Atlantic Chimney Inc

Founded 1990 • With Angi since October 2005

75 N Main St #109

RANDOLPH, MA 02368

Bill and Bob have one goal..."to make certain that each of our customers' chimneys properly vents the products of combustion from appliances inside the home to the outside atmosphere". Owner operated Co. Fax (781) 986-6006. 781-986-4888 office. Additional contact name - Bill O'Heir and Bob Martin

11/23/2021

Christine G.

CUSTOMERS BEWARE! I never write reviews but have heard of others with similar experiences recently and want to warn potential new customers. Atlantic Chimney was set to do a fair amount of work on our chimney this fall. We had Atlantic Chimney out in the summer to provide a quote, after receiving a quote from another local chimney company. Our goal was to ensure that the defined scope of work was the same amongst both vendors. We should have known when they failed to show for the first appointment that we should have gone elsewhere, but they had great reviews and came highly recommended on a neighborhood Facebook page. Bill (owner) came and did a very comprehensive inspection and provided a fair quote. His experience and the company's high ratings made us choose them, and we booked for the earliest date available in the fall. After providing a hefty (but not uncustomary) deposit and following up with them the week before the start date, they no-showed for our scheduled installation date. Surprising as materials had already been dropped at our home in the week leading up to the installation. It took several calls throughout the morning and early afternoon to the office staff to find out that they planned to begin at 3PM- another red flag since it was a Friday afternoon. The team finally showed up. A very nice gentleman informed us that Bill had just called him and said they had to cancel the job. Another red flag- sending a foreman to cancel the job versus contacting us directly. After about 30 minutes of the team huddled out front of our house, Bill showed up, explained that he was too busy and overbooked, cancelled the job and gave us a check back for our deposit. Not having to fight with him for the deposit back was certainly a relief; however, leaving us in the lurch was an unwelcomed surprise. He proceed to cajole us with tales of working 7 days a week, wanting to retire, the office staff overbooking the team, COVID causing employee issues and more. Exactly what one wants to hear when a contractor is bailing on a job! In the end, we waited about 5 months for Atlantic Chimney to do the work, regularly followed up and day of they cancelled. They emailed a week later with an invoice which took several phone calls to the company to resolve and have proceeded to continue to call and harass us for random and factious reasons despite blocking numbers. If you value reliability and a completed job, run far from this company!

Description of Work
Several chimney repairs and chimney liner

11/03/2021

Dinos G.

I hired Atlantic chimney to install a new chimney pipe, involving cutting a hole thru the roof. They installed it as scheduled. But, the 1st time there was a heavy rain, water leaked thru and got into a puddle on my wood stove, causing it to rust. They came back to look, said the pipe was leaking from the inside, although the flashing with the roof was OK. The inner pipe was scratched too, it looked as if a defective pipe might have been installed as well as there not being a proper seal on the inside. They came a second time and put a plastic bag over the chimney to keep more water from getting in and refunded the money I'd paid, then refused to do any more work to fix the problem. Coincidentally, my carpenter saw one of the techs at starbucks who told him "Bill is being an a_____ about this project and wants to walk away from it." Hopefully the refund would cover getting this chimney fixed by someone who knows what they're doing even though the rust on the stove is something we'll have to live with. In the meantime, dealing with their mess is a significant pain. Would you hire someone who did this??

Description of Work
building new chimney pipe

12/18/2018

Joe B.

The workers showed up on time, were conscientious about not getting our house dirty, and finished within an hour. We have used Atlantic Chimney in the past and will do so in the future. They are very good.

Description of Work
Cleaned our chimney

10/23/2018

Elizabeth T.

My heat kept shutting off. Replace the safety value but it shut down again. Realized it must be a block in the Chimney. I called MANY chimney companies but most were to busy to come out for a month or two. I found one that would come on Friday but when I called Atlantic they said they would be out that night. They called back when they said they would, arrived on time, were very professional and explained what they were going to do. Even one of the owners stopped by. Turns out the chimney was blocked and they had it cleaned out in less than an hour. Even though it was dark out, Dan climbed on the roof to give me an estimate for a liner and cap. I will definately be hiring them to install the liner.

Description of Work
Chimney Cleaned

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair

08/20/2018

Elizabeth R.

2day job. Rebuilt Chimney#1 fr 2' to 3' to code. Installed 3 flu extensions & a locktop damper & a smokeguard & swept both fireplace smoke chambers & shelves. 2nd Chimney-oil replaced liner to boiler, new cement crown and cap. Applied water repellant to both chimneys. Work crew showed up on time, was very professional and kept me informed of their progress. Layed down drop cloths fr doorway to chimney. Cleaned up & removed all debris. Answered all my questions & gave us a 5% discount for both jobs and used 2 coupons fr website. Make sure to ask about warranty of their work & parts and to state on invoices, etc.

Description of Work
Chimney brick repair, flu extensions, new cap, smoke guard, lockup damper, chimney sweep for 1st chimney. 2nd Chimney-oil replaced liner to boiler, cement crown & new cap.

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

05/15/2018

Mary J.

I called them to fix my chimney that was causing water to come in to my basement. They came the same day and use a video to examine my chimney then sent me the photos via email. They explain what the problem was in detail and came back in a few weeks to repair the chimney.

Description of Work
chimney repair

03/08/2018

Kenny K.

Atlantic Chimney, Inc. is a class act, extremely professional business. For starters, Bill came over to give me a free estimate - he looked carefully, explained things clearly and was no pressure. A few days later he gave me a price, with everything clearly stated in writing, including pictures and details of the work they would be doing and materials they would be using. For starters, the price was significantly less than other companies I had contacted. But beyond price, this was to do the work correctly and safely, and not cutting corners. I had other companies that didn't want to use an insulated liner, didn't want to deal with a permit, didn't want to put in a block off plate, took forever to respond and required me calling multiple times to get any word, etc. (and these companies charged more!). I asked Bill about pulling a permit and he told me Atlantic could pull it and gave me a price for that (which was reasonable and again cheaper than other companies), or I could go to the permit office with permission and paperwork from Atlantic to pull the permit on Atlantic's behalf, thus saving a little money by me going into the permit devision, but the permit would still in Atlantic Chimney's name. This is significant, as I had other companies either not want to deal with a permit at all or tell me to pull it in my name, which at the permit division in Boston they advised me against, explaining that if the permit was in my name and anything went wrong I would have no recourse. With Atlantic, they were in complete support of pulling a permit because they do the work the right way and up to code (now why would those other companies be nervous about pulling a permit?). I agreed to move forward with the work, and Atlantic quickly sent me all the signed documents I needed in order to pull the permit. The women in Atlantic's office who helped with the permit, with scheduling, and answered about a million questions I had, were all extremely helpful and quick to respond to me (again, a class act!). On the day of the install, the team showed up with four guys. They were on time, and even called the day before to confirm. The first thing they did was roll out a big cloth runner from my front door all the way to my fireplace, so they would never even step on my floor nor make any mess. They covered the fireplace with a big tarp and got to work. They first swept the chimney, then installed the liner, then attached my wood stove. They guys were super friendly, and didn't mind me watching and asking questions. When they came up against a challenge in the install they explained it to me and explained my options, they worked hard to resolve the issue and they did. They cleaned everything carefully and went on their way after the six or so hour job. Once again, class act! I can't recommend Atlantic Chimney highly enough - professional, prompt, excellent work, great price, nice people!

Description of Work
Installation of 30 Foot insulated stainless steel chimney liner inside masonry chimney and installation of wood stove

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

12/12/2017

Joseph R.

I scheduled an appointment for service and was informed that the service call would be around 12pm the next day. I took the day off from work and waited for the individual to come the next day. I waited for approximately 1 1/2 hours. I called the main number and was informed that the person arrived to my home and waited in my driveway for 1/2 hour and left. I asked if he rang the doorbell and they stated "he probably did". I then was informed that the individual wouldn't call my cell phone but instead would just wait outside of the house. The individuals that handled the call didn't care about my situation and didn't try to resolve it. It appeared that it was my fault and the call ended. I wouldn't use this service if it was free. I value customer service and if things are shaky before you enter my home, then that tells me we shouldn't enter into business.

Description of Work
Clean Chimney

12/27/2016

Jeremy N.

It went very well, they were prompt, courteous, knowledgeable, and professional. The only complaint (if you can call it that) is that they said they would send an estimate of suggested services and never have. Otherwise, it was a great experience.

Description of Work
Chimney inspection

07/12/2016

Susan L.

It went very well. They were very responsive. Bob came to my home the same day I called to see what was involved in the installation. They came back a few days later to install the liner.

Description of Work
I needed a chimney liner installed.

08/08/2015

Scott G.

My chimney was leaking and ruining my wall and carpet so it was time to do something. Called them and they came out within a few days for a free estimate. Bob was great. He took his time and explained things to me as we went. A few days later I had an estimate via email that was less than the others I had gotten. The main reason I went with them was because of Bob. Now for the tough part. We scheduled the install and on that morning the forecast said rain. Bob showed up at 7am and explained that because of that and the fact that there was no way to cover the opening in the roof if it started to downpour we would need to reschedule. I agreed, made sense. Guess what - the weathermen were wrong. Not a drop. Not Bob's fault, of course. Reschedule day two - again rain in the forecast. I took the day off and expected a call if things were not going to happen. 9am and still no call and no one at my home. Called Bob on his cell. He said the girls in the office were supposed to have called and rescheduled the night before. No one called. He had them call me an hour later and wanted to do it the following Saturday. I couldn't due to a party at my home, so we scheduled for the next Friday the 19th for a start date and they would finish on Saturday. Friday - no one shows up. I call Bob and again the office was supposed to call. They will be there Saturday at 7am. Saturday 7am they show up!!!! They are very professional and did a great job. My chimney had 2 flues, one for a fireplace and one for an old radiant heat system. The heat is no longer used so Bob decided to put on a larger cap at no extra cost. Great company, but they need to work on the office communication

Description of Work
Demo and rebuild existing chimney from the roofline up back to code height/we should extend this chimney another 2’ so the fireplace drafts better Remove and replace all the 12”x 12” fireplace flue tiles with new, old ones are deteriorated All debris will be removed from site Minor roof staging will be required Install a 12”x 12” stainless steel tile mounted cap

Category chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

11/04/2014

Christina O.

They came out and quickly repaired the chimney and placed the cap on. Very timely and professional. A year later my husband and I have the chimney inspected to add a wood-burning added to the first floor. The gentleman pointed two serious problems with the chimney. Firstly, there were bricks missing from the inside which made the 3 flues connected, secondly the type of cap that was put on the chimney was incorrect for having a pellet stove. He was shocked when we told him we had a company come out before we bought the house and inspect & fix the chimney.

Description of Work
We bought a triple flue chimney with a pellet stove in the basement. Contacted Atlantic Chimney to inspect the chimney and to fix any issues. They repaired the mortar on the shelf and put a cap on the top.

08/12/2014

Mary L.

work required services. of a mason

Description of Work
free estimate given

06/24/2014

Caroline A.

They were great , professional, friendly did a great job . Would recommend and hire again

Description of Work
Linear, Masonry repair and Chimney cap installation

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

04/04/2014

MARY V.

I would never ever even consider them again. They made several appointments to come out and do a quote, but they never showed up. First time, they had another emergency to take care of, the second time, the weather was bad and the third time they said we're going to be three hours and I said, if you're three minutes late, don't even pull into the driveway.

Description of Work
I contacted Atlantic Chimney Inc for chimney repair.

02/17/2014

Lila A.

Very professional and courteous.

Description of Work
Installed stainless chimney liner and repaired chimney

02/17/2014

jamie B.

It went great, the gentleman came to clean out the chimney was very nice, put down paper and drop clothes so to not track any dirt and debris in and around the house. The owner has come every time I have had them come to do a cleaning or any work. They have been to my house three times now.

Description of Work
Cleaned out my chimney

Category chimney repair, fireplaces

01/16/2014

Gintaras S.

Excellent workmanship. Price was higher than all other estimates but these guys had a great rep.

Description of Work
Chimney liner, chimney cap and sealed existing fireplace

01/08/2014

harriet H.

work well done both times. courteous and very professional. consulted with me for every cost.

Description of Work
clean chimney and make repairs.. had used them years ago to replace chimeny lining and to check out and repair external chimney.

11/20/2013

Peter D.

Excellent...on time, quick & professional.

Description of Work
ATLANTIC CHIMNEY INC

10/30/2013

Ellen R.

The technician was prompt, extremely knowledgeable, considerate to the homeowner and performed the repair efficiently.

Description of Work
Atlantic Chimney discovered a dangerous hookup to a chimney flu and repaired it for a reasonable price on the spot! It was a complicated repair, but the service man knew exactly how to shorten the pipe to improve the functionality and fix the problem. He also preformed a full inspection of the chimney and fireplace and made another minor repair. My clients were very pleased with the results. I sell real estate and always recommend Atlantic Chimney when there is a problem.

10/28/2013

RICHARD M.

Bill and his crew arrived promptly and began the work quickly. I was very impressed at how the crew kept the mess to a minimum (removing collapsed clay liner from furnace pipe). The liner installation was done in a day, the chimney was repaired - and Bob had to find a creative way to install a clean-out door because of the unusual construction of the chimney. I felt the price I paid was fair, the work was done professionally - and I would recommend this company to others if asked. Nice job, Atlantic!

Description of Work
Installed new chimney liner, repaired cracked chimney masonry, installed cap and clean-out pipe

09/06/2013

Lori F.

Bob and his crew were great. He explained everything in great detail, they were punctual and professional, they did a great job, and he was a pleasure to work with. I was surprised how much the job cost, but they did do a lot over three full days. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Repair a significant part of my chimney, replace the top 1/3 of the chimney, install a cap, and install a gas pipe within the chimney.

05/29/2013

Cheryle T.

I had purchased this home February 28, 2012 and was told the chimney had new flashing. After closing, however, I noticed problems with my kitchen ceiling. Upon closer look at the chimney from inside the attic, I found rain water was coming in around the base of the chimney and causing damage. I could look out at the sky from the sides of the chimney. I contacted Bill Weir at Atlantic Chimney; he came right out to inspect the chimney and witnessed rain water coming into the attic around the chimney. Because it was raining that day, he came back another day and did a thorough examination from the roof, taking pictures of condition of the chimney. He also examined the chimney from the basement where the oil burner connects. Bill explained the work needed and recommended a liner to prevent further damage. My goal for having the chimney repaired, was to stop the leaking into the attic and damage to the ceiling in the living space around the location of the chimney. I was concerned with function, not look. However, what a surprise to see that not only had the work performed by Bill and his team stopped the leaking, I see a chimney that looks strong, well constructed, clean, capped, and lead that looks very professional installed. The work was all done in one day, the chimney looks a hundred times better than it had. Would I recommend Atlantic Chimney? Yes, without hesitation. I enjoyed talking with Bill, Kim and Sheila in the office, with George who is a master with flashing. Oh, Bill likes dogs. As soon as he saw my greyhound we talked about our furry companions like we were old friends.

Description of Work
Atlantic Chimney performed the following: Staged chimney Took down top 3 courses of brick and cracked crown Rebuilt 3 courses and new crown Stripped back shingles on backside of chimney and reinstalled them. Built a new cricket Installed lead over cricket Installed new lead counter flashing on all 4 sides of chimney Installed step flashing under counter flashing (where needed) Installed a Best Flex Brand Smooth Wall double ply 316 alloy liner for Buderus boiler. The install included a cap, top plate, tee, snout and connection to Buderus oil burner. Liner kit comes with a Lifetime warranty. Extra work performed at no additional charge: Grinding and tuckpointing the whole chimney instead of 3 courses.

02/11/2013

Jan L.

My home is a very attractiveRoyal Barry Willls style cape with two large white brick chimneys. During the very "snowy" winter of 2011, a roofing contractor noticed that some bricks were dislodged/some had fallen on the roof from one chimney. Obtained quotes from three contractors: two wanted to completely rebuild both chimneys for quotes ranging from $13,000 to $27,000. Contacted my plumber, whose judgment I value, and was referred to Atlantic Chimney. Fabulous job.....repaired both chimneys, repointed where necessary, and then encased both in a waterproof mortar product (looks like stucco); painted both white and added a black cap at the top. This process will last for many, many years. Prior to decision to contract with Atlantlic, was given names and addresses of other customers who had applied a similar technique. Visited two homes, one in Milton and the other in Dedham, both were also delighted with work performed by Atlantic. All in all, I am thoroughly delighted with the project Atlantic completed. Would rehire without hesitation.

Description of Work
Repaired/pointed/mortared two large chimney