The Irrigation Company

Founded 2003 • With Angi since August 2011

16 Worcester Road

Princeton, MA 01541

www.theirrigationcompany.com

Craig Zottoli founded The Irrigation Company to service the irrigation needs of central Massachusetts and the surrounding areas. Our mission is to beautify residential properties through quality lawn and shrub irrigation. Using the latest technology in the industry, we aim to have as little impact as possible while yeilding the greatest results. We are a full-time shop servicing clients, whatever the size of the project, all year round. We build irrigation systems that conserve water and automate the process of caring for lawns. Very little needs to be done on the part of our clients to achieve a healthy landscape. We coordinate with the town, take all necessary measurements and arrange for a licensed plumber to complete the hookup with your plumbing system. Our state of the art equipment allows us to be efficient and available at all times. It also allows us to spend more time getting to know the needs of each particular lawn and customize the system accordingly....

irrigation system (39)

08/19/2020

Michael S.

The Irrigation Company did some repair work on my lawn irrigation system. They were responsive and did a great job. The technician who came out was thorough and walked me through what was needed. Very satisfied and appreciative of the quick response.

Description of Work
General repairs

Work Completed On 08/19/2020

10/04/2017

Tom R.

Craig and his team were excellent in every respect. I would recommend them without hesitation!!

Description of Work
Installed a complete lawn irrigation system with 8 zones, 38 sprinkler heads, and WiFi controller.

Work Completed On 09/15/2017

06/15/2017

ricardo R.

Great did exactly as described in timely manner. System is perfect

Description of Work
New irrigation system

Work Completed On 06/15/2017

05/24/2017

Sandy Z.

From initial contact to completion of the installation this week, Craig was terrific. He was always timely and updated us if there was a change in the schedule. His workmen were pleasant and respectful. The work was done carefully with minimal disruption to the lawn and plants given the scope of the installation. We had a total of six zones of irrigation installed. I felt from the beginning that Craig understood the scope and complexity of the project.

Description of Work
We put in an irrigation system that includes drip irrigation for our flower, shrub and tree area and sprinklers for our lawn.

Work Completed On 05/23/2017

05/02/2017

Nate & Sarah M.

I was contacting the company in early spring when they were not quite up and running so I did run into a little trouble getting in touch with them at one point to try to reschedule an appointment because they were on vacation (it was still their off season) and there was a problem with their email inbox being full and bouncing back my messages. That said, when I met Craig in person, he was punctual and very nice and professional. I ended up going with a more local company that had a working relationship with the lawn installation company I was using for ease of coordination since both companies used the same Hunter and Rainbird products. If my relationship changed with the local company, I would strongly consider hiring The Irrigation Company for followup/repair work. As far as price, both companies were around $3500 to do the basic job, but when I wanted to have the option to be able to water two garden beds on opposite sides of the yard more frequently than the rest of the yard, Craig's solution was an extra $1200 whereas the company I chose was able to accomplish this by reorganizing the zones.

Description of Work
Install new irrigation system on about 20-25 sq feet of lawn/plantings

Work Completed On 04/01/2017

08/17/2016

Rony S.

Craig the owner is very professional. He was open and honest with all options and provided appropriate advice that fit my needs the most. The work was done on time and the pricing provided was very competitive. Craig's crew provided a walk through of the system and adjusted the sprinklers as desired. Very glad with the service provided

Description of Work
Sprinkler System Installation

Work Completed On 08/04/2016

07/25/2016

Pat L.

We interviewed several companies and felt Craig's quote and knowledge just couldn't be beat. The job was done on schedule, and so far is running perfectly. Craig came out himself to give us a lesson on the timer and check the project after we'd used it for a few cycles. He is professional, knows the business and very responsive.

Description of Work
Irrigation System Installation

Work Completed On 06/13/2016

06/21/2016

jim H.

Description of Work
Had a 10 zone irrigation system installed with 38 rotary heads for lawn & 14 spray heads for flower bed area's. Very competitive pricing and excellent people to deal with. Very professional and could barely tell they were there after they were done.I would defiantly recommend this company and would do business with again if needed.

Work Completed On 05/31/2016

04/07/2016

Leslie M.

04/07/2016

chris H.

03/30/2016

Robert C.

Description of Work
They maintain our irrigation system.

Work Completed On 10/28/2015

03/30/2016

Susan P.

Description of Work
They shut off the sprinkler system for the Winter and it was fine. They are reliable and competitive in their pricing. The only irk would be a slight lack of flexibility sometimes in setting up times to come out. They somehow always want to schedule right in the middle of the day when we are not home and while it's not a huge deal, as we have a business within 20 minutes drive, it could be awkward for someone in different circumstances.

Work Completed On 10/28/2015

02/04/2015

John D.

They are on time/punctual and you can count on. They pick up the phone every time you call. They don?t just sit on things, they just get it done. They are a little expensive but the work was very good. They are a little competitive though.

Description of Work
I used the services of The Irrigation Company.

Work Completed On 10/29/2014

07/15/2014

Patrick O.

Service was provided on time with a very knowledgeable person explaining what needed to be done and performed repairs after discussion of my options. I was very pleased with service and would recommend this company to all

Description of Work
Replace sprinkler head and adjust 3 station sprinkler system to work optimally

Work Completed On 06/15/2014

07/02/2014

Peter D.

Their price was very reasonable. They were very professional. They had all the tools and the updated technology to do the troubleshooting required. The assistant was very professional as well. They were able to do what I thought would take at least half a day; they did it in about an hour or an hour and a half and that was due to their expertise and the tools that they had. Their promptness stood out to me. They're a local company and they're not a big national chain. They provide real in-depth customer service on a local level. I'm going to call them in about a week.

Description of Work
I used The Irrigation Company for lawn irrigation.

Work Completed On 06/09/2014

05/08/2014

Jason F.

The experience was excellent. Their customer service was great, and if there was any problem, they came out and fixed it. They were on time. I got all the coverage I need, and their quality of work was good. They made good recommendations that works, and everything is green and colorful as it should be. Their pricing was great.

Description of Work
We used The Irrigation Company. They installed a whole new irrigation system, and they got a whole lot of issues which they worked around. We had issues after wards which they came and resolved.

Work Completed On 10/17/2012

05/01/2014

Paul and Laura C.

They are an excellent company and they have done numerous projects here in my neighborhood. The guy who comes out is great and I have no complaints at all about him. He is fabulous and if you have a problem, he comes right away. He returns all your phone calls if there is an issue with the sprinkler system. I have had no problem with him at all. He is excellent overall. He also put our sprinkler system in a couple of years ago. I cannot say enough about him and he has a fabulous pricing. The quality of his work is great and he has a two-year warranty on all the sprinkler heads. His responsiveness is excellent. If I leave him a message, he calls me right back. I have never really had to say that he was going to come out at a certain time and he showed up but when I have left him a message, he has called and he has gone right out. Because he has a lot of customers in my neighborhood and he lives in Princeton so instead of me saying, "Okay, I want you to come out today," if it is no emergency, I always just tell him, "Look, if you are in the area turning the sprinklers on for the other people, stop by," so that he does not have to make a special trip. His professionalism is also excellent. I would absolutely use him again in the future and I actually just referred him to a new neighbor who is building a house just down the street from me. He asked me if I knew of any sprinkler guys and I said, "Oh yeah! The irrigation guy that I use is excellent." So, I gave him his card.

Description of Work
The last time that I used The Irrigation Company was just maybe a month ago to check out our sprinkler system because I had a problem with not knowing how to turn it back on.

Work Completed On 04/16/2014

12/03/2013

Tom S.

Craig was very responsive, showed up when he said he would and he and his team did a great job.

Description of Work
Full lawn and garden irrigation system.

Work Completed On 06/06/2013

11/15/2013

Kelly M.

I really liked the owner. The price was fair. He did what he said he was going to do. I thought he was very professional. One of his workers I didn't care for too much. It was just little silly things like one of his workers told my next door neighbor's dog to shut up. But, they did a great job. I did call the owner about that and he said thanks for the feedback and that other worker has not been back to my house and they have. He was very responsive to that and heard it, which I really appreciate. The other thing that really bothered me was that he smoked. I know that sounds really petty. He was moving around but he always had a cigarette but in his mouth and that bothered me. I'm very satisfied with the company. I'm really satisfied with the professionalism. The did everything that they said they were going to do plus more. Even with the couple of things that happened with the laborer, I thought it was a good experience and I would hire them again and I would recommend them. He was very fairly priced.

Description of Work
I used the services of The Irrigation Company. They put in a new system for me.

Work Completed On 10/16/2013

08/09/2013

John D.

Craig and his team stand out in what is a very competitive market. Start to finish I was pleased with Craig's professionalism, insight, patience, and quality of work performed. As you would expect with most large jobs his price per head came down as we expanded into other parts of the lawn and his estimate was the price, no surprises. I highly recommend The Irrigation Company and I look forward to the opportunity of working with them again in the future.

Description of Work
Installed an irrigation system on ~1 acre of open lawn.

Work Completed On 08/06/2013

07/29/2013

marc K.

Did an outstanding job, would not hesitate to recommend them. Another local company came, recommended a new system and never followed up. Called The Irrigation company, came and told me I could just rebuild the system. Saved me over a 1000.00.

Description of Work
Complete restored and upgraded an old system that had not been used/serviced in a few years.

Work Completed On 06/12/2013

05/01/2013

Fran R.

Craig and his crew were very responsive to my many questions even before he was contracted. He explained the entire process in detail as well as offered logical suggestions. He provided a detailed quote. He started and ended the job on time, cleaned up and walked me through what he had done. I still had many questions after the installation and he was very prompt in responding. I would highly recommend The Irrigation Company.

Description of Work
Full yard sprinkler system including flower beds

Work Completed On 06/11/2012

04/25/2013

Christopher C.

They end up doing other neighbors as well because of our referral. Very professional company.

Description of Work
Installed in ground sprinkler systems.