Wilson Brothers Heating & Air Conditioning Inc

Founded 1987 • With Angi since September 2007

Family owned and operated since 1987, Wilson Brothers HVAC, Inc. has been a leader in the installation and repair of complete, custom-designed, heating and cooling systems for homeowners in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. Hot air, radiant, and hydro-air heating systems fired by either gas or oil, along with complete central air or ductless cooling systems. Trust your home comfort to Wilson Brothers, Your All-Season Comfort Specialists. We also service additional areas through our sister companies, Accurate Baker Elman and Murphy's. ...

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
Installation of 5 Head Heating & Cooling Units

Installation of 5 Head Heating & Cooling Units

HVAC Companies2021
This was a 5 day project for the installation of 5 multi-zone heating and cooling units. Follow the arrows and you can see the 3 visible heads marked by a number. On the other side of the wall is where the wall mounted units are located. You can also see the slim ducts running alongside the white arrows. These are grouped together to manage all of the drain and refrigerator lines and will be covered to match the exterior of the house.

HVAC Companies (142)water heaters (32)plumbers (22)generator service (6)heating oil company (3)air duct cleaning (3)electrician (3)insulation (2)

08/09/2022

Andrew D.

I used WBH&AC to do a system check and service a hot water boiler. They replaced a few key parts and then gave the system a clean bill of health. When I started using the system during the winter, it started leaking which it hadn't done before. WB sent 3 different techs over the next few months, none of which could figure out the cause of the leak. A 4th tech came out a few months later and when he opened the cover he discovered a massive corrosion issue and said that the whole system needed to be replaced ASAP to the tune of some $12,000. There's 2 possible scenarios that come to mind with this. Either WB didn't notice (or mention) the massive issue during their initial tuneup and charged me over $1000 for parts on a system that was about to fail imminently. Or WB negligence caused the leak and eventual corrosion costing me an entire new boil out of pocket. Neither of those scenarios give me confidence in the skill or credibility of this company.

Description of Work
Boiler repair

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 08/31/2020

We are very sorry to hear about your bad customer experience with us. We train all our technicians to always note down any other issues they notice when doing a tune-up and bring them to the customer’s attention. The current hot water boiler was installed back in 2006 with the previous homeowners and we serviced it in 2020. The average lifespan of a boiler is 10-12 years and then should be considered for replacement. Replacement parts will help extend the life of the boiler and are a more cost effective solution in the moment when our customers are experiencing problems but a 15 year old water boiler will begin to corrode on it’s own and will need replacement. Unfortunately the age of the system is past it's lifespan.

05/19/2021

Paul V.

Did very well, been using for 15 years

Description of Work
delivery install maintain furnace

Category electrician

Work Completed On 11/19/2020

04/15/2021

Faith H.

Everything went perfectly. Michelle helped me through the Mass Save application process, which made the whole experience seem easy. The techs who came out were professional, friendly and they wore masks (which I very much appreciated). The work was done on schedule and the units even look great. I would highly recommend Wilsons for any heating/cooling/related services!

Description of Work
2 new furnaces and 2 central air units

Work Completed On 04/15/2021

02/19/2021

Larry S.

Our oil burner was giving off such a strong smell when it was running that we turned off the heat in the middle of winter! After multiple visits by another firm failed to solve the problem, and they admitted they were out of ideas, we called Wilson Brothers. Within a few minutes, Brennan had diagnosed multiple problems and a short time later they were 100% fixed and the burner is now running perfectly. Watching Brennan attack and solve the problem was almost as marvelous as having heat now. This guy has energy, expertise, thoroughness, and obvious pride in his work like you wouldn't believe. He is not technically a Wilson brother, but if they are smart they will make him a partner in the firm. He has won them a customer for life.

Description of Work
Strong smell from oil burner when running

Work Completed On 02/18/2021

Review for Wilson Brothers Heating & Air Conditioning Inc - 35 Lomar Park Dr, Pepperell, MA - 39202182

01/07/2021

Jerry M.

It was a absolute pleasure working with the Wilson Brothers team from sales, site planning and install. The install and electrical teams were very professional and demonstrated in depth knowledge of the product and their craft. They arrived at the time specified and worked very neatly and in an organized fashion. We would absolutely recommend Wilson Brothers for any Heating/AC needs.

Description of Work
Electrical/Install

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 01/07/2021

08/10/2020

Neil S.

I needed an electrician. You provided an HVAC contractor. Poor match-up.

Description of Work
Electrical

Category air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 08/10/2020

02/29/2020

ed L.

Great, punctual, courteous, nice professional job. Very happy with quality of job.

Description of Work
A hot water baseboard to boiler

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Work Completed On 02/05/2020

01/04/2020

Richard T.

Office staff were available and responsive. Field technicians were on time and performed work efficiently and effectively. Total cost for all services was exactly as quoted.

Description of Work
Oil Fired Furnace Annual Tune-Up and Repair Services

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, heating oil companies

Work Completed On 01/03/2020

11/24/2019

Mark S.

I have used Angie's list before to identify and hire contractors and have auto body work done with excellent results. I called Wilson Brothers to request a service call when our furnace malfunctioned. Got a message asking me to leave a message and they would call back, which I did. I waited and waited and never got a return call. Spent a night with no heat and called again the next day. Waited some more and never got a return call. Finally called someone else who also happens to be on Angie's List and they were her within 2 hours and got the furnace up and running. So despite the many positive reviews Wilson Brothers has received, they did not come through for me. And if they were simply too busy to take more service calls, they could have just called me back to let me know that was the case. So customers who need a service call beware.

Description of Work
Furnace would not light.

Work Completed On 11/21/2019

09/29/2019

jie L.

I install central ac, one ductless AC and replace furnace last year by Wilson brother. I contacted 4/5 contractors for this work. Wilson brother provide best customer service. they replied to my question very quickly, while other could response a few days later. the installation was also very professional and effectively. after installation, they also provides all information showing me how to apply for MASS SAVE. it was very helpful

Description of Work
install central AC, ductless ac and furnace

Work Completed On 09/01/2018

08/25/2019

Maggie V.

They made mess from the disconnecting the pipes, they forgot to reconnect the washer line and A/C pump line which ended up leaking water all over the basement floor, didn't cap one of the pipes and when it rained there was a leaking coming from the roof from where the vent pipe extends through the roof. When I contacted them they came back to fix some of the issues but didn't fix them all. When I reached out again they have not called me back. This is the second job I've had them do in my house so thought customer service is not a priory. I would use them again of recommend them.

Description of Work
Replaced all the sewer drainage piping

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 06/07/2019

05/30/2019

Bruce H.

EXCELLENT Wilson Bros. recently installed a second zone A/C unit in our house. In a nutshell, from initial call and sales/estimator Paul coming out to final clean up I've never been more pleased with a contractor and work accomplished. Everyone showed up on time as scheduled, Al & Cliff were outstanding at their installation work, and keeping me updated and involved on schedule and various options and layout necessities. I'm very particular, need to know what and why things are happening, and everyone was great to work with. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Description of Work
Central A/C Installation

Work Completed On 05/01/2019

10/22/2018

Ellen S.

arrived on time, very professional, was finished in the allotted time. Friendly and courteous too!

Description of Work
gas furnace tune-up

Work Completed On 10/04/2018

07/11/2018

James M.

Nate and his crew were extremely knowledgeable, able to explain things in detail and went about the entire process in a very professional manner. I will recommend them and use them, again.

Description of Work
Furnace Replacement

Work Completed On 06/29/2018

07/11/2018

John M.

Would highly recommend Wilson Brothers.

Description of Work
Put in central air conditioning

Work Completed On 05/29/2018

03/18/2018

Sheila M.

The furnaces were replaced in two different houses without any problems. The generator was placed in one of the houses with many delays. Waiting for parts we were told. When it was finally assembled it worked but daily test runs were happening. When we called to have our yearly check we were told it should only run once a week. A part needed to be replaced. Wilson Bros. shared that expense. It ran for about the next 5 years with constant maintenance but this year the mother board is gone. Wilson Bros have been wonderful but I question the quality of their equipment. One of the gas furnaces also requires costly maintenance. We never had this with our other gas furnaces. Love Wilson Bros. Don't like their replacement equipment. I just thought new things should last a little.

Description of Work
replace 2 gas furnaces and 1 generator

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, generator service

Work Completed On 03/18/2018

02/05/2018

Diana A.

Called the main number and a live person took the call. We explained our concerns and they transferred us to a technician. We told the technician what we were experiencing, and he arranged to have a field technician come by the same day. The technician, Joe Patterson, arrived within the set time frame and gave the system a thorough inspection. Oddly enough, the system began operating properly when Joe arrived.... He said that if the system acts up again, to call them right away and they would dispatch someone immediately. Very pleased with their responsiveness and competency in addressing our problem.

Description of Work
Diagnose trouble with HE heating system

Work Completed On 02/05/2018

02/05/2018

William A.

They never showed up. I talked to there dispatch and was told they would be there in two hours. I waited three hours and called and was told sorry another two hours. It was below freezing that day and was lucky that my kids were able to go to there parents house. After another three hours I called back and spoke to the dispatch where I was told sorry but you might want to call someone else. Because your calling to much. Two calls in six hours isn’t much but to them it was. Be careful with these guys don’t wait like I did.

Description of Work
I needed them to look at my gas furnace.

Work Completed On 01/10/2018

09/05/2017

Richard W.

We strongly suggest that you do not use Wilson Brothers HVAC (WB) for installation work if you want a company that is trustworthy and that puts a priority on customer satisfaction. Our dealings with WB to resolve an obvious installation deficiency revealed what we feel is a disturbing company culture of arrogance, complacency, minimal problem resolution skills and no genuine interest in customer satisfaction. At the beginning of the second day of installation work we raised a concern with the WB installation manager that the fiberglass insulation being installed on metal ducting, as required by building code, was being done incorrectly. Subsequently, we provided factual information to WB, supported by a letter from the insulation manufacturer, which clearly showed that the R-value of all of the insulation was substantially below building code requirements and the manufacturer’s specifications. WB never disputed the accuracy of the information we provided and never asked us what we would like to have done to alleviate our concern. (Pictures included with this review show insulation deficiency.) WB did nothing to address this deficiency until our town building department sent them a letter requesting them to “make the necessary corrections.” The WB corrective actions left over 60% of the insulation untouched and still substantially below building code requirements. After this limited insulation replacement our building department did not do a re-inspection; they simply issued an “opinion” that WB had met “the intent of the code and manufactures (sic) specs.” Following are the kinds of the things we heard from WB personnel which we believe are indicative of the company culture. Our comments follow in parentheses: > If you weren’t going to trust us maybe you should have done the work yourself. (We did trust them and the final result was a system with degraded efficiency.) > Let’s wait and see what the building department says. (A professional company would step up and work with their customer to agree on a way to resolve the problem.) > Its “impossible” to install the insulation using the manufacturer’s instructions. (Yet, the insulation they replaced is OK.) > We did your insulation the same as other jobs and it hasn’t been a problem before. (So, poor workmanship in the past makes it acceptable?) > Re: taking corrective action – Crew will be working all day and take off as much insulation as possible. (Sent smaller crew than usual - spent about 3 hours actually replacing insulation. Most of the untouched insulation is as easy to get at as what was replaced.) > I’ve been doing this for 8 years and I know what I’m doing. (Highly likely that he knew the insulation was being installed incorrectly since the simple instructions are on the packaging; Unable to adequately supervise his crew – among other lesser deficiencies, something as simple as installing the filters in the return grilles was done incorrectly and we had to point it out.) The WB response to our attempt to use a mediator reflected the same company culture, i.e., WB has been in business for 29 years and they are professionals. Because the customer has no experience with the work WB does, they don’t know enough to identify shortcomings in WB’s work and should accept what they get. In their response WB also implied that we were expecting perfection which is not possible in the real world. It is our opinion that the actual cause of this dispute is because it is very likely WB had been installing duct insulation incorrectly on a number of jobs in the past. When they encountered a customer knowledgeable enough to identify the deficiency they were unprepared to deal with it in a responsible way. Over the past several years we have had windows, siding, roofing, and garage doors replaced, a sprinkler system installed and our driveway re-paved. We found all of these contractors to be very professional and had no problems with any of them. Wilson Brothers HVAC stands out as the opposite in our minds. Our signed contract with WB includes the following sentence: “All work to be completed in a professional manner according to standard practices.” If the duct insulation had been installed in a professional manner using the manufacturer’s instructions there would have been no issue, and this was not a slight deficiency. As originally installed the insulation R-values were in the range of 2.5 - 4.9 (based on information from the manufacturer) when it should have been 8.0 (The labeled installed R-value). Over 60% of the insulation is still as originally installed with an average R-value of approximately 3.3, substantially below R-8.0. Furthermore, if the manufacturer’s instructions had been followed, WB would have used the “stretch-out dimension” procedure. The statement, “Stretch-Out dimensions must be followed to achieve labeled installed R-values.”, available on the North American Insulation Manufacturers Association website, clearly establishes this procedure as a standard practice accepted by numerous insulation manufacturers for installing fiberglass duct wrap insulation (Go to [*** Link removed ***] search on insulation facts 66, see bottom of Table 2). Based on this information, it is obvious to us that WB did not comply with either the “professional manner” or “standard practices” aspects of our signed contract. The PICTURES INCLUDED are representative of the duct insulation deficiencies in our central AC system. One picture shows a duct installed between roof rafters in our attic. The other shows the same duct looking up toward the underside of the roof. This section of ducting includes flexible duct and rigid metal duct, both 7” inches in diameter and with fiberglass insulation. The flexible ducting was pre-insulated by its manufacturer and has an actual R-value of 8. The metal ducting was insulated by WB and has an approximate R-value of 3. The difference between the diameters of the two sections of ducting is obvious. The metal duct insulation thickness is well below the 2.25 inches specified by its manufacturer because it was overly compressed, which explains its low R-value. If WB had installed the metal duct insulation correctly there would be very little to no discernible difference between it and the flexible ducting.

Description of Work
Installation of a central air conditioning system with new ducting in the attic of our home.

Work Completed On 05/02/2017

Review for Wilson Brothers Heating & Air Conditioning Inc - 35 Lomar Park Dr, Pepperell, MA - 36199038

08/04/2017

Justin M.

They installed some air conditioners in our home. They were great.

Description of Work
Installed A/C

Work Completed On 07/03/2017

07/13/2017

Nicholas R. E.

They are a family owned business. They helped me out with a filter that the plumber used to take care of and does it much more cheaply. I have a friend that lives close by and I supervised putting two new gas furnaces in his home. Last winter I had to put a new oil burner in my home. I am very satisfied with them. At the same time, they advised that I get in a liner for my chimney because the burner is German made and it burns pretty hotly. So, that was kinda added to the cost. I think it was about $8000 but that was $2000 for the chimney. So I think the burner was a little over $6000. They recommended someone to do the chimney thing because I think they do this kind of thing for them. They are very good. I was very impressed with them. Their service people are very polite and very accommodating. When they heard that the price to have my whole house filtered by my plumber. The guy was kinda outraged. He said, Gee we can do it for you for less than that. That works out for me and save me a lot of money. I need that filter changed about 3-4 times a year. I don't want to do it by myself because I am afraid I will break something. They were very nice to talk to. When you call to make an appointment or ask a question, their help is very helpful. They take the time to talk to you and explain things. If they don't know, they find out and get back to you. I don't think they would overcharge. I think they are honest people. I just figure that is what the going price is. I had a little bit of trouble on a weekend. It was put in on a friday. That is a bad time to put anything in because the next weekend ended up being the coldest weekend of the whole entire year. I had trouble and I could not get anyone in the office. They did not know about me because I had not been customer until then. I was kinda frantic because I thought my house was going to burn down. I really had a hard time getting a man out here on that saturday. It was very upsetting. I had to call the fire company at one point. I could not get something working. They told me to press a button. I think I pressed it too many times and got too much oil in the chimney. The chimney had fire coming out of it down in the basement. I thought oh my gosh. My house is going to burn down. I had a lot of trouble. It was a very stressful weekend. It was because of the circumstances because they put it in on a friday afternoon and you could not get ahold of anyone saturday morning and it happened to be extremely cold weather. There was nine feet of snow so you could not park fire trucks or anybody. It has not happened since. It was because I was a new customer and did not yet have me listed as a special customer service. They give you a number and then you give them the number and right away they get back to you. I did not yet have the number so. Other than that they are very punctual.

Description of Work
They installed a new oil burner.

Work Completed On 02/26/2016

06/02/2017

Dianna J.

Fantastic! The work was completed in three days, very professional and competent.

Description of Work
Installation of three Mitsubishi mini-split heat pumps.