Artios Architects

Founded 1994 • With Angi since July 2010

Artios Architects is a small firm offering design services for commercial and residential projects of any size. We offer services on a flat fee or hourly basis with an excellent fee scale. We offer a broad range of services ranging from preliminary design through construction documents and

4.4

4.4

4.3

architect (135)interior decorators (13)home remodeling (3)garage building (1)lawn & landscaping (1)

04/18/2022

David M.

Artios Architects did a wonderful job on the schematic design and creation of documents for the general contractor. In a mixed used building we converted a portion of the commercial space into two new residential apartments. We selected Jane and Jose to do the architectural design. They made fantastic and creative use of the space to optimize its functional and aesthetic appeal. The result was two new apartments that everyone loves and very easy to rent.

Description of Work
Architect and interior design.

Work Completed On 07/31/2021

06/11/2020

Joan E.

She figured out how to sit everything to a small space and was very creative. It worked out very well and I'm very happy with the service.

Description of Work
They did an interior design.

Category interior designers

Work Completed On 03/01/2020

06/08/2020

Ann T.

I wanted to maximize the space in my basement art studio and asked Jane Estella, principal architect at Artios Architects, to look at it. Very quickly she assessed that if I removed the coal bin in my 100-year-old house basement I would achieve my objective. I followed up and am very happy. I owe a lot to Jane's vision for an art studio with better space.

Description of Work
Basement art studio space planning

Work Completed On 06/08/2020

06/02/2020

Bill A.

They were excellent, easy to work with and very detailed.

Description of Work
Home renovation architectural design.

Work Completed On 04/02/2019

05/05/2020

Barbara F.

Very well and timely. Very easy to work with and accommodating to my input into the design process.

Description of Work
Cottage design

Work Completed On 05/01/2018

Review for Artios Architects - 4 Kilcommons Dr, Pembroke, MA - 38546072

04/29/2020

Paula Z.

Jane and her team helped me re-design my home now that my in-laws have moved in. The ideas and designs they came up with were just what my husband and I were thinking of but could not put into words. Artios Architects had respect for my time & budget and they were very accommodating to our situation. Jane made such a transitional time for our family much easier and we could not be more DELIGHTED with the results. Their work is Amazing! I Highly Recommend Jane and her team at Artios Architects for all of your renovating or building needs. You will not be disappointed!

Description of Work
Re-Design of Living Space

Work Completed On 03/09/2020

04/28/2020

Christine N.

Very smoothly. Very down to earth people, very responsive. We had tons of questions and they were knowledgeable and very prompt. They traveled to our house to help us think things through-- decisions such as colors, materials etc. Reasonable price & excellent value

Description of Work
We had an entire floor plan added to our house and Artios were the Architects

Work Completed On 04/28/2020

Review for Artios Architects - 4 Kilcommons Dr, Pembroke, MA - 38527776

06/12/2017

Eric C.

Came to review project within 2 days and provided professional advice throughout planning.

Description of Work
Second floor addition design.

Work Completed On 06/12/2017

03/20/2017

George S.

Great...I haven't started the renovations, but he offered to work with me again should I need additional modifications.

Description of Work
Needed plans drawn up for my cellar renovations....most specifically how I wanted the room planned out. He offered 4 different layout scenarios. Work was done promptly and professionally. He sketched out the cellar in his first visit and then transposed/created his plans on a computer. He emailed me the plans and modified them after discussing them over the phone. He offered some useful ideas and openly worked with my modification requests..

Category interior designers, architect, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/27/2016

12/21/2016

Brian L.

This turned out very well. We had to reschedule a couple of times. They took measurements and never got back to me.

Description of Work
They came out to deliver a consultation.

Work Completed On 05/27/2016

10/28/2016

Paula K.

MY CONTRACTOR FOLLOWED HER PLANS AND IT CAME OUT BETTER THAN I COULD HAVE WISHED FOR. OTHER PEOPLE TOLD ME I COULD NOT DO IT. JANE JUST LOOKED AND DID IT. SHE WAS WONDERFUL AND A LOVELY LADY! I COULDN'T BE MORE HAPPY.

Description of Work
I HAD A ROOM OFF MY MASTER BEDROOM AND IT WAS USELESS. JANE CREATED A BEAUTIFUL HALLWAY AND A GOOD SIZE MASTER BATH.

Work Completed On 10/28/2016

09/14/2016

Jason B.

My wife and I weren't very impressed with them. We were looking to add a two car garage on to our house and they would be specing the current house as well as the potential addition. Ultimately, while they did provide some interesting points, their overall pitch wasn't as impressive as the other service providers that we contacted. There was no cost for them to come out and do the quote. The price was fair.

Description of Work
There was an architecture job. So they came by and estimated the job.

Category garage builders

Work Completed On 08/30/2016

06/08/2016

Peter G.

It has been just over two years since we began working with Bob and Jane on the renovation of our house. From beginning to the approaching end, Bob and Jane have always been available, ready to accommodate us with visits to the house, design changes, and ready to provide advice on all matters. They were patient with us as we confronted permit problems and a year’s delay due to the 2015 winter. Without Artios Architects, we would have been lost. Bob’s and Jane’s years of architectural design experience have meant that they have been able to answer all questions and advise on all problems. We are working with a limited budget. Their advice has kept us within it and, at the same time, given us a house that we are very proud to show. Even now, as they visit us during the final construction, they are assisting us in design and color selection. Bob and Jane are sympathetic to our concerns, and clearly take great pride in the realization of their architectural design, and the creation of a livable house that is our home.

Description of Work
Artios Architects have provided us with full service on the design of the addition of a second floor to our house, relocation of our kitchen on the first floor, approval of plans, and supervision and advice during construction. They have accompanied us to the Fire Department and City Hall as we worked through the construction permit process, as well as assisting us in obtaining approval of the structural drawings. Bob and Jane have worked with us through our changes of heart on the design (yes fireplace, no fireplace), and after the second floor was framed, have assisted us in redesign as we decided on changes in location of doors and windows.

Work Completed On 05/30/2016

05/04/2016

elizabeth B.

We had an appointment and they cancelled 20 minutes before they were supposed to do the consultation. I could not get into contact with them for two weeks after they missed appointment.

Description of Work
Landscape consultation

Category landscaping

03/26/2016

Duncan S.

It was fine, but not worth the money.

Description of Work
Provided ideas/plans for home improvements

Work Completed On 10/01/2015

02/27/2016

Susan S.

The architect you came to consult with us was not the individual originally contracted, but he was very competent with a lot of interesting ideas.

Description of Work
Consulted on the feasibility of rebuilding a current residence. No documents or plans were provided. This was the service we requested.

Work Completed On 03/01/2015

12/07/2015

Maggie T.

The first set of plans was excellent and I used them for zoning and contractor discussions. When a major change was necessary Artios was extremely responsive The plans were detailed and just what the contractor needed. Artios Architects are excellent.

Description of Work
Redid plans because of a change I made.

Category interior designers, architect

Work Completed On 08/08/2014

11/09/2015

aurora X.

Awesome! I would work with Jose Guzman again.

Description of Work
They provided home designs.

Work Completed On 06/13/2015

11/04/2015

Paula K.

Her design was excellent. She took time to measure everything. She is a lovely person and very professional.

Description of Work
Jane did exactly what I asked for. She designed a bathroom addition and a sunroom.

Category interior designers, architect

Work Completed On 08/27/2015

10/30/2015

Nina S.

I called them several times to set up scheduling they didn't respond for a long time. When Jane did call me back she sent out her partner Gose. He was late to the appointment and only stayed about 30 minutes. He did nothing. I thought he would give me some ideas or advice. He didn't do anything. He didn't even have a pencil or piece of paper or measuring tape. He spent very little time and didn't help at all. I feel like I got ripped off.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for $195 for 3 Hours of Architectural Design Consultation

Work Completed On 10/03/2015

10/27/2015

Matt C.

They didn't exactly provide me with what I was expecting or hoping for when I purchased the deal but for the price paid the work they did was acceptable. I was hoping to have them create some sketches and design ideas for a way to connect my house to my detached garage via a breezeway. The guy who they sent out didn’t seem to be all that knowledgeable in my opinion. For reference I worked in construction for several years and have worked with many architects. He seemed very confused about the process and I felt like I provided him with more information on how to go about doing such a project than he provided me. In the end I ended up creating a drawing myself as a conceptual example of what I was hoping to do and asked him if he could modify it and expand upon what I had done and come up with a few variations or different conceptual ideas on how the connection could be done. While I did get a few variants back for them in the end they were barely any different than what I had provided them in the first place and ultimately weren't very helpful to me.

Description of Work
Helped to create a breezeway design for connecting my home to my detached garage.

Work Completed On 06/01/2014

10/23/2015

Donald R.

Very pleasant working with the architect. The initial plans needed to be adapted for the contractor and the architect was very accommodating in working with the contractor to get the plans to the specs we needed for the project and the permits. This took more time and more money, but we are happy with the results and would call on them again.

Description of Work
Measured and created a set of plans for a home renovation project

Work Completed On 10/15/2015

06/18/2015

Serine S.

Because of time constraints on my end, I never used the service.

Description of Work
The owner called me shortly after I purchased the Big Deal to clarify what I wanted done so that she could match me with the best architect for my project.