Affordable Appliance

Founded 1990 • With Angi since May 2003

Affordable Appliance is a local, family-owned business, proudly serving Eastern Massachusetts since 1990. We offer both emergency service and routine maintenance for all major brands of all major appliances. Weekend visits are available! To keep your appliances operating at their best and avoid

A Service Provider's profile image

appliance repair (145)small appliance repair (10)large appliances (2)

01/21/2022

John R.

While I have had success working with this company previously with a washer repair, this experience highlighted some disorganization and poor client service. Our initial diagnostic visit was Nov. 29 and Ken told us the ignitor was out and he would see if a part was available. Since we didn't hear back we assumed the part was on order. After still not hearing anything I left Ken a voicemail on his phone on Dec. 31 to ask about the status. No response. I called through Angi's on Jan. 12 and was told I would receive a call back that day but did not. I texted Ken on Jan. 13 and after a few follow-up texts I am finally told on Jan. 21 that the part is unavailable. I am told that several voice messages were left for me as far back as November, but that is incorrect. I asked Ken what number those messages were left under and am told the paperwork is no longer available so he doesn't know. I've only ever used one number with this company, so somehow they got the wrong number. Ok, that could explain the delay up until Dec. 31, but it was 3 more weeks after that before I finally got an answer on the status of the part (despite leaving my correct number via voicemail and Angi's answering service). Really a disappointing experience.

Description of Work
Gas dryer repair

Work Completed On 11/29/2021

03/02/2021

Andrew B.

Affordable Appliance was great to work with. They contacted and got me scheduled very fast. When the technician arrived, he diagnosed the issue immediately and had my fridge back up and running in no time.

Description of Work
Refrigerator Motor Replacement

Category appliance repair, small appliance repair

Work Completed On 02/11/2021

01/05/2021

Esther H.

Oven will heat to desired temperature, but not maintaining heat so food is undercooked. Ken at replaced part on 12/14/20 and claimed it was tested, but oven still does not maintain heat. Called Affordable Appliance on 12/21/20 to have it checked again, but only told message will be sent and no one has gotten back in touch.

Description of Work
oven not maintaining heat

Work Completed On 12/14/2020

[Member Name Removed], I know you had issues with your stove,and we were willing to come back to repair whatever else was wrong with your stove, but you decided to buy a new stove and you were done with the one you had according to my technician. If you look at all our reviews we have many many A reviews . We would appreciate if you would reconsider your review and give us a better grade.

11/19/2020

Mary T F.

Very well. Jeff diagnosed the problem and he came in 2 days later and fixed in within 45 minutes. Installed a tiny heater so the line doesn't freeze up. Was going to buy a new refrigerator but not now! No leaking!!!

Description of Work
Leaking freezer line

Work Completed On 11/12/2020

11/05/2020

Mark N.

My dryer repair was handled promptly and efficiently by Ken at Affordable Appliance.

Description of Work
Clothes dryer repair.

Work Completed On 11/05/2020

11/05/2020

Patric S.

They are very good nothing complain.

Description of Work
They are very good nothing complain.

Work Completed On 11/05/2020

10/21/2020

Karl S.

Very pleased. I requested service through Angie's List on a Friday night from a number of companies. Affordable Appliance called me on Saturday and scheduled a technician for Monday. They came on Monday and diagnosed the issue quickly. Unfortunately the needed part is discontinued. I really appreciated that the technician seemed bummed that he couldn't fix it for us.

Description of Work
Repair dishwasher

Work Completed On 10/19/2020

10/13/2020

Barbara C.

Professional, Knowledgeable, Quick, Expensive

Description of Work
Refrigerator door off track.

Work Completed On 10/06/2020

09/26/2020

Suzanne H.

Great job. Nice, friendly guy. Prompt.

Description of Work
dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 09/18/2020

09/08/2020

Ricardo C.

Well done after diagnostic of issue.

Description of Work
Replace faulty control switch on electric range

Work Completed On 09/04/2020

08/26/2020

Arthur A.

After having spoken to other companies with a significant wait time. The owner was able to provide same day swift service. Technician was polite and professional. Cost was reasonable. Would hire again

Description of Work
Dishwasher door repair

Work Completed On 08/25/2020

08/25/2020

Zoya B.

This company got back to me the quickest of all the ones I reached out to, and a technician was out to see our washer within a day. He was able to quickly diagnose and fix the problem. Price was as expected. Will call this company again for future repairs.

Description of Work
Fix a Frigidaire front-load washer that was not spinning.

Work Completed On 08/24/2020

07/28/2020

Jean M.

I got a call for a model number within 5 minutes of asking for a quote. They had someone out in less than 3 hours and it was fixed an hour later. The tech was great about explaining what the issue was and what needed to be done after the call to make sure we didn't have a recurrence. I couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
Repair a refrigerator. The freezer was working but not the refrigerator portion.

Work Completed On 07/28/2020

07/24/2020

Wendy G.

Affordable Appliance was the only businness that was able to come out the very day that I called.

Description of Work
Appliance damage assessment and refrigerator repair.

Work Completed On 07/23/2020

07/06/2020

Anthony R.

The guy that came out was nice but really didn’t do a great job of troubleshooting. He said it was a pressure sensor problem and that the whole control board needed to be replaced. He called and gave his shop and they gave me a price of over 350 dollars. I told him no way I’m gonna pay that since it was more than the machine is worth. He then offered that I call the manufacturer to see if they could help which I did. The manufacturer sent their own repair man and that guy just pretty much reset the computer and now my machine works well. I should have just called the manufacturer first. I had to pay the 80 dollar service call to Affordable Appliance for them just to diagnose it. I was charged the 80 at first and the owner Richie contacted me and was very helpful in making my situation right. He refunded me the charge for the service call and offered his business again if I want it in the future. This was a great way to show that he cares about his customers and based by that action, I will recommend him for future jobs.

Description of Work
Washer repair

Work Completed On 06/29/2020

07/02/2020

Beatrice K.

No sure, the dishwasher is not working Requested service from the manufacturer but the installation was well done

Description of Work
Install new dishwasher

Work Completed On 06/23/2020

06/21/2020

Brigid R.

Great!! Would highly recommend Ken w/ Affordable Appliance!

Description of Work
Repair water valve in 2015 refrigerator

Work Completed On 06/19/2020

06/10/2020

Pat D.

TOO EXPENSIVE. WOMAN DIDN'T SEEM INTERESTED IN THE PROBLEM. DECIDED TO BUY A WASHER ON SALE THIS WEEK INSTEAD. THERE ARE PLENTY OF CHOICES $200-400 MORE THAN THEIR INVOICING OUTLINE SHE GAVE

Description of Work
REPLACE DRUM IN 9 YEAR OLD SAMSUNG FRONT LOAD WASHER

Work Completed On 06/10/2020

06/05/2020

Lisa B.

These guys are great. I was stiffed by a person who never finished installing a new dishwasher. The technician, Kenneth(?) contacted me on a Friday and came out the following Monday. He was friendly and very professional. I'll defiantly use these guys again.

Description of Work
Finished the install of a new dishwasher

Work Completed On 05/18/2020

06/03/2020

Eloisa M.

The visit started off fine, with the technician arriving early within the time window and behaving courteously. He started working on the microwave. He identified the problem and got the part to fix it from his van. However, after several more minutes, he closed up the over-the-oven microwave and indicated he would not be able to help me today, because to fix the microwave, he would have to unmount the microwave, which he was not prepared to do. He wanted to send someone else to do the microwave repair. I offered to take the microwave down for him (a task which would only take a few minutes), to which he replied that he did not have time to wait, as his day was not scheduled that way. I then suggested I take it down for him while he looked at my dishwasher (something which was already scheduled into his visit). He clearly did not like the idea, but I went to get my tools while I thought he was looking at my dishwasher. When I returned, he was ready to leave and indicated he was neither going to repair the dishwasher nor the microwave. We went back and forth a bit, as I tried to get a reasonable explanation. He failed to offer one, at times saying he did not want two different technicians to work on two different appliances, and at other times flatly just saying he would not do the work. I then asked him to leave. I later received a call from the company, apologizing and indicating that I would need to look for a different company, as they had no one else to send out.

Description of Work
Microwave and dishwasher repair

Category appliance repair, small appliance repair

Work Completed On 06/03/2020

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, obviously the technician was not having a good day. I will have a talk to him and make sure this won't happen again. I hope you got your issues resolved. As you can see, all of our reviews are A rated, Richie Affordable Appliance

06/02/2020

kim A.

Excellent. They saved me from replacing my drum for minimal cost. Others said to order a new piece which would have cost me 5x as much. Excellent

Description of Work
Fixed a felt on drum

Work Completed On 05/27/2020

04/11/2020

Charles D.

estimate was given for valve plus needed hoses replaced. The tecnition was pleasent and profesional. Would recomend highly

Description of Work
water control valves were corroded

Work Completed On 04/11/2020

Review for Affordable Appliance - PO Box 1288, RANDOLPH, MA - 38493868

09/24/2019

Richard B.

repair too expensive...does not make sense to repair

Description of Work
washer repair

Work Completed On 09/24/2019