Bay State Muffler

Founded 2010 • With Angi since September 2009

258 Newbury St Rt 1 South

Peabody, MA 01960

At Bay State Muffler, we offer high value exhaust and muffler repair on any type of car or truck. We keep a large inventory of quality exhaust components, and we bend all of our exhaust pipes in the shop. This means we can perform nearly any exhaust job on demand, without the need to wait for parts to be delivered. Let us give you a free estimate - you'll be shocked at how affordable our work is!...

07/28/2018

Lena F.

After reading excellent reviews, I decided to have Bay State Muffler check out my car. This was a third quote on same issue. Once they had the car on lift and checked it out, they showed me the issues - same as the first 2 companies who checked it out - needed new muffler and flex pipe. Price was competitive with the other exhaust company. The first, Firestone, who is not an exhaust company, would have charged me over $1,300 because they would have to buy parts, clamps, etc. and mark the price of parts up dramatically to ridiculous amonts, and then charge me ridiculous amount of money to install them. Someone had suggested I take my vehicle to an exhaust place. I am certain the 1st exhaust company would have done a very fine job, but where I was getting a second opinion and they said they could immediately do the job, I did not see the point in driving to North Reading to the other exhaust company. I am relieved knowing I saved $1,000, probably more, having my exhaust work done at Bay State Muffler and not a dealership or car repair shop. Very professional and friendly staff.

Description of Work
Muffler and flex pipe

06/22/2017

Daniel L.

This is the 3rd time in the last 7 years I used Bay State Muffler in Peabody, MA. I made an appointment and was seen as soon as I showed up. They examined my muffler system and explained in detail that it was only the front Flex pipe on my 1999 Toyota Camry that needed repair. I was out in less that an hour and instead of a huge repair bill, I paid only $160. This is an excellent company. Next week, I convinced my brother to bring his Toyota Rav 4 in for muffler service.

Description of Work
Repair and Weld New Muffler Flex Pipe.

03/03/2017

Craig W.

Very professional and friendly service. I will use Bay State Muffler forever and recommend it to all my family and friends. I as impressed with their service and commitment to repairing my vehicle for what I really needed and at a good low price.

Description of Work
I thought my catalytic converter was gone the way it looked and sounded. I didn't want to go to a dealer or chain muffler place convinced by previous experience it would really cost me. Based on Angie's List, Google & Yelp reviews I made appointment with Bay State Muffler and sure glad I did. I did not need new converter but gaskets and pipe replacement/fixed. Made my day.

09/02/2016

Steven S.

Outstanding. My family will never go any other place, but Bay State Muffler. They where professional and may me feel very comfortable.

Description of Work
Repair to muffler tail pipe.

02/08/2015

STEPHEN O.

Made appt for 8am Sat morning . Actually started me a little early . Explained in detail what they were going to do , what it would cost and how long it would take . They were on the mark with everything . A think a dealer would have replaced the whole exhaust at considerable more cost . Couldn't be happier with Bay State Muffler

Description of Work
repaired exhaust pipe , and hangers

Category muffler repair

[Member Name], Thank you for coming in to the shop. We greatly appreciate your business and your kind review of our work. We hope to see you in the future if you ever have an other exhaust needs. Best Regards.

09/22/2014

Daniel L.

Excellent all around service. Called Bay State Muffler in the morning and was able to schedule an appointment that day. Toyota service shop wanted over $2K to replace entire muffler and exhaust system including catalytic converter. Bay State inspected the system with me and explained the muffler and catalytic converter were both in excellent shape and since the exhaust pipes were stainless steel, none of them needed to be replaced. They welded and repaired the connectors between the pipes and charged me only $225, then accepted a $25 Angie's list coupon for a net cost of only $200. Their work was excellent and they did the job in less than one hour. I would highly recommend them to anyone who had an exhaust or muffler issues with their car.

Description of Work
Welded and repaired automobile exhaust pipes

06/18/2014

Jamea S.

Our 2002 Lexus suv had failed the emission test in April and we were unable to get a sticker. We had been to our regular mechanic who suggested we take it to IRA Toyota in Peabody because the codes were saying we needed a catalytic converter and he wasn't sure what one it was since the car has three. At IRA Toyota they did their diagnostic test and also put it on the lift and examined it and said they would call with a price. Well they called once and said it was the left bank catalytic converter and it also needed 2 sensors and it would cost approximately $2,800.00. My husbands reaction was shock and disbelief so he asked them to e-mail us the quote. They did call back and say that the man that called the first time had misunderstood and it would only cost approximately $1,400.00. My husband again asked them to e-mail us a quote, which they never did. We relayed this information to our regular mechanic who recommend we take it to BAY STATE MUFFLER in Peabody. Much to my husbands surprise and delight they put it on the lift and discovered a hole in a pipe before the catalytic converter. They were able to replace that pipe and fix it in less than an 1 hour and only charged $100.00. We went back to IRA Toyota to get our $128.00 back for their faulty and very misleading service. It is so nice to know that there are good and honest mechanics out there that can be trusted. I will never go to a dealer for service again. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND "BAY STATE MUFFLER' ON ROUTE 1 IN PEABODY FOR ALL YOUR EXHAUST AND EMISSIONS NEEDS.

Description of Work
They repaired our exhaust problem in less than an hour and only charged $100.00. They were professional, fast and accurate. We couldn't have been happier with their service.

07/23/2013

Crystal H.

I called for an appointment yesterday afternoon and they took me this morning at opening. All of the guys were friendly and businesslike. I had been to a couple of other shops who were only interested in replacing the whole exhaust. Bay State was able to weld up some repairs and have me on my way in less than an hour. They even pointed out a mechanical problem that Is going to need to be addressed soon (they don't do any other work, otherwise I would have had it taken care of right there) The experience was so good and the price was so reasonable that I didn't even bother to use the Angie's coupon that I had in my pocket.

Description of Work
Repairs to exhaust system

Category muffler repair,auto repair

Thanks very much for bringing your car to our shop. We would have been happy to accept your coupon, but you can hold on to it for another day. See you again! -Bay State Muffler

06/19/2013

Sarah B.

When the obvious was clear that the exhaust pipe had separated from the engine we went to the closest franchise muffler station. We were given an estimate for a whole new exhaust system $$$$. We considered taking it off the road and then a co-worker recommended to have the guys at Bay State give a second estimate. Well, the savings was jaw dropping. Turned out they could replace the rusted joints and keep the rest of the exhaust system which was determined to be in good enough shape to well outlast the life of the car. Who likes going to car repair facilities? Not us. It always feels like you are getting taken. Not at this place. Very helpful, honest, capable and - exhaust systems is all they do so they have the parts and fixed the car same day. Very, very happy to have found this place.

Description of Work
Repaired exhaust system.

Category muffler repair,auto repair

Thanks so much for your review. We're very happy we were able to help keep your car on the road where it belongs! -Dave and Ken

02/19/2013

Daniel L.

I used the coupon Angie's List had. They did such a fantastic job. I would recommend them. I was told that my entire muffler system had to be replaced by a dealership and they were quoting me $700 to $800. I actually went to Angie’s List, reviewed and found two places, one was in Connecticut. I called Bay State and talked to Bob, he is an excellent guy. He went through the whole thing with me at that point and actually quoted me a price on Thursday or Friday and asked me if I could come down. I printed out the Angie's coupon for 25 bucks and they accepted that. They were quite happy that I had got them through Angie's List. He basically looked at it, explained the whole thing and took me out to the place. He went through the whole thing and said that I didn't need a whole new system but just needed the connecters at that point. It wasn’t a $700 or $900 job it was only a $200 job. They were excellent. They quoted me a price and stuck to the thing. They took me out and explained everything along the way. I was in and out in forty five minutes so it was quick, efficient and right on the money. It was just a very excellent experience.

Description of Work
I used Bay State Muffler to fix the connectors on my auto mufflers.

Category muffler repair

Member, thanks for your review, and thanks for coming into the shop. We're happy we could help you and that you kept a little extra money in your pocket! Ken and Dave
    Auto Mufflers
    Auto Service
    Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

Exhaust repairs, catalytic converters & custom exhaust.