for a fraction of the price.

Description of Work
Repair leaks in a ceiling apparently caused by a poorly installed flat roof.

08/11/2010

Jason A.

I had really high hopes for this company. When I called to request an estimate, the phone rep was super courteous and thorough and boasted about all the great work they do, how long they've been in business for, etc. I was told that the owner would be the one coming to do the estimate, as the job would be comprehensive and he knew better about our options than anyone else. Strangely, the owner didn't come, but rather, some other guy who didn't know/understand our needs and couldn't even "talk the talk." My husband kept asking questions and the guy literally couldn't answer any of them. He simply took some measurements and promised us that the owner would give us the estimate within 24 hrs. That was over one week ago and we haven't heard a thing from them. Totally blew us off.

Description of Work
Wanting an estimate to repair our porch floor

09/17/2009

Adam R.

They were quick to work but did the job in a sloppy manner, leaving several outstanding issues unresolved. Since then they're only somewhat responsive and frequently miss appointments.

Description of Work
Work was completed quickly but sloppy and somewhat non-responsive to resolving outstanding issues and incomplete work.

only work not completed during job was items involving areas on returns that squirrels damaged that was not included in our contract, home owner later hired critter control to remove squirrels then contracted us to block up holes once critter control gave ok to do so, home owner was to let us know when critter control was complete, on two occasions he scheduled us to come in then rescheduled because critter control advised him to wait, he finally contacted us on Thursday 9-17 to come in on Friday 9-18 , because it was such short notice we were not able to get there until 9-19, I have all correspondence with home owner saved on email to confirm all above , I don't know how any company can remove three layers of roofing shingles from a building with out having a mess on the ground while work is being completed, but each day when we finished all debris was cleaned up and grounds left as they were before we started.And at completion you could not even tell that we had been there. Also my contract clearly read payment in full on the day work is completed, however at the end of the project I was told that they did not have all the funds , I was very understanding and agreed to wait for them to get the funds together which took just about one week from the day we completed the job. Sincerely ray fournier president

08/30/2009

Michael A.

They were able to schedule the new roof very quickly and completed the whole job in just one day. Our roof isn't a huge roof, but other similar size roofs in our neighborhood have been 2+ days with other companies. They even came out and caulked around a window that was the source of a leak that I thought might be from the new roof. My one complaint was that there were a fair number of roofing nails close to the house where their tarp didn't catch the old roof as they threw it down.

Description of Work
Remove old shingles (two layers already), replace with new architectural shingles.

06/02/2006

BILL H.

THEY DO EXCELLENT WORK. I THOUGHT THAT THEY WERE A LITTLE MORE EXPENSIVE THAN OTHER PLACES, BUT IT WAS DEFINITELY WORTH IT. I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THEM AMD THE RESULTS.

Description of Work
THEY CAME AND ROOFED OUR HOUSE.

06/02/2006

I WAS VERY PLEASED WITH THE WORK THIS CREW DID. THEY WERE PROMPT IN GETTING TO THE JOB, STAYED RIGHT WITH IT, AND HAD THE WHOLE PROJECT DONE IN NO TIME AT ALL. THEY WERE VERY GOOD ABOUT THE CLEANING UP OF ALL THE NAILS AND DEBRIS.

Description of Work
THEY TORE OFF THE OLD SHINGLES ON THE ROOF AND PUT ON NEW SHINGLES.

06/01/2006

THEY DO EXCELLENT WORK. THEY SHOWED UP WHEN THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO. I DIDN'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH THEM. I THOUGHT THAT THEY WERE VERY PROFESSIONAL. THEY ALSO ARE VERY CONSCIENTIOUS ABOUT CLEANING UP.

Description of Work
THEY PUT A NEW ROOF ON OUR HOUSE.

06/01/2006

I WAS IMPRESSED WITH THE WORKMANSHIP AND THEIR PROFESSIONALISM. I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THEM. THEY DID QUALITY WORK. THERE WERE SOME QUALMS THAT WERE TAKEN CARE OF WITH NO ARGUMENTS. I HAVE NOTHING BAD TO SAY.

Description of Work
THEY ROOFED AND SIDED MY HOUSE.

Category roofing, siding