Signature Building and Remodeling

Founded 2007 • With Angi since October 2009

We are a registered Home Improvement Contractor and Licensed General Contractor, serving Western Ma., in many areas of making a home look better and more comfortable for our customers, at an affordable price. I try my hardest to work WITH our customers and understand exactly what they want and give

KitchenScreen room and deckSleeping porch

handyman (206)woodworking (54)interior painting (48)decks & porches (44)roofing (37)drywall (36)home remodeling (32)door installation (29)siding companies (25)flooring (24)gutter repair (23)roof snow removal (22)

11/01/2022

Kathryn W.

Our bathroom was from the 1970s. Dave once again came through with a great finished product. He communicated every step of the way. His recommendations were spot on. When we wanted to add a few things along the way, it was no problem for Dave. He worked all of our requests into the finished product.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Category home remodeling

Review for Signature Building and Remodeling - 1371 Main St, Palmer, MA - 39954524

11/01/2022

Kathryn W.

What a difference a metal roof and siding makes. Dave and his crew did a fantastic job. They took their time and met with us every step of the way. Dave was always available to answer our questions and was in constant communication with us throughout the project. The metal roof was more costly than a regular roof but so well worth it. It has added beauty and value to our home.

Description of Work
Vinyl siding, Metal Roof

07/08/2021

Charles E.

I called and I didn't get any respond from the company, unresponsive and not a good business practice, not calling back a customer.

Description of Work
for building an above ground pool deck

Category decks

Work Completed On 06/04/2021

My apologies to this member. I was out of town for my daughters wedding and failed to stop by the office and change the answering machine. I would be happy to help, if you’d like to call back or send a message through AL.

04/20/2021

Elizabeth M.

Dave recently completed a huge deck replacement in my back yard, and I could not be more thrilled with the process and end result! Dave was professional, timely and communicative, always letting me know if there were going to be any expected delays or issues. He is honest, realistic with timing and pricing, and you can sense that he really cares about his work product. There were no surprises along the way, and he made sure to ask me for my input through the duration of the project. I couldn't be happier and would absolutely recommend! If you want your home project done by a down to earth, professional, nice guy, Dave is the one!

Description of Work
Deck Rebuild

Category appliance repair, decks, deck cleaning

Work Completed On 04/20/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We really enjoyed building your deck and working with you. Thank you for the opportunity!

01/24/2021

Amy F.

Excellent as always, this will be our second time using David Lane Home Building and Remodeling. They give excellent service all the way around, and take a lot of pride in the work they do. We have more work to be done and he will be our guy!!

Description of Work
Interior/Exterior

Category appliance repair, contractors, drywall, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/18/2021

11/07/2020

Shelley G.

This is to correct a previous review. We had an email miscommunication & Dave went out of his way to reach out & correct it. We hired him to tear down a rotting deck & to rebuild/expand it. He was great to work with & kept us informed every step of the process. Would definitely recommend him.

Description of Work
Tear down of old deck & rebuild

Category decks

Work Completed On 07/13/2020

Review for Signature Building and Remodeling - 1371 Main St, Palmer, MA - 39012299

Thank you so much for the follow up. It was a pleasure to work with you.

09/13/2020

Miranda L.

Our kitchen is beautiful. Lots of attention to detail and great communication. Had really great guys working in my house (electrician, plumber etc). He was able to offer several suggestions and was very transparent with the cost of this project with line item pricing. Would highly recommend Dave.

Description of Work
Total kitchen remodel

Work Completed On 09/13/2020

Review for Signature Building and Remodeling - 1371 Main St, Palmer, MA - 38871477

05/26/2020

Deb F.

Dave & his crew were superb! On time, prompt communications & a through explanation of his processes. By my request, We have only completed half of your list. The other will be done after Covid restrictions are eased & I feel comfortable letting folks inside the home

Description of Work
Remove popcorn ceiling, dry wall, painted

Category appliance repair, contractors, drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/26/2020

01/26/2020

Amy F.

Highly recommended, excellent work and fair pricing will be using Dave Lane and Signature Masonry again!

Description of Work
Demolition and rebuild of 2nd and first floor porch

Category decks, handyman service

Work Completed On 01/26/2020

10/23/2019

David O.

Excellent workmanship and follow-up. A couple of minor, but understandable delays I attribute to the Company being in high demand (which is a good thing). Still, it was done within the timeframe expected and at the price quoted.

Description of Work
Front entryway deck

Category decks, handyman service

Work Completed On 10/17/2019

10/22/2019

Robert B.

As a USMC Veteran I expect you to follow through with what you say your going to do. Dave and his guys we're great. Professional , on time and trustworthy.

Description of Work
Whole house sided

Category handyman service, siding

Work Completed On 09/25/2019

06/28/2019

Chris M.

"A+". I was very impressed with the efficiency and the excellent quality of the work. Corey was absolutely wonderful and did amazing work revitalizing my very old deck. The work was done in a very friendly, professional, efficient manner. The pricing was reasonable. I would highly recommend Dave Lane Building Remodeling to anyone.

Description of Work
I needed my back deck repaired as well as repainted.

Category decks, deck cleaning

Thank you so much for the nice review. It was a pleasure working with you. Thank you for the opportunity.

02/08/2019

Elizabeth C.

We hired Dave and his team to modify a large family room prior to our moving into our new house. Dave met with us, talked us through the quote and answered the questions we had. This project involved removing the existing wall to wall carpeting, installing hardwood flooring as well as two new doors and new wood trim in the time frame he had given us. Dave made sure to keep us apprised of any changes or questions he needed answered as the project was underway. He really did a terrific job with the installation and matching of the new doors to existing stained trim and doors in the house. We couldn't be happier. Dave is very professional and customer focused and we look forward to working with him again later this spring!

Description of Work
Removal of carpet; Installation of hardwood floor & new doors/trim; Staining of new doors/trim

Category handyman service, hardwood floor, woodworking, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 12/14/2018

02/02/2019

Barbara K.

Met him at the home show in November. Had him come to the house so we could get an estimate. After numerous telephone calls, finally just received the bathroom estimate at the end of December. Received kitchen estimate in mid January and that still was not a complete estimate.

Description of Work
Bathroom and Kitchen remodel

Work Completed On 01/15/2019

01/10/2019

Darlene L.

It went perfectly! Dave is an honest, hard working guy! He communicates well and is flexible and always does excellent work in our home, no matter what it is. He is easy to talk to and will steer you in the right direction whatever it is that you need done! He is very fair with his prices . I have seen way more overpriced and not as good craftsmanship! He is as good as it gets!

Description of Work
granite counter tops, new sink and faucet, installed dishwasher

Category countertops, handyman service, plumbing

Work Completed On 01/10/2019

11/07/2018

Rachel N.

Dave came on 9/10. We explained what we needed for repairs, he did the measurements and told us he would have a quote within a week or so. By 9/25 we still had heard nothing so I called his number to ask when we would get the quote. He apologized that he had not done it yet and that "emergencys" had popped up and would get it to me asap....10/25 still nothing I emailed Dave that with us still not having a quote was extremely unprofessional, but was willing to give him a second try to at least make good on his word to "do his best" to give me the quote (because I know in this line of business things do pop up)...So today 11/7 nothing still!

Description of Work
Roof replace

Category gutter repair, handyman service, roofing

Work Completed On 10/25/2018

I truly am sorry to have disappointed this member. I’m not looking to give excuses. The truth of the matter is that the weather pattern this year (constant rain), has put us in a tough position. We have had little success in keeping up with our schedule. When I was at this estimate, I stressed how I would be unable to put anymore exterior work on our schedule this year. I did say I would still provide a quote and I am sorry that I didn’t. There’s not much sense in putting a quote together for work that we cannot do at this time. I should point out that this was a leaking roof and not something that should be put on next years schedule. Dave

07/16/2018

Bob B.

Courteous, honest and professional. You can't ask for more than that out of a contractor and unfortunately they are in short supply. Dave and his crew do quality work, are most importantly honest, and provide multiple solutions and pricing options to allow for the best fit for your particular situation and budget. My wife and have only one regret about writing this review... it will likely make it tougher to book Dave Lane Building and Remodeling for future projects!

Description of Work
Breezeway Modification, Front Stoop Rebuild, Structural work on front of House, Roof and Chimney replacement.

Category contractors, decks, gutter repair, handyman service, masonry, roofing, screen repair, chimney caps, chimney repair, woodworking, doors, sunrooms, foundation repair

Work Completed On 06/26/2018

Thank you for the nice review. We look forward to working together with any future projects.

06/27/2018

Virginia R.

Dave was as usual very efficient in coming out, assessing what needed to be done and arranged for it to be done immediately. The work was finished in one 7 hour day. Amazing, but noticed some running (dripping) of the paint above two door jams. Dave had the painter come out and fix those that same night. The new color was similar to the original one so it was hard to tell in a bright space so it was noticed in the morning that there were a few spots that were missed. Dave himself came out repainted the areas missed and reduced the overall price of the job. Dave is always a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Painting of a two story hallway

Category handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/03/2018

04/21/2018

Barbara H.

Dave and his crew are the best I have EVER worked with. Dave was in constant communication with me re: the progress / plans and when they would be here. Dave was aware I had a short deadline for part of the job and accomplished it for me. He and his crew were always prompt and courteous. They were conscious of the fact that I was still in the house and trying to work from home and were incredibly accommodating. His crew are workaholics even when he is not with them. I look forward to working with Dave when I move into my kitchen / bathroom renovations!

Description of Work
Made all my repairs to floors and walls from burst pipes in 3 rooms. Then painted rooms, laid down Pirgo flooring, replaced /stained wood doors and installed ceiling fans to finish the renovation / remodeling for me. Dave was willing to work with whatever I picked out to put in.

Category remodeling

Thank you very much for the nice review! We enjoyed working with you on your project and look forward to working together in the future. Dave

04/17/2018

sarah G.

We called Dave Lane's office last fall, didn't hear back then called again (probably not a good sign to begin with). After a few calls, someone came to do an estimate. They asked for some ideas about what we were looking for for the window seat, which we sent back and we never heard from them again despite several efforts to re-contact them. It looks like they may do good work once they get in, but this was a big waste of time for us.

Description of Work
Building a window seat and multiple rehab jobs in the house

Category contractors, handyman service

Work Completed On 11/16/2017

My apologies to this member. I was very interested in the projects and meant to get an estimate out to them. It was a very busy time for us, which made it difficult to find office time for estimates. We have addressed the problem and focused our efforts on making sure every job gets estimated. I am very sorry. Dave

02/01/2018

vinny W.

Everything went really well. what's good about Dave - he's a guy you can talk to & work with. Very fair worth the money.

Description of Work
Dave has done almost everything for me: siding, exterior windows, exterior doors. Also , a roof, a new ceiling, painting etc.

Work Completed On 02/01/2018

12/11/2017

Deb F.

Dave was very responsive. From the initial visit, estimate & paving . We were unsure of where we wanted to expand and used his expertise to work on design & drainage. Dave and crew were great and very professional.

Description of Work
Resurface & expand driveway

Category driveway pavers