Metropolitan Plastering & Painting

Founded 2013 • With Angi since February 2017

5 Roselin Ave

Quincy, MA 02169

My name is Rafael Vasconcelos and I love what I do. As the owner I aim to develop personal relationships with our clients and build long-term relationships for ongoing needs, while keeping our cost competitive and delivering outstanding service. We are insured for up to $2M and focus primarily on plastering & painting (interior & exterior) but occasionally provide support for other home improvement needs on a case by case basis. We were recently awarded a Super Service award in 2017 and we were given the title TOP PROS 2018 on thumbtack! Our company serves all of the Metro West and South Shore. Including Brookline, Newton, Milton and Dorchester....

08/23/2020

Peter M.

They were very on time, super friendly and even performed the job quicker than expected. The owner Rafael is also a very nice dude. Highly Recommended!!!!!

Description of Work
Plastering and Drywalling

Category drywall,plastering

Thank you for your positive feedback!

09/21/2019

Martha P.

I was especially impressed by Metropolitan's prep work. They started by scraping, then used a power sander, and finally pressure washed everything. The actual painting went well, too. House and outbuilding look 100% better, and because of the prep work I expect the paint job to last a while.

Description of Work
Painting trim on house; painting trim and siding on large outbuilding.

Category house painters

I am pleased to know that you were impressed by our work. We take pride in providing exceptional service every single time!

07/01/2019

Cathy B.

- Super nice people - Beautiful painting job - Finished in time frame they provided - Just very excellent work - Absolutely would rehire

Description of Work
Exterior house painting

Category house painters

This is music to our ears! It was a pleasure doing business with you!

01/27/2019

Melissa D.

It was a pleasure working with Rafael. He always answered his phone, was up front and honest with his pricing and the quality of his work was excellent. We had some electrical work done in our front foyer and Rafael made it appear as though the walls hadn't even been touched. Would highly recommend Metropolitan for any plastering/painting jobs. I had even called some other local plaster companies in the Milton area that came highly recommended but they were double the price of Rafael and didn't even offer to paint (which Rafael did). AND he did it all the week of Thanksgiving so that we were able to host!

Description of Work
Patch numerous holes in drywall, skim coat and paint

Category plastering,interior painters

I am happy to hear about your successful experience with us, thank you for recommending our service!

10/31/2018

Lou H.

Vendor showed up and assessed job in a timely and professional fashion, but the quote for the small job was way too high. Double two other quotes and 35% higher than another

Description of Work
No work was completed as quote was way too high!

Category plastering

Hi [Member Name Removed] we take extreme pride in our work and use materials that will outshine and out last most products in our industries market, this may be one reason why our quote was the highest in your list. I am extremely easy to work with and would be willing to negotiate the numbers if you had brought it to my attention. I am sorry we could not do business together however if you luck out please do not hesitate to call us for another quote, I will make sure to be competitive with other numbers out there.

09/21/2018

Michelle W.

Like many in and around Boston, we live in an old house with plaster. We had some areas of water damage on the third floor, and some additional plaster repairs necessary after remodeling on the second floor, including fixing some areas we had tried to repair ourselves. We also had a bedroom in need of some repair and painting, and as if that weren't enough, we had a skylight installed and needed new plaster filled in around that. Rafael got in touch promptly, took a look at our laundry list, gave me an estimate way before I expected one, and made our house look amazing. He repaired everything, made the skylight look original, and even made sure to match the texture of the existing plaster - not easy! He also painted our bedroom, including the ceilings - and this is a bedroom built in to an attic space, so there are sloping ceilings and a lot of corners. He took measures to keep the rest of the house clean, and cleaned up so well when he was done. We really could not be happier with his work and how quickly he finished, and would absolutely recommend him.

Description of Work
Plastering, interior painting, repair of water damage

Category plastering,water damage restoration,interior painters

Thank you for the great feedback, it is tricky to match another craftsman texture finish but I am glad we were able to match it perfectly!

08/31/2018

Max F.

Rafael and his crew recently did fantastic work on our Victorian home. We hired him to repair the aging, damaged horse-hair plaster ceiling in our bedroom that has been neglected for many years. Rafael promptly responded to my request for an assessment and came over the same day. He sent over a quote in a timely manner and we booked the work to be done. He completely redid the bedroom ceiling, putting up new drywall and painting it. He also put in crown molding to match the rest of the home and replaced the ceiling fan with a newer unit. Additionally, we had some water damage in our bathroom happen around this time and he was able to tack this work onto this project without any issues. Patching a large hole in the bathroom ceiling left by a plumber, installing insulation and painting. Even for such a small project, Rafael took great care and pride with his work, going above and beyond what most contractors normally would. He truly appreciated the house and saw the potential in it to be properly restored. I knew we were in good hands throughout the process and was not disappointed with his work at all. I very much look forward to our next project with Rafael and his team at Metropolitan Plastering & Painting.

Description of Work
Plastering and painting

Category drywall,plastering,interior painters

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your excellent feedback, going above and beyond is our norm! My wife and I really appreciate your gift!

07/18/2018

Jay M.

Rafael and his crew did an amazing job painting my 200 year old home in the historic district of Lexington. Spend half the time doing great prep and half the time carefully painting. The crew was hard working, efficient and highly skilled. Rafael is extremely easy to work with, and a great communicator. He is also very open to learning new methods and approaches. Do yourself a favor and hire Rafael and his team!

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

Category plastering,house painters

The team and I really enjoyed working on your beautiful historic home [Member Name Removed], we were able to get great exposure to your exquisite neighborhood while performing on your house. Thanks for giving us the opportunity!

05/02/2018

Judith Z.

I live in a building over 100 years old. Three rooms needed plastering and painting badly. There was a lot work needed and they did an excellent job. They even scraped the radiators which haven't been scraped in who knows how many years. You cannot tell where the cracks in the walls and the wooden door frame were.

Description of Work
painting and plastering

Category plastering,interior painters

The crew and I enjoyed rejuvenating your Historic Brookline apartment. Please keep us in mind for your future plastering and painting needs!

04/12/2018

Tom C.

Estimated job based over the phone based on my pictures and measurements. Arrived and finished quality job in time committed. Did high-quality work. Kept dust contained and left everything very clean. Noticed insulation wanted replacing and did the labor without extra charge. I will be hiring for more jobs.

Description of Work
Drywall plastering and backerboard in bathroom

Category drywall,plastering

Thanks for your recognition [Member Name Removed]. "High-quality" work is what you'll always get!

Newton Fire and Flood Inc.

Newtown Fire and Flood specializes in being a one-stop shop for all water damage, fire damage, Mold testing and Mold remediation problems. After a flood or fire, they also do the repairs of your home to complete the job - making them a true one stop shop. Phil, the owner and operator, answers the phone and takes care of the problem with his team. Newtown Fire and Flood won't leave a job until you are completely satisfied and will work with you and your insurance company after the job to complete the process. We are a 24 hour emergency service company, so if you have an immediate problem and need some help in an emergency, please give us a call! We look forward to working with you! Serving all of New England with offices in Southshore, Northshore, and Wooster - as well as greater Boston. Additional DBA - Newton Fire and Flood Inc.

Royal Quality Painting Inc

Royal Quality Painting Inc is a family owned and operated business. Adilio & Marcelo have been in the painting business well over 15 years each. Combined, our team has over 100 years of experience in the residential and commercial painting and construction fields, providing services to both big and small businesses. Our experienced professionals have what it takes to create a fresh look with a coat of paint that transforms any room into something truly breathtaking. We not only look to hire only the best and most qualified in the industry but have a rigorous training and background check that each employee must pass in order to be hired. The level of quality and reliability that we bring is unsurpassed by any other in the industry today.

FLEXX GENERAL CONSTRUCTION

Interior & Exterior Painting - Carpentry - Demolition. We offer quality service at an affordable price. Contact us today about an estimate!

191201
    04/01/2020
    Check, Visa, Discover, MasterCard, American Express, PayPal

Painting, Plastering, Wallpaper Removal, Wallpaper Hanging, Graffiti Removal, Power Washing, Epoxy Coatings, Stain Finishes.